[ROM][Android 12][davinci/davinciin]Potato Open Sauce Project[OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Adi5

Aug 8, 2017
Malbork
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Hello guys, i just installed the update 5.2.2 and now my device doesnt boot. It goes back to recovery every time. can you help me please
Try clean flashing, if you came from another rom maybe you didnt do format data, if ur rom before used wrappedkey fbe then it is needed

Update works fine due i checked and it is booting on mine fine, that about it is booting to rec means something about encryption is wrong, maybe you used dfe which i dont support i dont know

FKamikaze1

Jul 3, 2022
Try clean flashing, if you came from another rom maybe you didnt do format data, if ur rom before used wrappedkey fbe then it is needed

Update works fine due i checked and it is booting on mine fine, that about it is booting to rec means something about encryption is wrong, maybe you used dfe which i dont support i dont know
No it's the same rom, i just installed the new update. What is dfe btw ? I dont remember what i did with the encryption. If i reinstall the previous version can it work again ?
edit : ok nevermind i did use dfe to flash the previous rom so i just need to reflash it right ?
edit 2 : problem solved by flashing "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.zip" and no need to format data :)

Last edited:

Adi5

Aug 8, 2017
Malbork
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
No it's the same rom, i just installed the new update. What is dfe btw ? I dont remember what i did with the encryption. If i reinstall the previous version can it work again ?
edit : ok nevermind i did use dfe to flash the previous rom so i just need to reflash it right ?
edit 2 : problem solved by flashing "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt.zip" and no need to format data :)
You shouldnt use anymore dfe, always causes issues as you can see, you flashed it before and now until you will format data you will need reflashing it anytime

K-sladek

Mar 26, 2018
Sadly, i'm not able to get through the initial setup. When connected to internet it says "couldn't connect" after a while. When offline, it's just loading forever.
(previous ROM is picsel experience, cache system data wiped, installed latest ROM and NikGapps, firmware is 12.1.4.0, TWRP is 3.4.0)

Hockawr

Oct 3, 2022
I am facing the exact same problem as K-sladek.
(I tried on multiple attempts, each time wiping cache system and data, installing the latest ROM and NikGapps, while being on firmware V12.1.1.0)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PotatoProject/manifest/frico-release/XDAThread/main.png[/IMG]

[CODE]#include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Now that I'm done saving my butt, let's proceed :D

about.png

Potato Open Sauce Project is a butter smooth Android aftermarket firmware.
    We handpicked the best features around and are adding our own sauce to it.
    Get ready to taste the unique features it brings with itself.
    We aim to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things
    the community is accustomed to.

Team Potato
    @Agent_fabulous
    @ZerNico
    @raj_jdja
    @ShreyanshLodha
    @ATechnoHazard
    @HrX
    @Sahil_Sonar

Design:
    @McAwesomePL
    Valvze
    Joshua Baldassarre

Got an issue or suggestion? Reach us at
    Telegram
    : https://telegram.me/SaucyPotatoesOfficial
    Mine support group on telegram: https://t.me/adidavinci1
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/PotatoAndroid

features.png

- Custom RGB/HSL/HSV accent picker for dark/light themes
    - Custom volume panels
    - Three mode Notch Handler (Notch-City)
    - Icon shapes and icon pack support
    - Lockscreen media art and media art blur level
    - Permission hub
    - Signature spoofing
    - QS panel tweaks
    - Various custom QS tiles
    - Custom clocks
    - Brightness slider tweaks
    - Doubletap/longpress power to toggle Flashlight
    - Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
    - Per app network isolation option
    - Google feed integration in launcher
    - Other miscellaneous tweaks

sources.png

POSP: PotatoProject
    POSP Device Sources: PotatoDevices
    POSP Code Review: Gerrit Code Review

install.png

Clean Install
    - Backup all your data (Important)
    - Wipe /system, /data and cache.
    - Flash the ROM + NikGApps (Download link below)
    - Reboot

Updates
    - Flash ROM
    - Reboot!

download.png

ROM: https://github.com/PotatoDevices/device_xiaomi_davinci/releases
    NikGApps: NikGApps

Credits
    - Google for AOSP
    - Team Potato
    - LineageOS
    - ArrowOS
    - OmniROM
    - AOSiP
    - And everyone else who helped out!
    Following with interest.
    Any detail on stability for everyday use?

Rom is stable. Fastest rom i try. GPS, call reception, Bluetooth all work well. The battery is phenomenal gives me around 9 hours SOT a little worse on standby than MIUI but you will get one day without any problem. Tiny annoyances as below:

• Fingerprint unlock in night mode is picky but work's ok without this yellow tint (normal mode).
    • I didn't get saftynet after install (CTS profile mismatch). Need to use MagiskHide
    • No face unlock
    • when the phone lock after some inactivity and Smart Lock is used you need to unlock it by pin, no option for fingerprint unlock. Not sure it's rom fault it's just weird and annoying
    • AOD use much more battery than in MIUI
    • need to install Gcam to unlock tele and wide camera
    • sound adjustment setting under sound give high battery drain and nothing else
    • google dictaphone app did not work. It's the only app that I use that doesn't work on this rom
    • the screen is to bright at the lowest setting. It's possible to use the accessibility feature to dim it further but it is annoying to use
    • automatic brightness is a little too erratic. Sometimes it goes a little up, after 2 sec a little down and repeats this in a loop.
    • cal quality is ok, sometimes I hear tiny bit of clipping but overall is very good
    • Fires - app form posp is only half baked
    • bad battery curve. From 100% to 90% goes in few minutes then it slows down
    • battery stats in settings resets randomly
    • song recognition on lockscreen doesn't work
    How about gps, bluetooth, android auto, call, mobile data? Everything works?
    All of this works without any issues so far.
    As always great adi delivers:love:
    POSP newbie here, some questions about this rom on banking app, ewallet apps and other DRM apps, does this Android 12 working fine with them? Anyone that installed and tested with those apps?

i can see the "similar threads" below for the UNOFFICIAL][ROM][10.0_r32 , that is have instruction on install magisk, but not this new Android 12 rom. Does the rom need magisk to hide those apps above? or the rom have built in feature to bypass phone unlock checks?