[ROM][Android 12][CHIME - POCO M3 / Redmi 9T / Redmi 9 Power / Redmi Note 9 4G] crDroid v8.9 [OFFICIAL][12.09.2022]

Search This thread
Jan 21, 2016
I flashed the firmware provided without realizing it was only for POCO M3 on the download site, my device is Redmi 9T and now dead, is there anything at all I can do to fix this? :(

cajoala123

Jul 17, 2022
Guys my phone flashlight and the rear camera is broken after crdroid 8.7 update, the flashlight says that the camera is in use but its not and the other cameras including default just wont switch over to the rear camera, i am running Redmi 9T.
BTW the zip has logcat.txt
adb logcat | grep camera output:

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

tablord

Mar 21, 2012
AVOID BROKEN crDroid v8.7!
-> this one: crdroidandroid-12.1-20220715-juice-v8.7.zip

Guys my phone flashlight and the rear camera is broken after crdroid 8.7 update, the flashlight says that the camera is in use but its not and the other cameras including default just wont switch over to the rear camera, i am running Redmi 9T.

@GtrCraft
Unfortunately, I can confirm that v8.7 has the mentioned issues on Poco M3 also:
Stock Camera is crashing immediately, OpenCamera just uses the front camera as if there was not even a back camera.
Flashlight in quick settings says that it is used by camera and is not working at all.
Btw. v8.6 does not have any of these issues.

Really frustrating to see that images are being uploaded which obviously don't work properly! :mad:

Last edited:

helloagus

Feb 20, 2017
semarang
same here, also using redmi9t 6/128 after update rear camera broken. waiting for the fixes.

mkrb

Aug 8, 2017

On my Poco M3 all that works with 8.7. In contrast to your logcat output (3 camera devices) it detects 7 camera devices...

07-17 18:01:50.165 818 818 I LegacySupport: Registration complete for [email protected]::ICameraProvider/legacy/0.
07-17 18:01:50.167 1132 1341 I CameraProviderManager: Enumerating new camera device: [email protected]/legacy/0
07-17 18:01:50.168 1132 1341 I CameraProviderManager: Enumerating new camera device: [email protected]/legacy/1
07-17 18:01:50.170 1132 1341 I CameraProviderManager: Enumerating new camera device: [email protected]/legacy/2
07-17 18:01:50.172 1132 1341 I CameraProviderManager: Enumerating new camera device: [email protected]/legacy/3
07-17 18:01:50.173 1132 1341 I CameraProviderManager: Enumerating new camera device: [email protected]/legacy/4
07-17 18:01:50.175 1132 1341 I CameraProviderManager: Enumerating new camera device: [email protected]/legacy/5
07-17 18:01:50.176 1132 1341 I CameraProviderManager: Enumerating new camera device: [email protected]/legacy/6
07-17 18:01:50.178 1132 1341 I CameraProviderManager: Camera provider legacy/0 ready with 7 camera devices

RedmiTest899

Mar 9, 2022
same here, also using redmi9t 6/128 after update rear camera broken. waiting for the fixes.
I have just attempted an 8.6 Clean Install on my lime UFS 2.2 device and, after a Kernel, 8.7 Update and another Kernel Dirty Flashes, I am happy to report that my phone is in complete working order. No need to avoid it as previous posts suggested.

What recovery besides OrangeFox do you recommend?
Not sure about your device, but brigudav's TWRP 3.6.0 build works like a charm for lime.

On a side note, StormBreaker's new kernel release makes my device way more stable! No random freezes or shutdowns as when I was using OptimusDrunk (an update on this one would be nice too). Even D2TW works here!

Last edited:

albertgong

May 11, 2022
Is there a difference between the ROM from the official website and the one you can get OTA from inside the phone's settings?
I'm having some trouble with my Android and I'm looking to update the ROM in OrangeFox.

tablord

Mar 21, 2012
I have just attempted an 8.6 Clean Install on my lime UFS 2.2 device and, after a Kernel, 8.7 Update and another Kernel Dirty Flashes, I am happy to report that my phone is in complete working order. No need to avoid it as previous posts suggested.

On a side note, StormBreaker's new kernel release makes my device way more stable! No random freezes or shutdowns as when I was using OptimusDrunk (an update on this one would be nice too). Even D2TW works here!
Which StormBreaker kernel do you use? Can you refer me to that?

albertgong

May 11, 2022
There should not be a difference between the downloads from crdroid.net and OTA.

What problems do you have exactly? Please explain!
Ever since I had to turn off the phone a few days ago, my phone refuses to turn itself back on. The phone had 70% battery at that time and I left it off for just 2 hours. I didn't drop the phone since getting it, so a mechanical fault is very improbable.

After holding the power button periodically, hoping to make it boot to the system or at least to fastboot, I've decided to let the battery drain completely. After 2 days of waiting, I managed to make it boot to the system two times, but the problem persists after a manual restart, meaning that the phone turns itself off but won't turn itself on until its battery is drained gain.

Today I succeeded in making it to recovery and used the opportunity to update OrangeFox to the newest version shared on the crDroid Telegram group. The update was successful, but my problem still persists.

Now I'm waiting yet again for the battery to run out of juice and I hope to update the ROM the next time I make it to recovery, as I still have the April version running on the device atm. I complained about not being able to update the ROM through OTA and was too busy to search for an alternative solution to this. Now updating the ROM is my last hope, as I don't know what else I could to to remedy my situation.

PS: My phone is not rooted.

Last edited:

synoeaxda

May 27, 2022
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual
Couple of problems i faced in past few weeks on latest crdroid
before that i would like to tell that i'm not using magisk and my device is not rooted.
device : poco m3
recovery : orange fox official

~ multiple reboot per day
~ phones get switched off multiple times
~ SD card issue MAJOR (which made me text here) screenshot attached for more
~ encryption doesn't work
~ low quality pictures by default camera app
~ no option for firm touch or press the fingerprint to unlock it's annoying you put hand in pocket and it gets unlocked most of the times

Crdroid is much better than the original rom personally i recommend for Poco M3. Poco M3 comes with 15-20 bloatware which can't be removed or freezed. The AudioFx app is my favourite app in crdroid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-001213_Firefox.png
    Screenshot_20220724-001213_Firefox.png
    212.1 KB · Views: 32

synoeaxda

May 27, 2022
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual
Couple of problems i faced in past few weeks on latest crdroid
before that i would like to tell that i'm not using magisk and my device is not rooted.
device : poco m3
recovery : orange fox official

~ multiple reboot per day
~ phones get switched off multiple times
~ SD card issue MAJOR (which made me text here) screenshot attached for more
~ encryption doesn't work
~ low quality pictures by default camera app
~ no option for firm touch or press the fingerprint to unlock it's annoying you put hand in pocket and it gets unlocked most of the times

Crdroid is much better than the original rom personally i recommend for Poco M3. Poco M3 comes with 15-20 bloatware which can't be removed or freezed. The AudioFx app is my favourite app in crdroid.
i think the shutdown problem has something to do with 5g router i got recently i use libretorrent for torrenting and it just dies after few minutes of inactivity

cajoala123

Jul 17, 2022

Not sure about your device, but brigudav's TWRP 3.6.0 build works like a charm for lime.

Maybe its related to different Redmi 9T Models?
I think i have the UFS 2.1 version because i only have approximately only have ~4GB of RAM and ~64GB Internal Memory

mkrb

Aug 8, 2017
I don't know if I did something wrong, but the performance was bad, like, even *Minecraft* was lagging!! I installed the 8.7 version with the most recent FlameGapps.
Yes the Greenforce Kernel implemented seems to be a little bit sluggish (e.g. scrolling in PlayStore). And in seldom cases the fingerprint reader is not waking up my device, have to reboot then. But this is really a well patched current kernel. For security reasons a good thing.

But for speed and stability imho the StormBreaker kernel (see above) seems to be better, or I´m doing something wrong with the Greenforce...

Btw. Poco M3 4/64 early version with a display every kernel supports until now :cool:

Danish on XDA

Jan 21, 2022
POCO M3
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
Pre-installation:
FlameGapps
Magisk

First time installation:
  • Be sure to be on latest Android 11 or EU port for POCO M3
  • Boot into Orangefox
  • Flash rom and reboot to recovery
  • Flash Gapps, Magisk etc. and factory reset + format data
  • Reboot to system and profit

Update installation:
  • Boot into Orangefox and flash rom & gapps.
  • Reboot to system

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: prebuilt stock kernel

Download:
ROM
Changelog

Known issues:
- You tell me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net

crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Juice Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs
i m on pixelOS12.1 ..should i dirty flash or clean flash?and the data is encrypted

flashed it and now fixing bootloop D

Last edited by a moderator:

meds-hop

Dec 22, 2014
Yes the Greenforce Kernel implemented seems to be a little bit sluggish (e.g. scrolling in PlayStore). And in seldom cases the fingerprint reader is not waking up my device, have to reboot then. But this is really a well patched current kernel. For security reasons a good thing.

But for speed and stability imho the StormBreaker kernel (see above) seems to be better, or I´m doing something wrong with the Greenforce...

Btw. Poco M3 4/64 early version with a display every kernel supports until now :cool:
thanks guys, flashing stormbreaker kernel fix 8.7 issue, I was do clean install the latest crDroid 8.7 and found the camera and flashlight issues, then I try to flash stormbreaker kernel and the issues gone.

I am using POCO M3 4/64 too and this is my very first custom rom.

Top Liked Posts