[ROM][Android 12L][BERYLLIUM] crDroid v8.9 [23.09.2022]

Search This thread

gwolfu

Recognized Developer

trashbytes

Oct 15, 2010
plus.google.com
Last time OTA borked my Gapps and I had tons of FCs with no way to fix but to wipe and reflash everything.

Is that normal? I want to update from July 14 build to August 5 build, will I encounter problems again?

gwolfu

Recognized Developer

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
try this and install from fastboot normally
Thanks, but my PC has an old Intel CPU. Managed to do it on my Laptop, I assume something with the ADB/Fastboot install is messed up on the desktop.

Odinsinces3

Jan 26, 2020
iNSTALLATION GUIDE FOR TWRP and orangefox recovery users:

1 Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, Cache,Data,Internal storage,System,Vendor
2 Reboot recovery
3 Transfer cr droid rom, gapps, magisk to storage
4 install cr droid rom, gapps, (gapps full contains setup wizard already)
5 wipe data, (optional: dalvik,cache,internal storage )
6 reboot system and install magisk

(7) choose wallpaper-download and organize apps and have a look in cr droid settings.

Enjoy the best google based rom for poco f1!

Last edited:
Reactions: timbuctoo

haldaios

Nov 30, 2014
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
LG G3
I installed octopath traveler it crashes immediately after its starts, the phone isn't rooted any suggestions? In the past had the same issue with pokemon game but found out was from recovery TWRP the folder with the configuration of TWRP, now I'm using the recovery of crdroid. Great rom by the way love the configurations it has!

Chti73

Apr 30, 2020
Can anybody tell me where I can find a tutorial for easily backing-up all my usual apps & CrDroid settings ?
Is there a Google "native" process for backing-up & restoring personnal settings and data ?
4 Poco F1 now running CrDroid 8.x at home !!

amn1987

Can anybody tell me where I can find a tutorial for easily backing-up all my usual apps & CrDroid settings ?
Is there a Google "native" process for backing-up & restoring personnal settings and data ?
4 Poco F1 now running CrDroid 8.x at home !!
If root is available Swift Backup is excellent for backing up apps and their data besides SMS,Call Logs, Wifi passwords etc.

MrGodMan

Apr 7, 2016
Love this ROM, it's been doing me really well so far! :D

Had a small issue getting fastboot to work properly (probably a windows problem) but flashing crDroid recovery from TWRP worked and everything went smoothly from there. I've read older posts and it's AMD issue 🤷‍♀️

I've also come across a couple of minor annoyances,
1. Hiding the notch via dev settings works except the status bar is slightly deeper than it should be and the curved corners are preserved, photo used as example because screenshot shows square corners.

2. The navbar the additional actions in crDroid settings are great for long/double tap and work well except split screen doesn't function no matter which button it's bound to.
IMG_20220814_155610.jpg

Last edited:

Chti73

Apr 30, 2020
Only seedvault, but that does not backup everything. You can only backup everything as root.
I never succeeded using this tool !
Not easy to set and manage, few how-to ...
I don't understand how it works :confused:

What I need is priorily a tool that allow me to easily backup all my personal CrDroid settings, and my major apps settings/preferences.

I don't care if I need to reinstall all apps (I can clean their list !), but I want not to have to set my usual settings for each ...

johndoe118

Dec 11, 2018
I never succeeded using this tool !
Not easy to set and manage, few how-to ...
I don't understand how it works :confused:

What I need is priorily a tool that allow me to easily backup all my personal CrDroid settings, and my major apps settings/preferences.

I don't care if I need to reinstall all apps (I can clean their list !), but I want not to have to set my usual settings for each ...
This is not possible without root because no normal app can access the internal storage of another app. Seedvault could only do this if another app allows it (this is determined by the developer). There is no other way. This is how Android works.

• Sad
Reactions: Chti73

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
I don't know if that even counts as a bug, but with this ROM, my device seems to be really immune against automatically connecting to WiFi after booting and also doesn't want to connect to BT devices without me manually doing it.

Am I the only one with that issue? Any fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hay @Retrial in this latest build, can i replace the kernel with a custom kernel that can run monitor mode for tools like aircrack-ng or wifite, like in nethunter rom?? any suggestion??
    You can replace the kernel sure, but the kernel must support system_ext.
    NGK, SilverCore (stock kernel of crDroid) and RockStar support system_ext.
    I personally switched to NGK few days ago since I noticed some lag in the last couple of updates in crDroid.
    Overall it's much better with NGK and I get ~8h+ SOT but I still feel sometimes some minor animation lags like in launcher folders when you open them.
    @gwolfu have you changed something regarding the animations UI etc?
    What do you mean by everything? Like Dalvik, Cache, Data, Internal Storage, System and Vendor?
    Check here. If format data doesn't work in twrp by reignz, reboot to recovery and try again.
    You can also follow the steps in OP using the crDroid recovery.
    Before update I'm just try NGK and for information that NGK doesn't support 802.11 wireless injection (monitor mode) for network pentesting, when I run the wifite tool, my wifi immediately crashes and can't be turned on (with reboot it's solved)

BUT, NGK is amazing in performance (game + ui), in silvercore when I running aetherSX (ps2 emu) and playing NFS MW it can only avg 15fps at 1x native (360p), on NGK I can get avg 30fps at 3x native(1080p), AMAZING 😍

in ui transition, NGK is very far ahead of silvercore, I can feel my device is like floating in the sky 😁 then from battery life I get SOT ~7h with intensive usage (games, netflix, social media, etc)

after the update I decided to go back to the stock kernel crdroid (silvercore), because I was afraid that NGK was not compatible with the update crdroid, on the other hand I wanted this kernel(NGK) to be made as the stock kernal of the crdroid rom, for me crdroid+NGK is the best combo in beryllium for now, what do you think @gwolfu @Retrial ??
    You can do OTA update with NGK installed fine but you need to reflash it after the update since the stock kernel will overlap it.

Indeed it's much improvement overall for the ROM and that's why I suggested it to everyone, they will feel the difference in everything at once.

I would like to see it as default kernel of the ROM in future updates but it's not up to my hand, that's up to Gabriel, so fingers crossed.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • Recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • NikGapps core (Download from here - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Magisk root (after first boot)

First time installation:
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Boot to fastboot and flash recovery
    • Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Now boot to recovery by holding VOL UP + POWER
    • Navigate to Factory reset and format data, wipe cache and wipe system
    • Now reboot to recovery
    • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
    • Now sideload crDroid zip
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you are running with gapps, choose again to apply from adb and sideload gapps.zip
    • Reboot to system

Update installation:
    Via recovery
    • Boot to recovery
    • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
    • Now sideload crDroid zip
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • Reboot

Do note that crDroid 8 is encrypted by default, so if you want to run decrypted, you'll need to sideload dfe.zip

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/beryllium

Known isues:
    - none critical

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Poco Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    Build 20220409 is up

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 8.4
    - Updated to April security patches (android-12.1.0_r4)
    - Initial crDroid kernel modding
    - Added reTicker
    - Added smart pixels option
    - Fixed ring vibration
    - Fixed Monet customizations
    - Updated some app icons
    - Small updates to launcher
    - Some other small changes here and there
    - Updated translations

Join the chat on Telegram @ https://t.me/crDroidPoco
    Build 20220313 is ready

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.9.306
    - Added option to change the length of gesture navbar
    - Added option to change back gesture height
    - Added kill option to notification guts
    - Added Flipendo (Pixel exclusive extreme battery saver - see battery options)
    - Added smartspace
    - Reverted inclusion of CameraGo (needs gapps and not everyone uses gapps)
    - Further improvements here and there
    - Test fix for ViLTE
    - Test fix for Google hotword
    - OTA Updater improvements
    - Updated translations

Join the chat on Telegram @ http://t.me/crDroidPoco
    Build 20220802 is ready

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/beryllium/8#changelog
    Download: https://crdroid.net/beryllium/8

Join the chat on Telegram @ https://t.me/crDroidPoco
    Build 20220531 is ready

Changelog: