[ROM] [Android 9] Project Treble Rom for Samsung A6

Search This thread

renoxtv

Aug 1, 2018
Nessebar
I have an a605fn and I would like to have a 64bit version, the one you are using and 64bit and for a605fn?

Idk what you are even talking about (I don't even own a A6+ lol) if you want a 64bit OS well thats not possible, blame Lagsung for putting a 32bit OS on a phone with 64bit CPU and kernel. 64bit samsung libs cant be made out of nothing so just forget about it.
Just Switch to Xiaomi like i did, no regrets xD

huawei92

Dec 15, 2015
Idk what you are even talking about (I don't even own a A6+ lol) if you want a 64bit OS well thats not possible, blame Lagsung for putting a 32bit OS on a phone with 64bit CPU and kernel. 64bit samsung libs cant be made out of nothing so just forget about it.
Just Switch to Xiaomi like i did, no regrets xD

wait android 9 on a6 plus that will be '64bit and however on this I blame you on s4mini plus same situation and was created cyanogenmod 13 64bit same thing for huawei y 550 android 32bit with lineage os 64bit the libraries can develop the same
let's talk about snapdragon 450 no of exynos samsung ;)

Last edited:

nebkas

Aug 18, 2008
Bucharest
Finally I got some time to test this ROM. But after flashing and booting up, The device stucks after play protect warning. Any idea? Maybe @phhusson

Attachments

• IMG_20181208_205954.jpg
    IMG_20181208_205954.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_20181208_210212.jpg
    IMG_20181208_210212.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 398

nebkas

Aug 18, 2008
Bucharest
After I flashed opengapps now it works all fine out of the box
adb
storage access
sd access

only sim is not working

may someone has a idea?

Code:
ServiceManagement: Waited one second for [email protected]::IRadio/slot1. Waiting another...
12-08 23:23:03.236   634   634 I [email protected]: getLinkLayerStats
12-08 23:23:05.989 13589 13589 I chatty  : uid=1001(radio) com.android.phone identical 4 lines
12-08 23:23:06.989 13589 13589 W ServiceManagement: Waited one second for [email protected]::IRadio/slot1. Waiting another...

Reactions: lyoko_xana

martimcavaco

May 24, 2018
hey i have a a605fn and it gets stuck on the boot animation, reboots gets on boot animation again and then reboots into recovery. any help i can provide to fix that?

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I don't know too much about treble, But one time, I flashed TNT rom without vendor folder and after that, I flashed this rom and It bootloop into recovery
That's already been covered somewhere in the thread and is simply an encryption issue.
The fstab needs to be patched, to prevent re-encryption after formatting data, which resides in the vendor partition.
I doubt that the WHOLE of the vendor files are being flashed as there'd be no point.

Last edited:
Reactions: lyoko_xana

lyoko_xana

Apr 20, 2017
Redmi Note 10
That's already been covered somewhere in this thread and is simply an encryption issue.
The fstab needs to be patched, to prevent re-encryption after formatting data, which resides in the vendor partition.
I doubt that the WHOLE of the vendor files are being flashed as there'd be no point.
I also flashed a stock rom via odin, twrp. After that, I flased this rom with magisk in order to patch the fstab, and it was bootloop again, but that time, it stuck at Samsung boot animation

Curcepogi

Jan 16, 2014
Anyone tried this on A600G variant? The int'l variant for A6. Not A6+. Is there any bug or apps that arrn't working?

redymedan

Anyone tried this on A600G variant? The int'l variant for A6. Not A6+. Is there any bug or apps that arrn't working?

Yes, It worked. I have tested it, there is a camera bug, you can not use default camera app. You can watch this video https://youtu.be/0p3C_I70EzE very easy to install it. If you connected to internet, you need to register it to google play services to avoid warnings and notifications.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This is an Android 9.0 GSI (Generic system image ) specific for the Samsung A6!

WARNING: The GSI is unstable and some things are not working. Let me know what is not working please!

FLASHING GUIDE:

1. Formata Dalvik, System, Data and Cache.
    2. Install the GSI and click on system image.
    3. Reboot to recovery.
    4. Install latest Magisk. (Not necessary)
    5. Reboot.

BUGS:

No Storage and SD Card access. (On FN Variant)

FIXES

The SIM card reading has been fixed.

Download Link:

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_...9/system-arm32_binder64-aonly-gapps-su.img.xz

Telegram Group:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEWK3LnN80mnvcTUtA

My telegram username: Paxa202

Credits:
    @BlackMesa123
    @phhusson

IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO HELP ME TO MAKE THE GSI STABLE, SEND ME AN PM ON XDA OR AN MESSAGE ON TELEGRAM.
    Just for my understanding, is it impossible to have a full 64 bit OS for our 64bit CPU? Or need Samsung just to release a 64bit bootloader?
    It is possible, and shouldn't be too hard. From what I can tell, you simply need to replace "same-process" HALs, to a 64bits variant. That would be memory mapper, EGL/GLES, RenderScript, and that should be it.
    Hello. Is there a thread where we can see how this prosses if done?
    The only thing "unusual" with the A6 is that it's a 64bits CPU running 32bits OS, with 64bits binder.
    But that's standard in Android Pie.
    So if you build pure AOSP GSI, you just use aosp_arm target.
    For my GSI, that would be treble_a64_xxx (like treble_a64_avS-userdebug) target
    You need to unpack cache.img and add it to your rom. The kitchen will probably ask to do that when you are extracting the whole firmware.

I did the whole process with kitchen 1.2.0.4 and it worked.no need for vendor,cache and odm.i allready uploaded the rom and it works fine. My next problem is how to make the custom rom with permanent permissive rights. I cant find a way to do it before packing the custom rom. Maybe someone alse can tell me...
    It probably works also with A6+

Working on A6+ with sd card but sim card not working