[ROM][Android 7.1.2][N8000/N801x][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

Sumantakundu

Apr 4, 2020
Thanks to owner who help to create futon Ron for the dead tablet. I just found the tab in the cupboard and decided to upgrade. And it worked. Now I have one issue I installed Netflix but then I am not sure why the account is not working! I am using a mobile plan which is the cheapest in India but then it does not work and it say to upgrade the plan! If anyone can help with this then this tab can be my small tv. Please help. node/113754

Ronouel46

Aug 6, 2015
Massachusetts
Granted I'm a newbie, but I cannot figure out why it is "not possible" to fix the camera on a piece of hardware that had a functioning camera with 4.1.2. Could you shed some light on this or recommend a workaround now it is April 2020?

Reactions: xs400

DarkNasuada

Dec 18, 2018
Hi guys just installed this Rom on an gt-n8010 with opengapps arm 7.1 micro but whenever I start the play store it just keeps stuck on the loading screen and eventually give an connection time out.

Help to solve this would be appreciated.

Greetings

rchood

Sep 14, 2008
Secretwolf98 - Everything seems to be working.

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Thanks for the step-by-step!

The last time I loaded GApps was a couple years ago without issue. GApps is giving me a Play Protect error. This seems common from my searching with custom ROM's.

I loaded it right after LineageOS, before rebooting. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction for a solution?

Thank you.

Nice step by step tutorial, only i'm stuck on step 12. The Recovery is half way through and stays there (have waited over 30 minutes) any advise?
I have a N8010 (Also downloaded twrp-2.8.6.0-gt-n8010.tar instead of the n8013 version without luck)

rimraf

Jun 26, 2020
Hi guys just installed this Rom on an gt-n8010 with opengapps arm 7.1 micro but whenever I start the play store it just keeps stuck on the loading screen and eventually give an connection time out.

I ran into this problem as well today; I think the issue is with recent versions of OpenGapps. I got it to work by using Base Gapps from this thread and was able to sign in during setup, then Play Services and Play Store updated to the most recent version no problem.

Hope this helps anyone else digging an old tablet out of the closet ;)

Reactions: JJEgan

KoushKoush

Aug 27, 2016
São Paulo
Hello, everyone.
I have a N8010, wi-fi only, and I have been facing some hardships while trying to flash this rom. I tried using the search, but couldn't find an answer to my issue.

First of all, my tablet is not rooted, don't know if it MUST be rooted in order for this to work.
I'm following this setp-by-step: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ageos-14-1-t3848514/post81553725#post81553725

Thanks for this ROM! Working good so far except for that MTP bug that was mentioned in this thread. I got tired of how slow browsing the web is on the stock rom 4.1.2 and all the bloatware so I thought this will bring new life to my tablet. It took some courage and a lot of digging because I'm not good at this and wanted to make sure I did everything correctly the first time. For those of you like me who want to install this ROM, these were my steps...

My device:

Note 10.1 GT-N8013

Android 4.1.2

1a. Make sure you have a functioning USB data cable. My OEM one didn't seem to work so I had to buy a new one.

1b. Make sure you unlock Developer Options in the tablet settings and turn on USB debugging (search web to find out how).

2. Download and install drivers to PC. I didn't know which ones I needed so I downloaded the Unified Android Toolkit found within this website. I only used the toolkit to install the drivers.

3. Download and save to SD card:

- LineageOS 14.1 (from OP)

- twrp-3.0.2-0-n801x (from OP)

- gapps ARM 7.1 nano (from gapps; I chose nano because I don't need many apps; don't get stock because I read it's too big)

- [optional] addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip (from LineageOS; make sure it's 14.1 and (arm); I needed this because I backed up some apps with titanium backup in the stock rom which I wanted to bring over to this new rom)

4. Download to PC:

- Odin3 v3.13.1 (I had this already on my PC but you can find and download it easily)

- twrp-2.8.6.0-gt-n8013.tar (from twrp)

5. [optional] I rooted my stock rom to use titanium backup to backup the apps I mentioned above (I followed this guide and used the supplied files: CF-Auto-Root and Odin3 v1.85)

6. Run Odin3 v.3.13.1

7. Insert SD card into tablet and turn tablet off.

8. Boot into download mode (hold Power + Vol Down) and accept the warning by pressing Vol Up.

9. Plug the tablet to PC with the cable. Odin should show that it's connected.

10. Click AP and select the twrp tar file from PC.

11. Ensure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked.

12. Click Start and let it finish.

13. When tablet reboots, you can unplug cable and boot it directly to twrp recovery (Power + Vol Up; this may take a few tries)

14. Press Install and find the twrp img file from the SD card.

15. Select the file and tell it to flash it to Recovery. Swipe to confirm the flash.

16. When it's finished, go back until you get to the main menu and press Reboot > System.

17. When it reboots, boot it to twrp recovery again.

18. Swipe to allow modifications.

19. Press Wipe > Format Data. Type yes to confirm.

20. When finished, go back twice so you can press Advanced Wipe.

21. Select Dalvik, Cache, System, data. Swipe to confirm wipe.

22. When finished, go back to the main menu.

23. Press Install. Find the LineageOS 14.1 rom from the SD card. Select it and swipe to confirm the flash.

24. When finished, go back to the file directory and find the gapps file. Select it and swipe to confirm flash.

25. [optional] When finished, go back to the file directory to flash the addonsu zip file. I needed to do this so titanium backup is usable since it requires root access.

26. Reboot and Lineage should take a few minutes to boot up for the first time. DONE!

27. [optional] Unlock Developer Options from settings. Under Root access, select Apps and ADB. I can now install titanium backup from the Play store and restore all the apps I backed up from the stock rom.

Since my tablet is N8010 (and not N8013), I downloaded the "lineage-14.1-20200124-UNOFFICIAL-n8010.zip" that secretwolf98 posted a couple pages ago, and the twrp-2.8.6.0-gt-n8010.tar .
Following the step-by-step, I got to step 13 with no problems (installed twrp 2.8.6.0 by ODIN). However, the step 14 tells me to find the "twrp-3.0.2-0-n801x.img" file through the recovery menu. However, I can only find the OS and gapps (both .zip files). I attached 2 photos from the menu I get.

- Is it the correct twrp 2.8.6.0 menu, or did it not install properly?
- If it's not the correct twrp, could someone point me to which one should I be using?
- Is this is the correct twrp, how do I install the "twrp-3.0.2-0-n801x.img" file that isn't showing?

Thanks again, this forum is great :)
Koush

The images:
ngL71fJ.jpg

U9hb5Vn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
"twrp-3.0.2-0-n801x.img
Link is on POST ONE the OP
Of course you have to download the image and copy to your ext sd card /

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
ryzen5-3600.github.io

coldspring22

Oct 4, 2015
Thanks for your work on lineageos for old galaxy Note 10.1. I see LineageOS development for several devices in your github repository. What are the acronyms like st18c110bnn and gta4xlwifi? Tried googling those and not coming up with any match.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1

Credits:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Samsung Electronics
    Android 7.1.2 - Google Inc.
    @lirokoa - Making the device source code & kernel source code​

Requirements:

Questions:
    Why isn't the keyboard showing?​
    Answer: You have to go to Settings --> Language & Inputs --> AOSP Keyboard --> Make sure to set as 'Always show' or something like that.​

Download:

Sources:
    Code:
    LineageOS 14.1: [url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android/tree/cm-14.1[/url]
    Device source code: [url]https://github.com/lirokoa/android_device_samsung_n8013/tree/cm-14.1[/url]
    Device kernel source code: [url]https://github.com/lirokoa/android_kernel_samsung_n80xx/tree/cm-14.1[/url]

ROM status:
    Testing​

- Secretwolf98
    Like this comment of mine and/or reply to this comment of mine, if you want another update for the N8013 with the latest changes?
    I applied the last commits from @lirokoa to the corresponding LineageOS branch for the samsung hardware and it works. The next step will be applying kernel patches and get the N80xx to be officially supported once again.
    I've been using this for almost a year. It's awesome!

OP - Any plans to try the latest OS?

November 29, 2019
    LineageOS 14.1

Credits:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Samsung Electronics
    Android 7.1.2 - Google Inc.
    @lirokoa - Making the device source code & kernel source code

Requirements:
    twrp-3.0.2-0-n801x.img

Questions:
    Why isn't the keyboard showing?
    Answer: You have to go to Settings --> Language & Inputs --> AOSP Keyboard --> Make sure to set as 'Always show' or something like that.

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=283165

Sources:

ROM status:
    Testing

- Secretwolf98

I'm glad you have the time to continue what I have started since I don't have the time anymore. Good work :)