[ROM][Android 12L][OP7Pro] crDroid v8.11 [28.11.2022]

Search This thread

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Reactions: slayerdiabolus

theslam08

CJ74753

Nov 16, 2008
I keep getting "You're Offline" when I try to access the Google Play Store with CrDroid 8.7 and the latest GAPPS. I've wiped my phone and tried a fresh install. Has anyone seen this happen before? Tried wiping the Play Store cache and storage, restarted but still no luck.

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
I keep getting "You're Offline" when I try to access the Google Play Store with CrDroid 8.7 and the latest GAPPS. I've wiped my phone and tried a fresh install. Has anyone seen this happen before? Tried wiping the Play Store cache and storage, restarted but still no luck.
grant network access to play store in app permission settings

CJ74753

Nov 16, 2008
Ended up just downloading CrDroid again and flashing the core GAPPS. It went back to working, hoping 8.7 won't crash as much, I would check my phone at times and it would be on a black screen talking about a crash dump. When it crashes like this does posting the log from MatLog help you fix this? Appreciate all your work!
grant network access to play store in app permission settings

theslam08

Ended up just downloading CrDroid again and flashing the core GAPPS. It went back to working, hoping 8.7 won't crash as much, I would check my phone at times and it would be on a black screen talking about a crash dump. When it crashes like this does posting the log from MatLog help you fix this? Appreciate all your work!
It's odd I've never gotten a crashdump with crDroid. Some do, most don't.

And no, unfortunately once you restart the phone the "log" for the crashdump is gone. And the only way to get it is through a windows program and going through a few steps while the crashdump screen is still up on the phone. This log would help the dev, yes. The guide is here: https://pastebin.com/GGaRZ2nJ

Reactions: CJ74753

theslam08

Can this TWRP 3.6.2_12 - by Master | OnePlus 7 Pro also be used for this Rom?
You could try it if you want, some have some luck with it some don't.

Personally, I tried it (spent hours) and wasn't able to get it to work. It wouldn't decrypt my partitions, once I wiped/formatted it said it failed to decrypt, then it said the internal storage and /data partition was missing (I've seen others with the same problems). Only way to recover was to flash a proper boot.img. If you try it, good luck.

CJ74753

Nov 16, 2008

And no, unfortunately once you restart the phone the "log" for the crashdump is gone. And the only way to get it is through a windows program and going through a few steps while the crashdump screen is still up on the phone. This log would help the dev, yes. The guide is here: https://pastebin.com/GGaRZ2nJ
I'll load that software up on my laptop so that I can capture the log when it locks up. I'm hoping to get away from the crashdumps, hopefully, this information will help with that.

EDIT: Okay, there seems to be a couple of different options regarding USB driver install, WWAN-DHCP or ETHERNET-DHCP. The pastebin instructions were very vague, and I can't seem to get it to show the phone just connecting it with the program running.

Last edited:

theslam08

I'll load that software up on my laptop so that I can capture the log when it locks up. I'm hoping to get away from the crashdumps, hopefully, this information will help with that.

EDIT: Okay, there seems to be a couple of different options regarding USB driver install, WWAN-DHCP or ETHERNET-DHCP. The pastebin instructions were very vague, and I can't seem to get it to show the phone just connecting it with the program running.
I actually haven't tried the guide myself because as I mentioned I haven't had a crashdump yet (knock-on-wood lol)

I'm guessing you may have already gotten the correct drivers if you're mentioning the wwan-dhcp or ethernet-dhcp options, but in case you didn't, try the guide here: https://www.droidwin.com/download-install-qualcomm-hs-usb-qdloader-9008-drivers/ then choose the MANUAL option. That might do what you need it to do - but unfortunately I can't really give exact/personal advice as I havn't tried the guide personally, but I have heard it works and seen people report logs with it (on telegram).

Reactions: CJ74753

dwellernet

Nov 29, 2009
Returning to custom roms I cocked up a bit and unlocked the bootloader from 12 beta, which wiped the phone now stuck in fastboot. I appreciate I missed this will cause problems but I have searched everywhere and been trying all day (still stuck)... can anyone give tips to recover my phone? would like a custom rom but cant even get into a recovery (TWRP does not support and CRdroid etc will still just stay in fastboot.

Thanks for any support.

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Returning to custom roms I cocked up a bit and unlocked the bootloader from 12 beta, which wiped the phone now stuck in fastboot. I appreciate I missed this will cause problems but I have searched everywhere and been trying all day (still stuck)... can anyone give tips to recover my phone? would like a custom rom but cant even get into a recovery (TWRP does not support and CRdroid etc will still just stay in fastboot.

Thanks for any support.
use MSM download tool to restore stock

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
see MSM thread for that
either driver issue, or user error
for me Windows always auto installed the proper driver and as for app use, simply power off phone, open MSM, choose other, select phone variant (in my case EU), hold vol up + vol down, connect to USB, click enum button, click start and 300 seconds later (or so) done

dwellernet

Nov 29, 2009
see MSM thread for that
either driver issue, or user error
for me Windows always auto installed the proper driver and as for app use, simply power off phone, open MSM, choose other, select phone variant (in my case EU), hold vol up + vol down, connect to USB, click enum button, click start and 300 seconds later (or so) done
Thanks for your help, turned out to be the driver sig when hitting EDL. All sorted and back to custom which I have missed.

jfsat

Alright, I've tried the 8/5 build and the 8/6 build, and both won't finish booting. I'm getting modem crashes. I followed these instructions, and I've posted the log in the above link. I hope I can get some help. I love this ROM, but I'm on a February build (8.2).

Edit: I should probably add that this was originally the T-Mo variant, but I converted it to global. And I hope this isn't an issue since I have an older version of this ROM working.

Last edited:

gwolfu

Recognized Developer

Alright, I've tried the 8/5 build and the 8/6 build, and both won't finish booting. I'm getting modem crashes. I followed these instructions, and I've posted the log in the above link. I hope I can get some help. I love this ROM, but I'm on a February build (8.2).

Edit: I should probably add that this was originally the T-Mo variant, but I converted it to global. And I hope this isn't an issue since I have an older version of this ROM working.
If modem crashes, make sure to update modem also

Zocker1304

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 7 Pro
As far as I tested this only happens if you install the updates via OTA. If you flash them via sideload every time this does not occur to happen again.

forgot to upload
is up now

no logcat, didn't happen
Sent you the logcat via pm.

Top Liked Posts

@gwolfu

Any idea how long will you continue to maintain these builds? Are you ending them in favor of v9 soon?

Thanks
    🙏
    gwolfu , thanks for your hard work. with the release of 9, do you think we'll see a fix on the crashdump thing? I'm not sure who's responsibility it is to work on that crashdump, either the developers or the device maintainer.
    Has anybody confirmed a fix or resolution? I don't think I want to jump to 9 until it has the features I use each day from 8.
    99% of the time is is a firmware issue of not being up to date. You'll want to flash OOS, get to 11.0.9.1 (I believe is the latest of OOS 11) then flashing this ROM there should be no crash dumps. For v9 there is an updater to flash the latest OOS 12 firmware that the dev has provided for us which you can use to get to the latest firmware for that ROM.

If it only happens on this ROM (that you get crash dumps on) then I'd recommend helping the dev pinpoint the issue by getting a log when it happens, if possible. It's the only way the dev can help you with the crashdumps. I've never had one on this ROM (or v9). Use this guide here: https://pastebin.com/GGaRZ2nJ
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • At this time, OOS 11 firmware is mandatory (OOS 12 firmware will result in boot issues)
    • Download recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • Optional NikGapps core (download - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash our boot.img in fastboot
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
    • To install gapps, simply sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
    Update installation:
    Via recovery:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/guacamole

Known issues:
    - none known

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid OnePlus 7 Pro Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    Build 20201226 is ready

Changelog:
    - Added back Backgrounds app
    - Added clear all button on bottom when getting recents apps view
    - Added blur option toggle switch (Settings -> Display -> Enable blurs)
    - Added lock screen clock styles
    - Improved QS icons support with substratum
    - Test fix for cam pop while not in use in some scenarios
    - Set 90Hz as default refresh rate on clean install
    - Updated Gallery2 app
    - Updated vendor blobs from OOS 10.3.7
    - Updated build fingerprint to OOS 10.3.7
    - Switched to release-keys build tag (helps with some apps ex banking apps to not crash)
    - Some more tweaks here and there
    - Some other things I've definetly forgot because of too much beer :)

Join the chat on Telegram @ https://t.me/crDroidOP7Pro
    Build 20210418 is ready

!!! WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!
    --- This version requires clean flashing ---
    --- You have been warned ---

Before you proceed updating to this build, is mandatory to flash OOS 11.0.0.2 firmware
    Please rely to
    this post to do so (and preserve TWRP)

- Initial crDroid 7.5 code base
    - Updated to OOS 11 blobs
    - Updated to April security patches (android-11.0.0_r34)
    - Updated kernel to LOS version with our small goodies
    - Updated kernel clang compiler to 12.0.5
    - Enabled SeLinux (Enforcing)
    - Updated Launcher
    - Updated SQLite
    - Rebased on top of LOS device tree
    - Added some more apps to PixelPropsUtils
    - Added option to use primary system color for QS tile icon
    - Added OnePlus Sans font
    - Added OnePlus lockscreen clock style
    - Added screenshot quality setting
    - Added long screenshot option
    - Added OnePlus name as default wifi hotspot name
    - Reworked screenshots menu
    - Fixed 5 GHz wifi hotspot
    - Fixed NFC secure_element crashes
    - Fixed FOD in some use cases (hopefully for good)
    - Fixed double tap to wake in some cases
    - Fixed color profiles
    - Fixed Google hotword enrollment (Hey Google)
    - Some more under the hood fixes
    - Removed Display modes for OnePlus Settings as we now rely on LiveDisplay (Settings -> Display -> LiveDisplay)
    - Removed OP Cam (for now - will get revisited later)
    - Removed encryption for now until TWRP is ready
    - Updated translations

Build 20210124 is ready

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.14.217
    - Added option to manually reset battery stats from Settings -> Battery
    - Added fast charge info to Battery info in Settings
    - Added device codename to About version window
    - Added full kernel info on tapping kernel text from About version window
    - Added platform and RAM info to Model & Hardware
    - Added in call vibration options (crDroid Settings -> Notifications)
    - Added navbar height adjustment for back gesture
    - Fixed occasional SystemUI force close when using Network Traffic Monitor
    - Lowered labet text size on Launcher when using 5x5 grid
    - Some other improvements made to Launcher
    - Some other small improvements to stability
    - Updated translations

Build 20210207 is ready

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 7.3 code base
    - Updated to February security patches (android-11.0.0_r29)
    - Updated vendor blobs from OOS 10.3.8
    - Updated build fingerprint to OOS 10.3.8
    - Updated zlib, cpu_features, arm-optimized-routines, giflib, libjpeg-turbo, bionic, art, scudo, vixl, libyuv, libvpx
    - Added option for tint QS Tile with accent color (crDroid Settings -> Quick Settings)
    - Added option to enable AOD on charging only (crDroid Settings -> User interface -> Ambient Display)
    - Added visual voicemail configs from Google Dialer
    - Added option to show pulze (visualizer) on ambient screen (crDroid Settings -> Sound -> Pulse -> Ambient pulse)
    - Added option to show/hide QS footer icons (User account, Edit tiles icon, Running services shortcut, Settings shortcut)
    - Added ambient display edge ligthning options (crDroid Settings -> User interface -> Ambient Display)
    - Added option to suppress notifications sound/vibration if screen is ON (crDroid Settings -> Notifications)
    - Added 4 more FOD animations (Shine, Smoke, Strings, Quantum)
    - Added 2 more FOD icons
    - Increased media volume steps from 15 to 25 (on clean install)
    - Set default voice call volume steps to 7
    - Fixed a possible mount issue for Magisk
    - Some more changes here and there
    - Updated translations