Huizen
t.me
Code:
Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This is an Android 9.0 GSI (Generic system image ) specific for the Samsung A6!

WARNING: The GSI is unstable and some things are not working. Let me know what is not working please!

FLASHING GUIDE:

1. Formata Dalvik, System, Data and Cache.
2. Install the GSI and click on system image.
3. Reboot to recovery.
4. Install latest Magisk. (Not necessary)
5. Reboot.

BUGS:

No Storage and SD Card access. (On FN Variant)

FIXES

The SIM card reading has been fixed.

Download Link:

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_...9/system-arm32_binder64-aonly-gapps-su.img.xz

Telegram Group:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEWK3LnN80mnvcTUtA

My telegram username: Paxa202

Credits:
@BlackMesa123
@phhusson

IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO HELP ME TO MAKE THE GSI STABLE, SEND ME AN PM ON XDA OR AN MESSAGE ON TELEGRAM.

Last edited:

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
Hello. Is there a thread where we can see how this prosses if done?
The only thing "unusual" with the A6 is that it's a 64bits CPU running 32bits OS, with 64bits binder.
But that's standard in Android Pie.
So if you build pure AOSP GSI, you just use aosp_arm target.
For my GSI, that would be treble_a64_xxx (like treble_a64_avS-userdebug) target

ariber14

Feb 7, 2018
Redmi Note 8 Pro
The only thing "unusual" with the A6 is that it's a 64bits CPU running 32bits OS, with 64bits binder.

So is there a woring android p version for a6 plus or do we have to wait?

DaanDH12

Jul 8, 2018
Huizen
t.me
Shouldn't all GSI ROMs work with all devices with a or ab support or am I wrong?

Yeah but samsung A6 has something unusual, this commented phhusson earlier.

Phhusson: The only thing "unusual" with the A6 is that it's a 64bits CPU running 32bits OS, with 64bits binder.

Because the 64bits CPU runs 32bits OS is the reason that normal GSI's doesn't boot on Samsung A6

Reactions: DKzVeNgEnS

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Yeah but samsung A6 has something unusual, this commented phhusson earlier.

Phhusson: The only thing "unusual" with the A6 is that it's a 64bits CPU running 32bits OS, with 64bits binder.

Because the 64bits CPU runs 32bits OS is the reason that normal GSI's doesn't boot on Samsung A6
That's pretty normal for Samsung devices, especially lower spec variants.
A 64bit cpu is backward compatible with 32bit architecture, so shouldn't be an issue as long as the rom supports 32bit, built for ARM target as mentioned above.

Reactions: DaanDH12

ariber14

Feb 7, 2018
Redmi Note 8 Pro
That's pretty normal for Samsung devices, especially lower spec variants.
A 64bit cpu is backward compatible with 32bit architecture, so shouldn't be an issue as long as the rom supports 32bit, built for ARM target as mentioned above.

Guys i made a custom rom from stock rom oreo. Everything looks good.i installed it through twrp.it boots,passes the bootlogo and then asks for wifi. I connect to internet.on the next page as normally it searches for updates but is stays there forever.i don't know why. I did it a couple of times and still the same.Internet is ok.and i did not remove anything that could affect google apps or accounts. I would appritiate some advice

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Guys i made a custom rom from stock rom oreo. Everything looks good.i installed it through twrp.it boots,passes the bootlogo and then asks for wifi. I connect to internet.on the next page as normally it searches for updates but is stays there forever.i don't know why. I did it a couple of times and still the same.Internet is ok.and i did not remove anything that could affect google apps or accounts. I would appritiate some advice
Seems you've possibly disabled/removed a component required to facilitate update checking.

DaanDH12

Jul 8, 2018
Huizen
t.me

Skip the whole setup thing! IMPORTANT! skip everything and setup wifi later, if you connect to wifi he goes searching for updates, but if you not connected to wifi, it skips the update part!

ariber14

Feb 7, 2018
Redmi Note 8 Pro
The thing is i don't understand why something on google account breaks even though i dont make any changes at all from stock rom. I also get a difference at menu. T mobile, mobile networks and service provider are visible at custom rom menu like in the pic below. Another thing is that i used superr's kitchen 1.1.9.5 to do the job. When i use 2.0.0.5 the custom rom does not boot.

Attachments

• 20181130_115819.jpg
    20181130_115819.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 341

nebkas

Aug 18, 2008
Bucharest
The thing is i don't understand why something on google account breaks even though i dont make any changes at all from stock rom. I also get a difference at menu. T mobile, mobile networks and service provider are visible at custom rom menu like in the pic below. Another thing is that i used superr's kitchen 1.1.9.5 to do the job. When i use 2.0.0.5 the custom rom does not boot.

I think you should post in a own thread. Otherwise people will confuse your post with the Treble Rom posts

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This is an Android 9.0 GSI (Generic system image ) specific for the Samsung A6!

WARNING: The GSI is unstable and some things are not working. Let me know what is not working please!

FLASHING GUIDE:

1. Formata Dalvik, System, Data and Cache.
    2. Install the GSI and click on system image.
    3. Reboot to recovery.
    4. Install latest Magisk. (Not necessary)
    5. Reboot.

BUGS:

No Storage and SD Card access. (On FN Variant)

FIXES

The SIM card reading has been fixed.

Download Link:

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_...9/system-arm32_binder64-aonly-gapps-su.img.xz

Telegram Group:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEWK3LnN80mnvcTUtA

My telegram username: Paxa202

Credits:
    @BlackMesa123
    @phhusson

IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO HELP ME TO MAKE THE GSI STABLE, SEND ME AN PM ON XDA OR AN MESSAGE ON TELEGRAM.
    Just for my understanding, is it impossible to have a full 64 bit OS for our 64bit CPU? Or need Samsung just to release a 64bit bootloader?
    It is possible, and shouldn't be too hard. From what I can tell, you simply need to replace "same-process" HALs, to a 64bits variant. That would be memory mapper, EGL/GLES, RenderScript, and that should be it.
    Hello. Is there a thread where we can see how this prosses if done?
    You need to unpack cache.img and add it to your rom. The kitchen will probably ask to do that when you are extracting the whole firmware.

I did the whole process with kitchen 1.2.0.4 and it worked.no need for vendor,cache and odm.i allready uploaded the rom and it works fine. My next problem is how to make the custom rom with permanent permissive rights. I cant find a way to do it before packing the custom rom. Maybe someone alse can tell me...
    It probably works also with A6+

Working on A6+ with sd card but sim card not working