Development [ROM][Android 12.1]StagOS 12.1[lemonade][OFFICIAL][10/04/2022]

Search This thread

UPHE21

Aug 15, 2021
OnePlus 9
When I was about to flash rom, I showed an error message, which means: can't read rom.zip.I followed the author's instructions

pranavasri

Nov 13, 2015
Hyderabad
OnePlus Nord
OnePlus 9 Pro
Working pretty fine for me.
Waiting for vanilla version.
Hope to see more features in it. Like game mode..
There is a little but weird problem in it. I guess in dark more only (screen tickers sometimes) it's like its adapting colors or something..
And while on charging if I'm on 99% it's still says 1 hour and 30 minutes left..
vanilla is almost around the corner :p

pranavasri

Nov 13, 2015
Hyderabad
OnePlus Nord
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey, I just passed by to say how awesome this ROM is and encourage you to update it anytime you can. You did a great job with this.

I was having issues with Bluetooth, even on OOS, but it's working properly with this.

Just a little note, I noticed there are no lags when I leave the min rate to 60hz and max to 120hz. There's one thing about this: it slightly shifts color from time to time (no explanation for this).

Also the biggest battery drainer for me is the screen. Any clue why this night be?

BEFORE any troll comes around, I know the screen consumes a lot but it's not the case with OOS or even COS. Could it be due to a generic driver or so?
There's two things,
OnePlus kinda dynamically decreases display resolution from 4k to full hd, IDK if its oneplus exclusive or an android feature.
and at the same time, in the current build refresh rate isn't dynamic, probably causing a tad bit extra battery drain.

Reactions: azizolmez

Berinie

Nov 28, 2021
OnePlus 9
Guys, thanks a lot, I am super happy to read everyone is enjoying the build, with tiny issues here and there.
I have been super busy and a bit ill, and hence wasn't as much active. I'm trying to get another build released ASAP
it'll be both gapps and non gapps version being released this time.
Stay Tuned
~ sic parvis magna ~
Please take your time and take care.
So far so good on current build.

Ashish dudeja

May 14, 2018
OnePlus 9
Screenshot_20220124-023239_Google Play services.png
how do I install the OTA update? It doesn't seem to install and have been showing the error, please help

Gimdaphone

Oct 2, 2019
Bruxelles
Can I root stag os need patch boot img?
I just did. I didn't try all my modules yet but it's working fine and the root is on.

For anyone wondering the method:
Installation as usual, just extract the boot.img from the payload.bin (with the payload_dumper) and put it on your phone. Install the latest Magiskmanager and run the patch on the boot file you've extracted, once it's done, put it the patched boot on the computer and flash it on your phone on bootloader mode.

Reactions: Venkata Prathap

Darrian

Feb 25, 2011
OnePlus 9
@pranavasri I just recently got my OnePlus 9 because I needed a 5g phone now and couldn't wait for the 10. Thank you so much for this ROM! The stock offering of OxygenOS/ColorOS frankly sucks, and Stag was one of my favorite ROMs to run on my previous phone. The only major issue I've noticed so far is the front camera isn't taken into account, so some of the status bar sometimes gets hidden by the camera. Otherwise it's great so far! I appreciate you building this ROM for us and look forward to the next build. I might also suggest that you consider creating a Telegram channel. A lot of developers are using Telegram the days!

Last edited:

wipex

Jan 31, 2022
I have tried out this ROM. I'm pretty excited about it, miles better than ColorOS, there is no comparison. Thank you for making this possible. The only thing I can't get to work and sometimes it's a little buggy is the camera. It mainly works with 3rd party apps, sometimes it crashes. With the google camera app, it is crashing instantly. I Installed the GCam 8.4 and it partially works until you bother the app too much, and it eventually fails. Reinstalling fixed the app for a limited time.

I'm here for test purposes in future build releases. Peace and stay safe!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does this ROM not work with Verizon SIMs? A company asked me to test their service and I was shocked when I put the SIM in and got no service. The settings acts like there is no SIM at all and the only indication I am connected to anything is the Verizon Wireless in the status bar on the lock screen (but calls and data don't work). I used the MSM tool to go back to stock and it works perfectly so I guess I am stuck on stock while I am testing this new service.
    I tried using a Visible SIM card (runs on Verizon's network). I also get no service. It shows visible on the status bar. Settings is acting the same as yours.
    Yeah I did a search in this thread after I posted and it seems that this has been a known issue that was supposed to be fixed. I ended up having to flash another ROM... and then another ROM... and another ROM... all of them have more issues than this one so I hope this gets fixed so I can come back. Otherwise I will be back in a couple weeks when I'm done with this trial.
    I really wish to fix it by next update, having difficulty pinpointing the issue. Fingers crossed!

~sic parvis magna~
    I really wish to fix it by next update, having difficulty pinpointing the issue. Fingers crossed!

~sic parvis magna~
    Yeah I figured it must be a complex issue if you didn't succeed in fixing it before. Thanks for the update though. I will switch back after I am done with this testing, all these other ROMs have really frustrating bugs. You did an excellent job with this ROM.
    I just installed the rom but I don't see the option to root. Can someone help?

You just need to sideload magisk (rename to .zip) via recovery for root, see here for more details:

https://www.reddit.com/r/essential/comments/hai60p
    Note: additional steps will be needed post-root if you want to pass SafetyNet again
    Try setting your min refresh rate to 120Hz - this fixed it for me and still get 9.5+ hours of SoT
    Yep. That did the trick
    Thank you
    1640277944509.png

Hey another day another rom, that's what you might be thinking. but we at stag aim towards elegance. We are learners just like everyone out there, This is small project we have started which helps us learn every single day. Why Stag, you might question, my answer would be why not. After all Harry's patronus was a stag(pun intended). After having a couple of iterations, we still intend to stick to our roots, and keep refining what we have. With Android 12, Stag would still be aiming at an elegantly beautiful close to stock experience, that satisfies just the features and customisations you'd crave for (nothing more, nothing less), at the same time being blazing fast and silky smooth. You'll have to try it to believe it ;).

~Sic Parvis Magna~

PS: for people wondering what sic parvis magna is, it translates to great endings from small beginnings, Something i picked up while playing a game.

Credits where they are Due:

Google(No explanation needed n this regards)

Lineage(For starting of the custom rom war)​
    disclaimer.png

Code:
    /*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

This Build is a Beta Build, I will not be responsible for any kind of issues that might come up (while flashing)

downloads.png

Gapps Build
    Pristine Build (Non Gapps)
    Recovery

Bugs

1. Chances of one random crash dump, just reboot if you face it​
    2. App Auth using Face Unlock is Glitchy (Disable that option)​

Features

1. Refresh rate switch
    2. Advanced Reboot
    3. Google Style monet made better thanks to ProtonAOSP and kdragon
    4. OOS Style Screen Recorder (Check qs tiles)
    5. Enforcing Build
    6. CTS Passes
    7. Unlimited Google photos backup (Fingerprint spoofed)
    8. CTS Passes sucessfully
    9. Face Unlock
    10. Less Annoying Notifications
    11. Working Gcam Pre Installed
    12. Ambient Display Gestures
    13. Off Screen Getures
    14. OTA Support
    And much much more, hope you all love the build.
    The build will be updated with bug fixes, but please don't ask ETA.
    Hope you like it.
    installation.png

PreRequisites
    * Bootloader Unlocked OnePlus 9
    Installing
    Download recovery recovery-lemonadep-{date}.img and ROM zip from link above
    * Boot into bootloader
    * fastboot flash boot_a recovery-lemonadep-{date}.img
    * fastboot flash boot_b recovery-lemonadep-{date}.img
    * Reboot to recovery
    * Wipe data/ Factory Reset (Don't have to, if flashing over older Stag Build)
    * Sideload ROM
    * Reboot System

(if anyone has problem with download links I use please ping me and I'll update with the required)

Instructions for Flashing: (thanks a big bunch @avid_droid )
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you destroy your device. Method posted is tried and true and will work if directions are followed.

You must be updated to latest,11.2.10.10

Unlock bootloader

Here are the files needed:

Recovery: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586357860

Copy partitions: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693768129

In bootloader:
    fastboot flash boot losrecovery-0626.img

Reboot to recovery

adb sideload copy partitions.zip

Reboot recovery

Format data

adb sideload StagOS.zip

Reboot and enjoy

Warning: Do not attempt any other flashing of recovery as it may result in having NO OS!
    credits.png

The Proper due credits will be updated promptly, A huge thanks to the Lineage team and luk for bring up of OnePlus 9 trees.
    A huge huge thanks to everyone who helped me test it, and develop:
    @chandu dyavanapelli for helping me with 12 bringup
    and
    @aswin_a_s forhelping me deal with some huge issues, and stabilizing source (both rom and device)
    Yashwant for testing almost all the builds, which made it possible for this build today
    Robert, @Jhoopes517, rohan, avid_droid for testing the builds promptly and reporting all the major bugs.
    This release would have been super difficult without your help. Thanks a lot.
    I am extremeley sorry if I forgot someone, please dm me and I will promptly add your names.
    and currently this build is work in progress.​

sources.png

I work on this project as a hobby, and the money for the servers completely go out from my pocket.
    If you like my work it'd be great if you could: https://buymeacoffee.com/vjspranav
    I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks and hope you enjoy the build

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.4.x GKI
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    OFFICIAL BETA
    Current Build Version: 12.1
    Build Release Date: 2022-02-25
    Warning: Contains No way Home Spoiler

To everyone using StagOS

I have been listening to all the responses you've been sharing, and there's a huge bunch of changes, as amazing as the last release if not better, coming up.
    It's not OOS camera yet, but there's too much more.
    I am just waiting so I can do this release with android 12.1
    Until then I hope you have an amazing time with stag, and maybe cast a patronus :p.

See ya!
    ~Sic Parvis Magna~
    Changelog - 10/04/2022
    Hola guys long time no see, I know I promised monthly updates, but this one stretched far too long. The reasons include my college and android 12.1, which was a huge pain for me. But nevertheless here we are as stable as ever :)).. Ok as always
    Without further ado, I'll quickly list down the Changelog.
    Bad news first:
    1. We won't be having OOS camera anytime soon, Almost everything works except for rear normal photo, I need some help for fixing hence I am not including it in release builds. If anyone wants to try it out, feel free to pm me on telegram: @vjspranav.

Ok that was it, everything further just keeps getting better.

Device Specific
    * Tweaked the position of alert slider UI to make it feel more natural.
    * There was a small chance of sim not being detected on first boot, that has been fixed.
    * Issues with Verizon have been fixed. A few devices report it as working, a few report it as broken, so you can probably just try it out and let me know.
    * Wait must have been super annoying to see wrong charging info on Lock Screen, stuck at some 1hr 24 mins always. Now your phone works as it should have! Lock-screen charging info now shows correct estimates.
    * One of the biggest things, we no longer spoof our whole device as pixel, It detects as a oneplus and that helps a great deal with refresh rate in a few apps. And guess what!?
    CTS still successfully passes :)).
    * Added a bit of optimised charging support, although you can't control start stop percentage, your phone will still make sure to stop charging after a certain point. This will be adapted based on your usage.
    * Finally for everyone not being able to flash gapps on pristine build, Now you can do so and much more, The issue has been fixed. You can flash any and every apps package, be it micro, mini, full or stock.
    * For people having Indian version or any other version which does not support wireless charging, they were unable to turn off, power sharing. Now you all don't have to worry :).

Rom
    * Updated to Android 12.1 with April security patch, nothing but the latest and the best.
    * Added back charging animation ripple removed as part of 12.1 by Google.
    * Temporarily removed pocket lock as it is causing issues with device wake.
    * Added quick unlock with pin, many have asked for it.
    * Added option to enable always on display on charging only.
    * Added options to customise fonts and styles of status bar.
    * And a lot of under the hood changes thanks to both android 12.1 and also things we at stag do.

As always, stag is as good as you last remember it if not better. I really hope you enjoy the build, and keep showing the love!!.

Cheers

Changelog - 25/02/2022
    Hello everyone, first of all, sorry for the delay of two months. I was super busy with life and had covid and college and stuff, secondly I am super happy and thrilled for the support everyone has been giving. I really hope you find this build and also the next exactly to your liking if not more :p.
    Without further ado, I'll quickly list down the changelog.

Device Specific
    * Firstly The clock being overlapped by camera cut out, padding issue has been fixed.
    * On Lock Screen, you must've seen FP icon and charging info overlapping each other, this issue has also been fixed.
    * You must've loved the new unlock animations of A12 right?, But I'm sure everyone felt, the power button location of animation is off, guess what we've got that fixed too!
    * Ohh how could I forget, the dreaded ring issue, you won't have to face it anymore, every call you do will for sure have a ring giving you the peace of the call being connected and not having to face surprises.
    * We Added OnePlus Specific Settings, That let you select Hyper Touch, Edge touch etc.
    * Added Touch screen gestures, these are just love (we also support single tap for ambient display :))
    * Wake device on pick up, and a couple more ambient display options have been added.
    * Build comes with a pre installed working GCam on gapps build.
    * Wanted to share your battery to your friends? We have power share toggle added, you can wirelessly or through wire charge your friends phone or any chargeable device!

If you think those are good, wait till you see, what the ROM brings :p
    Rom
    * Updated to February patch.
    * Ever wanted to look at your phone, and just wanted it to unlock, no sweat, stag has the long awaited face unlock support now.
    * We have ota support now, all further builds can be downloaded and installed seamlessly over OTA.
    * Added an idle battery manager, this helps in saving idle battery.
    * Guess what ever wanted too listen to your class and YouTube, and wanted to decrease volume of your class/meeting only ? It's now possible, we have per app volume control, let your meeting run in silence and let the music begin!. (just kidding, we have the feature but don't miss out on classes :p)
    * I believe there was an issue with no default notification or ringtone in the last build, worry not we got you covered!
    * And remember that annoying screenshot sound ? I don't, because we don't have it anymore.
    * And And, Live translate works, Complete the initial setup and update all apps, and you're all set.
    * For all the enthusiasts, we have an amazing black theme, I know you are there and you are going to love it!
    * You scared your phone gets unlocked in your pocket? Well just a toggle and your phone can be smart enough to not unlock as long as it's in your pocket! with pocket lock.
    * You like your brightness slider at the bottom? Do not want to see the auto brightness icon ? Or don't want to see the bar at all ? Well you can do all of them now.
    * We have saner heads up now, if you are constantly annoyed by every notification pop up on your screen! Explore it to know it.

Upcoming
    * We are working on OOS Cam, we have potrait pro mode etc working, so expect to see the next build with OOS Cam :).

and too much more, small changes and tweaks to make your experience the best possible!!.

Due to the volume of changes, it is highly recommended to clean flash for the best experience.
    Guys, thanks a lot, I am super happy to read everyone is enjoying the build, with tiny issues here and there.
    I have been super busy and a bit ill, and hence wasn't as much active. I'm trying to get another build released ASAP
    it'll be both gapps and non gapps version being released this time.
    Stay Tuned
    ~ sic parvis magna ~
    Guys latest build has been has been uploaded, change log has been posted in the third post :

There are a plethora of changes without the slightest compromise in stability, if anything it will be better!!!

If you enjoy the build please consider https://www.buymeacoffee.com/vjspranav

Would help me out a lot 😄
    cheers

~sic parvis magna~