[ROM][Android 12][CHIME - POCO M3 / Redmi 9T / Redmi 9 Power / Redmi Note 9 4G] crDroid v8.11 [OFFICIAL][02.12.2022]

Search This thread

tablord

Mar 21, 2012
Big (OSS) update:

CLEAN FLASH MANDATORY, DO NOT USE OTA

Changelog:

- Switch to OSS and new codename (chime)
- Initial crDroid 8.8
- Updated to August 2022 security patches (android-12.1.0_r22)
- Launcher3: Added an option to customize blur radius
- Launcher3: Fix NPE for QuickStep hotseat prediction controller
- Launcher3: Introduce memory info in overview
- Launcher3: Added toggle for memory info view
- Launcher3: Added more transparency for recents overview
- Updated translations
Hey GtrCraft,
thanks for the update! It runs really smooth (y)

I have a couple of questions:
a) What does OSS in 'Big (OSS) update' stand for?

You don't mention it, but this v8.8 version has encryption disabled. This was already mentioned by Abhi_T here.
Just for the lolz I tried to encrypt in the settings which of course failed and let to a bootloop.

You are also the official crDroid maintainer for the Poco X3 (surya). In the Poco X3 thread you explicitly suggest users to "Flash Disable Force Encryption if you want to be decrypted".
So users have a choice to use encryption by default or disable it.

b) What is the reason for disabling forced encryption here?
c) Will you release a version with encryption enabled?

Regards and thanks,
tablord

Last edited:

kuro-001

Aug 29, 2022
Please be more detailed in your explanations. Which device are you using? Which exact version of FlameGApps and NikGApps did you flash etc.?

Wipe and format data. Flash the rom, then start the system and finish the setup configuration. Use the rom for at least a few minutes before you then reboot to recovery, flash gapps and then reboot system again.
okay

tohu

Jul 30, 2022
Trying to clean install from 8.7 – boot icon animation running forever.

Flashed: NO_OSS_VENDOR-MIUI.21.9.8_A11_MIGRATION-RW.zip, no success.

Flashed: frstprjkt.MIUIVendor.V12.5.3.0.RJFEUXM.CITRUS.11_0.zip, no success.

Sometimes plain install of crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220830-chime-v8.8.zip also forever booted, few times succeeded. Cannot discern why.

NiKGapps froze during setup.

Changed orangefox R. to TWRP-3.6.2_12-frstprjkt-juice-20220717-1952.img

Finally, for no apparant reason 8.8+FlameGapps booted. Simply tried to reflash MIUIVendor…zip before. Don’t know if twrp changed anything.

section_94

May 1, 2018
POCO M3
Trying to clean install from 8.7 – boot icon animation running forever.

Flashed: NO_OSS_VENDOR-MIUI.21.9.8_A11_MIGRATION-RW.zip, no success.

Flashed: frstprjkt.MIUIVendor.V12.5.3.0.RJFEUXM.CITRUS.11_0.zip, no success.

Sometimes plain install of crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220830-chime-v8.8.zip also forever booted, few times succeeded. Cannot discern why.

NiKGapps froze during setup.

Changed orangefox R. to TWRP-3.6.2_12-frstprjkt-juice-20220717-1952.img

Finally, for no apparant reason 8.8+FlameGapps booted. Simply tried to reflash MIUIVendor…zip before. Don’t know if twrp changed anything.
I have the same problem with clean installing 8.8 on Poco M3. It is stuck on the boot animation forever.
I did:
1) Boot in TWRP
2) Flash rom and reboot to recovery
3) Flash latest full FlameGapps for 12.1, factory reset + format data
4) Reboot to system

mp44christos

Aug 9, 2013
POCO M3
I had the same problems with infinite bootscreen when trying to install 8.8 on the M3 using Abhi_T instructions.

I don't know what fixed it. But I used Niks full canary build's LS. And before installing the Crdroid rom I installed NO_OSVENDOR-MIUI.21.7.28_A11_MIGRATION.zip (I had this laying around 1 year ago when I installed havocOS). The rest I did exactly as Abhi_Ts steps, and it worked.

So far, I can't say I am a fan of android 12, but it's a welcome aesthetic change.
For now, I had some system crashes, but that may be due to the phone installing things. Everything so far looks smooth and fast.
Cant comment of battery life just yet.

section_94

May 1, 2018
POCO M3
I just can't get it out of bootloop. I realized I wasn't installing magisk at first coz it looked optional to me as well (maybe point that out clearly in the OP next time coz people assume its only if you want root and I don't). But even with that bootloop continues. I flash this first (https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/citrus/stable/V12.5.7.0.RJFEUXM/)
and then ROM + Flamegapps for 12.1 + Magisk 25.2 and then factory reset + format data but nothing works. I tried all combinations I could think of like rebooting or not rebooting to recovery after rom flash, serial flashing everything in one go, trying with or without formating data and wiping, not flashing flamegapps at all to see if it boots without it.
Idk what else to do.

section_94

May 1, 2018
POCO M3
Finally I got it to boot (with 12.5.5 firmware) only to find out that the reason I was trying to make it work (long press split screen button shortcut) doesn't work. Other actions work-only split screen doesn't 😑. Also tried a 3rd party play store app for split screen shortcut and it says "failed to split screen" no matter what options I use. Any chance for a fix?
Also the Revolut app isn't compatible anymore at least in the latest version. Strangely other banking apps work. Can anyone confirm if Revolut was working on previous crdroid versions?

Last edited:

dots9

Sep 12, 2022
hello. Does anyone know what is this on my poco m3 ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-12-14-33-19-777_com.android.htmlviewer.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-12-14-33-19-777_com.android.htmlviewer.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
8.9 is here:

Changelog:
- Updated security patch level to 2022-09-05
- PixelPropsUtils: Update fingerprints to September 2022 release
- Switched to Anya kernel
- Added ability to resize QS & Statusbar Clock
- Dialer: Added toggle for post call snackbar
- Dialer: Move Sensor settings to Other settings
- Update statusbar burn-in protection shift base padding when orientation changed
- Added smart charging
- Added reset battery stats option
- Update Chromium Webview to 105.0.5195.68
- Some small dark mode fixes
- Updated translations

section_94

May 1, 2018
POCO M3
8.9 is here:

Changelog:
- Updated security patch level to 2022-09-05
- PixelPropsUtils: Update fingerprints to September 2022 release
- Switched to Anya kernel
- Added ability to resize QS & Statusbar Clock
- Dialer: Added toggle for post call snackbar
- Dialer: Move Sensor settings to Other settings
- Update statusbar burn-in protection shift base padding when orientation changed
- Added smart charging
- Added reset battery stats option
- Update Chromium Webview to 105.0.5195.68
- Some small dark mode fixes
- Updated translations
Could you replicate the split screen shortcut not working problem that I posted above? Any chance for a fix in the next update?

tohu

Jul 30, 2022
Crikey, what a mess this is.

Of course the update would toss itself into the endless boot animation s***show. After some mindless tryouts, found something that… works… to some degree.

1. NO_OSS_VENDOR-MIUI.21.9.8_A11_MIGRATION-RW.zip
2. crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220912-chime-v8.9.zip
3. NikGapps-basic-arm64-12-20220908-signed.zip (FlameGapps doesn’t work)
4. Mostly working, but play store says: wait for it… wait… wait… wait… you can wait as long as you like, I ain’t goin’ nowhere.

mp44christos

Aug 9, 2013
POCO M3
Crikey, what a mess this is.

Of course the update would toss itself into the endless boot animation s***show. After some mindless tryouts, found something that… works… to some degree.

1. NO_OSS_VENDOR-MIUI.21.9.8_A11_MIGRATION-RW.zip
2. crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220912-chime-v8.9.zip
3. NikGapps-basic-arm64-12-20220908-signed.zip (FlameGapps doesn’t work)
4. Mostly working, but play store says: wait for it… wait… wait… wait… you can wait as long as you like, I ain’t goin’ nowhere.
Try the 12.1 version of niks gapps. It might be called sl or 12l on the download page.

Last edited:

tohu

Jul 30, 2022
nikgapps.org cites the SL Version for Android 12L. Google says, 12L is a modified 12 for foldables and bigscreens. Is this marketing talk for Android 12.1?

I tried the SL Version: NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220908-signed.zip

Problem persists. After Waiting a long time, error message: play store offline

Tried: deleting cache, deleting files, reboot. W/o avail.

Also tried: deleting account and all play store data from phone. Afterwards play store hangs during setup (after questions as to: save data to google drive) with white blanc screen.

Last edited:

mp44christos

Aug 9, 2013
POCO M3
nikgapps.org cites the SL Version for Android 12L. Google says, 12L is a modified 12 for foldables and bigscreens. Is this marketing talk for Android 12.1?

I tried the SL Version: NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220908-signed.zip

Problem persists. After Waiting a long time, error message: play store offline

Tried: deleting cache, deleting files, reboot. W/o avail.

Also tried: deleting account and all play store data from phone. Afterwards play store hangs during setup (after questions as to: save data to google drive) with white blanc screen.
I used NikGapps-full-arm64-12.1-20220819-signed.zip
Maybe try to find that and try.

Last edited:

tohu

Jul 30, 2022
Thanks, but I’m trying to keep an updated system.

I suspect, there’s a playstore update lurking around somewhere. I cannot find it with twrp. Which OrangeFox R. can decrypt android12 on the m3?

MrPolobear

Jun 1, 2022
Redmi 9 Power
Flash Crdroid Using TWRP Recovery and NikGapps

I was able to flash latest crDroid 8.8 with latest TWRP recovery successfully. Listed all steps in details here for anyone who is stuck or wants steps written down.

Phone Used : Redmi 9 Power

Prerequisites:

1. Phone's bootloader should be Unlocked.
2. Charging level should be above 50%.
3. Should be on latest TWRP.
4. Copy all the required files and place it on the SD card on the phone.
5. Please take backup of all your data.

Files Used:

Custom ROM: crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220817-chime-v8.8
Gapps: NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220816-signed
Recovery: TWRP-3.6.2_12-frstprjkt-juice-20220717-1534

Steps:

1. Reboot to TWRP Recovery.
2. Go to Wipe --> Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, metadata, Data, Internal Storage. Swipe on Swipe to Wipe
3. Go to Wipe --> Format Data. Enter Yes and then select Tick/Ok.
4. Go to Wipe --> Swipe on Swipe to factory Reset.
5. Go to Reboot --> Click on Recovery.
6. Go to Install --> Select the Custom ROM . Swipe on Swipe to Confirm Flash.
7. Go to Reboot --> Click on Recovery.
8. Go to Install --> Select the Gapps Package. Swipe on Swipe to Confirm Flash. Click on Wipe Cache and dalvik.
9. Go to Reboot --> Click on Recovery.
10. Go to Reboot --> Click on System.

Allow some mins for the Custom ROM to be booted and there you go with the new Custom ROM booted and working on your phone.

Note: I didn't flash any Disable Force Encryption zip file.
When phone is booted up. Verify under Settings -> Security -> Encryption and credentials.
It shows as Phone not encrypted.
please provide me the link of custom recovery and also how to delete system partition

Lingatsu

Aug 29, 2022
OnePlus Nord CE 2
Hi, I currently have stock MIUI 12.5X. should I first install the old crDroid v7 juice version and after that the v8 chime version ? If no, how should I proceed please ? Is there a guide ? I checked the github but didn't find any guide. Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts