Development [ROM][Android 12L][OOS Cam][OP9Pro] crDroid v8.12 [19.12.2022]

Search This thread

GloriamSemper

Apr 20, 2022
8.4 Update killed all reception to network for me. I went into the *#*#INFO#*#* menu and tried changing around preferred network to no avail. Tried making a t-mobile apn but that didn't work either. Help!

Edit: All info on my sim looks correct and normal too. Wifi and everything else works fine, just zero network/cell service.
If I force a downgrade via sideload in recovery, do I risk losing my other data?

Update: downgrade didn't bring back reception. MSM'ing back to start. Dammit. T-Mobile users beware this update!

Last edited:

kury377

Mar 16, 2022
Some functional enhancements to expect,although I d't know if this is possible:
1 Add 4G/5G conversion on the tile
2 User can turn off the volume adjustment up-split application button, which is messy
3 It may be recognized as abnormal ROM by some software (Nameless will not)
4 Add a valid charging AOD display

微信图片_20220511160630.jpg

微信图片_20220511155919.jpg

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Build 20220514 is ready

Changelog:
- Initial crDroid 8.5
- Updated to May security patches (android-12.1.0_r5)
- Updated kernel to Linux 5.4.192
- Enabled Battery Health info (charing cycles seems broken - will check later)
- Fixed manual network selection with old modem
- Added Pixel like Wallpaper colors support in ThemePicker
- Other ThemePicker fixes
- Added on-shot auto-brightness
- Launcher updates for icons
- Updated Chromium
- Fixed possible app crashes due to changes in libcore
- Some other small changes here and there
- Updated translations

Last edited by a moderator:

kkalkan

Oct 8, 2011
antalya
The rom is very good but I have a problem. When I make a call, the other party's phone does not ring. no phone ringing. How can I fix.

hadesflames

Dec 23, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Following instructions to the letter, after I sideload crDroid and then reboot to recovery so that I can sideload gapps, at that point my phone becomes basically dead. It boots me into the bootloader and every option in the bootloader just brings me back to the bootloader except power off which does just turn the phone off. Incidentally, I noticed the security warning thing from having the bootloader unlocked doesn't show anymore before the bootloader.

Any ideas what the issue is? I am coming from OOS 11, in fact I had to use MSM tool to recover my phone as nothing else worked, and then I tried again from completely clean post MSM and the exact same thing happened 2 or 3 times in a row.

Following instructions to the letter, after I sideload crDroid and then reboot to recovery so that I can sideload gapps, at that point my phone becomes basically dead. It boots me into the bootloader and every option in the bootloader just brings me back to the bootloader except power off which does just turn the phone off. Incidentally, I noticed the security warning thing from having the bootloader unlocked doesn't show anymore before the bootloader.

Any ideas what the issue is? I am coming from OOS 11, in fact I had to use MSM tool to recover my phone as nothing else worked, and then I tried again from completely clean post MSM and the exact same thing happened 2 or 3 times in a row.
What was the OOS11 version you used to flash CrDroid over?

I'm actually not sure what version I used for the first attempt. I was on OOS 12 so I downgraded using the rollback package from here.

All attempts after that was after clean MSM tool restore on OOS 11.2.2.2.LE15AA
The reason you are entering fastboot is because you're not on the latest OOS11 regardless of your clean flash, plus, you need to have OOS11 in both slot of your phone.

Follow this:

MSM once more your device, then update to the latest OOS11 (OTA update) which is 11.2.10.10

After that, unlock your bootloader, and flash the OOS11 package (You can get it here on at XDA) once more locally through the updater app.

When you do that, you can flash the boot.img provided by CrDroid and sideload CrDroid.

When you sideload CrDroid, you need to reboot ONCE more to the recovery before booting into the system to flash Gapps if you need google services.

Reactions: hadesflames

hadesflames

Dec 23, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
The reason you are entering fastboot is because you're not on the latest OOS11 regardless of your clean flash, plus, you need to have OOS11 in both slot of your phone.

Follow this:

MSM once more your device, then update to the latest OOS11 (OTA update) which is 11.2.10.10

After that, unlock your bootloader, and flash the OOS11 package (You can get it here on at XDA) once more locally through the updater app.

When you do that, you can flash the boot.img provided by CrDroid and sideload CrDroid.

When you sideload CrDroid, you need to reboot ONCE more to the recovery before booting into the system to flash Gapps if you need google services.
I'll try this over the weekend. Seems like this is stuff that should be noted in the OP 🤔

hadesflames

Dec 23, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro

Follow this:

Just to clarify:
  1. MSM
  2. Update to 11.2.10.10
  3. Unlock bootloader
  4. Download full zip of 11.2.10.10 to device
  5. Go to system update and apply update from that file
  6. Follow original steps from OP
Is that right?

iRashiD

Jul 30, 2013
SomeWhere
OnePlus 9 Pro
Build 20220514 is ready

Changelog:
- Initial crDroid 8.5
- Updated to May security patches (android-12.1.0_r5)
- Updated kernel to Linux 5.4.192
- Enabled Battery Health info (charing cycles seems broken - will check later)
- Fixed manual network selection with old modem
- Added Pixel like Wallpaper colors support in ThemePicker
- Other ThemePicker fixes
- Added on-shot auto-brightness
- Launcher updates for icons
- Updated Chromium
- Fixed possible app crashes due to changes in libcore
- Some other small changes here and there
- Updated translations

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • OOS 12 firmware is required (from download page, firmware button)
    • Download KIT files (download - this includes dtbo.img and vendor_boot.img)
    • Download recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • Optional NikGapps core (download - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Make sure you have OOS 12 firmware installed (see above to download)
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash dtbo.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    • Flash vendor_boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    • Flash boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
    • To install gapps, simply sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
    Update installation:
    Via recovery:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
    • Reboot
    Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/lemonadep

Known issues:
    - let me know

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid OnePlus 9 Pro Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    Build 20220826 is ready

OOS Cam ready baby :)

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/8#changelog
    Download: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/8
    Build 20220313 is ready

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 5.4.184
    - Added option to change the length of gesture navbar
    - Added option to change back gesture height
    - Added kill option to notification guts
    - Added burnin protection
    - Added Flipendo (Pixel exclusive extreme battery saver - see battery options)
    - Added smartspace
    - Reverted inclusion of CameraGo (needs gapps and not everyone uses gapps)
    - Further improvements here and there
    - OTA Updater improvements
    - Updated translations

Note: Pre-patched magisk boot.img has been patched with latest Magisk 24.3, so do make sure to also update Magisk apk
    Build 20220328 is ready marking the debut of Android 12L based crDroid
    With this build, do note that a clean flash is recommended if coming from any other pre 8.3 build
    This update won't be pushed via OTA if you also run any previous crDroid 8.3 build, but all upcoming updates will
    Do also note that it may be possible to not have carrier service in some cases.
    In order to fix that, do install crDroid, boot to it once, reboot to system again and it should get signal then... Still investigating root cause of this.

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 8.3
    - Changed base code to Android 12L
    - Lots and lots of changes to count, so update and check yourself :)
    Thanks a lot for non-gapps build.
    guess anyone can install gapps when they want google stuff added
    so with crDroid 8, we no longer per-bundle gapps