Search This thread

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Download:
ROM: Google Drive
NikGapps core (Download from here)

Installation:
  • Boot a custom recovery
  • Wipe data, cache, dalvik and system
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash GApps (optional)
  • Reboot

What's working?
Unknown...

What's not working?
Unknown...

ROM OS Version: Android 11
crDroid Version: 7.30
Android Security Update: May 5 2023
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.108

Last edited:
Reactions: str4610

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
this rom is untested, i don't have a z00xd device...
let me know if its working or not :) tried building this rom with a prebuilt kernel from old android 10 roms. it might not even boot, no guarantees!

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
Not tested ? Im tested on my Z00ED its bootloop lol @zenfone selfie
thanks for your time and testing it. as i said i don't have a test device and couldn't find a compatible kernel source for 11 so used a prebuilt one from android 10 roms. my Z00T can boot all the way from nougat to R with icey kernel for example, thought might worth a shot. since these are similar devices and Z00T/Z00L roms are working i just tried what i could. maybe the kernel is fine and the problem is in the device tree who knows? i don't have any way of testing. wish it was working :)

ariessword

May 27, 2023
thanks for your time and testing it. as i said i don't have a test device and couldn't find a compatible kernel source for 11 so used a prebuilt one from android 10 roms. my Z00T can boot all the way from nougat to R with icey kernel for example, thought might worth a shot. since these are similar devices and Z00T/Z00L roms are working i just tried what i could. maybe the kernel is fine and the problem is in the device tree who knows? i don't have any way of testing. wish it was working :)
Ok thanks, i wish maybe someone doing to fix it 🤣🤣🫣

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
its quite unlikely at this point. android 12 and above doesn't support snapdragon 410/615 generation, i mean the source code doesn't have support by default. its doable, someone made an android 13 rom for j5 for example but its a lot more difficult and zenfone 2 series wasn't as popular as samsungs anyways. most devs are abandoned these devices at this point. also almost no one works on android 11 roms anymore. so even android 11 is unlikely for Z00xD. hope i'm wrong tho :) i'd like to see it. glad i was able to fix the problems on z00t/z00l rom at least. even if the users are few, it's still an accomplishment and feels good :)

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
if you can test it, i can try 2 more things. first build would be selinux encorcing again and if that doesn't boot either i can try a permissive build, maybe its an selinux problem? if both fails i'm done tho :) that's the most i can try without a test device.

edit:
here's the new build https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uf3l4pOqGeR3gyxRvCBvUk-bA8AA87yd/view?usp=sharing

and here's the permissive build, if the regular one works, wouldn't recommend this one...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cieCFONnEZU5yONoiPpgHTS--Bt8NXoL/view?usp=sharing
you can try this if the first one doesn't boot either. hope one of these can boot :)

Last edited:

ariessword

May 27, 2023
if you can test it, i can try 2 more things. first build would be selinux encorcing again and if that doesn't boot either i can try a permissive build, maybe its an selinux problem? if both fails i'm done tho :) that's the most i can try without a test device.

edit:
here's the new build https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uf3l4pOqGeR3gyxRvCBvUk-bA8AA87yd/view?usp=sharing

and here's the permissive build, if the regular one works, wouldn't recommend this one...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cieCFONnEZU5yONoiPpgHTS--Bt8NXoL/view?usp=sharing
you can try this if the first one doesn't boot either. hope one of these can boot :)
I alrealy test it, but only build permissive can boot, i tried gapps Open Gapps, Nick Gapps systemui has force close and back to bootanimation again and again 🫣🤣 @zenfone selfie

ariessword

May 27, 2023

edit:

Without gapps as same

xaweryp

Aug 3, 2020
For me both enforcing and permissive causing a bootloop. Enforcing get stuck after logo screen (black screen, some reaction on heardware keys) while permissive boots into home screen (wallpaper visible), but also after a while causes bootloop as well unfortunately.

TT: Z00ED, clean install (system, data, cache, dalvik wiped), no gapps

Any ideas (especially from those for whose the permissive build works?

thx.

markkiths

Jun 11, 2022
For me both enforcing and permissive causing a bootloop. Enforcing get stuck after logo screen (black screen, some reaction on heardware keys) while permissive boots into home screen (wallpaper visible), but also after a while causes bootloop as well unfortunately.

TT: Z00ED, clean install (system, data, cache, dalvik wiped), no gapps

Any ideas (especially from those for whose the permissive build works?

thx.
better to use Android 7 or 10 base rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its quite unlikely at this point. android 12 and above doesn't support snapdragon 410/615 generation, i mean the source code doesn't have support by default. its doable, someone made an android 13 rom for j5 for example but its a lot more difficult and zenfone 2 series wasn't as popular as samsungs anyways. most devs are abandoned these devices at this point. also almost no one works on android 11 roms anymore. so even android 11 is unlikely for Z00xD. hope i'm wrong tho :) i'd like to see it. glad i was able to fix the problems on z00t/z00l rom at least. even if the users are few, it's still an accomplishment and feels good :)
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Download:
    ROM: Google Drive
    NikGapps core (Download from here)

Installation:
    • Boot a custom recovery
    • Wipe data, cache, dalvik and system
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GApps (optional)
    • Reboot

What's working?
    Unknown...

What's not working?
    Unknown...

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    crDroid Version: 7.30
    Android Security Update: May 5 2023
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.108
    this rom is untested, i don't have a z00xd device...
    let me know if its working or not :) tried building this rom with a prebuilt kernel from old android 10 roms. it might not even boot, no guarantees!