[ROM][Android 12][davinci/davinciin]Potato Open Sauce Project[OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

alrafiq

Dec 21, 2020
Hello there,

I'm considering moving to this from Arrow OS,
One major issue with Arrow OS is the updates, I always have to manually update [dirty flash / clean flash] when an update is out.

• What is the updates situation with this ROM?
  • What custom recovery works best with it?
  • How is your experience fellas?
  • Any bugs or instability I should be worried about?

Thank you!

alrafiq

Dec 21, 2020
Like any another ROM thread, no one replies.
It's really depressing, I really was excited to try this ROM and all I wanted was some clarifications, also, I wanted to verify the claims made on the website if they were true so I can make the shift, luckily, there is a Dev version of PE12 for Mi9T.
I have been using it and it's wonderful so far.

alrafiq

Dec 21, 2020
What do you mean by Dev version of PE12? /Link
Here it is, try it, it's really good.
devs just released their latest UNOFFICIAL update on telegram.

PixelExperience Davinci for Redmi K20/Mi 9T

Details:
• Version: 12.0
• Type: Stable
• Device: #K20

Notes:
* Dirty flash over previous A12
* Switching kernels is not advisable on this ROM as stuff on userspace are highly tied to the kernel and might break/cause increased drains if the kernel is changed.
* Check #firmware for the firmware requirements.

Changelog:

- February Security Patch
- User build instead of userdebug
- Signed build (banking apps should work now)
- Updated display and graphics libs to LA.UM.9.1.r1-11400.02-SMxxx0.QSSI12.0
- Upstream on kernel
- Various minor fixes and improvements

https://mirrors.baalajimaestro.me/mirrors/PixelExperience_davinci-12.0-20220227-1730-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Reactions: rms112

yaro666

Feb 16, 2008
Królewska Huta
No, if you have modified ROM, then you have to use magisk modules.

If the maintainer update and implement safety net features, it could have been safe and pass, but it's not maintained frequently

Antonnzr

Apr 30, 2012
Hello and thank you for the great ROM, it runs like a dream for now.
However I have encountered a battery drain issue, went to sleep and found that battery is draining pretty rapidly as though the phone is constantly awake.
Checked battery stats and under system theres something called WAKELOCK, with quite a lot of usage time.
Any idea if those are connected, and whether theres anything that can be done about the drain issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220429-160757_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20220429-160757_Lawnchair.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20220429-162427_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20220429-162427_Lawnchair.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 53

WizBennyBenn

Mar 25, 2020
Hello and thank you for the great ROM, it runs like a dream for now.
However I have encountered a battery drain issue, went to sleep and found that battery is draining pretty rapidly as though the phone is constantly awake.
Checked battery stats and under system theres something called WAKELOCK, with quite a lot of usage time.
Any idea if those are connected, and whether theres anything that can be done about the drain issue?
Wakelock is directly attached to android itself, wheter it affects or not is up to each device, having a wakelock baddly set could drive any device to forced reboots or crashes, so at my own experience with this ROM it has been awesome, some manual tuning sending to sleep each app that i do not need running on the background leaves me with nearly a day and a half of battery.
Is up to your own device usage, your apps installed and how it is handled by you.
Wakelock is a function from android if i recall correctly, a fine tuning of it takes time and some testing.

CustardNOM

May 5, 2012
for whatever reason i cannot for the life of me get adb sideload to work in twrp, it'll just hang on "starting adb sideload feature" forever. can't get it to work on 3.6.1_9-0 or any of the 5 or so other official twrp versions i've tried, and same result with the latest mauronofrio one. rom itself is installed, no issues i've encountered thus far, seems nice and smooth. if anybody could help with this issue i'm having i'd be extremely grateful - with encryption in android 12 not yet being supported i have no way to flash anything at all, and i need magisk to get gpay to work aaaaaaaaa

WizBennyBenn

Mar 25, 2020
for whatever reason i cannot for the life of me get adb sideload to work in twrp, it'll just hang on "starting adb sideload feature" forever. can't get it to work on 3.6.1_9-0 or any of the 5 or so other official twrp versions i've tried, and same result with the latest mauronofrio one. rom itself is installed, no issues i've encountered thus far, seems nice and smooth. if anybody could help with this issue i'm having i'd be extremely grateful - with encryption in android 12 not yet being supported i have no way to flash anything at all, and i need magisk to get gpay to work aaaaaaaaa
Orangefox recovery is excelent and the way to go if you plan using A12.

I'm using as a daily driver for almost 2 weeks now. I noticed that when the phone is lock touching the finger print scanner unintentionally turns on the screen. It's annoying when the phone is on the pocket. Maybe on the next update you can add pocket mode.Then when unlocking the phone using the PIN I wish you can make it Automatically unlocks after entering the correct PIN code without entering the enter button.In the status bar maybe you can add internet speed indicator.I also notice that the file system is encrypted.I don't have an option to enter my pin to decrypt it on TWRP, it goes straigt to the menu of TWRP .

.Other than that its very smooth. Battery life is much better than MIUI.Maybe you can make the ROM Google apps free so users can opt out if they want to install gapps , me personally I only use very minimal Gapps so I use Debloater to uninstall most of them..,

Other than its a Great ROM😃😃.
Thank You for this ROM.

FKamikaze1

Jul 3, 2022
Hello guys, i just installed the update 5.2.2 and now my device doesnt boot. It goes back to recovery every time. can you help me please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PotatoProject/manifest/frico-release/XDAThread/main.png[/IMG]

[CODE]#include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Now that I'm done saving my butt, let's proceed :D

about.png

Potato Open Sauce Project is a butter smooth Android aftermarket firmware.
    We handpicked the best features around and are adding our own sauce to it.
    Get ready to taste the unique features it brings with itself.
    We aim to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things
    the community is accustomed to.

Team Potato
    @Agent_fabulous
    @ZerNico
    @raj_jdja
    @ShreyanshLodha
    @ATechnoHazard
    @HrX
    @Sahil_Sonar

Design:
    @McAwesomePL
    Valvze
    Joshua Baldassarre

Got an issue or suggestion? Reach us at
    Telegram
    : https://telegram.me/SaucyPotatoesOfficial
    Mine support group on telegram: https://t.me/adidavinci1
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/PotatoAndroid

features.png

- Custom RGB/HSL/HSV accent picker for dark/light themes
    - Custom volume panels
    - Three mode Notch Handler (Notch-City)
    - Icon shapes and icon pack support
    - Lockscreen media art and media art blur level
    - Permission hub
    - Signature spoofing
    - QS panel tweaks
    - Various custom QS tiles
    - Custom clocks
    - Brightness slider tweaks
    - Doubletap/longpress power to toggle Flashlight
    - Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
    - Per app network isolation option
    - Google feed integration in launcher
    - Other miscellaneous tweaks

sources.png

POSP: PotatoProject
    POSP Device Sources: PotatoDevices
    POSP Code Review: Gerrit Code Review

install.png

Clean Install
    - Backup all your data (Important)
    - Wipe /system, /data and cache.
    - Flash the ROM + NikGApps (Download link below)
    - Reboot

Updates
    - Flash ROM
    - Reboot!

download.png

ROM: https://github.com/PotatoDevices/device_xiaomi_davinci/releases
    NikGApps: NikGApps

Credits
    - Google for AOSP
    - Team Potato
    - LineageOS
    - ArrowOS
    - OmniROM
    - AOSiP
    - And everyone else who helped out!
    Following with interest.
    Any detail on stability for everyday use?

Rom is stable. Fastest rom i try. GPS, call reception, Bluetooth all work well. The battery is phenomenal gives me around 9 hours SOT a little worse on standby than MIUI but you will get one day without any problem. Tiny annoyances as below:

• Fingerprint unlock in night mode is picky but work's ok without this yellow tint (normal mode).
    • I didn't get saftynet after install (CTS profile mismatch). Need to use MagiskHide
    • No face unlock
    • when the phone lock after some inactivity and Smart Lock is used you need to unlock it by pin, no option for fingerprint unlock. Not sure it's rom fault it's just weird and annoying
    • AOD use much more battery than in MIUI
    • need to install Gcam to unlock tele and wide camera
    • sound adjustment setting under sound give high battery drain and nothing else
    • google dictaphone app did not work. It's the only app that I use that doesn't work on this rom
    • the screen is to bright at the lowest setting. It's possible to use the accessibility feature to dim it further but it is annoying to use
    • automatic brightness is a little too erratic. Sometimes it goes a little up, after 2 sec a little down and repeats this in a loop.
    • cal quality is ok, sometimes I hear tiny bit of clipping but overall is very good
    • Fires - app form posp is only half baked
    • bad battery curve. From 100% to 90% goes in few minutes then it slows down
    • battery stats in settings resets randomly
    • song recognition on lockscreen doesn't work
    How about gps, bluetooth, android auto, call, mobile data? Everything works?
    All of this works without any issues so far.
    As always great adi delivers:love:
    POSP newbie here, some questions about this rom on banking app, ewallet apps and other DRM apps, does this Android 12 working fine with them? Anyone that installed and tested with those apps?

i can see the "similar threads" below for the UNOFFICIAL][ROM][10.0_r32 , that is have instruction on install magisk, but not this new Android 12 rom. Does the rom need magisk to hide those apps above? or the rom have built in feature to bypass phone unlock checks?