[ROM][android 12] AospExtended ROM V9.X [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

emilic

Mar 15, 2007
I'll start by, I am not the developer, I did not do this...
I am just helping to give this more visibility!!! as it should have!!
The developer is Davide, dmd79.
And I'll gladly remove this post when he does a proper one ^^

0CwUbOx.png

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

AA1Rh7c.png

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience. We have added useful customizations from various other open-source projects and have tried to keep our things simple. A ROM by a user, for a user. #BeExtended

LXtiYrB.png

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are constantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. We aim to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For the addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our Telegram community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!

d6IoG5C.png

Download ROM, GApps here for your device!

Z2 Pro

Google Apps
-included

lID1jJJ.png

Want to try this awesomeness?

Code:
Code:
-Download the ROM and GApps of your choice
-Backup every partition from TWRP Recovery
-Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
-Flash AEX Package
-Install GAPPS package
-Wipe cache!
-And at last Reboot!
  [First boot will take a few minutes! Have patience]
Clean Flash is always recommended!

COh4x0F.png

Visit our Website. Subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Also join our Telegram Group Chat!

Want to translate to your language? Visit our Crowdin

Want to contribute to the development of this ROM?
Checkout our Github and Gerrit

YbLPNze.png

People behind this amazing ROM!

-
dmd79
[email protected](Owner/Dev/Designer)
-JDC Team
-DirtyUnicorns
-LineageOS/Cyanogenmod
-TeamSubstratum
-Nitrogen Project
-Pure Nexus
-OmniROM
-AOSPA
-ABC ROM
-GZOSP Community
-Johan Söderholm for DuckDuckGo Browser
-Enrico D'Ortenzio for Music Player Go
[email protected], @Wizper99, @Allstargaurav, @Edozullo and @harsh sharma (For designing the ROM Logo, Fling etc)

• Love
Reactions: Barkuti

emilic

Mar 15, 2007
I've been using it for 3 days.
Amazing battery life!
bluetooth works, call work, camera works.

Its just quite perfect right now ^^ :-D

HikL

May 16, 2007
Nice to see a separate thread!
I'm wondering, are any of you using encryption? Or just unencrypted partitions? Which recovery do you use? I'm still struggling with boot loops as soon as encryption comes into play.

jaspis2323

Feb 12, 2018
Good idea! This ROM definietly deserve separate thread :
I'm wondering, are any of you using encryption? Or just unencrypted partitions? Which recovery do you use? I'm still struggling with boot loops as soon as encryption comes into play.
Hi, I've never usencryption so unfortunatly I don't know how to help.

Reactions: HikL

Borg666

May 17, 2007
Xiaomi Mi 5
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Hey folks,

I created a mirror of most of the ROMs from aospextended.com, just in case they were taken down some day:

Find my collection of ROMs and some other stuff for z2_row at mega.nz:

Radio:
Z2Pro_Radio_Modem_4.0.247_ST_Full.zip
md5: 1295e6aa18c83db7199c5eff0e35d4d1

TWRP:
twrp-3.6.2_9-0-z2_row.img
md5: a63b8d3cc58fa31f7dcbe2ba0a1e464e

ROM:
AospExtended-v9.0-z2_row-OFFICIAL-20220217-2122.zip
md5: cf1e8a5da7681b03f72fbfaeee21be99

AospExtended-v9.1-z2_row-OFFICIAL-20220510-2026.zip
md5: 8adeb5b551d2ec6493595a984b54aa96

Download @mega.nz:
https://mega.nz/folder/kuQHnCQZ#P45mHHhmR8aJi2GGq3gwtQ

Last edited:

HikL

May 16, 2007
To answer my own question for future reference: Encryption does not work since our device doesn't support file based encryption. Only full disk encryption is supported but Android dropped support on that. Therefore the needed password screen at startup does not appear. More info at https://source.android.com/security/encryption

Reactions: Borg666

Borg666

May 17, 2007
Xiaomi Mi 5
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Btw, did anyone noticed this nice side effect, as our Z2 now is recognized as Google Pixel Phone?
Google Photos just informed me, that I have unlimited upload quota, as I'm using one of their Pixels. 😅😂👌🏽

"Unlimited photos and videos can be backed up on this pixel for free (original quality)".

It works to backup all my GoPro [email protected] footage using my Z2, without touching any of the Google quota, great! 😅👌🏽

Attachments

• Google Fotos.png
    Google Fotos.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: maekus69

emilic

Mar 15, 2007
Well, not sure if anyone else had already tried it.
But I just rooted my phone and magisk is now up and running :)

Reactions: maekus69

brcruz94

Jun 6, 2022
Hello, I tried to install the latest version, but I can not pass the initial settings, I did by wifi and mobile data, in none of them I managed to connect to the internet and proceed. Is there any hint on how to resolve this issue?

Borg666

May 17, 2007
Xiaomi Mi 5
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Possibly your Radio might be outdated?
(I'm running Version 4.0.247ST)
Flashing the Radio can fix connection issues, but rately can lead to some as well.
Btw, flashing the radio won't change the displayed "Baseband" version number within the "about phone" settings.

brcruz94

Jun 6, 2022
Possibly your Radio might be outdated?
(I'm running Version 4.0.247ST)
Flashing the Radio can fix connection issues, but rately can lead to some as well.
Btw, flashing the radio won't change the displayed "Baseband" version number within the "about phone" settings.
I installed the same baseband file, but the system still does not recognize my internet networks, I will expect a version without gapps

Barkuti

Jul 22, 2006
Alhama de Murcia
Hello fellows! 🙂
Is this ROM seriously working as it should? 🤔
A few months ago I downloaded the Android 12 AOSP ROM (I a see an AEX v9.0 version in the download page, must be it) and it basically was a mess, to put it clearly. This of course is not to blame dmd79 in any case, I am fairly grateful for what he has done ROM wise to the Zuk Z2 Pro or Z2121. Really! 🙏
But I have to ask, because things like the options in the Developer Options menu were basically not working, or at least there were many items which I just couldn't change, or they did not seem to work. There were many other problems with the Extensions menu in Settings.
Still, can't help to say that I found really annoying the way Android 12 manages notifications, as for example I use Power Toggles as quick application launcher which displays as a permanent notification in my status bar drop-down menu, and Android 12 displayed some annoying additional text ribbon above or below it for whatever stupid reason which I couldn't remove. I uninstalled that ROM version pretty quickly anyway. I also still think Oreo 8.1 AEX v5.7 is the best ROM you can use in this device anyway, but given that overall I really dislike all newer smartphones due to super disproportionate screen aspect ratios (I use landscape 99% of the time), ultra-high screen to body ratios which I simply dislike and have resulted in every manufacturer dismissing the presence of a super-practical navigation button and sensor like the one which the Zuk Z2 Pro has; aaand, well, the outright retarded HUGENESS of the majority of newer devices, I seriously think I'll keep my Zuk Z2 Pro for a few years more. I know how to replace batteries anyway, and I also know how to make them literally last for ages by limiting maximum amount of charge (65%) or voltage, esentially. Ultra-mega long life for the Zuk Z2 Pro! LoL! 🤣

Thanks a lot again master ROM creator Davide Della Maddalena! May the Light of True Source be with you, and may your life be prosperous and happy if so is your will! 🙏
Best regards and cheers everyone! 😇

Reactions: bluexp

Borg666

May 17, 2007
Xiaomi Mi 5
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
I think it's a personal discision wheather someone likes the general Android 12 behaviour or not, imho?

Which Developer options are you missing in particular? i tried some, they all worked well for me (9.1).
Regarding gestures I switched to an external App since 8.x, pretty satisfied with it's functionality:

Regarding spares battery, could you please recommend a specific battery type or any additional tools needed, e.g. from AliExpress?
Is the exchange process also suitable for beginners as well?

Cheers, Borg

Last edited:

Barkuti

Jul 22, 2006
Alhama de Murcia
To Borg666 and of course anyone interested. 👀

I remember not being able to switch any Bluetooth options in the first version of AEX 9.x, and there were other errors or mishaps.
¿Gestures? Don't make me laugh. I NEVER use screen gestures. My device navigation exclusively relies on the Zuk Z2 Pro hardware button, with carefully assigned taps, slides and button presses in Extensions -> System -> Buttons. I am a power user, and the way I use my device is radically different from most people. Whatever is pesky, annoying or limiting like the low battery warning or the dumbass high volume limit with periodic warning is blocked, disabled or removed from my system, without any qualms and including system apps if needed. For example the pesky and annoying Play Store remains slept in my system, and I only awake it strictly when required.
I love and use AEX v5.7 because of things like the grid view task switcher (aka “recents”), which is simply the way all Android task switchers should be, but unfortunately the stock task switcher or recents has been the absolutely retarded and useless gigantic card view since Lollipop (KitKat's one was great), as far as I know. And sorry, but they can stick such task switcher where the sun doesn't shines. Period.

I have extremely long experience buying all sorts of batteries in AliExpress, and there is a lot of bullshit so beware. Concerning batteries for the Zuk Z2 Pro or any smartphone, as a rule I stick with Nohon branded units (great quality, but overall more expensive) or original ones, which can be found for affordable money taking a good look. There are also a few other good quality and affordable battery brands, though.
To buy a battery, for a good and quick find knowing the battery code helps a lot. BL263 is the battery code for the Zuk Z2 Pro or Z2121.
I bought my Z2 Pro second hand by the end of April 2018. It came in pristine condition, albeit its original user gave its battery very poor care. I guess he kept the smartphone fully charged pretty often, which is a complete mistake. Keeping li-ion batteries at high or full states of charge (elevated voltages) quickly reduces their lifespan.
This is a great article about li-ion batteries: BU-808: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries @ Battery University. A little caveat, though. It is said that high depth of discharge negatively affects the lifespan of batteries, but at least with modern quality li-ion batteries I cannot agree. The article is rather old, bear in mind, battery technology has improved. However, “Table 4: Discharge cycles and capacity as a function of charge voltage limit” is very important, and in the paragraph just above it is said “In terms of longevity, the optimal charge voltage is 3.92V/cell”. Remember that this is for the usual 4.2V li-ion batteries, so 3.92V / 4.2V = 0.93̅ or 93.3̅% of maximum charge voltage. Nowaday's smartphone batteries are all high voltage types, and so you need to adjust the optimal charge voltage limit accordingly. The Zuk Z2 Pro's BL263 is a 4.4V battery; for this reason I charge up to 4107mV (93.3̅% of 4.4V) using Advanced Charging Controller (ACCA).
By the end of April 2019, a year later after I got my Z2 Pro, I bought a Nohon BL263 replacement battery and installed it. I charge it up to 65% (now with 4107mV absolute maximum voltage and reduced maximum current thanks to ACCA; I used Battery Charge Limit at first), discharge it to as low as needed, and my battery still has good health, although I will likely soon buy a new one. Just not now because I have many pending tasks… 😒
But since you asked for a battery replacement how-to and such, first I will say that a battery replacement for the Z2 Pro is not exactly the easiest. Don't be scared, though, it can be done. Just be careful and patient, careful, and patient… repeat as needed. Smartphones have delicate parts, and you don't want to ruin a part. If you do, you may have to wait some days or a few weeks for any damaged replacement parts, depending on where you buy them and shipping times.
I have the following value/price BL263 battery sales in my wishlist:
  1. New 100% NEW Battery for Lenovo Zuk BL263 Z2 PRO / BL255 Z1 / BL268 Z2 Z2131 Cell Phone Battery +Gift Tools+Stickers @ Battery experts store.
  2. 100% Original new For Lenovo 3100Mah BL263 Original Battery Replacement for Lenovo ZUK Z2 PRO Z2pro Smart Mobile Phone Battery.
Just choose the cheapest one to where you live. In my case it is the first one, and both are free shipping to where I live but I don't know if and how the shipping costs vary to where you are.
The tools in the kits are very basic, and the provided screwdrivers, although useable, usually suck so you will have to be careful, or buy something better.
YouTube is of help for battery replacement videos, although the Z2 Pro has always been scarce in this respect:
  1. Video is in spanish, but well done. Its duration is incorrectly reported (actual duration 16:21), seems like the uploader had some sort of problem. The use of a hairdrier is not strictly necessary if you go slow and with care. The first challenge is to stick the pick under the back cover, and the usual stock picks are not very sharp (more on this below).
  2. Another video.
  3. This is the only related video I found available back in 2019 when I replaced my battery. Low quality and in chinese, but I made my battery replacement with it. 😊
You may want to get the following additional parts:
  1. 21 in 1 Mobile Phone Repair Tools Kit Spudger Pry Opening Tool Screwdriver Set for iPhone X 8 7 6S 6 Plus 11 Pro XS Hand Tools Affordable basic tool set with quality parts.
  2. 30Pcs Ultra Thin Slim Plastic Guitar Picks for iPhone Pry Opening Tool Mobile Phone Laptop Repair Hand Tools Kit RXJB Standard guitar picks are thick and will give you a hard time tucking them in below the back cover; these are much better.
  3. 10pcs/Lot Black Plastic Spudger Opener Opening Repair Tools Anti-Skid Pry Nylon Hand Tool Kit for Mobile Phone/Tablet PC Repair Spudgers are very handy and useful, because their flat screwdriver end is very sharp and they can also be used to tuck in below covers and open all sorts of soft material case devices without damaging them. I have a bunch of 'em. 😉
  4. 2mm 3M Double Sided Adhesive Sticker Tape for iPhone / Samsung / HTC Mobile Phone Touch Panel Repair, Length: 50m You will need this thin double sided adhesive to re-glue the back cover after removal, as the stock adhesive will of course @#$%.
This should get you well covered. However, just in case I made a search for the back cover (I also may order one), and only found white :unsure: ones (the color I don't really care, but looks like there are less replacement parts for sale at this point). Here is a best price link: For Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro Back Battery Cover Rear Door Housing Case For5.0" Lenovo ZUK Z2 PRO Battery Cover Replacement Parts New back covers should come with pre-glued adhesive, but can't really say. Ask the seller.

I ended up writing a tutorial LoL! 😂
This information may serve for a dedicated thread. I'll see. 🧐

Cheers! 🙂

Last edited:

Borg666

May 17, 2007
Xiaomi Mi 5
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Hi Barkuti,
Thanks a lot for your extensive recommendations - a battery, tool set and some glue tape was ordered. Looking forward to get back on 100% battery capacity.

As my device isn't rooted, I was using "AccuBattery" for the past years, which does a pretty good job for nonroot Users:

Last edited:

Barkuti

Jul 22, 2006
Alhama de Murcia
Oh! I found a seller (just one!) which still sells the specific adhesive of the Z2 Pro back cover here. It's not cheap (I see it for $3.91 + $1.88 S&H), but I refuse to pay too much for the stuff I buy and I wouldn't buy such a thing. The adhesive requires careful placement, so better don't miss. And a full, new back cover (which comes with integrated adhesive) costs just a few bucks more ($9.04), so I would personally not buy the specific adhesives. With the double adhesive tape you can cut a few pieces of it with the right lenght, and place it in the desired spots of the back cover until they all are properly covered. If you miss a placement, you quickly remove the adhesive with a spudger and start over. Takes some more work time, but it'̀s a lot cheaper in raw material cost. And on top of this you will also keep a nice roll of thin double sided tape for other purposes.

Tad off-topic, but for example look at this seller advertisement. I see it asks $10.81 + $4.47 for 2 pieces of the smaller Z2 back cover adhesive. Even if it is 2 pcs, I call that a rip-off! 🤦 Can buy a Lenovo logo Z2 new back cover for $5.38! I've personally bought these back covers, and they look pretty good!

P.S.: I do not mean to be judgmental, but if at this point you don't think I deserve at least a “like!”, I'll have to say shame on you. 😂

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To Borg666 and of course anyone interested. 👀

I remember not being able to switch any Bluetooth options in the first version of AEX 9.x, and there were other errors or mishaps.
    ¿Gestures? Don't make me laugh. I NEVER use screen gestures. My device navigation exclusively relies on the Zuk Z2 Pro hardware button, with carefully assigned taps, slides and button presses in Extensions -> System -> Buttons. I am a power user, and the way I use my device is radically different from most people. Whatever is pesky, annoying or limiting like the low battery warning or the dumbass high volume limit with periodic warning is blocked, disabled or removed from my system, without any qualms and including system apps if needed. For example the pesky and annoying Play Store remains slept in my system, and I only awake it strictly when required.
    I love and use AEX v5.7 because of things like the grid view task switcher (aka “recents”), which is simply the way all Android task switchers should be, but unfortunately the stock task switcher or recents has been the absolutely retarded and useless gigantic card view since Lollipop (KitKat's one was great), as far as I know. And sorry, but they can stick such task switcher where the sun doesn't shines. Period.

I have extremely long experience buying all sorts of batteries in AliExpress, and there is a lot of bullshit so beware. Concerning batteries for the Zuk Z2 Pro or any smartphone, as a rule I stick with Nohon branded units (great quality, but overall more expensive) or original ones, which can be found for affordable money taking a good look. There are also a few other good quality and affordable battery brands, though.
    To buy a battery, for a good and quick find knowing the battery code helps a lot. BL263 is the battery code for the Zuk Z2 Pro or Z2121.
    I bought my Z2 Pro second hand by the end of April 2018. It came in pristine condition, albeit its original user gave its battery very poor care. I guess he kept the smartphone fully charged pretty often, which is a complete mistake. Keeping li-ion batteries at high or full states of charge (elevated voltages) quickly reduces their lifespan.
    This is a great article about li-ion batteries: BU-808: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries @ Battery University. A little caveat, though. It is said that high depth of discharge negatively affects the lifespan of batteries, but at least with modern quality li-ion batteries I cannot agree. The article is rather old, bear in mind, battery technology has improved. However, “Table 4: Discharge cycles and capacity as a function of charge voltage limit” is very important, and in the paragraph just above it is said “In terms of longevity, the optimal charge voltage is 3.92V/cell”. Remember that this is for the usual 4.2V li-ion batteries, so 3.92V / 4.2V = 0.93̅ or 93.3̅% of maximum charge voltage. Nowaday's smartphone batteries are all high voltage types, and so you need to adjust the optimal charge voltage limit accordingly. The Zuk Z2 Pro's BL263 is a 4.4V battery; for this reason I charge up to 4107mV (93.3̅% of 4.4V) using Advanced Charging Controller (ACCA).
    By the end of April 2019, a year later after I got my Z2 Pro, I bought a Nohon BL263 replacement battery and installed it. I charge it up to 65% (now with 4107mV absolute maximum voltage and reduced maximum current thanks to ACCA; I used Battery Charge Limit at first), discharge it to as low as needed, and my battery still has good health, although I will likely soon buy a new one. Just not now because I have many pending tasks… 😒
    But since you asked for a battery replacement how-to and such, first I will say that a battery replacement for the Z2 Pro is not exactly the easiest. Don't be scared, though, it can be done. Just be careful and patient, careful, and patient… repeat as needed. Smartphones have delicate parts, and you don't want to ruin a part. If you do, you may have to wait some days or a few weeks for any damaged replacement parts, depending on where you buy them and shipping times.
    I have the following value/price BL263 battery sales in my wishlist:
    1. New 100% NEW Battery for Lenovo Zuk BL263 Z2 PRO / BL255 Z1 / BL268 Z2 Z2131 Cell Phone Battery +Gift Tools+Stickers @ Battery experts store.
    2. 100% Original new For Lenovo 3100Mah BL263 Original Battery Replacement for Lenovo ZUK Z2 PRO Z2pro Smart Mobile Phone Battery.
    Just choose the cheapest one to where you live. In my case it is the first one, and both are free shipping to where I live but I don't know if and how the shipping costs vary to where you are.
    The tools in the kits are very basic, and the provided screwdrivers, although useable, usually suck so you will have to be careful, or buy something better.
    YouTube is of help for battery replacement videos, although the Z2 Pro has always been scarce in this respect:
    1. Video is in spanish, but well done. Its duration is incorrectly reported (actual duration 16:21), seems like the uploader had some sort of problem. The use of a hairdrier is not strictly necessary if you go slow and with care. The first challenge is to stick the pick under the back cover, and the usual stock picks are not very sharp (more on this below).
    2. Another video.
    3. This is the only related video I found available back in 2019 when I replaced my battery. Low quality and in chinese, but I made my battery replacement with it. 😊
    You may want to get the following additional parts:
    1. 21 in 1 Mobile Phone Repair Tools Kit Spudger Pry Opening Tool Screwdriver Set for iPhone X 8 7 6S 6 Plus 11 Pro XS Hand Tools Affordable basic tool set with quality parts.
    2. 30Pcs Ultra Thin Slim Plastic Guitar Picks for iPhone Pry Opening Tool Mobile Phone Laptop Repair Hand Tools Kit RXJB Standard guitar picks are thick and will give you a hard time tucking them in below the back cover; these are much better.
    3. 10pcs/Lot Black Plastic Spudger Opener Opening Repair Tools Anti-Skid Pry Nylon Hand Tool Kit for Mobile Phone/Tablet PC Repair Spudgers are very handy and useful, because their flat screwdriver end is very sharp and they can also be used to tuck in below covers and open all sorts of soft material case devices without damaging them. I have a bunch of 'em. 😉
    4. 2mm 3M Double Sided Adhesive Sticker Tape for iPhone / Samsung / HTC Mobile Phone Touch Panel Repair, Length: 50m You will need this thin double sided adhesive to re-glue the back cover after removal, as the stock adhesive will of course @#$%.
    This should get you well covered. However, just in case I made a search for the back cover (I also may order one), and only found white :unsure: ones (the color I don't really care, but looks like there are less replacement parts for sale at this point). Here is a best price link: For Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro Back Battery Cover Rear Door Housing Case For5.0" Lenovo ZUK Z2 PRO Battery Cover Replacement Parts New back covers should come with pre-glued adhesive, but can't really say. Ask the seller.

I ended up writing a tutorial LoL! 😂
    This information may serve for a dedicated thread. I'll see. 🧐

Cheers! 🙂
    Hey folks,

I created a mirror of most of the ROMs from aospextended.com, just in case they were taken down some day:

Find my collection of ROMs and some other stuff for z2_row at mega.nz:

Radio:
    Z2Pro_Radio_Modem_4.0.247_ST_Full.zip
    md5: 1295e6aa18c83db7199c5eff0e35d4d1

TWRP:
    twrp-3.6.2_9-0-z2_row.img
    md5: a63b8d3cc58fa31f7dcbe2ba0a1e464e

ROM:
    AospExtended-v9.0-z2_row-OFFICIAL-20220217-2122.zip
    md5: cf1e8a5da7681b03f72fbfaeee21be99

AospExtended-v9.1-z2_row-OFFICIAL-20220510-2026.zip
    md5: 8adeb5b551d2ec6493595a984b54aa96

Download @mega.nz:
    https://mega.nz/folder/kuQHnCQZ#P45mHHhmR8aJi2GGq3gwtQ
    Oh! I found a seller (just one!) which still sells the specific adhesive of the Z2 Pro back cover here. It's not cheap (I see it for $3.91 + $1.88 S&H), but I refuse to pay too much for the stuff I buy and I wouldn't buy such a thing. The adhesive requires careful placement, so better don't miss. And a full, new back cover (which comes with integrated adhesive) costs just a few bucks more ($9.04), so I would personally not buy the specific adhesives. With the double adhesive tape you can cut a few pieces of it with the right lenght, and place it in the desired spots of the back cover until they all are properly covered. If you miss a placement, you quickly remove the adhesive with a spudger and start over. Takes some more work time, but it'̀s a lot cheaper in raw material cost. And on top of this you will also keep a nice roll of thin double sided tape for other purposes.

Tad off-topic, but for example look at this seller advertisement. I see it asks $10.81 + $4.47 for 2 pieces of the smaller Z2 back cover adhesive. Even if it is 2 pcs, I call that a rip-off! 🤦 Can buy a Lenovo logo Z2 new back cover for $5.38! I've personally bought these back covers, and they look pretty good!

P.S.: I do not mean to be judgmental, but if at this point you don't think I deserve at least a “like!”, I'll have to say shame on you. 😂
    Hi Barkuti! My name is David and I live in Madrid.
    Sorry to bother you with this, but it seems you are quite an expert regarding this Zuk Z2 Pro.
    I've got a Zuk Z2 Pro with the original ENG/CHN ROM. The battery and the front camera need a replacement. I guess I'll buy the spare parts in Aliexpres using your information, and will look for a guy to do the work.
    As I do not want to change the phone just for the sake of it, can you address me a guide and download links on how to get Android 12 into this phone?
    Please let me know if you think another Android version will be more stable. I mainly use the phone to see videos & music & navigate.
    Again, sorry to bother you. My knowledge is close to nil in these matters!
    Best regards!
    Computer and device software went from decent and easy to customize and hack (in a good sense) back in the early days, to “outright retarded” in lots of ways in the present time. This means that it takes some time for me to customize my computer and smartphone, even if I start from some specifically customized operating system image or Android ROM, but it really pays off. Really.
    Things like news, propaganda, pesky mandatory
    system software or applications or even any sort of advertising just do not belong to my systems and get “arse kicked” in the best possible way. I also install the most powerful software I can find a use for, like for example Process Hacker in Windows.

How to get Android 12 for the Z2121? This thread is what you are looking for!!! Go to the opening post, and you will find enough information to start with there. But esentially, you'll have to download an Android 12 version of AEX here. For some reason I tried v9.0 in the past, and it totally sucked. Many developer options didn't work properly, even if it was "useable". I also found many glitches in the "extensions" menu section from settings. For me, even if the new AEX v9.1 may be a big improvement, it's just not worth it. Good old Oreo based AEX v5.7 is overall VASTLY SUPERIOR, and has a proper grid view task manager (recents). For this reason I stick with AEX v5.7, period (and I really mean AEX v5.7; AEX v5.8 introduced a bug in screen auto-rotation).

If you want a good battery replacement for the Z2 Pro, get a BL263 here or there. These sellers sell the right stuff. In this case I'd of course choose the cheapest option, but as a rule I always keep at least a couple valid options in my wishlist, just in case.
    Good idea! This ROM definietly deserve separate thread :
    Hi, I've never usencryption so unfortunatly I don't know how to help.