Development [ROM][Android 12L][OOS Cam][OP9] crDroid v8.12 [19.12.2022]

Search This thread

chimera533

Feb 3, 2012
OnePlus 9
Phew! Just applied the newest update via OTA. Turns out my slot B was not on C62 so I had the touchscreen not working issue. To compound, switching back to slot A would not boot.

USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING.

I ended up using the LE2113 firmware flasher from this thread (even though I have LE2115). I modified the .bat file to comment out all the "slot=a" commands and changed all the "slot=all" commands to "slot=b". The reason I did this was twofold:
  1. I wanted to preserve slot A in case there was a way to boot into it since it was the previously working slot
  2. Slot B booted but it had the touchscreen issue so in my mind only slot B needed to be fixed
I then sideloaded the 20220819 crDroid build, reboot to recovery, sideload gapps, reboot to system.

Things that I noticed:
  • After running the .bat file and rebooting to recovery I was on slot A. I had set this to the active slot before running the .bat file. This was the previously working slot and it was on build 20220813.
  • After sideloading build 20220819 and rebooting to recovery, I was on slot B. It seems that sideloading crDroid installs it into the inactive slot and causes a slot change at the next reboot (I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE IF THIS IS TRUE). If this is true it could be useful information for people having trouble with the install.

All seems to be working again. Hopefully doing things this way hasn't broken things in the background. Also hoping that the next update will work on slot A since it was previously working with the 20220813 build.

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Phew! Just applied the newest update via OTA. Turns out my slot B was not on C62 so I had the touchscreen not working issue. To compound, switching back to slot A would not boot.

USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING.

I ended up using the LE2113 firmware flasher from this thread (even though I have LE2115). I modified the .bat file to comment out all the "slot=a" commands and changed all the "slot=all" commands to "slot=b". The reason I did this was twofold:
  1. I wanted to preserve slot A in case there was a way to boot into it since it was the previously working slot
  2. Slot B booted but it had the touchscreen issue so in my mind only slot B needed to be fixed
I then sideloaded the 20220819 crDroid build, reboot to recovery, sideload gapps, reboot to system.

Things that I noticed:
  • After running the .bat file and rebooting to recovery I was on slot A. I had set this to the active slot before running the .bat file. This was the previously working slot and it was on build 20220813.
  • After sideloading build 20220819 and rebooting to recovery, I was on slot B. It seems that sideloading crDroid installs it into the inactive slot and causes a slot change at the next reboot (I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE IF THIS IS TRUE). If this is true it could be useful information for people having trouble with the install.

All seems to be working again. Hopefully doing things this way hasn't broken things in the background. Also hoping that the next update will work on slot A since it was previously working with the 20220813 build.
always installing is done on inactive slot
if you on A will go to B and vice-versa
anyway, simply flashing only the firmware should have fixed the issue

Reactions: chimera533

chimera533

Feb 3, 2012
OnePlus 9
always installing is done on inactive slot
if you on A will go to B and vice-versa
anyway, simply flashing only the firmware should have fixed the issue
Thanks for the clarification. Should I flash the firmware onto slot A to make sure the next update works? Or should I be fine since slot A was running build 20220813 without issue previously?

RicardoSal24

Feb 28, 2016
Anecdotally, using the LE2113 firmware on my LE2115 has worked for me. I haven't noticed any issues yet. I dunno the differences between the two so maybe problems will pop up in the future. Would be good to hear if others have used the LE2113 firmware on LE2115.
As far as I know, 2113 is global and 2115 is US unlocked so there could be some similarities between the two models. Even then, flashing different firmware on different models can lead to random bugs or problems so I try to stick to my devices firmware

Reactions: nirogu325

jackbane

Jan 11, 2013
Thanks, I finally installed and everything is working great!

I came from the final cr-Droid 7 release that I was running since December (android 11, included TWRP). I used the provided flash tool which initially left me in qualcomm crash dump mode, but apparently not before doing its job. I thought I was going to have to MSM but I forced a power down with volume keys, on next startup it booted to the cr-droid recovery and following instructions from there worked like a charm to finish the install. I have a 2115 unlocked phone and flashed the 2113 firmware. ROM correctly recognizes the phone as 2115. Rooted with magisk per top john's instructions, used NikApps core. My first time using OOS Cam -- it's taking great shots!

Thanks and respect to gwolfu for packaging all this up, plus developing the flash tool to simplify the install process. Excellent rom and excellent maintainer!

Reactions: gwolfu

funkybear34

Jul 5, 2016
If you are running a Linux computer you can extract the firmware flash tool and fastboot each IMG but you have to look up how to fastboot stock rom on oneplus 9 guide. After flashing the firmware than copy partitions than dtbo vendor_boot and than boot and than flash the rom. Just thought I'd share. It seems to run better then stag and has more features and OOS cam. Thanks developer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • OOS 12 firmware is required (from download page, firmware button)
    • Download KIT files (download - this includes dtbo.img and vendor_boot.img)
    • Download recovery (from download page, recovery button - for clean flash, don't use magisk patched boot.img)
    • Optional NikGapps core (download - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Make sure you have OOS 12 firmware installed (you can do this by updating to OOS C.62 or via flash tool)
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash dtbo.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    • Flash vendor_boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    • Flash boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
    • To install gapps, simply sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
    Update installation:
    Via recovery:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

Download:
    ROM: https://crdroid.net/lemonade/8

Known issues:
    - let me know

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid OnePlus 9 Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal