• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Android 8.1]LineageOS 15.1[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

chris rock

Jun 27, 2017
Emsdetten
@ Edrictheboychan
:laugh:
I know your age, u told us time ago.
Just kidding. ;)

Sent from my hlte using XDA Labs

BTW today I got problems with notification in WhatsApp.
Messages arrive hours later....

Last edited:

txx3

Feb 16, 2013
Is everyone okay if I consider trying to build LineageOS 16 for hlte using haggertk's cm_build_stuff? (Since there haven't been much changes to the device trees of LineageOS 15.1)

EDIT: In case you don't know who haggertk is, he's the LineageOS device maintainer for hlte, klte and bullhead.
hmmm i dont know .....haha just kidding do it!

Zitzala

Nov 26, 2017
Can't install any apps that require obb from playstore

please help :( , any solution? i try to create obb folder too, and not working, also i install EdricChan03 Lineage OS build 20180916-UNOFFICIAL-hlte and latest 20181008-UNOFFICIAL-hlte same situation, my smartphone is samsung galaxy note 3 SM-N9005 , i followed all steps to the letter

Last edited:

asusgarb

Jul 4, 2010
Hi everybody. I would like to ask if somebody knows if an official version of 15.1 will be available for our Note 3. I have a try to this rom. I think it's very good, but sometimes I had problems with some apps essential for me, so I had to go back to official 14.1.

But I think 15.1 has very good battery life, that lately is extremely bad for me on 14.1.

Maybe in some weeks I'll give this Ron another try.

Thank you very much for your hard work in this rom.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Labs

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
Hi everybody. I would like to ask if somebody knows if an official version of 15.1 will be available for our Note 3. I have a try to this rom. I think it's very good, but sometimes I had problems with some apps essential for me, so I had to go back to official 14.1.

But I think 15.1 has very good battery life, that lately is extremely bad for me on 14.1.

I believe for it being official it has to have a bt call bug fix, which is on the works since long ago. And "sometimes I had problems with some apps essential for me" would have been a better report if it had a specific app name, logs and your device setup in it. Otherwise we cannot say whether it was because of ROM or because of your setup/apps.

asusgarb

Jul 4, 2010
I believe for it being official it has to have a bt call bug fix, which is on the works since long ago. And "sometimes I had problems with some apps essential for me" would have been a better report if it had a specific app name, logs and your device setup in it. Otherwise we cannot say whether it was because of ROM or because of your setup/apps.

About apps I was meaning especially WhatsApp. I had often no notifications or long delay for every message. For me it's probably the most essential app, so it was a big problem. I tried every method tried in 14.1 too, but they were useless.

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
About apps I was meaning especially WhatsApp. I had often no notifications or long delay for every message. For me it's probably the most essential app, so it was a big problem. I tried every method tried in 14.1 too, but they were useless.
You probably just need to remove battery optimization or you are using some extra apps/scripts that block gms. I also use whatsapp, outlook and telegram for IM and mail and havent had that issue on TW MM, AOSP N, AOSP O and AOSP P on note3.

asusgarb

Jul 4, 2010
You probably just need to remove battery optimization or you are using some extra apps/scripts that block gms. I also use whatsapp, outlook and telegram for IM and mail and havent had that issue on TW MM, AOSP N, AOSP O and AOSP P on note3.

I always use module to block GM's but on 14.1 WhatsApp works good. I remember for a period was the same in 14.1 but then fixed itself...

Sent from my Samsung SM-P605 using XDA Labs

palosanto0

Apr 7, 2008
Victoria
EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to flash fine with TWRP 3.2.1. I was unising 2.8.7

Hi,
When I try to flash the ROM variant htlemo in my SM-N900W8 (Canadian) , I keep getting the red text error E3004 saying that
" this package is for device hlte, hltecan, hltemo, hlteusc, hltevzw; this device is . " (nothing follows)
Error flashing zip etc. ...
I don't understand, I'm flashing htlemo variant which it's supposed to be correct for my SM-N900W8. I know this is the correct device as described in the label under the battery.
Can anyone help ? - Thanks

Last edited:

EdricChan03

Sep 15, 2017
Singapore
edricchan03.github.io

The reason why there's no official version is due to the fact that hlte isn't currently aligned with the LineageOS Device Support Requirements which thus prevents it from getting Android Oreo.

Reactions: andbroe

Randel Burton

Jan 22, 2009
If you restoring your whatsapp with titanium or somth. else,
please reinstall Whatsapp from scratch to enable working push again.
Also disable in batterie managment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /* 
     * Your warranty is now void. Knox 0x1. 
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please 
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM 
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if 
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. 
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

WARNING:
    • This is not a stable version of LineageOS. If you run into problems, give us a logcat as you report your problem or GTFO.
    • If your problem cannot be reproduced without using Magisk modules or Xposed, don't report it! The same goes with custom kernels.

Prerequisites:
    • The latest version of TWRP. This is an absolute requirement.
    • Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    • The latest modem and your bootloader unlocked. Link on how to get that done is found below.

How to flash this ROM:
    From other custom ROMs (RR-O, LineageOS 14.1, etc):
    1. Download the zip file for your variant of the device. Use the table below to figure out which variant to use.
    2. Make sure this zip file is saved to your device (just to get things done quickly).
    3. If you want Google Play functionality, download OpenGApps (link below). (optional)
    4. Reboot into TWRP (Volume Up + Home + Power or Advanced Restart).
    5. Make a backup (optional).
    6. Wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache partitions with Advanced Wipe. (required if upgrading from LOS 14.1 or RR-N)
    7. Flash the ROM you just downloaded.
    8. Flash OpenGApps for Android 8.1 if you want Google services (optional).
    9. If you want root, flash Magisk.
    10. Reboot and proceed normally with installation.

From LineageOS 15.1 (if you're updating):
    1. Download the zip file for your variant of the device.
    2. Reboot into TWRP.
    3. Flash the zip file as normal. No wipes needed.
    4. Reboot. You have updated your device.

Variants:
    It is important that you get the right variant based on your model code! Otherwise, you might not be able to make phone calls, and run into other bugs!
    • hlte: SM-N9005 (unlocked, GSM) and SM-N900P (Sprint)
    • hltetmo: SM-N900T (T-Mobile), SM-N900W8 (Canada), SM-900R4 (USA Cellular), SM-N900V (Verizon)
    • hltechn: SM-N9008V and SM-N9006 (both are China)
    • hltekor: SM-N900S (SK Telecom), SM-N900L (LG Uplus), SM-N900K (KT Corp)
    The Exynos variant (ha3g) is bound to gain support soon.
    The SM-N900A (AT&T) might never get support due to its locked bootloader. That is unlikely to change.

Download links:
    AndroidFileHost (haggertk): [url]http://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=244014[/URL]
    AndroidFileHost (mine): [url]https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=245260[/URL]
    OpenGApps 8.1 (biggest is mini for Note 3): [url]http://opengapps.org[/URL]
    Latest bootloader & modem (contains instructions): [url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-3/general/bootloader-baseband-bl-cp-samsung-t3582504[/URL]
    Magisk: [url]https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445[/URL]

Source code:
    LineageOS on GitHub

Contact us on Telegram if you must! [url]https://t.me/galaxynotethree[/URL]

LineageOS 16.0 (unofficial) for HLTE currently exists now! Come check out the thread by clicking [url]here.[/URL]

Credits:

Version Information:
    ROM OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
    Kernel Version: Linux 3.4.x
    20170217 builds are up for all devices except for hltekor, that one is being uploaded now.

I verified that this resolves the speaker audio issue in the pulled build.

Edit: All builds are uploaded now. Sorry about that, I had a change in there related to trying to figure out the BT call audio issue and ended up breaking it harder.
    I have uploaded new builds for all supported variants. The latest version is now 20180318.

Download link to my builds is in the original post. Have a nice day.

EDIT: These builds might force your device to reboot a few times. That's normal.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
    I just started cracking down why NFC and GPS are both not working. Due to people not sending logcats, I have to do this myself and figure out what's going on.

I am also figuring out why Snap (camera from LOS) is not saving videos properly.

As for battery drain, look for a setting that has to do with a smart cover (or flip cover) and turn it off. That should help in some way.

I am working with @haggertk on this (even though he's been silent with me).

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs