[ROM][Android 13.0][SURYA] crDroid v9.0 [OFFICIAL][22-11]

Search This thread

temporarium

@GtrCraft , again thank you for maintaining a build for this device; I know it requires time and resources which you contribute...

Could you please tell me why every new update (not upgrade) requires a CLEAN flash? It's very unprofessional for an official build, wouldn't you agree? Even if the recovery can't decrypt data, the ROM itself (system/firmware) should be flashable without requiring one to start over every single time. What's going on?

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
@GtrCraft , again thank you for maintaining a build for this device; I know it requires time and resources which you contribute...

Could you please tell me why every new update (not upgrade) requires a CLEAN flash? It's very unprofessional for an official build, wouldn't you agree? Even if the recovery can't decrypt data, the ROM itself (system/firmware) should be flashable without requiring one to start over every single time. What's going on?
Fixing encryption related bugs. And official doesn't mean professional, I do this for free remember

Reactions: SaidJan

temporarium

Fixing encryption related bugs. And official doesn't mean professional, I do this for free remember
I know you do it for free, and I acknowledge and appreciate it, but my concern is having stability.

So, is this still in trial and error testing, or is this the last encryption-related adjustment/fix? Are we staying on FBEv2 in this ROM, or falling back to FBEv1?

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
I know you do it for free, and I acknowledge and appreciate it, but my concern is having stability.

So, is this still in trial and error testing, or is this the last encryption-related adjustment/fix? Are we staying on FBEv2 in this ROM, or falling back to FBEv1?
Rom is fbev1 as stated in changelog. And for now this is the latest encrpytion related fix.

Reactions: temporarium

pepeq

May 19, 2018
Rom is fbev1 as stated in changelog. And for now this is the latest encrpytion related fix.
so the current CrDroid9 from 22.11.2022 is fbe v1. do you think it is possible , that a future crdroid9.x will be fbe v2? If yes, then an update to this fbe v2 crdroid coming from a v1 crdroid will require a clean flash? correct?

Top Liked Posts