[ROM][Android 12L][BERYLLIUM] crDroid v8.9 [23.09.2022]

Search This thread

nicholes

Mar 7, 2012
indore
ROM is really full of goodies! Thanks for the ROM.

I have come from MIUI 10.3.xxx

it is been a long time to since i have been using custom roms so i have a few question regarding this.

1. What is thermal profile options in battery?(like benchmark,browser,camera etc...)

2.Can i use gesture and navigation button both same time( I am addicted of using force close apps using back press and hold ( apps that is not usable most of the time) using navigation . and switch between apps using navigation button , but i still like back using swipe from edge.so i was wondering if i could use both

Some Suggestion (Human is greedy by nature)

Battery bar is useless.unless we hide notch in poco f1,So why not make battery bar under the notch.

Can you add clone/duel Apps feature in next update please.this is the only one feature i am missing in this rom.

and finally one PROBLEM
after installing magiks 25.2 and SeftyNet Fix, some banking apps still find my rooted phone( like Idbi bank go mobile)

although my setynet is pass in YASNAC app.
Thanks.

amn1987

it is been a long time to since i have been using custom roms so i have a few question regarding this.

1. What is thermal profile options in battery?(like benchmark,browser,camera etc...)

2.Can i use gesture and navigation button both same time( I am addicted of using force close apps using back press and hold ( apps that is not usable most of the time) using navigation . and switch between apps using navigation button , but i still like back using swipe from edge.so i was wondering if i could use both

Battery bar is useless.unless we hide notch in poco f1,So why not make battery bar under the notch.

Can you add clone/duel Apps feature in next update please.this is the only one feature i am missing in this rom.

and finally one PROBLEM
after installing magiks 25.2 and SeftyNet Fix, some banking apps still find my rooted phone( like Idbi bank go mobile)

Thanks.
You need to use Shamiko module (Denylist shouldn't be enforced for it to work) to tame these pesky apps. I have managed to get notorious apps like Axis Mobile, ICICI Pockets etc. to work so I imagine it should also work for IDBI etc. In case of the latter I had to freeze the Magisk Manager app otherwise the app would keep crashing in the background every so often.
You can use App Cloner (paid) or use apps like Island or Shelter that make use of the Work Profile for multiple accounts usage.
Edit: Just checked IDBI Go Mobile and I could get to the login page.

nicholes

Mar 7, 2012
indore

and finally one PROBLEM

Thanks.
What about thermal profile?

Artemis008

Mar 1, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
Google Pixel 4
Hai @gwolfu thank you in advance for the amazing update and adding AOD, which I feel after yesterday's update on v8.8 12-08-2022 the battery power is very good and very durable in use all day, I want to ask, does AOD here drain battery power? if yes, how to disable it, I've searched everywhere but can't find the button to disable it, I don't want this update v8.8 16-08-2022 makes the battery drain fast, you won't believe me how i love this rom so much for every single update, everything is amazing, yeah.. even though there are some small parts that need to be fixed and improved but it doesn't affect my phone's performance at all for intensive use, thanks again for your hardwork 🙏

Reactions: Retrial

Evgen_17

Feb 19, 2016
On the latest updates, I began to experience a strange bug: after restarting the phone, the permissions issued by applications may disappear by random recall. I've met users before who also complained about such bugs, is there a solution? AOD shows black screen, is this how it should be? When AOD is enabled, waking up the phone with a double tap does not work.

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hai @gwolfu thank you in advance for the amazing update and adding AOD, which I feel after yesterday's update on v8.8 12-08-2022 the battery power is very good and very durable in use all day, I want to ask, does AOD here drain battery power? if yes, how to disable it, I've searched everywhere but can't find the button to disable it, I don't want this update v8.8 16-08-2022 makes the battery drain fast, you won't believe me how i love this rom so much for every single update, everything is amazing, yeah.. even though there are some small parts that need to be fixed and improved but it doesn't affect my phone's performance at all for intensive use, thanks again for your hardwork 🙏
Settings > Display > Lock Screen > (scroll down) Always show time and info -> turn it off.

Indeed, I don't know why gwolfu made AOD enabled by default, more people will complain about battery, it's not like we have Amoled screen.

However likely we can turn it off with the steps above, I just believe AOD should be disabled by default in this device.

Last edited:

Artemis008

Mar 1, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
Google Pixel 4
Settings > Display > Lock Screen > (scroll down) Always show time and info -> turn it off.

Indeed, I don't know why gwolfu made AOD enabled by default, more people will complain about battery, it's not like we have Amoled screen.

However likely we can turn it off with the steps above, I just believe AOD should be disabled by default in this device.
that's right, if the screen uses amoled I don't really think about having AOD, but luckily your method works, thanks for the help, friends.. you're the best 🙏

Reactions: Retrial

oneinchashh

Aug 8, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello, I flashed my phone to crDroid 8.8 last night with/without root but apps like netflix are not showing on the playstore. I test the cts with/without root and it passes both. But I cant still see apps like netflix. Play store shows certified on settings tho. Can you help me?

I'm using crDroid recovery and magisk 25.2.

Doomguy6

Mar 29, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello, I flashed my phone to crDroid 8.8 last night with/without root but apps like netflix are not showing on the playstore. I test the cts with/without root and it passes both. But I cant still see apps like netflix. Play store shows certified on settings tho. Can you help me?

I'm using crDroid recovery and magisk 25.2.
I just tried this(not rooted)and i can see Netflix.Maybe its magisk 🤷

Doomguy6

Mar 29, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thanks for the amazing rom and for the regular updates(its really the best)but i have the same issue as in awaken.Screen rotation isn't working(its not a hardware problem).I don't know why and i can't find a solution on the internet.An help would be appreciated!☺️

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thanks for the amazing rom and for the regular updates(its really the best)but i have the same issue as in awaken.Screen rotation isn't working(its not a hardware problem).I don't know why and i can't find a solution on the internet.An help would be appreciated!☺️
Working fine here. Have you enabled it from Quick Settings or in Settings?
Perhaps your sensors have issues? Does it work in other ROMs?

Reactions: mantlabs

Doomguy6

Mar 29, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F1
Working fine here. Have you enabled it from Quick Settings or in Settings?
Perhaps your sensors have issues? Does it work in other ROMs?
Yes its enabled.Tried this many times switching it on/off and rebooting but still the same.Sensors are working fine,did a test with some apps and i didn't found any problem(compass works too).In some other ROMs yes it worked.Also when i cleaned installed any rom and did restore backup from "Google pixel 5" and not from "Poco f1" then the issue disappeared.And when i restored from "Poco f1",auto rotation stopped working but compass worked fine.
I really don't understand Google lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hay @Retrial in this latest build, can i replace the kernel with a custom kernel that can run monitor mode for tools like aircrack-ng or wifite, like in nethunter rom?? any suggestion??
    You can replace the kernel sure, but the kernel must support system_ext.
    NGK, SilverCore (stock kernel of crDroid) and RockStar support system_ext.
    I personally switched to NGK few days ago since I noticed some lag in the last couple of updates in crDroid.
    Overall it's much better with NGK and I get ~8h+ SOT but I still feel sometimes some minor animation lags like in launcher folders when you open them.
    @gwolfu have you changed something regarding the animations UI etc?
    What do you mean by everything? Like Dalvik, Cache, Data, Internal Storage, System and Vendor?
    Check here. If format data doesn't work in twrp by reignz, reboot to recovery and try again.
    You can also follow the steps in OP using the crDroid recovery.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • Recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • NikGapps core (Download from here - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Magisk root (after first boot)

First time installation:
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Boot to fastboot and flash recovery
    • Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Now boot to recovery by holding VOL UP + POWER
    • Navigate to Factory reset and format data, wipe cache and wipe system
    • Now reboot to recovery
    • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
    • Now sideload crDroid zip
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you are running with gapps, choose again to apply from adb and sideload gapps.zip
    • Reboot to system

Update installation:
    Via recovery
    • Boot to recovery
    • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
    • Now sideload crDroid zip
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • Reboot

Do note that crDroid 8 is encrypted by default, so if you want to run decrypted, you'll need to sideload dfe.zip

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/beryllium

Known isues:
    - none critical

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Poco Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    Build 20220409 is up

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 8.4
    - Updated to April security patches (android-12.1.0_r4)
    - Initial crDroid kernel modding
    - Added reTicker
    - Added smart pixels option
    - Fixed ring vibration
    - Fixed Monet customizations
    - Updated some app icons
    - Small updates to launcher
    - Some other small changes here and there
    - Updated translations

Join the chat on Telegram @ https://t.me/crDroidPoco
    Build 20220313 is ready

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.9.306
    - Added option to change the length of gesture navbar
    - Added option to change back gesture height
    - Added kill option to notification guts
    - Added Flipendo (Pixel exclusive extreme battery saver - see battery options)
    - Added smartspace
    - Reverted inclusion of CameraGo (needs gapps and not everyone uses gapps)
    - Further improvements here and there
    - Test fix for ViLTE
    - Test fix for Google hotword
    - OTA Updater improvements
    - Updated translations

Join the chat on Telegram @ http://t.me/crDroidPoco
    Build 20220802 is ready

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/beryllium/8#changelog
    Download: https://crdroid.net/beryllium/8

Join the chat on Telegram @ https://t.me/crDroidPoco
    Build 20220531 is ready

Changelog: