[ROM][Android 12L][UNOFFICIAL][OTA] LineageOS 19.1 for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite [daisy]

Search This thread

grufty47

Aug 5, 2018
Ok, will doublecheck your advice with the next update, my MI A2 lite should have AB partition table. Installation of update via the updater should be done on the non-active slot, switch of slots will be performed on reboot, hence there should be no Magisk any more. Let's wait and see....

Reactions: NiKabir

testman42

Jul 13, 2021
Thank you for making this.
Upgrading from 18 to 19 was way easier than I expected.
And so far I am very that I decided to upgrade.
Also consider that you prevented quite a lot of e-waste. I don't think I would still be using daisy if there were no LineageOS releases for it.

asdfuc

Sep 8, 2013
It was super easy to install (good instructions) and despite my concerns of just 4 pages of thread, the rom works great for the first day. I will keep you updated as it is my daily driver. Performance compared with stock rom is abstract, thank you for your work!

Reactions: testman42

templeos

Jul 26, 2020
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
I was getting stuck after flashing the new boot.img but booting twrp from file then rebooting to recovery from there worked for some reason.
Installed successfully, thank you vixano :)

Last edited:

grufty47

Aug 5, 2018
Just pushed july ota :D
enjoy
Thanks, update (12-20220712) in the Updater downloaded, Magisk removed with option "Resore boot", installation only completed after quite a long time (>1,5h), Magisk restored to the other slot (as recommended after OTA), everything appears to be ok, thanks for the pleasure!

asdfuc

Sep 8, 2013
I'm still on previous release I mentioned above and I see no reason to perform OTA - this rom works excellent. Battery lasts 2,5 day with normal usage. 2 weeks of usage prove it's great.

nz_mincemeat

May 10, 2014
Hi, I'm trying to get the bits and pieces ready to install this rom on a stock phone.

Where do I download the LineageOS recovery from, since TWRP does not work with FBE build?

nz_mincemeat

May 10, 2014
The naming of the recovery partition as boot on daisy threw me off.

Otherwise, very straightforward install. Thank you :)

twisteros

Dec 16, 2014
How can I get a call recording working on this ROM?

There is a Call Recording section in Phone settings but no Record Call button on the call screen.

Last edited:

metalhead1976

Jul 29, 2022
i have OrangeFox Recovery installed but still on Stock Rom.
Is ist possible to flash the LineageOS 19.1 with the ORangefox Recovery or is it only by Lineage recovery??
Thanks.

Matt..B

Aug 4, 2022
Great Rom! I've just created an account to share my experiences.

• I installed the rom primarily to get VoWiFi working - I'm on an MVNO for Vodafone UK. It seems to work fine for this.
  • The camera app is GrapheneOS/Camera (version 43 at the time of writing). On the default settings, any photos taken don't appear in the timeline in the correct location in the AOSP Gallery. The fix I've adopted is to unset "Remove EXIF data after capture" from the camera settings.
  • In answer to @twisteros above, at least in the UK call recording seems to work fine for me. So this feature may be dependent on the location you are using it from. There's a Reddit thread about it here

Thanks for all your hard work Its_Vixano

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    enjoy
    Great Rom! I've just created an account to share my experiences.

• I installed the rom primarily to get VoWiFi working - I'm on an MVNO for Vodafone UK. It seems to work fine for this.
    • The camera app is GrapheneOS/Camera (version 43 at the time of writing). On the default settings, any photos taken don't appear in the timeline in the correct location in the AOSP Gallery. The fix I've adopted is to unset "Remove EXIF data after capture" from the camera settings.
    • In answer to @twisteros above, at least in the UK call recording seems to work fine for me. So this feature may be dependent on the location you are using it from. There's a Reddit thread about it here

Thanks for all your hard work Its_Vixano
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.1 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Notes
    - Selinux is enforcing
    - FBE build, don't use twrp for these builds
    - Custom kernels are NOT supported
    - Read the instructions carefully

Downloads
    - Here

Flashing instructions
    - Here (Suggestions for improving the guide are welcome)

Sources:
    - LineageOS
    - Kernel Tree

Happy modding!
    Okay but does it run Crysis?
    just done a test build for fixing the privapp permission issues (random bootloops caused by some normal reboots), seems fine here but i don't really trust my self

report if something will be wrong with it

edit: Apparently it's fine so

New update released (20220329) (Checkout op for download link)
    - Sync with latest lineageos changes
    - Fix random bootloopos while rebooting
    enjoy
    Hey there, everybody, there's something interesting in the ramdisk init binary.
    Unpacked the boot.img with Carliv Image Kitchen, looked in "ramdisk/system/bin/init", and found something fishy. Then I've contacted this its_vixano guy, to get the source code of the init binary, because this is not, and this isn't either. He misled me, telling me that it's the open source kernel... Still waiting for the source.
    If I were you, I wouldn't believe a freakin' word he says, and wipe this whole thing if installed.
    Anyways, open the init binary and search for the word "selldrug", approximately there you will find what bugs me.
    Was unable to disassembly with ida (missing commercial plugin) or ghidra to put the whole mixed text together,
    but interesting keywords found were "prime minister" etc...
    If anyone wants to dig deeper, be my guest, anyways, i warned you.....

P.S.: I would reallllllllllly love to get my hands on that source code :p

Sincerely,
    Im4gin4tion

EDIT: No reason for this post to exist