[ROM][Android 12.1][SURYA] crDroid v8.5 [OFFICIAL][12-05]

Search This thread

dergago

Feb 10, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I know this rom is EOL, but I have an urgent problem...

My poco downloads a systemupdate the whole time. The battery dies really fast and the biggest problem is that my mobiel plan has only 3GB per month of data. My Poco needs only one day outside and the data is gone for the month.

Has anyone a suggestion how I can block this "systemupdate"? It is only since december. Before everything was perfect.

I'm on crDroid 7.4.
I hope someone can help me. Currently I have no time to change rom or to do a reset.

gedik777

Jan 21, 2022
I know this rom is EOL, but I have an urgent problem...

My poco downloads a systemupdate the whole time. The battery dies really fast and the biggest problem is that my mobiel plan has only 3GB per month of data. My Poco needs only one day outside and the data is gone for the month.

Has anyone a suggestion how I can block this "systemupdate"? It is only since december. Before everything was perfect.

I'm on crDroid 7.4.
I hope someone can help me. Currently I have no time to change rom or to do a reset.
I have exactly the same problem since approx 16th December.

It's caused by Google Services Framework which downloads some update and never finished (I downloaded ~13GiB over LTE during December :) )

As I can't stop such update I started to block GSF in AFWall+. Then LTE (or WIFI) data drain stopped. On other way, lot of applications (Whatsapp, Telegram, Signal, Google podcasts, slack, bank applications) relays on GSF and then no notification will come until you lunch such application.

Reactions: dergago

dergago

Feb 10, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I have exactly the same problem since approx 16th December.

It's caused by Google Services Framework which downloads some update and never finished (I downloaded ~13GiB over LTE during December :) )

As I can't stop such update I started to block GSF in AFWall+. Then LTE (or WIFI) data drain stopped. On other way, lot of applications (Whatsapp, Telegram, Signal, Google podcasts, slack, bank applications) relays on GSF and then no notification will come until you lunch such application.
Google Service Framework seems to be the problem. Thank you for that keyword. Unfortunately it seems like there is no good solution. Except the author of this rom deactivates the update.

I read it here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nexus4/comments/1lf2dq

Akrosmex

May 29, 2017
sorry for the dumb question but i havent really touched this since i installed this about 9 months ago, how do i go about updating the firmware? i tried dirty flashing the unofficial 7.14 version but it told me my firmware is too old.

Thanks!

dam85

Nov 24, 2015
Greece
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Lenovo Vibe P1m
seems you're running it. what date is the android security update?

the things i wish for are 'slim recents' and the vast customisation that aicp brings.
Screenshot_20220201_123329.jpeg

I'm happy with the current features crdroid offers, I've never likes slim recents. I prefer the stock recents behaviour.

I once used AICP but didn't find something special about it.

I used to use AoSP Extended mostly, but since I've tried crdroid, never looked back again.

Reactions: m0han
D

Deleted member 11965597

It's a beautiful rom, maybe the best, but it has a bug that I find very annoying. Basically, if the ambient display is on and you enable certain features, when you try to unlock the device, the screen lock seems to reset forcing you to unlock the device again. Same problem I found in the Arrow with A11. It was the only thing that caused me to remove it.

dam85

Nov 24, 2015
Greece
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Lenovo Vibe P1m
Is it still in development i thought it was dead...

crdroid is not dead, generally.

The official maintainer for POCO X3 NFC has stopped updating it.

There is an unofficial maintainer that keeps releasing this beautiful ROM.

Practically, it's the same, except you don't have support from crdroid crew.

As long as unofficial crdroid works fine, it's all good.

I'll keep you updated whenever I try a new unofficial release.

I'm gonna stuck with 7.14 for some months, as I don't want to reinstall everything from scratch everytime there is an update.

Reactions: metaxda

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
...I'm gonna stuck with 7.14 for some months, as I don't want to reinstall everything from scratch everytime there is an update.
i'm on aicp of 19th nov 2021 (last official) and would like to try crD 7.14 of 30th jan 2022 (latest unofficial). i believe i have to 'format data', which means i'll lose all my data and have to set up everything from scratch. is there any way to properly backup contacts, calls, messages as well as apps+data and restore exactly as they were? i don't use play store or any cloud storage.

Top Liked Posts