Development [ROM][Android 12L][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE / Mi 11 LE [lisa]

Search This thread

shineburst

Nov 10, 2017
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
Thanks for that heads up, so it looks like going backwards to a Miui ROM is probably more hazardous than it's worth at this point. Worst case scenario I do end up bricking the phone (if I haven't already) and have to send it to someone with an EDL to fix.

The article mentions something about having to flash a dummy image to pass something to antirollback before TWRP can be successfully run. I wonder if this is why I can't successfully boot into recovery?

No idea, all I know is this is a bigger PITA than any of the other phones I've ever flashed, and the first one that I may have bricked.
Agree. I have been modding my phones for years becuz of google and other companies doing things like the anti-rollback, no way to unlock bootloader, and others. It getting difficult to do so.

If all you did was flash the boot/recovery, you should be fine. I was in the same state. As I said, download the PixelOS recovery and do

fastboot set_active a
fastboot flash boot recovery <PixelOS recovery file path>
fastboot reboot recovery

and see if that works. Then, you can at least adb sideload images.

Old_Mil

Aug 30, 2018
Thanks for that heads up, so it looks like going backwards to a Miui ROM is probably more hazardous than it's worth at this point. Worst case scenario I do end up bricking the phone (if I haven't already) and have to send it to someone with an EDL to fix.

The article mentions something about having to flash a dummy image to pass something to antirollback before TWRP can be successfully run. I wonder if this is why I can't successfully boot into recovery?

No idea, all I know is this is a bigger PITA than any of the other phones I've ever flashed, and the first one that I may have bricked.

Agree. I have been modding my phones for years becuz of google and other companies doing things like the anti-rollback, no way to unlock bootloader, and others. It getting difficult to do so.

If all you did was flash the boot/recovery, you should be fine. I was in the same state. As I said, download the PixelOS recovery and do

fastboot set_active a
fastboot flash boot recovery <PixelOS recovery file path>
fastboot reboot recovery

and see if that works. Then, you can at least adb sideload images.

Tried it with a, didn't work. Tried it with ab didn't work.

C:\Users\System Administrator\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot_ab boot-lisa-20220513.img

Sending 'boot_ab' (196608 KB) OKAY [ 4.714s]

Writing 'boot_ab' (bootloader) Partition boot_a flashed successfully

(bootloader) Partition boot_b flashed successfully

OKAY [ 0.933s]

Finished. Total time: 5.700s

C:\Users\System Administrator\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot reboot recovery

Rebooting into recovery OKAY [ 0.003s]

Finished. Total time: 0.014s

[This is where the phone once again rebooted, the white square Mi logo flashed on the screen briefly, and it again entered fastboot mode.]

C:\Users\System Administrator\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot continue

Resuming boot FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load image from partition: Load Error')

fastboot: error: Command failed

fjw77

Aug 23, 2021
@Its_Vixano
I keep having problems with SafetyNet, it just won't pass. I tried reinstalling LOS several times after recreating a clean starting position by reinstalling MIUI, but it keeps saying that the test failed.
Then I installed PixelOS, and SafetyNet immediatly works fine...
I really would like to use LOS. What could be causing this problem and can it be fixed?

@Its_Vixano
I keep having problems with SafetyNet, it just won't pass. I tried reinstalling LOS several times after recreating a clean starting position by reinstalling MIUI, but it keeps saying that the test failed.
Then I installed PixelOS, and SafetyNet immediatly works fine...
I really would like to use LOS. What could be causing this problem and can it be fixed?
Hi

Check out https://t.me/giostuffs/23699

C:\Users\System Administrator\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot_ab boot-lisa-20220513.img

OKAY [ 0.933s]

C:\Users\System Administrator\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot reboot recovery

[This is where the phone once again rebooted, the white square Mi logo flashed on the screen briefly, and it again entered fastboot mode.]

C:\Users\System Administrator\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot continue

Resuming boot FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load image from partition: Load Error')

Update your adb & fastboot tool from the provided guide and avoid messing with slots (if you don't want to brick it)

Syluan2

Sep 19, 2022

OKAY [ 0.933s]

You download the latest mi stock rom here:
I have a Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE (256gb DG - Global Version). I bootloader unlocked it after a week's usage. It is visible to ADB and Fastboot on Windows 10.

Ran into a bit of a problem following the flashing guide.

Downloaded the following files:

From the link. Successfully flashed boot.img, vendor.boot.img, and dtbo.img. It automatically selected _b as a destination on the phone. Attempting a reboot with power + volume up never got me to a recovery screen, only had the Mi logo flash before re-entering fastboot.

I re-read the instructions and there's a place where it is a little unclear as to if recovery.img is to be used for all phones or not despite only being in the ys1 repository. So I downloaded that and flashed it (successfully), it auto selected _a as a destination.

Phone still continues to reboot to fastboot, but now without the Mi logo flashing (guessing I blew away whatever was left of the factory ROM on _a with that last move).

Suggestions on what to do next? I'm stuck at a place where the phone is in fastboot mode and connected to a Windows machine with adb and the proper drivers but I'm guessing has no bootable recovery or ROM so sideloading isn't an option.
you download the latest mi stock rom herehttps://mifirm.net/download/7876
I have a Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE (256gb DG - Global Version). I bootloader unlocked it after a week's usage. It is visible to ADB and Fastboot on Windows 10.

From the link. Successfully flashed boot.img, vendor.boot.img, and dtbo.img. It automatically selected _b as a destination on the phone. Attempting a reboot with power + volume up never got me to a recovery screen, only had the Mi logo flash before re-entering fastboot.

I re-read the instructions and there's a place where it is a little unclear as to if recovery.img is to be used for all phones or not despite only being in the ys1 repository. So I downloaded that and flashed it (successfully), it auto selected _a as a destination.

Phone still continues to reboot to fastboot, but now without the Mi logo flashing (guessing I blew away whatever was left of the factory ROM on _a with that last move).

Suggestions on what to do next? I'm stuck at a place where the phone is in fastboot mode and connected to a Windows machine with adb and the proper drivers but I'm guessing has no bootable recovery or ROM so sideloading isn't an option.
You download the latest mi stock rom here: https://mifirm.net/download/7876
Please follow the instructions here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/miflash-guide-use-xiaomi-flash-tool.4262425/
I also faced the same situation as you. I did it this way and my phone booted into miui without any problem.

kunglao1

Oct 2, 2022
Currently on xiaomi.eu 13.0.2 Stable, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and installing this ROM. Has anyone who had MIUI 13 on their phones before (either stock or .eu) had any issues with installing this or any other AOSP ROM?

ashish289

Feb 25, 2014
jaipur
I think this is bricked..I disconnected it from the computer and held down the power button to try and turn it off. It turned off momentarily and then booted back into fastboot mode after momentarily flashing the Mi logo.

I ran the commands fastboot boot with boot.img from here and with the Orangefox recovery and both commands failed.

Any recommendations on where to go from here? It would be nice to at least (1) get a functioning Miui OS back on there and (2) not re lock the bootloader while doing it. Preferrably with Miui 12.5
Even if phone anti ver and miui anti ver are same MIflash gives anti version due to some reason.
To solve this problem you need to copy fastboot rom to c drive root folder and then flash with miflash.

Just make sure anti version of phone and fastboot roms are same.

MyNameDuck

Jul 9, 2018
Hey Vixano, love your work! But it seems like 90Hz aren't working properly. Do you have any idea?
Edit: Nvm it was Battery Saver, it force 60Hz. Is there a way to turn on Battery saver while have 90Hz enabled?

Last edited:

GN-z11

Jan 16, 2022
I would really love to use this ROM as my daily driver. However, safetynet not passing is really holding me back since I use banking apps. And also I think the kernel needs some tweaking as the notification panel lags a lot most of the time specially if I have a media player playing. I'll retry this one and maybe build a custom kernel to try and fix the stutters.

Juroujin

Nov 6, 2015
i want to try to create my own rom. Do you have "besides" the lineageos guides "device" specific steps of srcipt wich i could use. Its very unclear how to build/compile for devices not. Can you point me into a good direction

Juroujin

Nov 6, 2015
Hi,

2 questions:

1. Can we expact new release with latest merge and security patches. This build has security patch from August 8.
2. Do you have the build part publicly available ?
- Nevermid found it !

Last edited:

Suvadeepnag

Dec 6, 2015
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE

OKAY [ 0.933s]

I have faced the same problem...what I did is reflashed stock rom using miui flash tool ..then using pixel recovery and flashed a custom rom !! Still can't flash anything from recovery for some error !!

cougar_anne

Nov 27, 2022

i believe i had a similar prob. turned out i had no boot recovery. i reflashed boot.img in fastboot and was ableto proceed to recovery from there

edit. sorry i believe it was the flash recovery img you need. not the boot.img. but id do it all over from the beginning

Juroujin

Nov 6, 2015
i believe i had a similar prob. turned out i had no boot recovery. i reflashed boot.img in fastboot and was ableto proceed to recovery from there

edit. sorry i believe it was the flash recovery img you need. not the boot.img. but id do it all over from the beginning
I also had this problem:

first of all i have the model which has 2 boot partitions. they call this a/b partition i guess.

what i did to fix this (if i remember correctly) is restore original boot (orginal boot.img): using ADB

1. download original fastboot rom. Make sure it's the version you have or had installed on your phone just to be sure (this contains boot.img, you can extract this using 7zip. This is an .tgz file, extract it. then extract the .tar. You can find boot.img in the "images folder")
2. copy this to your adb.exe folder (so copy to the folder which holds adb.exe)
3. using powershell and your phone connected (in fastboot mode): .\fastboot flash boot_ab .\boot.img (if you dont have a/b partition i guess it would be: .\fastboot flash boot .\boot.img )
4. reboot phone: .\fastboot.exe reboot
5. Phone should boot normal (if this was the only thing you f'd up)

Now you should start flashing guide from beginning: https://guide.itsvixano.me/flashing/

Last edited:

cougar_anne

Nov 27, 2022
I also had this problem:

first of all i have the model which has 2 boot partitions. they call this a/b partition i guess.

what i did to fix this (if i remember correctly) is restore original boot (orginal boot.img): using ADB

1. download original fastboot rom. Make sure it's the version you have or had installed on your phone just to be sure (this contains boot.img, you can extract this using 7zip. This is an .tgz file, extract it. then extract the .tar. You can find boot.img in the "images folder")
2. copy this to your adb.exe folder (so copy to the folder which holds adb.exe)
3. using powershell and your phone connected (in fastboot mode): .\fastboot flash boot_ab .\boot.img (if you dont have a/b partition i guess it would be: .\fastboot flash boot .\boot.img )
4. reboot phone: .\fastboot.exe reboot
5. Phone should boot normal (if this was the only thing you f'd up)

Now you should start flashing guide from beginning: https://guide.itsvixano.me/flashing/
So is it possible to put anything else on A/partition? And is there any point in doing so? Could you have two different roms?

Juroujin

Nov 6, 2015
So is it possible to put anything else on A/partition? And is there any point in doing so? Could you have two different roms?
im not an expert on this topic. But in theorie yes. With abd or in recovery you could set the active partition (a or b). But in not sure if current recovery support this for this device.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.1 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Upgrade instructions
    Here

Sources:
    - LineageOS
    - Kernel Tree

Happy modding!
    Just pushed august ota :D
    enjoy

Thread updated for official release :D
    Can you try reflashing the fw i mentioned ??
    I flashed it now and it fixed the problem, thanks for confirming that it was working for you.