Development [ROM][Android 12L][OOS Cam][OP9] crDroid v8.12 [19.12.2022]

Search This thread

LastCell

Sep 7, 2022
Feedback on issues that have persisted since build 08/30 up to 09/05. All builds were clean flashed with c62 and c63 when required
- occasional bootloop back to recovery. Bootloop can occur 1-4 times before progressing to successful startup
- security screen fails to accept pin when phone is locked. Requires reboot to resolve. No wrong pin error
- occasional security screen wrong pin, only resolved be rebooting
- certain apps crash on launch. Seems to be limited to security software such
as authenticators and banking apps

Crashdump for authenticator app crash

Logcat of authenticator app crash (search lastpass) see below

Will try to capture matlog of the other issues when I can.

Regardless thank you very much for the work on the ROM

EDIT: logcat attachment upload says its successful but it does not display in the post. Odd. Will try from another OS

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
There's no need for any logcat anymore on keystore/ keymaster crashing
The issue is somehow connected to firmware and os, with no apparent reason to happen even if it does
This also doesn't happen for all for some also unknown reason making a fix rather hard to find
Will wait for next rebase on next security patch merge for now

LastCell

Sep 7, 2022
There's no need for any logcat anymore on keystore/ keymaster crashing
The issue is somehow connected to firmware and os, with no apparent reason to happen even if it does
This also doesn't happen for all for some also unknown reason making a fix rather hard to find
Will wait for next rebase on next security patch merge for now
Thanks for the rapid reply. Would you still like logcat for security screen issues if possible?

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Thanks for the rapid reply. Would you still like logcat for security screen issues if possible?
Is same root cause
Fingerprint, remembering login status for apps, not being able to login in some apps (ex Outlook) and so have same root cause

For now, suggestion is to update to firmware from opening post on both slots and install crDroid
And case of issues, install crDroid again on top and reboot or simply reboot and retry
At least that's what others that had same issue did and reported as working

Reactions: raybes

LastCell

Sep 7, 2022
Is same root cause
Fingerprint, remembering login status for apps, not being able to login in some apps (ex Outlook) and so have same root cause

For now, suggestion is to update to firmware from opening post on both slots and install crDroid
And case of issues, install crDroid again on top and reboot or simply reboot and retry
At least that's what others that had same issue did and reported as working
Ah did not know these were all related, TIL!

Firmware has always been flashed to both slots, been using your fw flashing tool. Never tried to reinstall crDroid again though, thanks for the tip. Will give feedback when I try, cheers.

0FIMA0

Sep 18, 2021
Ukraine
Greetings to all!Has t-mobile verison Oneplus 9,installed sucesfully crdroid,but touchscreen doesnt work.Can someone tell.me,what Im doing wrong?

solanki zeel

Aug 8, 2016
Ok at the moment.
My testing:
Only error i had was cr droid launcher but i use pixel launcher or lawnchair 12.1
The rest seems working fine,autobrightness,color screens,sound speakers,fast charge,camera...
I am in love with this rom.its ****ing amazing.
Thanks to the devs for bring us this amazing rom on op9.♥️
Is it included onepluus 9's stock camera. if yes then it is android 12's camera or android 11's cam? If you confirm I'm happy to flash this rom 😊

LastCell

Sep 7, 2022
Tried dirty flashing latest build 09/09 over 09/05. Steps were done as follows; Flashed latest boot.img 09/09, rebooted to recovery, factory reset, reboot to recovery, sideload crDroid 3x (reboot to recovery each time), followed by latest NikGapps (core 09/08) sideload. Reboot to recovery, then reboot to system. Do minimal setup, then reboot to recovery. Sideload magisk. Reboot to recovery, reboot to system.

Previous known bugs were not affected, issues same as described in 1st post (keystore issues). Next steps; dirty flashed 09/09 build, reboot to recovery. Flash NikGapps core, reboot to recovery, flash magisk, reboot to recovery, reboot to system. Repeated this process total of 4 times (assuming this flashes both partitions with the same setup).

Current subjective assessment; keystore related issues have reduced in frequency but have not been fully eliminated. Keystone Apps fail to launch or crash less frequently, and bootloops as well as pin issues have reduced incidence.

Wholly subjective. Are there any additional issues that you would like captured by logcat? Can on and off test latest crdroid builds.

jackbane

Jan 11, 2013
I'm on the 0826 build and would like to update. I used the crdroid firmware flash tool to put C62 firmware on both slots before installing.

Any need to flash C63 firmware before updating to the latest release, or can I leave C62? What about if I wanna to update using OTA method?

Vmo x

Sep 16, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
Is there a way to bypass lock screen? when I tried to remove the password it didn't and now I am stuck in the lock screen saying that my password is incorrect.
Yes there is. Read posts above.
I'm on the 0826 build and would like to update. I used the crdroid firmware flash tool to put C62 firmware on both slots before installing.

Any need to flash C63 firmware before updating to the latest release, or can I leave C62? What about if I wanna to update using OTA method?
I'd recommend updating to C63, I had less bugs on C63 firmware.

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Build 20220912 is ready

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/lemonade/8#changelog
Download: https://crdroid.net/lemonade/8

Small note:
In case you still have issues with keystore / keymaster, do following:
1. Download c.63 firmware and flash it
2. Download keymaster.img
3. Boot to fastbootd (note fastbootD not fastboot) and flash keymaster
Code:
fastboot flash --slot=all keymaster keymaster-op9.img
Clean flash recommended in case of issues

Last edited by a moderator:

xontax

Dec 17, 2011
OnePlus 9
Can you please check the newest boot.img ? I think it might conflict with the firmware update c.63. It doesn't reboot in recovery after flashing the recovery from the download site. Anyway there seems to be a recovery included in the firmware update which works

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Can you please check the newest boot.img ? I think it might conflict with the firmware update c.63. It doesn't reboot in recovery after flashing the recovery from the download site. Anyway there seems to be a recovery included in the firmware update which works
MD5 is valid for boot.img
same MD5 on build server and SF, so should work good

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • OOS 12 firmware is required (from download page, firmware button)
    • Download KIT files (download - this includes dtbo.img and vendor_boot.img)
    • Download recovery (from download page, recovery button - for clean flash, don't use magisk patched boot.img)
    • Optional NikGapps core (download - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Make sure you have OOS 12 firmware installed (you can do this by updating to OOS C.62 or via flash tool)
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash dtbo.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    • Flash vendor_boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    • Flash boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
    • To install gapps, simply sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
    Update installation:
    Via recovery:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

Download:
    ROM: https://crdroid.net/lemonade/8

Known issues:
    - let me know

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid OnePlus 9 Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal