Development [ROM][Android 12L][OOS Cam][OP9Pro] crDroid v8.12 [19.12.2022]

Search This thread

yangcongpro

May 2, 2022
help me please! put the phone into fastboot mode. I unpacked the firmware flash folder. I click on update firmware. writes waiting for devices. firmware is not installed.
The most stable method
1.Reinstall the phone back to Oxygen and update to the latest version of the system
2.Download all the necessary files, after the operation is complete, remember to unlock the phone OEM
3. After the new system has finished brushing, go to the Entry fastboot installation tutorial mentioned in the C62 firmware, you have to wait for him to run it

Reactions: martyr78

martyr78

Jan 17, 2015
I have almost no internet here where I am. I have downloaded all the files and want to install. I'll be home in a week. Therefore, I wanted to know where I made a mistake in order to correct it.

jokermama

Mar 26, 2021
no need to patch if you installed magisk via zip
No i just installed the ota for 8.8 I had my magisk hidden so had to reinstall the app, now when I go to install the magisk according to instruction I get 'select and patch a file' instead of install to inactive slot. I only have the apk installed sorry I'm new to this

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
No i just installed the ota for 8.8 I had my magisk hidden so had to reinstall the app, now when I go to install the magisk according to instruction I get 'select and patch a file' instead of install to inactive slot. I only have the apk installed sorry I'm new to this
My statement stands
If you install magisk via zip and not by patching boot.img, addon.d should install magisk while doing the OTA install
So, simply reboot and done
In case magisk is lost, simply patch boot.img (listed in recovery on download site) and fastboot flash boot boot.img

jokermama

Mar 26, 2021
My statement stands
If you install magisk via zip and not by patching boot.img, addon.d should install magisk while doing the OTA install
So, simply reboot and done
In case magisk is lost, simply patch boot.img (listed in recovery on download site) and fastboot flash boot boot.img
Maybe I missed something to tell you thank you for your help, time and quick reply

1. I had installed magisk in 8.7v using boot image
2. I install 8.8v via ota so I expect I lost root
3. when I opened magisk to follow after ota instructions it started restoring magisk original apk package which it cant it keeps going. so I uninstalled the magisk apk manually installed magisk 25.2 apk manually

this is where I'm at right now I don't know where to get magisk zip I have not rebooted device after ota yet.
I want to avoid doing fastboot since my current system don't have everything setup.

So What should I do now I get what you are saying but I didn't install a zip I simply installed the apk

The option I'm getting right now in magisk is to select a file to patch so what should I do now

IamTheBRAVE

Maybe I missed something to tell you thank you for your help, time and quick reply

1. I had installed magisk in 8.7v using boot image
2. I install 8.8v via ota so I expect I lost root
3. when I opened magisk to follow after ota instructions it started restoring magisk original apk package which it cant it keeps going. so I uninstalled the magisk apk manually installed magisk 25.2 apk manually

this is where I'm at right now I don't know where to get magisk zip I have not rebooted device after ota yet.
I want to avoid doing fastboot since my current system don't have everything setup.

So What should I do now I get what you are saying but I didn't install a zip I simply installed the apk

The option I'm getting right now in magisk is to select a file to patch so what should I do now
He means rename the .apk to .zip.
The way i do it:
Download magisk.apk on pc , rename to zip, reboot to recovery, adb sideload magisk.zip. reboot. Magisk asks for additional setup.

beast....

Feb 11, 2019
I can't get the notification slider to work on V8.8. I've tried multiple times, but when I installed V8.7 the notification slider worked imminently.

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Latest crDroid 8.8 doesn't (at this time of writing) pass SafetyNet CTS due to outdated PixelPropUtils fingerprint.
So, in order to pass CTS for now, simply use below info.

In order to pass SafetyNet CTS (until we get PixelPropUtils proper fingerprint after Pixels get it from Google), you'll need the following:
Install Magisk
Install MagiskHidePropsConf module
Install a Terminal app (using Terminal Emulator here but any other should work also)

Now after all are installed, open terminal app and type following:
Code:
su
props
n
type: ro.build.version.security_patch
press enter
value: 2022-07-05
press enter
y

Reboot and CTS should now pass

Reactions: rwSN1PER

linoskoczek

Jan 21, 2013
Pretty good piece of software!

However, I have a problem with Alert Slider. I tested it with Flashlight and it works only once when I change the "Use slider for" option.

Steps:
1. Change (physically) slider to any position.
2. Change "Use slider for option" to Flashlight.
3. Flashlight will start according to the physical slider setting.

Any physical move on the slider does not change anything, it seems like it does not monitor the change. It reacts only when setting the "Use slider for option" again or rebooting the phone.

Has anybody faced this issue?

gillim74

Jul 28, 2012
Celina ohio
Pretty good piece of software!

However, I have a problem with Alert Slider. I tested it with Flashlight and it works only once when I change the "Use slider for" option.

Steps:
1. Change (physically) slider to any position.
2. Change "Use slider for option" to Flashlight.
3. Flashlight will start according to the physical slider setting.

Any physical move on the slider does not change anything, it seems like it does not monitor the change. It reacts only when setting the "Use slider for option" again or rebooting the phone.

Has anybody faced this issue?
Its being worked on its a bug.

Reactions: linoskoczek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • OOS 12 firmware is required (from download page, firmware button)
    • Download KIT files (download - this includes dtbo.img and vendor_boot.img)
    • Download recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • Optional NikGapps core (download - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Make sure you have OOS 12 firmware installed (see above to download)
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash dtbo.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    • Flash vendor_boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    • Flash boot.img
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
    • To install gapps, simply sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
    Update installation:
    Via recovery:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
    • Reboot
    Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/lemonadep

Known issues:
    - let me know

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid OnePlus 9 Pro Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    Build 20220826 is ready

OOS Cam ready baby :)

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/8#changelog
    Download: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/8
    Build 20220313 is ready

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Linux 5.4.184
    - Added option to change the length of gesture navbar
    - Added option to change back gesture height
    - Added kill option to notification guts
    - Added burnin protection
    - Added Flipendo (Pixel exclusive extreme battery saver - see battery options)
    - Added smartspace
    - Reverted inclusion of CameraGo (needs gapps and not everyone uses gapps)
    - Further improvements here and there
    - OTA Updater improvements
    - Updated translations

Note: Pre-patched magisk boot.img has been patched with latest Magisk 24.3, so do make sure to also update Magisk apk
    Build 20220328 is ready marking the debut of Android 12L based crDroid
    With this build, do note that a clean flash is recommended if coming from any other pre 8.3 build
    This update won't be pushed via OTA if you also run any previous crDroid 8.3 build, but all upcoming updates will
    Do also note that it may be possible to not have carrier service in some cases.
    In order to fix that, do install crDroid, boot to it once, reboot to system again and it should get signal then... Still investigating root cause of this.

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 8.3
    - Changed base code to Android 12L
    - Lots and lots of changes to count, so update and check yourself :)
    Thanks a lot for non-gapps build.
    guess anyone can install gapps when they want google stuff added
    so with crDroid 8, we no longer per-bundle gapps