[ROM][Android 12L][BERYLLIUM] crDroid v8.11 [28.11.2022]

Search This thread

a9k1t

Jan 3, 2018
@gwolfu Everything works for me here except one thing. Google Recorder and the transcript option in the google recorder. I have asked many times without any success, which is why I have to tag you. If you have time, can you please tell me the fix.

Reactions: timbuctoo

hfdesign

Jun 4, 2012
File management works very poorly. Crashed when multiple files were being written and read from external memory and formatting message was displayed

timbuctoo

Dirty flashed the 23rd September build (wiped cache, dalvik, system and vendor, installed ROM, flashed DFE, rebooted to system, flashed rooted boot image and flashed NGK, in that order) only to see Google Play services are missing error messages (screenshots attached).

I had Flame Gapps installed before and had no issues. I thought with a dirty flash, Gapps is not required. Why is the ROM cribbing about Google Play services missing?

Any help is appreciated. Thanking you guys in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-210852_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221001-210852_Settings.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20221001-164123_Nova7.png
    Screenshot_20221001-164123_Nova7.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 43

amn1987

Dirty flashed the 23rd September build (wiped cache, dalvik, system and vendor, installed ROM, flashed DFE, rebooted to system, flashed rooted boot image and flashed NGK, in that order) only to see Google Play services are missing error messages (screenshots attached).

I had Flame Gapps installed before and had no issues. I thought with a dirty flash, Gapps is not required. Why is the ROM cribbing about Google Play services missing?

Just flash GApps again and it should be resolved . As to the reason no idea. I had experienced this earlier and with NikGApps.

Reactions: timbuctoo

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1

When you do dirty flash by wiping the system partition, you need to reflash GApps after the ROM.
Otherwise you can just flash the ROM without wiping and GApps will survive fine.

Sharicov

Aug 24, 2012
Found a bug, when Quick tap is turned on stock alarm is snoozing itself because vibration turns on Quick tap if it set to show notifications.

Build 8.9 from 22.09.22 (beryllium).

Otherwise best ROM ever!

Lev420

Aug 13, 2016
Sony Xperia Z5
OnePlus 3T
Recently switch to this rom, working great except for an issue with a specific game "com.bandainamcoent.imas_millionlive_theaterdays", which crashes on start. I've also noticed on some other unity games, character models look more pixelated than on stock MIUI. Same crash occurs on other non-MIUI roms as well.

My hunch is that unity doesn't like the update gpu drivers, or it might have something to do with spoofing as a pixel. I've attached relevant logs below.

crDroid 8.9, NGK 3.3.0, NikGApps Core, Magisk Delta 25.2, DFE flashed.

timbuctoo

Found a bug, when Quick tap is turned on stock alarm is snoozing itself because vibration turns on Quick tap if it set to show notifications.

Build 8.9 from 22.09.22 (beryllium).

Otherwise best ROM ever!

I root caused the issue. 'Settings -> System - Gestures -> Quick Tap to start actions' was set to take screenshots, and every time I would receive a notification, and hence the phone would vibrate, this would trigger a screenshot! So, any notification with vibration enabled is bound to trigger any action set here. Do be aware of the pitfall. I have now set the action to a less disturbing 'Show notifications' option.

Posting the solution here, should anyone run into the same issue.

Cheers.

Known issue. Do see the post above. @gwolfu, do we need to reduce sensitivity to address the issue?

setu2300

Aug 9, 2018
Does google pay work with or without root?
I used to love crdroid and its the only thing I need to come back to this build

Doomguy6

Mar 29, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F1
Best 12.1 rom for poco f1.Using it for a few months now and i don't have issues.Just updated fine(first time)with the latest modded twrp a12 v4.
My only complaint is that some gapps(add-ons)replaced the stock apps,only the first time and in the next updates they came back.So i have to dirty flash them again with the latest crdroid update or they will be back in the next updates?

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Best 12.1 rom for poco f1.Using it for a few months now and i don't have issues.Just updated fine(first time)with the latest modded twrp a12 v4.
My only complaint is that some gapps(add-ons)replaced the stock apps,only the first time and in the next updates they came back.So i have to dirty flash them again with the latest crdroid update or they will be back in the next updates?
Which GApps you use?
FlameGApps survival working fine. NikGApps had issues with it.

Top Liked Posts