[ROM][Android 13][s8/s8+/note8] [Unofficial] riceDroid 8.0 [10-11-2022]

Search This thread

Nath_h57

Nov 10, 2022
I'd like to ask you if there is a way to get the google dialer rid of its awful rounded background behind the figures, it shows up after running the rom for a while and I can't get rid of them. It also shows up when you use the magisk AOSP adding and the adding for pixel module, and it used to go away if you uninstalled them/

Also, is there a way, please, to get the AOSP dialer rid of its greyish or coloured background behind the figures ? I guess it's the primary or secondary factor.

thank you

Refayatul

Oct 15, 2015
I'd like to ask you if there is a way to get the google dialer rid of its awful rounded background behind the figures, it shows up after running the rom for a while and I can't get rid of them. It also shows up when you use the magisk AOSP adding and the adding for pixel module, and it used to go away if you uninstalled them/

Also, is there a way, please, to get the AOSP dialer rid of its greyish or coloured background behind the figures ? I guess it's the primary or secondary factor.

thank you
Can you provide a screenshot about what you are taking about.

Nath_h57

Nov 10, 2022
sure

1st pic: this is the AOSP dialer, great except I'd like to get rid of the brighter rounded grey background behind the figures so it is all black like the rest of the image

2nd pic: this is the google dialer just after it has gotten installed, I'd get rid of the reddish background if I could

3d pic: this is the same google dialer after a while, or after I have shut it down and relaunched it, ugly black dots appear behind the figures, I can't get rid of them using the theming options - rom control - aosp add ons either.

Screenshot_20221128-085306_Phone.pngScreenshot_20221128-085404_Phone.pngScreenshot_20221128-085441_Phone.png

Vkey.mobile

Aug 15, 2017
Installed it on my S8+ which was previously running on HadesRom.
installed perfectly booted fine, but when restarted its stuck on Teamwin recovery mode screen. what can i do now to reboot to system

cjay Padilla

Apr 9, 2022
Installed it on my S8+ which was previously running on HadesRom.
installed perfectly booted fine, but when restarted its stuck on Teamwin recovery mode screen. what can i do now to reboot to system
Reflash twrp on S8+

Also i don't recommend boot system without gapps yet if u wanna comeback twrp and install gapps that will happens

Nath_h57

Nov 10, 2022
Ps: if someone knows how to fix the navbar's height I'll gladly take the info, I'll buy the Right Dialer app (3$) if there's no answer / fix for the dialer thing, but I couldn't find a solution regarding the navbar.

Vkey.mobile

Aug 15, 2017
One more bug I found in this rom my LTE only sim shows network but I can't make or receive calls not even sms is working but if I use some regular sim then it's working fine incoming outgoing all calls work but problem is just with LTE only sim
Edit
- calls and sms not working internet is working on the same sim.

Screenshot_20221129-153200_Sushi Launcher.png

Last edited:

Vkey.mobile

Aug 15, 2017
One more bug I found in this rom my LTE only sim shows network but I can't make or receive calls not even sms is working but if I use some regular sim then it's working fine incoming outgoing all calls work but problem is just with LTE only sim
Edit
- calls and sms not working internet is working on the same sim.

View attachment 5772933
I think the problem is VoLTE.
There is no VoLTE options so calls incoming & Outgoing not working but mobile data internet is working fine

Reactions: updesh94

sunnykalahan

Feb 9, 2008
View attachment 5722097

What is riceDroid?
Ricedroid is an operating system based on lineage/crdroid, that aims to provide necessary "ricing" for android while being fast and stable.

Terminology
The rice in the project name can be referred to "rice" (food) itself, but in a sense it is indeed the term "ricing" in linux.

Based on Android 13
What's working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
Storage Encryption (WIP switching to FBE from FDE since FDE was removed in 13)
You tell me

How to Flash

CLEAN FLASH: (If on A11/A10/Older based rom)
* Back up your data in phone memory as all data will be wiped

- Download the ROM
- Boot into recovery
- Wipe system, dalvik, cache, and data
- Flash the ROM
- Reboot To System
- Recover backed up data and Flash Magisk (optional)
CLEAN FLASH: (If on any A12/A12L based rom or A13 based rom even if riceDroid)
* Back up your data in phone memory as all data will be wiped
- Download the ROM
- Boot into recovery
- Wipe system, dalvik, cache and data
- Flash the ROM
- Recover backed up data and Flash Magisk (optional)

if you want to support the project and make me continue, feel free to buy me some coffee
View attachment 5722109

Join telegram for early builds and keep updated

Changelog

- Synced with latest source
- Merged nov security patch
- Enabled FaceUnlock
- Fixed gps issue
- Using Pixel FP
- Improvement in the performance and battery backup
- Remap the Bixby button to a Media Button
- Fixed the home button wakeup
- added lineage new camera (aperture)

- Switched to aidl memtrack
- Switched to aidl usb hal
- Adressed missing symbol in advanced camera effects lib that wouldnt launch without them
- Allowed system to override some bluetooth props
- Performance and stability improvements
- Synced with latest ricedroid source
- Thx to ivan for this work

Source changelog

Download
there is 2 files one with gapps and without choose what u want

S8 | S8+ | Note8

Thanks for @Ivan_Meler and all testers
Android OS version: 13
Security patch level: 07 NOV 2022
Build author/Device Maintainer: MiDoNaSR
Device Source Code: https://github.com/MiDoNaSR545/android_device_samsung_universal8895-common
Source code:RiceDroid
ROM Developer: dlwlrma123
Kernel source, (https://github.com/MiDoNaSR545/android_kernel_samsung_universal8895/tree/lineage-20.0)
Is just awful! And full of bugs!

harpal singh

Jul 23, 2012
Fatehabad
Please remove swipe to delete feature in call log. Swipe used to call in One Ui roms and thats why accidentally deleted many logs.

The volume during call can't change.

Alloxda

Mar 22, 2022
Hello. Can you make it that import the VOLTE function from the stock official ROM?(by Magisk module or others)

sharis

Oct 29, 2011
Plz Confirm ...
1 - Smart view is working to connect with Smart tv or not ?
2 - During/Making Calls, Call recording is added/working ... or can be added if its not present ?

Top Liked Posts