[ROM][Android 12][OnePlus 7 Pro][Guacamole] LineageOS v19.1 [16.03.2022] - Stable Release

Search This thread

rookey

Sep 5, 2009
Thank you! Is GCam included in the package, or is that a separate flash/download? Sorry for my ignorance, but I never heard of it.

That's a very good question, though I know better than to force the issue (it'll be done when it's done). I'm speculating that he might be waiting for OOS 12 for the 7 Pro to be released so that he has the most up to date binaries to work with... which is frustrating because OnePlus is taking its sweet-a** time to do so, to the point where I'm starting to wonder if it'll even happen at all. 😢

Reactions: ferivon

skythian

Nov 22, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
That's a very good question, though I know better than to force the issue (it'll be done when it's done). I'm speculating that he might be waiting for OOS 12 for the 7 Pro to be released so that he has the most up to date binaries to work with... which is frustrating because OnePlus is taking its sweet-a** time to do so, to the point where I'm starting to wonder if it'll even happen at all. 😢
Most of the required repos are already set to 19.1 as a default now. It's pretty easily buildable yourself.

Here's my most recent build. I can start uploading weekly's if people are interested.

lineage-19.1-20220626-UNOFFICIAL-guacamole.zip

I've tested this build and it works great. Follow directions in OP to dirty update (namely flashing Gapps after flashing the ROM). Stay away from Gapps packages that include Pixel Launcher, as it is borked right now. Or just modify the config in the package to manually skip it. In general, gapps packages are really finicky for A12. I've tested this particular Gapps zip (and have manually removed Pixel Launcher) and it works:

NikGapps-full-arm64-12-20220222-signed.zip

You will lose Magisk if you do a dirty update. Reflash the most recent magisk boot image (link in OP) to regain root.

Obviously backup your phone and use my builds at your own risk.

ele95

Mar 15, 2016
Sarajevo
Most of the required repos are already set to 19.1 as a default now. It's pretty easily buildable yourself.

Here's my most recent build. I can start uploading weekly's if people are interested.

I've tested this build and it works great. Follow directions in OP to dirty update (namely flashing Gapps after flashing the ROM). Stay away from Gapps packages that include Pixel Launcher, as it is borked right now. Or just modify the config in the package to manually skip it. In general, gapps packages are really finicky for A12. I've tested this particular Gapps zip (and have manually removed Pixel Launcher) and it works:

You will lose Magisk if you do a dirty update. Reflash the most recent magisk boot image (link in OP) to regain root.

thanks for the build im downlloading rn , will you build or update weekly

NighthawkXL

Mar 4, 2013
Florida

So far so good. I'd be down for having weekly builds of 19.1, as it appears the OP hasn't logged into XDA since April, and the original build is from March. I had actually tried to build it myself a week or two back to no success. Glad someone else was successful. If you go this route you may wish to make your own thread as not to hijack this one.

Hopefully we'll get Official status at some point. Thanks for the build.

Cheers.

Reactions: ele95

skythian

Nov 22, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
I've tried to adb siedload your lineageos19.1.zip, but I always get this error:
E: Package is for product OnePlus7Pro but expected guacamole.

My Recovery Version is the most recent: crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220626-guacamole-v8.6.

Can anyone help me?
Open this file in the ROM zip:
Code:
META-INF/com/android/metadata

Change the last value
Code:
pre-device
from OnePlus7Pro to guacamole

Reactions: ChewyLouis

skythian

Nov 22, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
So far so good. I'd be down for having weekly builds of 19.1, as it appears the OP hasn't logged into XDA since April, and the original build is from March. I had actually tried to build it myself a week or two back to no success. Glad someone else was successful. If you go this route you may wish to make your own thread as not to hijack this one.

Hopefully we'll get Official status at some point. Thanks for the build.

Cheers.
Good point. Please use this thread going forward if you have questions about any of my builds: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...neageos-v19-1-20220626.4463369/#post-87093271

Reactions: ele95

ferivon

Dec 16, 2013
I spontaneously bought a 1+7pro today and was really disappointed to see lack of official LOS 19 support. Then I read your post and got even more disappointed... But then I found that OnePlus literally today released a first OOS 12 image for guacamole in their community forums: https://community.oneplus.com/wap/thread?id=1100281717593735176
Can we roughly estimate from experience how long it might take now until guacanole will get official LOS 19.1 builds?

I spontaneously bought a 1+7pro today and was really disappointed to see lack of official LOS 19 support. Then I read your post and got even more disappointed... But then I found that OnePlus literally today released a first OOS 12 image for guacamole in their community forums: https://community.oneplus.com/wap/thread?id=1100281717593735176
Can we roughly estimate from experience how long it might take now until guacanole will get official LOS 19.1 builds?
No clue, but the fact that they did release an open beta of OOS 12 (India only, alas) is definitely good news. I suspect it won't be too much longer before it goes official, but we'll still have to wait for them to release OOS 12 kernel sources (OnePlus has not been great about that lately).

I wouldn't worry too much, though. LineageOS 18.1 is still being maintained and, more importantly, is still getting monthly security updates, and after working with LOS 19.1, I can say with reasonable certainty that you really shouldn't stress about moving to it right away. (The biggest disappointment is that you can't turn off or tweak the Monet theming engine, and since the ability to select your own accent color was removed, you're stuck with whatever color it picks from your wallpaper.)

Reactions: ferivon

kpmohamedhussain

Mar 8, 2015
Can someone tell me the steps to upgrade from this build to the latest los 19.1 build...

I tried many times and it failed to boot. Kindly help

-=Guybrush=-

Jan 15, 2012
Hello to everyone! :) It has already been discussed in the posts before and after this one but no solution was found.
I've also found this guide explaining how to port guacamole roms to guacamoleg but I'm not that much confident about it.
Is there any hope for users like me stuck on official A10 OOS or are GSIs the only path to follow as adviced here (not that much confident about what's said there either)?
I'm looking forward to an opinion by someone, especially the maintainer.
Thanks in advance! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    download.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:

• Download recovery (download - for clean flash, don't use magisk patched boot.img). This is crDroid Recovery, and it worked for me.
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash the boot.img in fastboot
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install
    • lineage-19.1-20220316-UNOFFICIAL-guacamole.zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220316-UNOFFICIAL-guacamole.zip
    Update installation:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Now install LineageOS-19.1 zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot.

Sources:
    ROM: Google Drive

What works:
    1. RIL
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Wifi
    4. FOD
    5. Camera

What doesn't works: Nothing 😎

Known Issues:
    None now. Please share in the comments.

Android Version.png

Homescreen.png

Status Bar.png

Camera-min.png
    Settings.png

View attachment 5562765

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:

• Download recovery (download - for clean flash, don't use magisk patched boot.img). This is crDroid Recovery, and it worked for me.
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash the boot.img in fastboot
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Now install
    • lineage-19.1-20220316-UNOFFICIAL-guacamole.zip via sideload
    • Code:
    Update installation:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Now install LineageOS-19.1 zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot.

Sources:
    ROM: Google Drive

What works:
    1. RIL
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Wifi
    4. FOD
    5. Camera

What doesn't works: Nothing 😎

Known Issues:
    None now. Please share in the comments.

View attachment 5562801

View attachment 5562803
    View attachment 5562805
    View attachment 5562809View attachment 5562811
    Do you have a particular gapps that would work, tried nikgapps and mindthegapps both failed . Or it could be just my phone too, Thanks
    Hell yeah! I was able to extract the boot.img from the rom and flash it and use to sideload and worked fine for me. Glad to see a LOS19 build here!! :)

I normally use open gapps and i tried using a few older packages and didn't work. I'll go after a few more and try if i cant find anythingt that works ill try and make some work and report back later.
    No clue, but the fact that they did release an open beta of OOS 12 (India only, alas) is definitely good news. I suspect it won't be too much longer before it goes official, but we'll still have to wait for them to release OOS 12 kernel sources (OnePlus has not been great about that lately).

I wouldn't worry too much, though. LineageOS 18.1 is still being maintained and, more importantly, is still getting monthly security updates, and after working with LOS 19.1, I can say with reasonable certainty that you really shouldn't stress about moving to it right away. (The biggest disappointment is that you can't turn off or tweak the Monet theming engine, and since the ability to select your own accent color was removed, you're stuck with whatever color it picks from your wallpaper.)