Development [ROM][Android 12L][OOS Cam][OP9Pro] crDroid v8.11 [17.11.2022]

Search This thread

uses0ap

Jan 30, 2010
Experiencing a few bugs on the 30-9-2022 build:

*Split screen long press navigation actions does not work. Nothing happens when long pressed.

*Rapidly pressing app switcher causes recent apps menu to freeze/hang, sometimes nothing happens at all when pressed.

hadesflames

Dec 23, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
@gwolfu Still seeing these kinds of crashes:

On 09/23 build with the keymaster flash on fastbootd having been done. This is when opening the Signal app. I notice it's not the KeyStore exception anymore though but I do also see issues like Aegis reporting that "A change in my device's security settings has been detected" which removes biometric unlock from that app.

I do also get the KeyStore exception on Bitwarden Password Manager:

Basically unable to use those 2 apps at all without restarting. After restarting Aegis allows me to unlock with fingerprint as before without needing to set it up again and everything works fine with all apps for a time until the issues start to reappear.
@gwolfu Can you please respond to this. Those 2 apps are not the only ones that are effectively unusable. There are others too, and I've noticed the system backup isn't working again which I feel like is probably related.

oneplus8user

Aug 3, 2022
Bricked phone while trying to install on new device. Stuck in QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode. I run Linux so any suggestions which do not include MSM Tools would be great!

Reproduce:
- Get new phone out of box. It's on firmware LE2123_11_C.62
- Update to latest version (using OOS OTA, ie. don't download from https://sourceforge.net/projects/crdroid/files/lemonadep/8.x/firmware/) which is LE2123_11_C.64
- Activate developer mode, enable 'OEM unlocking' and USB debugging, then run:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
sudo fastboot oem unlook
- Boot into system and setup again, confirming in developer options that device is now unlocked, then run:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
sudo fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
sudo fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
- While still in fastboot mode use keys on phone to boot to recovery.
- Screen shows regular boot screen (the oneplus "+"). This screen freezes. Wait 5 minutes then try adb devices which reveals that phone is in recovery mode.
- Run adb shell, followed by dmesg (see attached dmesg output)

Bricked state:
From there I tried rebooting to system which brought me to the Qualcomm CrashDump Mode. If I boot into fastboot mode from power off state it says:
PRODUCT_NAME - lahaina
VARIANT - SM_ UFS

Smedslund

Sep 6, 2013
Stockholm
OnePlus 9 Pro
Bricked phone while trying to install on new device. Stuck in QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode. I run Linux so any suggestions which do not include MSM Tools would be great!

Reproduce:
- Update to latest version (using OOS OTA, ie. don't download from https://sourceforge.net/projects/crdroid/files/lemonadep/8.x/firmware/) which is LE2123_11_C.64
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
sudo fastboot oem unlook
- Boot into system and setup again, confirming in developer options that device is now unlocked, then run:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
- Screen shows regular boot screen (the oneplus "+"). This screen freezes. Wait 5 minutes then try adb devices which reveals that phone is in recovery mode.

Bricked state:
From there I tried rebooting to system which brought me to the Qualcomm CrashDump Mode. If I boot into fastboot mode from power off state it says:
PRODUCT_NAME - lahaina
VARIANT - SM_ UFS
I'm running Linux to. I was ready to flash but after seeing this, I will stay on rooted stock until we find a solution.

hadesflames

Dec 23, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro

Reproduce:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
sudo fastboot oem unlook
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Bricked state:
PRODUCT_NAME - lahaina
VARIANT - SM_ UFS
I'm running Linux to. I was ready to flash but after seeing this, I will stay on rooted stock until we find a solution.
This happens when you install without having C63 on both slots. There's a tool to flash everything for you correctly before the step where you reboot into recovery and install crDroid.
  1. MSM tool to unbrick
  2. Update phone to C.62 or C.63 on stock
  3. Follow steps to unlock etc, reboot to bootloader
  4. Download "OnePlus 9 Pro C.63 Firmware flasher.zip" from OP
    1. Click download from the Download KIT files part, go up a directory and then click on firmware
  5. Run this tool from step 4 above which should flash C.63 firmware to both slots.
  6. Continue clean flash instructions from "Enter fastboot" bullet point
That should work.

Reactions: Samuel Holland

Smedslund

Sep 6, 2013
Stockholm
OnePlus 9 Pro
This happens when you install without having C63 on both slots. There's a tool to flash everything for you correctly before the step where you reboot into recovery and install crDroid.
  1. MSM tool to unbrick
  2. Update phone to C.62 or C.63 on stock
  3. Follow steps to unlock etc, reboot to bootloader
  4. Download "OnePlus 9 Pro C.63 Firmware flasher.zip" from OP
    1. Click download from the Download KIT files part, go up a directory and then click on firmware
  5. Run this tool from step 4 above which should flash C.63 firmware to both slots.
  6. Continue clean flash instructions from "Enter fastboot" bullet point
That should work.
You can't use MSN tool in linux..

Appreciative

Mar 6, 2015
We are looking for any other solution, is that wrong? And my phone is working fine.
You may be able to use edl tools to flash the partitions individually. I have not tested that. I have only used the tools to dump partitions from my phone, not write them.

If link gets blocked, it's bkerler GitHub, edl

I had trouble with my laptop because of usb3. Using the livedvd and usb2 cable, I was able to dump partitions. Using the regular 9 Loader from included loaders

elmasrydev

Sep 16, 2020
I have oneplus 9 pro china model LE2120 and i have installed crdroid 8.9 according these steps

1. 11.2.2.2.LE15AA flash using msm-tool
name: lemonadep_22_O.05_210324.zip
size: 3.52 GB

2. 11.2.10.10.LE15AA update over ota
name: LE2125_11.C.48_1480_202204082113
size: 522 MB

3. LE2125_11_C.48 GLO update over local update
name: c25ef64fe37b632b526e0cef2f36fa046e35c032.zip
size: 4.06 GB

4. LE2125_11_C.61 GLO update over local update
name: f138da8399c3cd4479500bd5f829621ec7c6c5e1.zip
size: 1.49 GB

5. LE2125_11_C.62 GLO update over local update
name: 49b5c03b5338ea0ce5943e2b8b79cb2575a61d6a.zip
size: 128 MB

6. LE2125_11_C.63 GLO update over local update
name: 462e7319d8625be7cd2a156ebbc8651ed878760d.zip
size: 700 MB

then i used the following commands

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo-30.08.2022.img
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot-30.08.2022.img
fastboot flash boot boot-20221002.img
adb sideload crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220923-lemonadep-v8.9.zip
adb sideload NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220908-signed.zip

as per now i have issues regarding the keystore thing

1. some apps crashes like snapchat.
2. other apps just log me out like instagram.
3. regarding google authenticator i go through importing steps and after i import accounts from other phone it shows authenticator welcome screen.
4. the most painful issue is pin unlock or pattern after few minutes or hours of using if you try to unlock screen using pin or pattern it will off screen and show you locked screen again but face and finger works fine.

so is there any procedure i should follow here ?

i have read about flashing keymaster file and by they way i didn't use c.63 firmware batch provided on the website.

i would like to keep my current setup of the rom with its app and configuration and i also noticed there are build updates of the rom available now

in short i want to fix keystore thing and update rom without losing data, how to achieve this ? thanks

oneplus8user

Aug 3, 2022
Cool, I'll give it a try and post back. Before I try getting VirtualBox and usb port forwarding to work I'll see if I can't pull the hopefully working images from the other slot to repair the slot I messed up...

Reactions: hadesflames

oneplus8user

Aug 3, 2022
Cool, I'll give it a try and post back. Before I try getting VirtualBox and usb port forwarding to work I'll see if I can't pull the hopefully working images from the other slot to repair the slot I messed up...
UPDATE: that did not work!

I switched to the other slot and tried booting the system without sucess, so I figured it wouldn't help copying that to the other slot.

Next I tried downloading the stock rom from oneplus.com, extracting all the .img files from the payload.bin within the rom.zip and flashing them but ran into 3 problems:
  • Despite having run sudo fastboot flashing unlock_critical and confirming with sudo fastboot oem device-info that critical partitions are unlocked, I still get FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions.)
  • Partitions vendor, product, and system fail with: FAILED (remote: Partition not found)
  • Partition odm fails with: FAILED (remote: (odm_b) No such partition)
Finally I tried flashing the LineageOS recovery following these instructions since they only specify you need to be on Android 12, not a specific firmware. The flash succeeded, but I when I try booting into recovery it just returns me to fastboot.

oneplus8user

Aug 3, 2022
I also have a new problem: the phone won't charge!

I've tried multiple chargers (both new fastcharge ones, old 1A ones, and straight into laptop usb ports) and cords, all of which work with other phones, but no luck! Using power meters (both in wall socket and in laptop usb) I can see it drawing minimal current (0.02A @ 230VAC and [email protected] respectively) but when I try booting I just get the red lightningbolt...

How could this have happened??

oneplus8user

Aug 3, 2022
UPDATE: Back to where we started! Phone is now working and running stock Oxygen OS 11.2.2.2.LE15BA (Android 11)

I finally gave up and used the MSM Tool to restore my device, it worked great. A few notes which may help others:
  • Download Stock ROM+MSM Tool from here. I was confused because I though the link was only the ROM (since it had a version number), but turns out the MSM Tool was inside the archive
  • Download the required Qualcomm drivers from here (.exe file for simple installation) or here (.cab file which is more manual). The first one worked for me. You know you've succeeded when you connect your phone in EDL mode to your computer and Device Manager shows Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008. If it shows QHSUSB_BULK then it's not working and you need to try the second method.
  • Once you have the drivers working this guide explains the steps to using the MSM Tool with pretty pictures.
  • The MSM Tool took 394 seconds to flash the stock ROM

For closure on my previous posts:
VirtualBox and EDL do NOT mix. There are many posts about it, don't do it! Just install Windows 8.1 on a seperate machine and be done with it.

UPDATE: that did not work!

I switched to the other slot and tried booting the system without sucess, so I figured it wouldn't help copying that to the other slot.

Next I tried downloading the stock rom from oneplus.com, extracting all the .img files from the payload.bin within the rom.zip and flashing them but ran into 3 problems:
  • Despite having run sudo fastboot flashing unlock_critical and confirming with sudo fastboot oem device-info that critical partitions are unlocked, I still get FAILED (remote: Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions.)
  • Partitions vendor, product, and system fail with: FAILED (remote: Partition not found)
  • Partition odm fails with: FAILED (remote: (odm_b) No such partition)
Finally I tried flashing the LineageOS recovery following these instructions since they only specify you need to be on Android 12, not a specific firmware. The flash succeeded, but I when I try booting into recovery it just returns me to fastboot.
It turns out Android now uses something called Dynamic Partitions which implies that vendor, product, and system are all baked into a super partition... long story short I would avoid the above method.

I also have a new problem: the phone won't charge!

I've tried multiple chargers (both new fastcharge ones, old 1A ones, and straight into laptop usb ports) and cords, all of which work with other phones, but no luck! Using power meters (both in wall socket and in laptop usb) I can see it drawing minimal current (0.02A @ 230VAC and [email protected] respectively) but when I try booting I just get the red lightningbolt...

How could this have happened??
No clue why this happened, but when I got the stock ROM back it worked like normal again.

valtronic

Jun 8, 2010
London
OnePlus 9 Pro
Some apps (Signal, Wise banking, Slack, Lastpass + Authenticator) keep crashing or loosing their Logins ever since the 23.09 build for me. I can only fix this by rebooting. Is that a rom problem or a rooting problem? Guess I would have to try the rom without root.

oneplus8user

Aug 3, 2022
edit: Status [UNSOLVED] I ended up switching to LineageOS instead which worked right away

Same issue again, despite starting from correct C.63 firmware!

See new dmesg output attached.

Reproduce:
1. MSM back to stock
2. Update to LE2123_11.C.61_1610_202206141855 using OOS OTA updates.
3. Used the provided C.63 firmware flasher (btw. there is a bug in the Update-firmware.sh which is not present in the .bat: it tries to flash a 'vm' partition instead of 'vm-bootsys').
4. Then I flash dtbo, vendor_boot and boot only to get the same error I did here:

Reproduce:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
sudo fastboot oem unlook
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Bricked state:
PRODUCT_NAME - lahaina
VARIANT - SM_ UFS

Last edited:

Bugscze

Sep 23, 2011
I had same problem as you before. I managed to boot into recovery but I can't remember how because I tried so many commands...

Can you try this
Code:
fastboot --set-active=other
and reflash dtbo, vendor_boot and boot again?

You can also try:
Code:
fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b boot.img

I remember that was possible to boot TWRP by
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Build 20221031 is ready

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/8#changelog
    Download: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/8

Join the chat on Telegram @ https://t.me/crDroidOP9
    It says the zip can not be found
    Re-uploaded
    Should be up in like 10 minutes (as soon as SF mirrors it)
    1667234662819.png
    Build 20221117 is ready

I'd ask this in the v9.0 thread but seems fine here no issues
    sorry, yea wrong thread but I'm trying it and no issue yet.
    Hi, my device failed to boot and continue after boot animation after installing latest OTA,
    im rooted and was using build 17.10 before installing 31.10 now
    Try reflashing gapps
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • OOS 12 firmware is required (from download page, firmware button)
    • Download KIT files (download - this includes dtbo.img and vendor_boot.img)
    • Download recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • Optional NikGapps core (download - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Make sure you have OOS 12 firmware installed (see above to download)
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash dtbo.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    • Flash vendor_boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    • Flash boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
    • To install gapps, simply sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
    Update installation:
    Via recovery:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
    • Reboot
    Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/lemonadep

Known issues:
    - let me know

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid OnePlus 9 Pro Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    Build 20220826 is ready

OOS Cam ready baby :)

Build 20220313 is ready

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 5.4.184
    - Added option to change the length of gesture navbar
    - Added option to change back gesture height
    - Added kill option to notification guts
    - Added burnin protection
    - Added Flipendo (Pixel exclusive extreme battery saver - see battery options)
    - Added smartspace
    - Reverted inclusion of CameraGo (needs gapps and not everyone uses gapps)
    - Further improvements here and there
    - OTA Updater improvements
    - Updated translations

Note: Pre-patched magisk boot.img has been patched with latest Magisk 24.3, so do make sure to also update Magisk apk

Build 20220328 is ready marking the debut of Android 12L based crDroid
    With this build, do note that a clean flash is recommended if coming from any other pre 8.3 build
    This update won't be pushed via OTA if you also run any previous crDroid 8.3 build, but all upcoming updates will
    Do also note that it may be possible to not have carrier service in some cases.
    In order to fix that, do install crDroid, boot to it once, reboot to system again and it should get signal then... Still investigating root cause of this.

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 8.3
    - Changed base code to Android 12L
    - Lots and lots of changes to count, so update and check yourself :)

Thanks a lot for non-gapps build.
    guess anyone can install gapps when they want google stuff added
    so with crDroid 8, we no longer per-bundle gapps