• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [Android 12] [taimen] ArrowOS 12.0 | OFFICIAL

Search This thread

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
1st boot also taking a very long time - maybe 45 min so far? How much is too much, and then what to do?
EDIT: I've interrupted and am booting again...

Last edited:

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
@ReallySnow I tried flashing the new TWRP 3.6.0 for Taimen. From the information in the changelog, I thought it would be able to decrypt my data in Arrow A12.

But although the flash from my USB dongle was successful the new TWRP did not decrypt my data. Nor did it ask for my pin or password. Also tried flashing TWRP with my Pattern disabled, with same result.

Any idea of how to get it to work properly? Thanks 😊

Last edited:

Magnetox

Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Google Pixel 2 XL
@ReallySnow I tried flashing the new TWRP 3.6.0 for Taimen. From the information in the changelog, I thought it would be able to decrypt my data in Arrow A12.

But although the flash from my USB dongle was successful the new TWRP did not decrypt my data. Nor did it ask for my pin or password. Also tried flashing TWRP with my Pattern disabled, with same result.

Any idea of how to get it to work properly? Thanks 😊
Try fastboot boot twrp.img first then flash the 3.6.0 zip

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
There are 2 ways:
1. Go back to A11 stock. Factory wipe data in TWRP. Then flash A12 Arrow zip file in TWRP, or sideload it.
2. Format user data in TWRP or adb/fastboot and then flash Arrow A12 zip in TWRP or ssideload Arrow A12.

In either case if you want to keep your data encrypted, download or move your files to a USB dongle and flash from storage in TWRP.

Dottorfox

Aug 25, 2015
Rome
Google Pixel 2 XL
First of all I ask those who always ask the same questions, to read the threads in their entirety and then ask.
Second thing, after having shot all the Android 12 roms, this is by posting the best, especially fluidity and battery.

finally: after installing pixifierv4 I have lost the safetynet pass, by removing the module everything returns to normal. What can I do to have both? Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear ReallySnow,

I have been following your work on ARROW OS for a while now and I appreciate the fact that you have made it available on
    Pixel 2 XL (which I own).
    I have started working on AOSP for my device and have successfully built Android 11 for my device but I am having some issues making it work with Android 12. It would really mean a lot if you could help me out.
    I have fixed compatibility matrix and selinux rules but sometimes during bootanimation the device reboots, and since ADB has not started yet, I don't know how to debug my device. Can you please give me advice on how to fix this problem, or where to look in the source in order to identify the problem.
    For some reason, my phone says rapidly charging but takes well over 5 hours to charge... This is with the same charger and cable I was using before that would charge in under an hour and a half
    Overall great and stable rom but one major issue. It takes forever to charge. It showed me it will take 6 hours to charge fully. I tested and it increased 1-2% in 1/2 hour.
    I had to switch back to stock rom because of this.
    Overall great and stable rom but one major issue. It takes forever to charge. It showed me it will take 6 hours to charge fully. I tested and it increased 1-2% in 1/2 hour.
    I had to switch back to stock rom because of this.
    Yeah it seems to drain more battery than stock but that is like 99% of custom roms on most phones.
    Yeah it seems to drain more battery than stock but that is like 99% of custom roms on most phones.
    Battery draining is not the issue. Battery usage is normal. Its the very slow charging which is the problem.
    And custom roms often fixes battery drain issue on many stock roms. You are wrong on that statement.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_google_wahoo
    Hey guys, I'm going to be working on an upstream 5.10 kernel for this rom. It will be offering lots of security and performance increases. Will update later today.
    @ coolsid8
    I realy would like to confirm that!
    A very stable, smooth, snappy and fluid ROM!
    Great work an BIG Thanks to ReallySnow!!
    If you would like to have root access and no encryption, you can go the way I take:
    - reboot > bootloader
    - boot to TWRP
    - wipe cache/system/data
    - flash Arrow-v12.0-taimen-....zip
    - reboot to bootloader
    - change active slot! (because it´s a sideload to the inactiv slot)
    - boot to TWRP again
    - flash magisk
    - flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip
    - format data !
    - now reboot to system ... and setup your new fresh android 12 system!

Together with the Magisk module Pixifier_v4 you have a nice connection to the Pixel 6
    @ coolsid8
    I realy would like to confirm that!
    A very stable, smooth, snappy and fluid ROM!
    Great work an BIG Thanks to ReallySnow!!
    If you would like to have root access and no encryption, you can go the way I take:
    - reboot > bootloader
    - boot to TWRP
    - wipe cache/system/data
    - flash Arrow-v12.0-taimen-....zip
    - reboot to bootloader
    - boot to TWRP again
    - flash magisk
    - flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip
    - format data !
    - now reboot to system ... and setup your new fresh android 12 system!

Together with the Magisk module Pixifier_v4 you have a nice connection to the Pixel 6

you might like to revise the lines:

- reboot to bootloader

to just

- reboot to bootloader

as someone might think they have to manually switch active slots, when merely rebooting to bootloader after flash does this for you - i think this is what you mean, but it may confuse people the way it is written :)

and also

- format data !

might better be changed to

- do a factory reset (simply swipe on Wipe screen in TWRP)

you do not need to format data

a factory reset after any ROM install is a good idea...unless dirty flashing of course!

also worth mentioning if you sideload (adb sideload Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip) Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip wont be able to read the zip filename to automatically set options, you'll need to use the volume keys to enable/disable features...safe to disable all options
    Has anyone changed from Linage to this ROM? Thoughts/advice?
    Yes I did. It seems to run better. I had some call issues on Lineage.