• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Android 7.1.2][N8000/N801x][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

erad2008

Jun 11, 2014
Cannot install gapps

Hi. I am trying to install GApps with this ROM. I have done this with many other ROMS in the past with no problem. Why can I not install with this one????? ROM is useless without Google apps

Cheers

PS - I have tried to install Open GApps 7.1 ARM Stock. Also tried Beans GApps 7.1.

Open Gapps gets half way through and then tablet reboots. Beans does not install at all says something about SDK 25????? I am using N8010

Last edited:

erad2008

Jun 11, 2014
Does not work

If anyone can tell me how they got GApps to install...please let me know and what version. I am trying 7.1 as you normally would with a ROM. THis is first one that will NOT work with. Cheers

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Going to try another ROM

shumaccu

Jan 20, 2019
Ok I solved my problems with N8000 wifi.

1) Starting stock rom, flash twrp, format data, wipe cache, dalvick and system.

2) Flash the first rom of Lineage 14.1 and flash Gapps. Reboot after installation. Starting from this version, wifi works correctly.

3) After reboot, come back in twrp...wipe dalvick, cache and data (no system). Then flash the last version of lineage 14.1 (as update), flash gapps and reboot. Finally wifi works correctly also in the last version.

Basically, you have to start with the first version of Lineage and the use the latest rom version as an update (no wipe system).

Last edited:

powerdude

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks for this ROM! Working good so far except for that MTP bug that was mentioned in this thread. I got tired of how slow browsing the web is on the stock rom 4.1.2 and all the bloatware so I thought this will bring new life to my tablet. It took some courage and a lot of digging because I'm not good at this and wanted to make sure I did everything correctly the first time. For those of you like me who want to install this ROM, these were my steps...

My device:
Note 10.1 GT-N8013
Android 4.1.2

1a. Make sure you have a functioning USB data cable. My OEM one didn't seem to work so I had to buy a new one.
1b. Make sure you unlock Developer Options in the tablet settings and turn on USB debugging (search web to find out how).
2. Download and install drivers to PC. I didn't know which ones I needed so I downloaded the Unified Android Toolkit found within this website. I only used the toolkit to install the drivers.
3. Download and save to SD card:
- LineageOS 14.1 (from OP)
- twrp-3.0.2-0-n801x (from OP)
- gapps ARM 7.1 nano (from gapps; I chose nano because I don't need many apps; don't get stock because I read it's too big)
- [optional] addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip (from LineageOS; make sure it's 14.1 and (arm); I needed this because I backed up some apps with titanium backup in the stock rom which I wanted to bring over to this new rom)
4. Download to PC:
- Odin3 v3.13.1 (I had this already on my PC but you can find and download it easily)
- twrp-2.8.6.0-gt-n8013.tar (from twrp)
5. [optional] I rooted my stock rom to use titanium backup to backup the apps I mentioned above (I followed this guide and used the supplied files: CF-Auto-Root and Odin3 v1.85)
6. Run Odin3 v.3.13.1
7. Insert SD card into tablet and turn tablet off.
8. Boot into download mode (hold Power + Vol Down) and accept the warning by pressing Vol Up.
9. Plug the tablet to PC with the cable. Odin should show that it's connected.
10. Click AP and select the twrp tar file from PC.
11. Ensure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked.
12. Click Start and let it finish.
13. When tablet reboots, you can unplug cable and boot it directly to twrp recovery (Power + Vol Up; this may take a few tries)
14. Press Install and find the twrp img file from the SD card.
15. Select the file and tell it to flash it to Recovery. Swipe to confirm the flash.
16. When it's finished, go back until you get to the main menu and press Reboot > System.
17. When it reboots, boot it to twrp recovery again.
18. Swipe to allow modifications.
19. Press Wipe > Format Data. Type yes to confirm.
20. When finished, go back twice so you can press Advanced Wipe.
21. Select Dalvik, Cache, System, data. Swipe to confirm wipe.
22. When finished, go back to the main menu.
23. Press Install. Find the LineageOS 14.1 rom from the SD card. Select it and swipe to confirm the flash.
24. When finished, go back to the file directory and find the gapps file. Select it and swipe to confirm flash.
25. [optional] When finished, go back to the file directory to flash the addonsu zip file. I needed to do this so titanium backup is usable since it requires root access.
26. Reboot and Lineage should take a few minutes to boot up for the first time. DONE!
27. [optional] Unlock Developer Options from settings. Under Root access, select Apps and ADB. I can now install titanium backup from the Play store and restore all the apps I backed up from the stock rom.

starflower

Nov 26, 2019
I experienced WiFi issues that are not the ones mentioned above. My connection issues could be solved by changing my WiFi setup. I disabled PMF (https://www.wi-fi.org/knowledge-center/faq/what-are-protected-management-frames) and AMPDU (https://routerguide.net/optimize-ampdu-aggregation-on-or-off-a-mpdu/) and it worked.

I tried this within the same run. Boot, setup wizard, no connection, change WiFi setup, connection. Also now in regular usage, once I change my WiFi settings to turn these two on again, connection goes away.

Maybe this can be helpful for someone.

Reactions: JJEgan

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io
I experienced WiFi issues that are not the ones mentioned above. My connection issues could be solved by changing my WiFi setup. I disabled PMF (https://www.wi-fi.org/knowledge-center/faq/what-are-protected-management-frames) and AMPDU (https://routerguide.net/optimize-ampdu-aggregation-on-or-off-a-mpdu/) and it worked.

I tried this within the same run. Boot, setup wizard, no connection, change WiFi setup, connection. Also now in regular usage, once I change my WiFi settings to turn these two on again, connection goes away.

Maybe this can be helpful for someone.

Are these issues present in the current builds that I just released a few days ago?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1

Credits:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Samsung Electronics
    Android 7.1.2 - Google Inc.
    @lirokoa - Making the device source code & kernel source code​

Requirements:

Questions:
    Why isn't the keyboard showing?​
    Answer: You have to go to Settings --> Language & Inputs --> AOSP Keyboard --> Make sure to set as 'Always show' or something like that.​

Download:

Sources:
    Code:
    LineageOS 14.1: [url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android/tree/cm-14.1[/url]
    Device source code: [url]https://github.com/lirokoa/android_device_samsung_n8013/tree/cm-14.1[/url]
    Device kernel source code: [url]https://github.com/lirokoa/android_kernel_samsung_n80xx/tree/cm-14.1[/url]

ROM status:
    Testing​

- Secretwolf98
    Like this comment of mine and/or reply to this comment of mine, if you want another update for the N8013 with the latest changes?
    I applied the last commits from @lirokoa to the corresponding LineageOS branch for the samsung hardware and it works. The next step will be applying kernel patches and get the N80xx to be officially supported once again.
    I've been using this for almost a year. It's awesome!

OP - Any plans to try the latest OS?

November 29, 2019
    LineageOS 14.1

Credits:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Samsung Electronics
    Android 7.1.2 - Google Inc.
    @lirokoa - Making the device source code & kernel source code

Requirements:
    twrp-3.0.2-0-n801x.img

Questions:
    Why isn't the keyboard showing?
    Answer: You have to go to Settings --> Language & Inputs --> AOSP Keyboard --> Make sure to set as 'Always show' or something like that.

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=283165

Sources:

ROM status:
    Testing

- Secretwolf98

I'm glad you have the time to continue what I have started since I don't have the time anymore. Good work :)