[ROM][Android 12.1][SURYA] crDroid v8.6 [OFFICIAL][30-06]

Search This thread
Jan 11, 2018
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Do you mean that you can't boot the phone normally or just that you can't access recovery anymore?

Either way, if you can't access recovery, you'll need to turn off your phone and then start it in fastboot mode by holding the volume down and power buttons together until the fastboot logo appears. Then, from your computer, flash TWRP by entering fastboot flash recovery <twrp.img>. from the command line. You replace twrp.img with the filename of TWRP. You can download the latest TWRP from https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=329007&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC. Once you've done that, enter fastboot boot <twrp.img>.
@Pumpino Thank You So Much...
The latest TWRP that you shared solved the issue.

Reactions: Pumpino
Jan 11, 2018
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

TaimoorBoss

Jan 21, 2015
Karachi
I flash the latest twrp image (from twrp) now I'm stuck in bootloop, can't access twrp and can't boot up phone even when I plug in charger it went into bootloop please help :(

Jan 11, 2018
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Can u please tell which version are u talking about I'm having a similar bootloop issue after flashing latest twrp IMG
Download the latest twrp-3.6.1_11-2-surya-22.05-fix.img from the link below

Reactions: m0han

eddymexico

May 24, 2022
Mexico
There's a weird bug right now going on with the crdroid.net, where only A10 and A11 versions show, no A12. Maybe not a bug, but all phones show just the lastest version up until Android 11 for some reason.

SmartJuwel

Screenshot_20220524-184149_Firefox.png

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
i'm on crDroid v8.5 12-may-2022 build and would like to use aospmods, mainly for (i) 3-column quick settings and (ii) disable screenshot sound (these features are not seen in the rom). the other modules i use can be seen from the screenshot. aospmods doesn't work for me yet. anyone successful?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-114923_Candid.png
    Screenshot_20220528-114923_Candid.png
    461.7 KB · Views: 77

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
.....rebooted to recovery (twrp-v3.6.1_11-2 by @brigudav)...
hello @brigudav, please see this post and comment there or here on the new feature 'fake encryption' marked as (1) in the screenshot. what does it actually do? would i remain 'not encrypted' after using that feature? can it be used to avoid detection in momo, e.g.

btw, i used the options in (2) to first disable and the next time remove the last installed module, saving me from bootlop on both occasions. many thanks. when you release newer versions of twrp, it'd be nice if you give a small description about what the newly added features do. keep up the good work. (y)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220604_091627.jpg
    Screenshot_20220604_091627.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: pnin and brigudav

brigudav

Feb 14, 2014
DV
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
hello @brigudav, please see this post and comment there or here on the new feature 'fake encryption' marked as (1) in the screenshot. what does it actually do? would i remain 'not encrypted' after using that feature? can it be used to avoid detection in momo, e.g.

btw, i used the options in (2) to first disable and the next time remove the last installed module, saving me from bootlop on both occasions. many thanks. when you release newer versions of twrp, it'd be nice if you give a small description about what the newly added features do. keep up the good work. (y)
Hi. It's just that many users turn off forced encryption, and "Fake encryption" will install a module for Magisk, which adds a flag to system.prop to falsely enable encryption. And the system thinks that encryption is enabled.

Juno1337

Jan 17, 2014
Moto G5S
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Is anyone else having trouble downloading caption data for live caption? There's next to no info on this problem anywhere, and I've tried the standard stuff like uninstalling updates to Android System Intelligence, clearing its data, rebooting but it always fails and says couldn't download live caption data. I've installed ASI as a flame gapps addon.
Edit: I should also add that I can't enable enhanced notifications (which also relies on ASI).

Last edited:

Juno1337

Jan 17, 2014
Moto G5S
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
On an unrelated note, my device appears to not be encrypted even though I didn't disable encryption (TWRP reads the internal storage and I can see folder names even though it should be gibberish). I did wipe the metadata partition (perhaps that was a mistake) because my understanding is that it is only dangerous to wipe if you don't plan to format data, which I obviously did, so I'm surprised that my phone appears to be unencrypted. To make completely sure, I made a text file in android and booted into the recovery and sure enough the contents are not encrypted.

Last edited:

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
Hi. It's just that many users turn off forced encryption, and "Fake encryption" will install a module for Magisk, which adds a flag to system.prop to falsely enable encryption. And the system thinks that encryption is enabled.
thank you for your reply. i'm very wary of this encryption apsect; hence a few questions:

i) can i use this feature and actually be 'not encrypted'?
ii) is it that settings > security > encryption & credentials would show the phone is encrypted, but twrp would still display all files/folders cleanly?
iii) any precautions to take before using the feature? does one have to remove passwords/fingerprints beforehand?
iv) can it be used to avoid detection in momo, e.g.
v) how to revert the changes, if required?

folks who have used this feature, please share your knowledge/experience. (y)

p.s.: i'd like to stay 'not encrypted'.

Juno1337

Jan 17, 2014
Moto G5S
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
thank you for your reply. i'm very wary of this encryption apsect; hence a few questions:

i) can i use this feature and actually be 'not encrypted'?
ii) is it that settings > security > encryption & credentials would show the phone is encrypted, but twrp would still display all files/folders cleanly?
iii) any precautions to take before using the feature? does one have to remove passwords/fingerprints beforehand?
iv) can it be used to avoid detection in momo, e.g.
v) how to revert the changes, if required?

folks who have used this feature, please share your knowledge/experience. (y)

p.s.: i'd like to stay 'not encrypted'.
1: I believe you still have to flash the zip that disables encryption. The feature in the recovery just makes sure that the system thinks it is encrypted.
2: Yes.
3: You have to format data so everything will be gone anyway.
4: Probably but not really sure.
5: Depends on what you mean by revert. If you want to disable fake encryption that's easy enough, but to actually encrypt your phone agai you would have to wipe data and install everything again, this time without disabling encryption.

This is everything as I understand it.

Reactions: m0han

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
1: I believe you still have to flash the zip that disables encryption....
3: You have to format data so everything will be gone anyway.....
5: ....If you want to disable fake encryption that's easy enough, but to actually encrypt your phone....
1 & 3 are worrisome. 5. how to disable fake encryption?

i'm eager to try this recovery feature to see if i can avoid detection in momo. but, i wish i could hear from @brigudav (he's the author of the script/module, after all) on the procedure to be followed to use the feature and actually stay 'not encrypted'.

Juno1337

Jan 17, 2014
Moto G5S
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
1 & 3 are worrisome. 5. how to disable fake encryption?

i'm eager to try this recovery feature to see if i can avoid detection in momo. but, i wish i could hear from @brigudav (he's the author of the script/module, after all) on the procedure to be followed to use the feature and actually stay 'not encrypted'.
Are you currently encrypted? If yes then you have no choice but to delete everything and start over and this time flash dfe before booting. Using the feature in the recovery you then fake the encryption. To disable it is as simple as disabling the magisk module associated with the feature. And of course you'll stay unencrypted.

Top Liked Posts