[ROM][ANDROID 12][One UI 4.1] NekkoOs v1.2 A71

Search This thread

N3KkoDark

Jan 14, 2022
Once you've got Android12 stock flashed (I used UK one, as the OP Hong Kong one mentioned is in Chinese when it goes to download mode!) and TWRP (use this one: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android-11-recovery-a715f-twrp-3-5-1-ianmacd.4248487/ not the one mentioned by the OP, that didn't load properly for me), then flash Nekkoos ROM.
It's very good, I flashed the basic one (no Samsung apps) with Magisk and everything is fine.
It DOES come with Gapps. The camera app is the original with a few extras, so Macro is still there.
Maybe slightly faster and smoother. But none of that Samaung junk!
The audio is good, I use my phone as my only HD audio player and it's very good quality.
It's very Vanilla, so you'll have to install a lot of apps like Maps, Gmail, etc.
Well done OP, an excellent and the best ROM so far for A71!
Thanks for your comments friends :) I am a simple noob, I will try to bring improvements in future releases, it is a pleasure that you liked my first project.

Marinewonder

Apr 2, 2020
Hello,

I'm very excited to try this ROM, but I'm at the very beginning, and I want to root the phone as well, SM-A715F, Android 11, with the U8 baseband.

1) Do I need to root the phone to install this ROM?
2) I saw Kun Benji mention he was on U8 and had no problems with this ROM, but not sure he's rooted.
3) If I don't need to root first, should I anyway, or does this ROM make it easier to root afterwards?
4) Do I need to install Android 12 in order to install this ROM, or can I install it over Android 11?

Thanks.

-MW

endor43

Jul 15, 2011
Hello,

I'm very excited to try this ROM, but I'm at the very beginning, and I want to root the phone as well, SM-A715F, Android 11, with the U8 baseband.

2) I saw Kun Benji mention he was on U8 and had no problems with this ROM, but not sure he's rooted.
3) If I don't need to root first, should I anyway, or does this ROM make it easier to root afterwards?
4) Do I need to install Android 12 in order to install this ROM, or can I install it over Android 11?

Thanks.

-MW
1. You need to install TWRP to install the rom Magisk (root) is optional
2. Not Sure, but the rom works with U8
3. Rooting is good if you want the control of an admin
4. Android 12

bickbick

Nov 17, 2016
BTW After flashing the latest Android 12 TGY (HK) Stock Rom from April 1 2022. I tried the v3.5.x TWRP linked in post #98. But that gives a bootloop in recovery. I reflashed the latest version (3.6) from Afaneh in Odin along with VB META and everything was fixed.

See below:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-unofficial-twrp-for-galaxy-a71-snapdragon.4350893/
Yes, I noticed this too. I used ianmacd TWRP:

endor43

Jul 15, 2011

bickbick

Nov 17, 2016
Hello,

Thanks.

-MW
Hi, I followed this course:
1. Unlock the bootloader (see Google for how-to).
2. Flash Android 12 with Odin found in the link. No need to flash OP's HongKong one. I flashed the UK (BTU) one and it's fine. Find your one here:
Let it boot normally, but no need to over setup as you will flash over it soon.
3. Install TWRP and the multidisabler with Odin (all files in the link) (see: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android-11-recovery-a715f-twrp-3-5-1-ianmacd.4248487/
4. I would flash Magisk at this stage (after TWRP is installed), as it's quite difficult to boot to TWRP with the phone buttons! Magisk has a boot menu so you can boot to TWRP (Recovery) easily.
5. In TWRP flash the OP's ROM (I flashed the basic one) and flash Magisk at the same time.

Reboot to System and wait for it to do it's stuff. The ROM includes Gapps, so you can install whatever apps you need after.

It's well worth the effort to get it going as this ROM is the best so far for A71....no Samsung bloat garbage!

Hexrion

May 24, 2022
Estou na custom rom ncx 3.1.2 Android 11, sem recursos para atualizar o firmware. Alguém fez flash dessa custom rom no twrp e teve algum problema?
E como devo proceder dentro do twrp, sabendo disso?
Obs primeira vez que troco a custom rom
já estou com acesso root, magisk e twrp

Last edited:

N3KkoDark

Jan 14, 2022
Por cierto, después de actualizar la última Stock Rom de Android 12 TGY (HK) del 1 de abril de 2022. Probé el TWRP v3.5.x vinculado en la publicación n.º 98. Pero eso da un bootloop en la recuperación. Volví a actualizar la última versión (3.6) de Afaneh en Odin junto con VB META y todo se solucionó.

Vea abajo:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-unofficial-twrp-for-galaxy-a71-snapdragon.4350893/

Esto tiene una rom personalizada ncx 3.1.2 Android 11, sem recursos para actualizar el firmware. Alguém fez flash dessa custom rom no twrp y teve algum problema?
E como devo proceder dentro do twrp, sabiendo disso?
Obs primeira vez que troco una rom personalizada
Only English

bickbick

Nov 17, 2016
Estou na custom rom ncx 3.1.2 Android 11, sem recursos para atualizar o firmware. Alguém fez flash dessa custom rom no twrp e teve algum problema?
E como devo proceder dentro do twrp, sabendo disso?
Obs primeira vez que troco a custom rom
Unfortunately, you will have to update the firmware first to Android 12.
Resources here: https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-A715F
In the future please post in English....Google Translate is not that bad😉

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Hey Endor,

By bootlop in recovery do you mean the TWRP logo flashes on and off? Can you share the actual steps you followed to fix this once you had that?

If you're in TRWP bootloop already, what's the next step, do you recover back to stock A12 and follow the link you shared and use TWRP-3.6.0?

I've tried this, but end up with the same TRWP bootloop.

Can you share what baseband you're using, U8 or newer/older? Not sure it matters, just grabbing at straws here.

-MW
    Hey, Yes exactly that.

I had flashed that 3.5x TWRP from post #98 and #112 and it caused this for me.

To exit that TWRP logo flashing loop. I held power key (or something like this) until it triggered an actual restart and then immediately held the VOL - and VOL + keys and plugged in the USB cable connected to PC to enter download mode.
    Timing is a bit finicky on it because it restarts so fast and will not fully power off in this loop. But i got it eventually.

After entering DL mode, I just directly odin flashed TWRP 3.6 and VBmeta again from my previous link. After this rebooting and entering recovery was able to proceed as normal.

Probably don't even need to flash VBmeta, and I did not reflash anything else.
    It was just the TWRP that wasn't good so i just flashed the new one to overwrite.

Baseband was from the newest HK stock Android 12 ROM from April I believe.

Good luck!
    Hola, si exactamente eso.

Había flasheado ese TWRP 3.5x de la publicación n. ° 98 y n. ° 112 y me causó esto.

Para salir de ese bucle de parpadeo del logotipo de TWRP. Mantuve presionada la tecla de encendido (o algo así) hasta que activó un reinicio real e inmediatamente mantuve presionadas las teclas VOL - y VOL + y conecté el cable USB conectado a la PC para ingresar al modo de descarga.
    El tiempo es un poco quisquilloso porque se reinicia muy rápido y no se apaga por completo en este ciclo. Pero finalmente lo conseguí.

Después de ingresar al modo DL, acabo de mostrar directamente a Odin TWRP 3.6 y VBmeta nuevamente desde mi enlace anterior. Después de esto, reiniciar e ingresar a la recuperación pudo continuar con normalidad.

Probablemente ni siquiera necesite flashear VBmeta, y no volví a flashear nada más.
    Era solo el TWRP que no era bueno, así que simplemente mostré el nuevo para sobrescribirlo.

La banda base era de la última ROM de Android 12 de HK stock de abril, creo.

¡Buena suerte!
    Your procedure is correct 😃
    When are you going to release the update?
    Today :)
    Well,

I tried this a few times. I am starting from a rooted stock A12.

The install of the custom v1.1 ROM goes through, the follow-up factory reset from TWRP gives four errors, failing to mount vendor, product, odm and preload. I also install magisk from here. No GAPPS, nothing else.

Boot into the ROM, everything flows smoothly, very peppy, and first thing I did was go through magisk to fully root the phone, which apparently succeded.

But I can't see my internal storage, can't install apps for this reason. Can only see SD card storage. From PC can also only see SD card.

Storage capacity is actually showing 5.6GB out of 8GB, when I try to enter there it looks like it's calculating usage by category, but it crashes after a few seconds.

When in recovery mode, I can see SD card and Internal storage, but internal storage looks encrypted, so yeah, I might not have done TWRP properly, it's hard to say now, but then again, rooted stock A12 and TWRP appear to be fine.

Not sure I wanna go through a third try at this unless someone can help me find a big fat smoking gun.

Peace

-MW

NekkoOs ROM ^_^

Screenshot_20220506-011349_Gallery.jpg

-It is a modification of the stock ROM, I removed all the junk and little used apps, added a few mods (Credits at the end) and optimized the device. The battery is really better than before as well as the response speed.

Note: The S version is a copy of the standard version, only the Samsung app is included.All other features apply to both versions.

Disclaimer
    #I am not responsible for broken devices or broken SD CARDS

#Do not claim for misuse of the tutorial, everything is tested and working 100%

#You will lose the warranty of your device

#Only use on SM-A71
    -Totally debloated(no Gapps and no Samsung App)Only Samsung App in version S
    -Dolby Atmos without headphones
    -Higher audio Quality(Disabled DRC,which deeply compresses audio)
    -Full Edge Lighting Enabled
    -HDR Efecct Support
    -Multi-user enabled (It is located in accounts and backup)
    -Better CPU processing
    -Better battery performance
    -Better use of ram and optimized for games
    -changed some system sounds
    -Custom backgrounds
    -Includes Via browser and YouTube Vanced
    -The Samsung account and its services are deleted (Available in version S)
    -Marketing Removed
    -Added app lock feature
    -Added csc features
    •Native call recorder
    •Data monitor
    •Ultra data saver enabled
    -Best displacement
    -Better audio for calls
    -Secure folder fixed in version S(only with the magisk module)
    -High performance mode enabled
    -Storage in Google Photo unlimited
    -Screenshot sound off
    -Removed samsung calendar app
    -Removed NFC function(You can add It manually "Root")
    -Removed software update settings section
    -Updated security patch
    -Other small bugs fixed
    -Added new modes: Pro Video
    -Extended pro (video) mode features: Histogram, Focus peaking, zoom, reset button, expanded shutter speed
    -Unlimited video file size
    -Switch camera (back/front) while recording (Bug: When switching, camera is upside down)
    -FullHD 60FPS recording
    -24FPS mode for 4K and FHD (Pro mode)
    -Second editing in Single Take
    -Custom resolutions in live focus
    -Beauty feature in live focus
    -Torch flash in live focus
    -Night mode zoom
    -More on the way...
    -Be Stock Android12 (if not Stock Android 12, please download firmware from SamMobile And use the Odin tool)
    -Flash the zip.
    -Format factory
    -Magisk(Optional) Link
    -Restart
    - :) I hope you like it
    If you want to use Secure Folder you must flash magisk and this module,until you can add it nativelyInfo: if you have problems performing these steps, I welcome you to the Telegram group where you will be kindly attended :)
    -Added app lock feature
    -Added csc features
    •Native call recorder
    •Data monitor
    •Ultra data saver enabled
    -Best displacement
    -Better audio for calls
    -Secure folder fixed in version S(only with the magisk module)
    -High performance mode enabled
    -Storage in Google Photo unlimited
    -Screenshot sound off
    -Removed samsung calendar app
    -Removed NFC function(You can add It manually )
    -Removed software update settings section
    -Updated security patch
    -Other small bugs fixed
    -Added camera privacy
    -fixed rom installation problem in TWRP
    -Fixed Secure Folder in Version S without Magisk module.
    BUGS: Bluetooth pairing is lost when restarting the device, use the magisk module to fix the error Comment #146
    -Android auto not working.

This is not a bug as such, but it is normal for your device to restart in the first 5 minutes of use, do not worry, it only happens that time and that's it

Join my little community!!

New installation method!!!!Flash the zip.don't unzip it.

Links:

No Samsung apps(Versión Lite):

NekkoOs v1.2
    Google Drive

With Samsung apps(Version S):

NekkoOs vS.1.2
    Google Drive

Running:
    face unlock✅
    Fingerprint reader✅
    camera+mods
    ✅

Red carpet:

To @ShaDisNX255 For your files and your patience :)
    @kirbyNx For teaching me something else 👏🏻
    @Kun Benji For accompanying me in the process and testing the modifications.
    @xS1lent For repair secure folder.
    @SkylinesHD

This is a customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM/mods not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM/ part of other ROM.

Captura de pantalla_20220422-012937_Inicio de una interfaz de usuario.jpg
    ¡Soy nuevo en estos repositorios, si hay algún error por favor notifíquenme!

Mod translation via GT: I'm new to these repositories, if there are any errors please notify me!
    Once you've got Android12 stock flashed (I used UK one, as the OP Hong Kong one mentioned is in Chinese when it goes to download mode!) and TWRP (use this one: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android-11-recovery-a715f-twrp-3-5-1-ianmacd.4248487/ not the one mentioned by the OP, that didn't load properly for me), then flash Nekkoos ROM.
    It's very good, I flashed the basic one (no Samsung apps) with Magisk and everything is fine.
    It DOES come with Gapps. The camera app is the original with a few extras, so Macro is still there.
    Maybe slightly faster and smoother. But none of that Samaung junk!
    The audio is good, I use my phone as my only HD audio player and it's very good quality.
    It's very Vanilla, so you'll have to install a lot of apps like Maps, Gmail, etc.
    Well done OP, an excellent and the best ROM so far for A71!
    Can anyone help me? I have twrp installed + stock android 12 but I dont know how to flash in super partition
    You start the Android normally, copy the img that is inside the zip to the phone storage, enter the TWRP, look for the first option, (Install)At the bottom right you touch Install image, look for the directory where the image is located, and touch it, check the SUPER box, AND SLIDE, then factory format
    Very very super rom ......he made newest something diffrent from all....ncx and Kirby I think very slow from nekko.....very gud nekko.....give me your paypal i donate u for this ......and always make like this .....when u make twrp for a71 .......i flash your rom....good work for me......and i wish one day u become super top member of xda ....thanks bro for rom......nekko.....