[ROM][Android 13][CHIME - POCO M3 / Redmi 9T / Redmi 9 Power / Redmi Note 9 4G] crDroid v9.14 [EOL]

Search This thread

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
Big (OSS) update:

CLEAN FLASH MANDATORY, DO NOT USE OTA

Changelog:

- Switch to OSS and new codename (chime)
- Initial crDroid 8.8
- Updated to August 2022 security patches (android-12.1.0_r22)
- Launcher3: Added an option to customize blur radius
- Launcher3: Fix NPE for QuickStep hotseat prediction controller
- Launcher3: Introduce memory info in overview
- Launcher3: Added toggle for memory info view
- Launcher3: Added more transparency for recents overview
- Updated translations

Abhi_T

Apr 2, 2019
Flash Crdroid Using TWRP Recovery and NikGapps

I was able to flash latest crDroid 8.8 with latest TWRP recovery successfully. Listed all steps in details here for anyone who is stuck or wants steps written down.

Phone Used : Redmi 9 Power

Prerequisites:

1. Phone's bootloader should be Unlocked.
2. Charging level should be above 50%.
3. Should be on latest TWRP.
4. Copy all the required files and place it on the SD card on the phone.
5. Please take backup of all your data.

Files Used:

Custom ROM: crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220817-chime-v8.8
Gapps: NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220816-signed
Recovery: TWRP-3.6.2_12-frstprjkt-juice-20220717-1534

Steps:

1. Reboot to TWRP Recovery.
2. Go to Wipe --> Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, metadata, Data, Internal Storage. Swipe on Swipe to Wipe
3. Go to Wipe --> Format Data. Enter Yes and then select Tick/Ok.
4. Go to Wipe --> Swipe on Swipe to factory Reset.
5. Go to Reboot --> Click on Recovery.
6. Go to Install --> Select the Custom ROM . Swipe on Swipe to Confirm Flash.
7. Go to Reboot --> Click on Recovery.
8. Go to Install --> Select the Gapps Package. Swipe on Swipe to Confirm Flash. Click on Wipe Cache and dalvik.
9. Go to Reboot --> Click on Recovery.
10. Go to Reboot --> Click on System.

Allow some mins for the Custom ROM to be booted and there you go with the new Custom ROM booted and working on your phone.

Note: I didn't flash any Disable Force Encryption zip file.
When phone is booted up. Verify under Settings -> Security -> Encryption and credentials.
It shows as Phone not encrypted.

Abhi_T

Apr 2, 2019
Is Chime/juice no longer maintained? , from website android 12 page was removed
Please check above comments posted a few days back by the developer/maintainer.
new build is released and yes its maintained. name is changed to chime.

1661026697805.png

Reactions: carlos974

Yanko2

Oct 30, 2020
Querétaro
Flash Crdroid Using TWRP Recovery and NikGapps

I was able to flash latest crDroid 8.8 with latest TWRP recovery successfully. Listed all steps in details here for anyone who is stuck or wants steps written down.

Phone Used : Redmi 9 Power

Prerequisites:

1. Phone's bootloader should be Unlocked.
2. Charging level should be above 50%.
3. Should be on latest TWRP.
4. Copy all the required files and place it on the SD card on the phone.
5. Please take backup of all your data.

Files Used:

Custom ROM: crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220817-chime-v8.8
Gapps: NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220816-signed
Recovery: TWRP-3.6.2_12-frstprjkt-juice-20220717-1534

Steps:

1. Reboot to TWRP Recovery.
2. Go to Wipe --> Advanced Wipe. Select Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, metadata, Data, Internal Storage. Swipe on Swipe to Wipe
3. Go to Wipe --> Format Data. Enter Yes and then select Tick/Ok.
4. Go to Wipe --> Swipe on Swipe to factory Reset.
5. Go to Reboot --> Click on Recovery.
6. Go to Install --> Select the Custom ROM . Swipe on Swipe to Confirm Flash.
7. Go to Reboot --> Click on Recovery.
8. Go to Install --> Select the Gapps Package. Swipe on Swipe to Confirm Flash. Click on Wipe Cache and dalvik.
9. Go to Reboot --> Click on Recovery.
10. Go to Reboot --> Click on System.

Allow some mins for the Custom ROM to be booted and there you go with the new Custom ROM booted and working on your phone.

Note: I didn't flash any Disable Force Encryption zip file.
When phone is booted up. Verify under Settings -> Security -> Encryption and credentials.
It shows as Phone not encrypted.
I can't find that version of gapps anywhere, also I already tried with your instructions and those of the post in my m3 juice, it keeps getting stuck in the bootanimation of the rom, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or it's a rom error, but I already did root with magisk 23.0 and 25.2, also I already have twrp 3.6.2, I do the factory reset and nothing gets me out of the infinite boot animation. Could it be that I did not root before replace the stock rom for crdroid in recovery, i mean, I did root (for first time) after I was installing the gapps and then i did factory reset and reboot.

Abhi_T

Apr 2, 2019
I can't find that version of gapps anywhere, also I already tried with your instructions and those of the post in my m3 juice, it keeps getting stuck in the bootanimation of the rom, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or it's a rom error, but I already did root with magisk 23.0 and 25.2, also I already have twrp 3.6.2, I do the factory reset and nothing gets me out of the infinite boot animation. Could it be that I did not root before replace the stock rom for crdroid in recovery, i mean, I did root (for first time) after I was installing the gapps and then i did factory reset and reboot.
Please read the post with patience. This is the exact reason I wrote the steps in detail earlier. Answering your queries.

Link for version of Gapps used : https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Canary-Releases/NikGapps-SL/
Device used : Phone Used : Redmi 9 Power ( i clearly mentioned the device used by me was Redmi 9 Power, so for Poco M3 it should work too but there might be some additional steps, I cannot say with 100% certainty)
TWRP : Please check files used part , I have clearly mentioned the name and version of files used by me. You are using a different version of TWRP it seems.

Did you even follow the prerequisites?

I know it can be irritating, but do reach out to people on the Redmi9T/Pocom3 chime testing group and someone will definitely help out. @Yanko2

Yanko2

Oct 30, 2020
Querétaro
Please read the post with patience. This is the exact reason I wrote the steps in detail earlier. Answering your queries.

Link for version of Gapps used : https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Canary-Releases/NikGapps-SL/
Device used : Phone Used : Redmi 9 Power ( i clearly mentioned the device used by me was Redmi 9 Power, so for Poco M3 it should work too but there might be some additional steps, I cannot say with 100% certainty)
TWRP : Please check files used part , I have clearly mentioned the name and version of files used by me. You are using a different version of TWRP it seems.

I know it can be irritating, but do reach out to people on the Redmi9T/Pocom3 chime testing group and someone will definitely help out. @Yanko2
I'm using: TWRP-3.6.2_12-frstprjkt-juice-20220717-1952, and the rom file from this post, but when I finish installing the rom, at the end of the installation information list it says that the addon files from magisk were not found and says is necessary to reflash magisk, I flash it along with the gapps but when I restart the device it hangs on the crdroid boot animation

Yanko2

Oct 30, 2020
Querétaro

hello, FINALLY GET OUT OF THE STUCK, my problem was root (you have to root the stock rom before erasing everything with twrp) and twrp 3.6.2 apparently does not decrypt on android 11 so I had to use orange fox, first reinstall the stock rom and there I rooted with fastboot and then put the twrp to be able to flash the orange fox within twrp, once this was done I proceeded to follow the instructions in your comment above and finally came out of the boot animation . Thanks mate, now to enjoy.

microlag

Jan 26, 2022
POCO M3
hey everyone. i need some help.

i installed the latest version of CrDroid on my Poco M3 but i can't get out of the infinite logo animation.

1. wipe dalvik, cache and format data, flash vendor(Android 11), ROM, GApps.
2. wipe dalvik, cache and format data, flash ROM, GApps.
3. wipe dalvik, cache and format data, flash ROM.

i tried these three methods but it didn't work.

i don't wanna use root so that method above me is not preferable.

BTW, i use OrangeFox.

please help! i wanna use CrDroid ROM without root.

Yanko2

Oct 30, 2020
Querétaro
im sorry bro, the only way you success the bootanimation loop is apply root in the stock rom before you change to crdroid i tell you for my own experience

kuro-001

Aug 29, 2022
i had crdroid 8.6 and i tried to clean flash 8.8 but it didn't worked with flame gapps and if i only install crdroid it works just fine but it doesn't gonna have gms and playstore what should i do

tablord

Mar 21, 2012
i had crdroid 8.6 and i tried to clean flash 8.8 but it didn't worked with flame gapps and if i only install crdroid it works just fine but it doesn't gonna have gms and playstore what should i do
Did you flash flame gapps directly after clean flashing the v8.8 rom and before the first rom boot? If yes, maybe try booting the rom first and then reboot to recovery after a while and flash gapps then. If that does not help, maybe try using another gapps package.

tablord

Mar 21, 2012
im sorry bro, the only way you success the bootanimation loop is apply root in the stock rom before you change to crdroid i tell you for my own experience
That is not true, at least not for me. I never had a stock Android 11 rom on this device, let alone a rooted stock rom. Only used and tested several custom roms, some rooted, some not rooted.

After wiping and formatting data in TWRP v3.6.2 I had no issues flashing and booting the current crdroid v8.8 rom.

kuro-001

Aug 29, 2022
Did you flash flame gapps directly after clean flashing the v8.8 rom and before the first rom boot? If yes, maybe try booting the rom first and then reboot to recovery after a while and flash gapps then. If that does not help, maybe try using another gapps package.
I flashed the rom and then gapps and i tried nikgapps and it stuck at start configuration

tablord

Mar 21, 2012
I flashed the rom and then gapps and i tried nikgapps and it stuck at start configuration
Please be more detailed in your explanations. Which device are you using? Which exact version of FlameGApps and NikGApps did you flash etc.?

Wipe and format data. Flash the rom, then start the system and finish the setup configuration. Use the rom for at least a few minutes before you then reboot to recovery, flash gapps and then reboot system again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts