Development [ROM][Android 12L][OOS Cam][OP9Pro] crDroid v8.11 [28.11.2022]

Search This thread

Longuinhas

Sep 20, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 5
OnePlus 3
Just flashed this and so far the ROM is fantastic. Great customization and performance. I just noticed a couple of things. In oos cam, in 4k video, when you select from 30 to 60 fps mode, the phone crash completely and go into Qualcomm Crash dump mode. Also, I'm curious to know if you plan to add an option to change between FHD+ and QHD+. Keep up the great work.

melon23

Jun 5, 2016
I solved my problems with unlocking banking applications and the lock screen after last updates.
Maybe it will be helpful for some people.

-remove old fingerprints
-remove the screen unlock code
-remove face unlock
(I disabled all screen unlock options)
-restart phone
-add all security options again

Great rom👍thanks

eckoello

Apr 11, 2020
I have the Oneplus 9 Pro LE 2120 (CN). I have a massive problem with the connection quality when making a call with Bluetooth (in the car). The quality is so bad that a normal phone call is not possible. Direct phone calls without Bluetooth are normal. I didn't have the problem with the Oneplus 7 Pro with Android 11 (crDroid 7.13). I also reinstalled the original software (C63 with Android 12) as a test, I had no problems. I couldn't find anything about this problem here in the forum either (I hope I haven't overlooked anything). Maybe someone has a tip for me?
Nobody with this problem? Or nobody any idea? This problem is making me crazy.

Nobody with this problem? Or nobody any idea? This problem is making me crazy.
The problem is also present in LineageOS 19.1, on which crDroid 8.x is based. It is very annoying, and as you said, it only happens on phone calls, not media playback. Lots of people noticing the problem, but no indications that it's being worked on.

hadesflames

Dec 23, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
@gwolfu Still seeing these kinds of crashes:

On 09/23 build with the keymaster flash on fastbootd having been done. This is when opening the Signal app. I notice it's not the KeyStore exception anymore though but I do also see issues like Aegis reporting that "A change in my device's security settings has been detected" which removes biometric unlock from that app.

I do also get the KeyStore exception on Bitwarden Password Manager:

Basically unable to use those 2 apps at all without restarting. After restarting Aegis allows me to unlock with fingerprint as before without needing to set it up again and everything works fine with all apps for a time until the issues start to reappear.

WinterNya

May 4, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi 4X
OnePlus 9 Pro
Getting a Play Protect certified install on the EU phone (LE2123):
  • Pass SafetyNet with the method gwolfu described here
  • Install MagiskHidePropsConf
  • Open Terminal as root, (for example Termux or adb shell and type in su), run props to configure the module
  • Select 5 - Add/edit custom props
  • Add the following props (Taken from OxygenOS 12 LE2123_11_C.64, if looking up in the future when crDroid does not use C.63 firmware make sure to get updated props from the relevant OOS version):
    • ro.build.fingerprint
      Code:
      OnePlus/OnePlus9Pro_EEA/OnePlus9Pro:12/RKQ1.211119.001/R.GDPR.202208171117:user/release-keys
    • ro.build.description
      Code:
      OnePlus9Pro_EEA-user 12 RKQ1.211119.001 R.GDPR.202208171117 release-keys
  • Reboot phone
  • Wipe Google Play Store data
  • Run Google Play Store, close it, run again
  • Your device is now Play Protect certified

uses0ap

Jan 30, 2010
First time rooting / installing custom rom on Oneplus 9 Pro Global LE2125 (coming from oneplus 6t & twrp).

I'm a little confused on this statement in the guide to achieve root:
  • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)

Can anyone help dumb this down for me step by step?
Where does this step fit in the 'First time installation (clean flash)' ?

I was able to locate/download the latest boot.img (boot-20220923.img) via download page. I've also downloaded the latest magisk (v25.2) apk.

Is magisk.apk sideloaded via adb? Or do I have to manually create a patched boot.img?

hadesflames

Dec 23, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
First time rooting / installing custom rom on Oneplus 9 Pro Global LE2125 (coming from oneplus 6t & twrp).

I'm a little confused on this statement in the guide to achieve root:

Can anyone help dumb this down for me step by step?
Where does this step fit in the 'First time installation (clean flash)' ?

I was able to locate/download the latest boot.img (boot-20220923.img) via download page. I've also downloaded the latest magisk (v25.2) apk.

Is magisk.apk sideloaded via adb? Or do I have to manually create a patched boot.img?
It's in the order that it appears in. After crDroid and gapps have been installed you may choose to root your device. Sideloading the apk seems to work but that method is not officially supported anymore so I prefer patching the boot.img file and then booting into it from fastboot then using direct install from the magisk app to root.

So basically, after crDroid is installed and you are able to boot normally, patch the boot.img with magisk app

reboot to bootloader

fastboot boot magisk-patched-boot.img

Open magisk app and direct install.

That's my preferred method anyway.

uses0ap

Jan 30, 2010
It's in the order that it appears in. After crDroid and gapps have been installed you may choose to root your device. Sideloading the apk seems to work but that method is not officially supported anymore so I prefer patching the boot.img file and then booting into it from fastboot then using direct install from the magisk app to root.

So basically, after crDroid is installed and you are able to boot normally, patch the boot.img with magisk app

reboot to bootloader

fastboot boot magisk-patched-boot.img

Open magisk app and direct install.

That's my preferred method anyway.
Thanks for the input!!

olliiiver

Mar 12, 2018
The problem is also present in LineageOS 19.1, on which crDroid 8.x is based. It is very annoying, and as you said, it only happens on phone calls, not media playback. Lots of people noticing the problem, but no indications that it's being worked on.
Great to hear that I'm not alone.

The opposite is very bad to hear and audio is like there is a buffer or encoding error. Like a broken MP3.

I can confirm:
  • The issue exists also on pure LineageOS 19.1
  • It does not depend on any firmware. Tried c62 and c63
  • The new Android 13 ROMs do also have the issue
  • Changing bluetooth settings in developer options does not help
  • A OnePlus 7 Pro with latest crDroid / Android 12 works without any issues
What I haven't tried yet:
  • Collect logs (maybe there is something suspicious)
  • Flash vendor OS, collect all firmware updates and flash crDroid again (but as I see that does not help)
  • Going back to older Android 11 ROMs
Sorry to post this here, but I can't find any other issues / tickets anywhere else ...

Great to hear that I'm not alone.

The opposite is very bad to hear and audio is like there is a buffer or encoding error. Like a broken MP3.

I can confirm:
  • The issue exists also on pure LineageOS 19.1
  • It does not depend on any firmware. Tried c62 and c63
  • The new Android 13 ROMs do also have the issue
  • Changing bluetooth settings in developer options does not help
  • A OnePlus 7 Pro with latest crDroid / Android 12 works without any issues
It does make me wonder if other Android 12 ROMs for the 9 Pro have this problem. I'd try others myself but my 9 Pro is my daily driver and I don't want to mess up what's working (and LOS/crDroid recovery wipes out everything when you select the factory reset option, and I don't feel like reloading files in storage on my phone every single time; makes me long for a working TWRP that can wipe data without wiping all storage). If other ROMs have this problem, I'd say it's a driver/binaries issue; if they don't, it's almost certainly an LOS issue.

Methisfaction

Mar 6, 2011
guys, i guess i bricked my phone. i wanted to flash, but it seems that i was not on Android 12 firmware, but Android 12.1.
Now my phone is stuck on boot Screen (Cannot, recovery, or bootloader anymore)

Can someone help? Is it rescueable?

EDIT: i can boot fastboot mode....i guess i have to reply everything with C.63 Firmware
EDIT2: Everything went well. Gonna test the rom now :)

Last edited:

hadesflames

Dec 23, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
guys, i guess i bricked my phone. i wanted to flash, but it seems that i was not on Android 12 firmware, but Android 12.1.
Now my phone is stuck on boot Screen (Cannot, recovery, or bootloader anymore)

Can someone help? Is it rescueable?

EDIT: i can boot fastboot mode....i guess i have to reply everything with C.63 Firmware
EDIT2: Everything went well. Gonna test the rom now :)
For the future, you can always recover from a bricked state even if you can't boot into bootloader or anything else at all with MSM tool. As long as you can get it to detect EDL even if for only an instant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Build 20221117 is ready

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/8#changelog
    Download: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/8

Join the chat on Telegram @ https://t.me/crDroidOP9
    no willing to force push anyone to crDroid 9, but you should move there as doesn't happen there
    this issue is keystore related and somehow caused by firmware/kernel/android version combo without proper way to reproduce as happens randomly with some and no issues at all with others
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • OOS 12 firmware is required (from download page, firmware button)
    • Download KIT files (download - this includes dtbo.img and vendor_boot.img)
    • Download recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • Optional NikGapps core (download - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Make sure you have OOS 12 firmware installed (see above to download)
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash dtbo.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    • Flash vendor_boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    • Flash boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
    • To install gapps, simply sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
    Update installation:
    Via recovery:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
    • Reboot
    Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/lemonadep

Known issues:
    - let me know

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid OnePlus 9 Pro Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    Build 20220826 is ready

OOS Cam ready baby :)

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/8#changelog
    Download: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/8

Build 20220313 is ready

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 5.4.184
    - Added option to change the length of gesture navbar
    - Added option to change back gesture height
    - Added kill option to notification guts
    - Added burnin protection
    - Added Flipendo (Pixel exclusive extreme battery saver - see battery options)
    - Added smartspace
    - Reverted inclusion of CameraGo (needs gapps and not everyone uses gapps)
    - Further improvements here and there
    - OTA Updater improvements
    - Updated translations

Note: Pre-patched magisk boot.img has been patched with latest Magisk 24.3, so do make sure to also update Magisk apk

Build 20220328 is ready marking the debut of Android 12L based crDroid
    With this build, do note that a clean flash is recommended if coming from any other pre 8.3 build
    This update won't be pushed via OTA if you also run any previous crDroid 8.3 build, but all upcoming updates will
    Do also note that it may be possible to not have carrier service in some cases.
    In order to fix that, do install crDroid, boot to it once, reboot to system again and it should get signal then... Still investigating root cause of this.

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 8.3
    - Changed base code to Android 12L
    - Lots and lots of changes to count, so update and check yourself :)

Thanks a lot for non-gapps build.
    guess anyone can install gapps when they want google stuff added
    so with crDroid 8, we no longer per-bundle gapps