Hey GtrCraft,Big (OSS) update:
CLEAN FLASH MANDATORY, DO NOT USE OTA
- Switch to OSS and new codename (chime)
- Initial crDroid 8.8
- Updated to August 2022 security patches (android-12.1.0_r22)
- Launcher3: Added an option to customize blur radius
- Launcher3: Fix NPE for QuickStep hotseat prediction controller
- Launcher3: Introduce memory info in overview
- Launcher3: Added toggle for memory info view
- Launcher3: Added more transparency for recents overview
- Updated translations
thanks for the update! It runs really smooth
I have a couple of questions:
a) What does OSS in 'Big (OSS) update' stand for?
You don't mention it, but this v8.8 version has encryption disabled. This was already mentioned by Abhi_T here.
Just for the lolz I tried to encrypt in the settings which of course failed and let to a bootloop.
You are also the official crDroid maintainer for the Poco X3 (surya). In the Poco X3 thread you explicitly suggest users to "Flash Disable Force Encryption if you want to be decrypted".
So users have a choice to use encryption by default or disable it.
b) What is the reason for disabling forced encryption here?
c) Will you release a version with encryption enabled?
Regards and thanks,