[ROM][Android 12][OnePlus 7 Pro][Guacamole] LineageOS v19.1 [16.03.2022] - Stable Release

Search This thread

7rst1

Oct 6, 2020
Nice work! I really want to try it out.
Has anyone tested if Google Pay NFC works? Also, does Safety Net pass?

rookey

Sep 5, 2009
Great to see this!
Just 2 questions:

• does this ROM support the wide angle camera feature that the Stock camera app does? It's awesome, I wouldn't want to miss that to be honest...
  • instead of a standard gapps package, could I use this with MicroG?
EDIT:
Camera is very basic, and unfortunately doesn't support the OnePlus 7 Pro camera "frog eye" feature, that would have been the killer app! ;)
MicroG seems to work (I've installed it separately), I'll test that further

Last edited:

erhimanshu4

May 6, 2022
So after some more time with this setup, I've found that Android Auto is broken and the Google now home screen won't open links on Rootless pixel launcher. Going to experiment with a different Gapps tomorrow.

EDIT: Android Auto is working fine now. Used NikGapps core, flashed the AA add-on, and had to manually enable permissions in AA app settings after attempting initial setup. Before that it just "disconnected" repeatedly from the car.

Google Now home screen link issues seems to be an A12 problem. I switched back to Trebuchet (which is actually a pretty decent launcher) enabled Google Feed there, and everything works fine.

Only outstanding issue is that the alert slider does not seem to work. Not a giant deal to me.

Nice job on this rom. I'm not a big fan of the A12 design choices, but that's not OP's fault. :D
can you share link of AA addon you flashed ??

ChewyLouis

May 16, 2021
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey guys,
I have a problem dirty flashing LineageOS 19.1.
Currently, I am running LineageOS 18.1.

I went through the following steps:
  1. Fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img
  2. Boot into recovery, enable adb, adb apply and adb sideload LineageOS 19.1
  3. Reboot system (also tried to install gapps, but had the same result).
When rebooting the system i get a bootloop and the option to factory reset. But I can switch to the inactive slot and boot into lineageos 18.1.

I really don't want to factory reset my phone. Any ideas why I'm getting the bootloop?

Edit: It looks like Lineageos 19.1 is installed on slot A. But the Phone reboots after the bootloader unlock screen.

Last edited:

iamMG

Jun 12, 2012
New Delhi
OnePlus 7 Pro
I am on OOS 11.0.6.1 with TWRP and was thinking about switching to this ROM. My queries are as follows. I hope someone can clarify them.
1. Is crDroid recovery necessary? Can't just TWRP suffice?
2. If I am dissatisfied with LineageOS, can I go back to OOS using the ROM backup that I created in TWRP? If yes, then what other factors should I take care of?

SebastianWijatyk

Aug 10, 2014
Hey guys,
I have a problem dirty flashing LineageOS 19.1.
Currently, I am running LineageOS 18.1.

I went through the following steps:
  1. Fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img
  2. Boot into recovery, enable adb, adb apply and adb sideload LineageOS 19.1
  3. Reboot system (also tried to install gapps, but had the same result).
When rebooting the system i get a bootloop and the option to factory reset. But I can switch to the inactive slot and boot into lineageos 18.1.

I really don't want to factory reset my phone. Any ideas why I'm getting the bootloop?

Edit: It looks like Lineageos 19.1 is installed on slot A. But the Phone reboots after the bootloader unlock screen.
I had the same as if the slot _a was damaged and could not be read.
You can check what slot you currently have with this command
fastboot getvar current-slot
for me, the problem with bootloop - fastboot was only solved when I switched the slot to _B
fastboot --set_active=b
But Slot _A never working good,
The problem with the slot _A was only solved when I flashed the msm tool again
Then reinstall android 12 and slot and it works fine from now on.

Reactions: ChewyLouis

ChewyLouis

May 16, 2021
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thank you very much. Switching the Slot worked for me :)
Does anyone know where if OTA updates are possible with this rom version or where i can find information about this? And when could i exspect the next OTA update? On lineageos 18 i got an update every week.

rookey

Sep 5, 2009
Does anyone know of a Google-free ROM based on Android 12 - but also with wide-angle support for the camera?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    download.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:

• Download recovery (download - for clean flash, don't use magisk patched boot.img). This is crDroid Recovery, and it worked for me.
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash the boot.img in fastboot
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install
    • lineage-19.1-20220316-UNOFFICIAL-guacamole.zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220316-UNOFFICIAL-guacamole.zip
    Update installation:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Now install LineageOS-19.1 zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot.

Sources:
    ROM: Google Drive

What works:
    1. RIL
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Wifi
    4. FOD
    5. Camera

What doesn't works: Nothing 😎

Known Issues:
    None now. Please share in the comments.

Android Version.png

Homescreen.png

Status Bar.png

Camera-min.png
    Settings.png
    That's a very good question, though I know better than to force the issue (it'll be done when it's done). I'm speculating that he might be waiting for OOS 12 for the 7 Pro to be released so that he has the most up to date binaries to work with... which is frustrating because OnePlus is taking its sweet-a** time to do so, to the point where I'm starting to wonder if it'll even happen at all. 😢
    Most of the required repos are already set to 19.1 as a default now. It's pretty easily buildable yourself.

Here's my most recent build. I can start uploading weekly's if people are interested.

lineage-19.1-20220626-UNOFFICIAL-guacamole.zip

I've tested this build and it works great. Follow directions in OP to dirty update (namely flashing Gapps after flashing the ROM). Stay away from Gapps packages that include Pixel Launcher, as it is borked right now. Or just modify the config in the package to manually skip it. In general, gapps packages are really finicky for A12. I've tested this particular Gapps zip (and have manually removed Pixel Launcher) and it works:

NikGapps-full-arm64-12-20220222-signed.zip

You will lose Magisk if you do a dirty update. Reflash the most recent magisk boot image (link in OP) to regain root.

Obviously backup your phone and use my builds at your own risk.
    View attachment 5562765

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:

• Download recovery (download - for clean flash, don't use magisk patched boot.img). This is crDroid Recovery, and it worked for me.
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash the boot.img in fastboot
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Now install
    • lineage-19.1-20220316-UNOFFICIAL-guacamole.zip via sideload
    • Code:
    Update installation:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Now install LineageOS-19.1 zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot.

Sources:
    ROM: Google Drive

What works:
    1. RIL
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Wifi
    4. FOD
    5. Camera

What doesn't works: Nothing 😎

Known Issues:
    None now. Please share in the comments.

View attachment 5562801

View attachment 5562803
    View attachment 5562805
    View attachment 5562809View attachment 5562811
    Do you have a particular gapps that would work, tried nikgapps and mindthegapps both failed . Or it could be just my phone too, Thanks
    Hell yeah! I was able to extract the boot.img from the rom and flash it and use to sideload and worked fine for me. Glad to see a LOS19 build here!! :)

I normally use open gapps and i tried using a few older packages and didn't work. I'll go after a few more and try if i cant find anythingt that works ill try and make some work and report back later.
    I flashed the official LineageOS lineage-19.1-20221106-nightly-guacamole-signed.zip on my phone with adb sideload using lineage-19.1-20221106-recovery-guacamole.img as my recovery.

I installed Magisk by extracting the boot.img from payload.bin and patching it, and everything worked fine.

I then flashed NikGapps-core-arm64-13-20220908-signed.zip via adb sideload which has gms core crashing automatically and Google Play Store automatically crashes.

Did I do something wrong, or is LineageOS 19.1 simply too new to be usable for GApps?

I'd love any insight on this, cheers.

edit: Well, I think I just realized I tried installing NikGapps-core-arm64-13 which is probably for Android 13? That would explain it not working lol

edit 2: Yep, it works now, installing the right version is important lol