Search This thread

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
Pre-installation:
  • Recovery (from download page, recovery button)
  • NikGapps core (Download from here - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
  • Magisk root (after first boot)

First time installation:
  • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
  • Boot to fastboot and flash recovery
  • Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Now boot to recovery by holding VOL UP + POWER
  • Navigate to Factory reset and format data, wipe cache and wipe system
  • Now reboot to recovery
  • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
  • Now sideload crDroid zip
  • Code:
    adb sideload crDroid.zip
  • If you are running with gapps, choose again to apply from adb and sideload gapps.zip
  • Reboot to system

Update installation:
Via recovery
  • Boot to recovery
  • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
  • Code:
    adb sideload crDroid.zip
Via OTA:
  • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
  • Choose install and let it finish
  • Reboot

Do note that crDroid 8 is encrypted by default, so if you want to run decrypted, you'll need to sideload dfe.zip

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Download:
ROM https://crdroid.net/beryllium

Known isues:
- none critical

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Poco Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8833290

Bug: Bluetooth is trying to turn on and off, repeatedly.

Overall, it feels like a LOS developer build with unlocked features.

Reactions: Монтано

Sia_scazy

Dec 8, 2011
HI GWOLFU TNX IN ADVANCE
im not be able to root
flash latest magisk apk or zip no difrens beetwin apk and zip

Oehr

Sep 7, 2012
Thanks gwolfu! I'd love to upgrade this week, but I've got a few questions first:
  • Is a dirty flash upgrade from crDroid 7 supported?
  • I had issues with nikgapps before, with the signal app not receiving any messages unless I open the app (nikgapps specific issue). I'd like to try bitgapps instead. your rom should also work well with that gapps pack, right?
  • I use encrypted f2fs data partition right now. is that also supported by this crdroid 8 build? or do I have to update the fstab again?
  • Does it pass safetynet (with/without magisk)?

Last edited:

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Thanks gwolfu! I'd love to upgrade this week, but I've got a few questions first:
  • Is a dirty flash upgrade from crDroid 7 supported?
  • I had issues with nikgapps before, with the signal app not receiving any messages unless I open the app (nikgapps specific issue). I'd like to try bitgapps instead. your rom should also work well with that gapps pack, right?
  • I use encrypted f2fs data partition right now. is that also supported by this crdroid 8 build? or do I have to update the fstab again?
  • Does it pass safetynet (with/without magisk)?
1. Not possible to dirty flash
2. Should work with other gapps (I just shared what I used, however not tested by me)
3. F2FS data is not added yet due to some bug I've noticed
4. Passed SN out of the box even without magisk

Oehr

Sep 7, 2012
There is an issue with the recovery: it does not automount the micrsod card. manually mounting using adb shell works, but as I am not sure where to mount it, I have no means of applying the update from the microsd card.

P.S. I am using a 1TB microSD card with a single exfat partition

wladoom

Dec 18, 2012
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
  • Code:
  • Now reboot to recovery
  • Code:
    adb sideload crDroid.zip
  • If you are running with gapps, choose again to apply from adb and sideload gapps.zip
  • Reboot to system

Update installation:
  • Boot to recovery
  • Code:
    adb sideload crDroid.zip

Do note that crDroid 8 is encrypted by default, so if you want to run decrypted, you'll need to sideload dfe.zip

Sources:

Download:

Known isues:
- none critical

crDroid Poco Telegram

Bug bluetooth.....not working

Oehr

Sep 7, 2012
Bug bluetooth.....not working
Works fine for me with Build 20200124:
Build 20200124 is up

Changelog
- Fixed bluetooth issues
1. Not possible to dirty flash
2. Should work with other gapps (I just shared what I used, however not tested by me)
3. F2FS data is not added yet due to some bug I've noticed
4. Passed SN out of the box even without magisk
as for bitgapps: doesn't work. It fails mounting the vendor partition. tried nikgapps now and receiving message in signal seems to work for now. only time will tell!

as for f2fs, the mounting parameters for encryption differ. I didn't check out the fstab yet, but for crdroid 7, I had to remove the ext4 mount for /data and leave only f2fs with the following permissions in there:

Code:
#<src>                                   <mnt_point>   <type>   <mnt_flags and options>                                               <fs_mgr_flags>
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata   /data         f2fs     noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,background_gc=off,fsync_mode=nobarrier   latemount,wait,fileencryption=ice,quota
And even then it was wonky: it only worked when the data partition was COMPLETELY empty, so that encryption was enabled on first boot. encrypting afterwards failed. Maybe that helps you in troubleshooting f2fs support for data.

P.S. Unless it goes mainline again, I'll stick with the current ext4 variant, as I had to patch fstab every time I updated the rom back with crdroid 7...

Last edited:
Reactions: Монтано

Makigo123

Jan 22, 2022
Hey, huge thanks for crDroid, currently on 7.13, will flash 8 this weekend. I've noticed that when hiding nav bar, the back gesture doesn't work anymore and haven't find out how to fix this (7.13 version though). Did I miss something ?

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Works fine for me with Build 20200124:

as for bitgapps: doesn't work. It fails mounting the vendor partition. tried nikgapps now and receiving message in signal seems to work for now. only time will tell!

as for f2fs, the mounting parameters for encryption differ. I didn't check out the fstab yet, but for crdroid 7, I had to remove the ext4 mount for /data and leave only f2fs with the following permissions in there:

Code:
#<src>                                   <mnt_point>   <type>   <mnt_flags and options>                                               <fs_mgr_flags>
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata   /data         f2fs     noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,background_gc=off,fsync_mode=nobarrier   latemount,wait,fileencryption=ice,quota
And even then it was wonky: it only worked when the data partition was COMPLETELY empty, so that encryption was enabled on first boot. encrypting afterwards failed. Maybe that helps you in troubleshooting f2fs support for data.

P.S. Unless it goes mainline again, I'll stick with the current ext4 variant, as I had to patch fstab every time I updated the rom back with crdroid 7...
you can't encrypt afterwards
you either do it at first boot (does that automatically in crDroid 8), or you flash DFE and no encryption from there on
also no real benefits in F2FS imo

Oehr

Sep 7, 2012
you can't encrypt afterwards
you either do it at first boot (does that automatically in crDroid 8), or you flash DFE and no encryption from there on
also no real benefits in F2FS imo
f2fs has been specifically developed for flash memory. it comes with fs-based wear leveling which is great for flash memory without a proper flash controller (microsd cards, emmc, etc.). Some more recent android phones (e.g. pixel 6, poco x3) use f2fs as its default fs for the data (and cache) partition.
Hey, huge thanks for crDroid, currently on 7.13, will flash 8 this weekend. I've noticed that when hiding nav bar, the back gesture doesn't work anymore and haven't find out how to fix this (7.13 version though). Did I miss something ?
do not disable nav bar. switch to gesture bar and set its size to compact and/or disable navigation hint instead. i stumbled into the same "issue" in crdroid 8, until i figured out that I was doing it wrong. It is confusing, as all these options are split between basically three different screens.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Makigo123

Makigo123

Jan 22, 2022
do not disable nav bar. switch to gesture bar and set its size to compact and/or disable navigation hint instead. i stumbled into the same "issue" in crdroid 8, until i figured out that I was doing it wrong. It is confusing, as all these options are split between basically three different screens.
Thanks, you made my day brighter

Reactions: Oehr

Oehr

Sep 7, 2012
Unfortunately, I have the issue with receiving message in the Signal app again: After a while, especially while not charging, signal stops receiving messages on the phone unless I specifically open the signal app again...

I checked the usual culprits, such as battery optimization and such, but everything checks out... I had the issue before with crdroid back when I also tried nikgapps... There was no issue when I later switched to opengapps, but that is not possible for now.

Any clue as to how to fix this? I really don't want to check my signal app all the time :(

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Unfortunately, I have the issue with receiving message in the Signal app again: After a while, especially while not charging, signal stops receiving messages on the phone unless I specifically open the signal app again...

I checked the usual culprits, such as battery optimization and such, but everything checks out... I had the issue before with crdroid back when I also tried nikgapps... There was no issue when I later switched to opengapps, but that is not possible for now.

Any clue as to how to fix this? I really don't want to check my signal app all the time :(
issue is with nikgapps
should be fixed in latest build released today
if dirty flashing new gapps on top, do also clear app data of Google Play Services app and reboot after dirty flash done and booted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    You have been warned

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • Recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • NikGapps core (Download from here - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Magisk root (after first boot)

First time installation:
    • Code:
    • Now reboot to recovery
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • Reboot to system

Update installation:
    Via recovery
    • Boot to recovery
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • Reboot

Sources:

Download:

Known isues:
    - none critical

crDroid Poco Telegram

Build 20220409 is up

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 8.4
    - Updated to April security patches (android-12.1.0_r4)
    - Initial crDroid kernel modding
    - Added reTicker
    - Added smart pixels option
    - Fixed ring vibration
    - Fixed Monet customizations
    - Updated some app icons
    - Small updates to launcher
    - Some other small changes here and there
    - Updated translations
    Build 20220313 is ready

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.9.306
    - Added option to change the length of gesture navbar
    - Added option to change back gesture height
    - Added kill option to notification guts
    - Added Flipendo (Pixel exclusive extreme battery saver - see battery options)
    - Added smartspace
    - Reverted inclusion of CameraGo (needs gapps and not everyone uses gapps)
    - Further improvements here and there
    - Test fix for ViLTE
    - Test fix for Google hotword
    - OTA Updater improvements
    - Updated translations
    Build 20220531 is ready

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.9.316
    - Added new game mode (Game Space)
    - Updated libjpeg-turbo, harfbuzz_ng, freetype, zlib, libvpx, htop, giflib
    - Update some "Material You" parts of Messaging, DeskClock and Dialer app
    - Improved performance