[ROM][Android 12L] Unofficial LineageOS 19.1 Nightlies Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi (mondrianwifi)

Search This thread

m33ts4k0z

Jul 16, 2011
Örebro
So I installed it together with the gapps from the first post and everything seems to work fine except one thing. Any ideas/tips about why I cant install any apps from the Google Store? I go to install and then the process stops on Waiting...

Thanks

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
So I installed it together with the gapps from the first post and everything seems to work fine except one thing. Any ideas/tips about why I cant install any apps from the Google Store? I go to install and then the process stops on Waiting...

Thanks
format data in TWRP (and make a backup before)

What a great job! Thank you!
Does this ROM support signature spoofing? I d like to use it with MicroG.
Ok, signature spoofing is supported and works great with MicroG.
I also recognised that the UI works smoother with "Display size -> Largest" seted. In this case the icon bar on the bottom of the screen will turn off - I guess that's the reason for the little performance boost!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221105-185850_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221105-185850_Settings.png
    138.7 KB · Views: 92

Andrey Danin

Dec 4, 2022
phoval, thanks for the images.

I've tried to encrypt my SM-T320 but the device reboots almost immediately after click on the encrypt button. Is it a known issue? Did anybody encrypt a tablet?

Code:
>grep -i encrypt sm-t320-enc.log
12-04 16:45:14.720  3610  3610 I ChooseLockGenericFragment: Ignoring PASSWORD_TYPE_KEY because device is not file encrypted
12-04 17:19:32.222  3610  3610 D SettingsActivity: Switching to fragment com.android.settings.security.EncryptionAndCredential
12-04 17:19:32.222  3610  3610 D SubSettings: Launching fragment com.android.settings.security.EncryptionAndCredential
12-04 17:19:32.242  3610  3610 D EncryptionAndCredential: NO dashboard tiles for EncryptionAndCredential
12-04 17:19:32.242  3610  3610 D EncryptionAndCredential: All preferences added, reporting fully drawn
12-04 17:19:43.734   237  9810 E Cryptfs : Orig filesystem overlaps crypto footer region.  Cannot encrypt in place.
12-04 17:19:44.841   237  9810 E Cryptfs : Orig filesystem overlaps crypto footer region.  Cannot encrypt in place.
12-04 17:20:09.631  9891  9911 D StorageManagerService: unlockUserKey: 0 isFileEncryptedNativeOrEmulated: false hasToken: false hasSecret: false

Last edited:
Reactions: pocketrule

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
phoval, thanks for the images.

I've tried to encrypt my SM-T320 but the device reboots almost immediately after click on the encrypt button. Is it a known issue? Did anybody encrypt a tablet?
Encryption does not work, i've tried it once, but then gave up (lack of time). It should be possible, but I assume, TWRP should be fixed for that. One common error was that the data partition is too big and fills up the complete space for it, especially if you format data in TWRP. For the encryption, it's neccessary that there are some bytes left for encryption data.

To check the problem and MAYBE fix it you could try this out:

I've had this problem on another device and could encrypt it afterwards. Later, the fix was built in TWRP (format data).

But even if it works, you probably will have further problems in TWRP as it has to support the decryption of data partition.

Andrey Danin

Dec 4, 2022
I used 12140144K (12140160-16). Unfortunately encryption is still shows a progress bar (12+ hours). I use twrp-3.7.0_9-0-mondrianwifi.img (not the patched one from the first message). I will try the patched version.

I'm pretty sure I encrypted the device using lineage-16.0-20200411-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianwifi rom + twrp-3.7.0_9-0-mondrianwifi.img.

Will re-check both roms.

UPD1+2:
LE16+TWRP3.7.0 has same issue with encryption at the moment. Encryption is OK after FS resize fix.

UPD3:
this rom+TWRP3.7.0. I fixed fs (same size as for LE16). Device rebooted for encryption. I got password request on boot this time. But device won't boot and hangs on infinite boot logo (logo is animated).

UPD4:
LE19.1+TWRP3.6.2 (recommended in the first post) - no luck with encryption. FS size is large than FS size in TWRP3.7.0

LE18.1+TWRP3.6.2 - encryption works after FS resize.

Last edited:
I used 12140144K (12140160-16). Unfortunately encryption is still shows a progress bar (12+ hours). I use twrp-3.7.0_9-0-mondrianwifi.img (not the patched one from the first message). I will try the patched version.

I'm pretty sure I encrypted the device using lineage-16.0-20200411-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianwifi rom + twrp-3.7.0_9-0-mondrianwifi.img.

Will re-check both roms.

UPD1+2:
LE16+TWRP3.7.0 has same issue with encryption at the moment. Encryption is OK after FS resize fix.

UPD3:
this rom+TWRP3.7.0. I fixed fs (same size as for LE16). Device rebooted for encryption. I got password request on boot this time. But device won't boot and hangs on infinite boot logo (logo is animated).

UPD4:
LE19.1+TWRP3.6.2 (recommended in the first post) - no luck with encryption. FS size is large than FS size in TWRP3.7.0

LE18.1+TWRP3.6.2 - encryption works after FS resize.
Can you provide logcat during encryption fail on 19.1?
We need to fix the size of data partition in TWRP, do resizefs for now.
Can try on my own currently. I am working on LOS 20.

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
Can you provide logcat during encryption fail on 19.1?
We need to fix the size of data partition in TWRP, do resizefs for now.
Can try on my own currently. I am working on LOS 20.
I can reproduce what @Andrey Danin described:
- Trying encrypt the tablet without resizing /data results in a "reboot" to the ui
- After resizing /data, encryption starts, the device reboots and asks for the password to complete booting, but then gets stuck in the boot animation.

Unfortunately I cannot take a log at this stage, as the device is present, but does not respond (adb devices shows "<device number> unauthorized"

In TWRP you normally have to enter the password to decrypt data. With the patched FOTA version I've used (but I've seen that on official versions too), there's no dialogue for entering the password. TWRP log shows the following:
Code:
Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)
Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
Updating partition details...
...done
Unable to mount storage
Full SELinux support is present.
Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps
MTP enabled.

Reactions: Andrey Danin

dgidugi

Dec 23, 2022
Hello. thank for your Great job.

5g Wi-Fi is not detected. Please check it at the next update.

Good luck !

Kakakrroto

Jan 13, 2023
I'm using the rom, but the battery is draining very fast. Doesn't last more than 4 hours in use. Is there anything that can be done?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this, you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

If you want to check - please make backup. Better to store all partitions.

What works

• audio
    • bluetooth
    • brightness
    • camera
    • DRM
    • OTA
    • selinux
    • video
    • wifi
    • wifi display (fixed at build 20220830)

What doesn't work
    • Torch QS not working -> regression in 0903, fixed in 0904
    • Back camera preview : wrong rotation on preview in default app, open camera works (fixed at build 20220903)
    • Some Keyboard bug. Workaround : When prompted to enter something like a Bluetooth pin or text based password, sometimes the keyboard is not shown on the screen or off screen. The workaround is to goto settings, system, languages & input, on-screen keyboard, Android Keyboard (AOSP), appearance & layout, theme and choose "Material - follow system settings".

Instructions:
    0. Patched TWRP for FOTA
    1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
    2. Install ROM
    3. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended NickGapps Patched for ARM]
    4. Install Magisk 25.2 (optionally)

Sources & Changes:
    Device tree
    Kernel tree
    Vendor tree
    TWRP tree

Download:
    Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet. See the disclaimer above.

Contributors

ROM OS Version: 12.1

Version Information
    Nightlies

Created 2022-08-28
    Last Updated 2022-09-04
    It will work. The caveat is in "go back". "Enable taskbar" toggle is only visible when "on-screen nav bar" is ON (which is counterintuitive since taskbar and navbar are mutually exclusive, yet this is how it is at the moment). Once navbar is ON, you need to refresh the "Buttons" page... for that click on something at the level of System, for example Location, then go back to System-> Buttons and then the taskbar toggle will be visible.

With the baseline 19.1 functionality now working (thanks again @phoval !), perhaps this surfaces the nice-to-have's - 19.1 current usability stumbles:

- It would be sooooo nice for the Taskbar toggle being visible in Buttons unconditionally (regardless of Navbar enable status). The latest stock Samsung UI based on 12L has that.
    - Grids: The only available is 6x5. Would be nice to have more choices, perhaps on par with 18.1. Fwiw, 5x6 seems to fit the aspect ratio more naturally and looks great in 18.1.
    - Styles: Not available. The default 19.1 round icon shape is a bit lame, any other shape may be more appropriately modern, pleasing to the eye.
    New build available.

Grids :
    1663515692781.png

Icon shapes :
    1663515698688.png

Colors :
    1663515718443.png

Task bar toggle should be always visible :
    1663515739569.png

Sorry I know this is a post for the T320 but would it work for the T520?
    Are they the same hardware but with just a different screen size? Is the resolution even different?

Thanks for your great work :)
    No, T520 is not the same hardware, It use Exynos soc.
    I can't turn it off, please guide me to turn it off.

Disabling the task bar:

Settings -> System -> Buttons -> enable nav bar -> go back -> Buttons -> disable task bar and nav bar
    Hi,

I just wanted to say major kudos for this.

My sm t320 had been stuck on I think Android 7, whatever CyanogenMod stopped at. That stopped allowing me to update some apps like chrome, so I started messing with some roms.

I was about to give up on this old tablet because of WiFi issues I was having on the LOS 18.1 build, then saw this. With your recommended TWRP and NikGapps, everything seems stable.

Thanks again! I can't believe this tablet is on Android 12!

I've attached a screen record of how the taskbar can be toggled by long pressing the nav gesture bar when the settings are as seen in the attached screenshots. That's such a cool little thing, I love it.

Crazy mad props for the effort to keep these old tablets alive! I'm so happy!
    A12 is not slow. I recommend to use it. It's stable.
    Dunno about performance of LOS 13.