[ROM] [Android 9] Project Treble Rom for Samsung A6

Search This thread

neandsapiens

Sep 5, 2019
answer

Oh my God, it works on my SM-A650FN, and everything would be almost fine, I have 2 bugs. 1 - and the most critical, there is no sound when calling through a dialer, no sound at all, just silence. 2 - I can’t adjust the fingerprint, although the lock works according to the picture (already good)

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Oh my God, it works on my SM-A650FN, and everything would be almost fine, I have 2 bugs. 1 - and the most critical, there is no sound when calling through a dialer, no sound at all, just silence. 2 - I can’t adjust the fingerprint, although the lock works according to the picture (already good)

I flashed the phone without gapps in the way, rebooted, installed open-gapps-micro and magisk, and use the stock launcher because Google does not start (unfortunately), what did I do wrong?

HieuVi

Jun 24, 2015
Hanoi
I tried to flash this GSI(and some others) and got black screen on boot, I can't find a thread with this problem anywhere. does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

Edit: I was using stock Android 10 One UI on A600G

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about doing this to your device
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This is an Android 9.0 GSI (Generic system image ) specific for the Samsung A6!

WARNING: The GSI is unstable and some things are not working. Let me know what is not working please!

FLASHING GUIDE:

1. Formata Dalvik, System, Data and Cache.
    2. Install the GSI and click on system image.
    3. Reboot to recovery.
    4. Install latest Magisk. (Not necessary)
    5. Reboot.

BUGS:

No Storage and SD Card access. (On FN Variant)

FIXES

The SIM card reading has been fixed.

Download Link:

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_...9/system-arm32_binder64-aonly-gapps-su.img.xz

Telegram Group:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEWK3LnN80mnvcTUtA

My telegram username: Paxa202

Credits:
    @BlackMesa123
    @phhusson

IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO HELP ME TO MAKE THE GSI STABLE, SEND ME AN PM ON XDA OR AN MESSAGE ON TELEGRAM.
    Just for my understanding, is it impossible to have a full 64 bit OS for our 64bit CPU? Or need Samsung just to release a 64bit bootloader?
    It is possible, and shouldn't be too hard. From what I can tell, you simply need to replace "same-process" HALs, to a 64bits variant. That would be memory mapper, EGL/GLES, RenderScript, and that should be it.
    Hello. Is there a thread where we can see how this prosses if done?
    The only thing "unusual" with the A6 is that it's a 64bits CPU running 32bits OS, with 64bits binder.
    But that's standard in Android Pie.
    So if you build pure AOSP GSI, you just use aosp_arm target.
    For my GSI, that would be treble_a64_xxx (like treble_a64_avS-userdebug) target
    You need to unpack cache.img and add it to your rom. The kitchen will probably ask to do that when you are extracting the whole firmware.

I did the whole process with kitchen 1.2.0.4 and it worked.no need for vendor,cache and odm.i allready uploaded the rom and it works fine. My next problem is how to make the custom rom with permanent permissive rights. I cant find a way to do it before packing the custom rom. Maybe someone alse can tell me...
    It probably works also with A6+

Working on A6+ with sd card but sim card not working