[ROM] [Android 12] [taimen] ArrowOS 12.0 | OFFICIAL

Search This thread

silvertrain78

May 31, 2014
Can anyone point me to basic installation guide?

I've read OP and the entire thread and if there is an accepted installation procedure I'm not finding it.

I have experience with fastboot, adb, TWRP, flashing ROMs, etc... But it's been a couple years.

I don't necessarily need root, and would like to keep encryption and banking app / Google Pay functionality.

I saw a post saying the zip can be flashed in TWRP or sideloaded, which I interpret to mean adb sideload, just like you would any stock OTA update package.

Really looking forward to taking A12 for a spin!

Please advise, and thanks in advance!

f_5_V_e_R

Feb 10, 2010
1st boot also taking a very long time - maybe 45 min so far? How much is too much, and then what to do?
EDIT: I've interrupted and am booting again...
mine is going 20 minutes so far and still not completed yet. since it's not restarting so i think it's not bootlooping.
how did yours go after interrupting? did you successfully boot? how much time did it take?

jonpjingleheimler

Aug 12, 2016
Nashville
Hi. It's great to have android 12 on my device and I appreciate it greatly. whenever I leave stock for a custom os I lose my ok Google when the screen is off. I have all the same settings as stock os and I still fail to raise the assistant is the screen is off. I tried googling the issue but it just mentions lock screen settings and checking to be sure ok Google is enabled. Any insight is appreciated, thanks again.

zard

Jul 19, 2005
@ReallySnow Thanks for the ROM, giving my Pixel 2XL a second life after Google abandoned us. I just got prompted this morning that there is a new update, and I had managed to downloaded the updated ROM and flashed it. Only wipe system and dalvic cache, done.

Thank you so much. I use this phone as my car navigation device, and it looks so pretty, so much better than my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G which is still on Android 11.

Code_z_

Feb 9, 2016
For some reason, my phone says rapidly charging but takes well over 5 hours to charge... This is with the same charger and cable I was using before that would charge in under an hour and a half

Reactions: shpegun

nasif_ahmed

Jul 13, 2016
Google Pixel 2 XL
Overall great and stable rom but one major issue. It takes forever to charge. It showed me it will take 6 hours to charge fully. I tested and it increased 1-2% in 1/2 hour.
I had to switch back to stock rom because of this.

Reactions: g000n

zard

Jul 19, 2005
@ReallySnow Thanks for the ROM, giving my Pixel 2XL a second life after Google abandoned us. I just got prompted this morning that there is a new update, and I had managed to downloaded the updated ROM and flashed it. Only wipe system and dalvic cache, done.

Thank you so much. I use this phone as my car navigation device, and it looks so pretty, so much better than my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G which is still on Android 11.
Spotify keeps FC for me. I even tried clearing cache, uninstall and reinstall, and today, Spotify released an updated version, still FC for me.

bguzz

Jan 9, 2022
@ReallySnow. This ROM is great. I tried it on my old Pixel 2 XL after my new S21 came...I like it so much better than Samsung's One UI that I'm sending the Samsung back and there is new life for my Pixel. I don't know about others experience, but I'm finding this is much easier on my battery that the stock ROM. It seems snappier too. I loaded December 2 weeks ago and just updated via OTA to Jan 15. Brilliant! Thanks again.

nnSlick

Sep 23, 2007
@ReallySnow. This ROM is great. I tried it on my old Pixel 2 XL after my new S21 came...I like it so much better than Samsung's One UI that I'm sending the Samsung back and there is new life for my Pixel. I don't know about others experience, but I'm finding this is much easier on my battery that the stock ROM. It seems snappier too. I loaded December 2 weeks ago and just updated via OTA to Jan 15. Brilliant! Thanks again.
Ditto! This ROM is great.
I tried to update but could not find the 'Updater' button in 'System'. Anyone know why and how can I see it? TIA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, can i use the arrow recovery to install 12.1?
    I did the usual way of flashing this new update via TWRP boot and ADB sideloading it. I only wipe Dalvic Cache and System, and kept the Data partition.

Booted up and looks fine. Then I noticed a new update OTA dated 1 May 2022, which I proceeded to download and installed successfully.
    I'm running v12.0...does anyone know if I can use ArrowOS recovery to apply 12.1?
    I booted the newest TWRP image from fastboot, then sideloaded 12.1 with only wipe of system, dalvik, but not data. Worked fine. I guess sideloading from other recoveries will yield the same result.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_google_wahoo
    Hey guys, I'm going to be working on an upstream 5.10 kernel for this rom. It will be offering lots of security and performance increases. Will update later today.
    @ coolsid8
    I realy would like to confirm that!
    A very stable, smooth, snappy and fluid ROM!
    Great work an BIG Thanks to ReallySnow!!
    If you would like to have root access and no encryption, you can go the way I take:
    - reboot > bootloader
    - boot to TWRP
    - wipe cache/system/data
    - flash Arrow-v12.0-taimen-....zip
    - reboot to bootloader
    - change active slot! (because it´s a sideload to the inactiv slot)
    - boot to TWRP again
    - flash magisk
    - flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip
    - format data !
    - now reboot to system ... and setup your new fresh android 12 system!

Together with the Magisk module Pixifier_v4 you have a nice connection to the Pixel 6
    Just to let people know twrp-3.6.1_9-0-taimen.img has been available https://dl.twrp.me/taimen/
    @ coolsid8
    I realy would like to confirm that!
    A very stable, smooth, snappy and fluid ROM!
    Great work an BIG Thanks to ReallySnow!!
    If you would like to have root access and no encryption, you can go the way I take:
    - reboot > bootloader
    - boot to TWRP
    - wipe cache/system/data
    - flash Arrow-v12.0-taimen-....zip
    - reboot to bootloader
    - boot to TWRP again
    - flash magisk
    - flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip
    - format data !
    - now reboot to system ... and setup your new fresh android 12 system!

Together with the Magisk module Pixifier_v4 you have a nice connection to the Pixel 6

you might like to revise the lines:

- reboot to bootloader

to just

- reboot to bootloader

as someone might think they have to manually switch active slots, when merely rebooting to bootloader after flash does this for you - i think this is what you mean, but it may confuse people the way it is written :)

and also

- format data !

might better be changed to

- do a factory reset (simply swipe on Wipe screen in TWRP)

you do not need to format data

a factory reset after any ROM install is a good idea...unless dirty flashing of course!

also worth mentioning if you sideload (adb sideload Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip) Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip wont be able to read the zip filename to automatically set options, you'll need to use the volume keys to enable/disable features...safe to disable all options