• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Android Jelly Bean CM10 Liberty testversion 2 [31.Jul.2012]

Search This thread

elektromotive

Jan 22, 2007
pls keep going

I'd really like to have Jelly Bean on my loved Gracia. Flashed your 1st Testversion and I'm really happy with the performance of it.
Missing s2e as the phones memory is to small and and dual mount SD for same time car radio and navigation.

Already made a backup and wait for Testversion 2 :D
Thank you so much

aster190

Jan 27, 2012
Beta 2 will be uploaded today... still I am one of the 2 developers active here(maybe only one?), allso I see few users is only active here... this phone I think going to legend and I think moderators will move soon this forum to legacy devices forum because here is low forum activity... so I think I will stop all develpment for this phone now... going to buy new one!

That's too bad.. :( But I'm glad development got as far as it did on the Aria. I hope you will not completely stop and still work on it every now and then.

Thanks for all the work you did for the Aria, Munjeni! you will be missed.

lokodoe

Mar 29, 2012
Tronoh
Mujeni is leaving? Then it's a sad day for Aria users indeed. Thanks and all the best Mujeni! (Although I'd really hope that you still put your effort on this)

elektromotive

Jan 22, 2007
test 2

wow, it is lightning fast - never had such a good performance with gratia

i made no changes to partition size, instead i deleted some wallpapers, big ringtones and other stuff from zip

this seems to work, camera after second try, phone, wlan, gps, browser (faster page display than ever seen on gratia), gmail, gaaps,...

only disappointment is that i can not move apps to sd and connect sd as storage to pc, any ideas?

thank you dev!!!!

if you need help for testing, give me advice. enough time at work...

Last edited:

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Have no sense porting an armv6 stufs (still 90% complee in cm9) but everytime when new source is out armv6 stufs are completely removed... and this is very very anoyoing working and importing again and again from older sources to new sources that have completely broken armv6 things... so thats an big reason why I will buy an armv7 bassed device and realy leave this old device (I still love aria design/compactness/size/everything needed that is all in one like aria, but realy I have no sense continuing)... what you think which one device (with same size) is best for buy? What you think about Samsung Ace Plus or HTC Desire C ?? Maybe an other?

Last edited:

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
HTC Desire C only has 600 Mhz processing speed. At this time and day, i'd look for something over 1 Ghz. Personally i'm getting the samsung galaxy s3 come october.

I'm sorry to see you go, Munjeni, but I understand why. I've been running and SGS2 as my daily driver phone since last October, but I've faithfully followed this thread, as I'm amazed at how far you and Winsuk have taken development on this little device.

Good luck on whatever device you move too...unfortunately (at least in my mind) there are no hardware manufacturers making high-end devices in smaller form factors that I'm aware of.

Thanks.

aster190

Jan 27, 2012
That's too bad Munjeni :( i really was looking forward to a very stable JB ROM for us HTC users :( I just hope I can get a new phone soon :( Our phone is almost completely dry now :(

Well WinSuk told me that he's working on JB CM10 right now, so there's still a chance that we will have a stable JB rom. But it's still a bummer that Munjeni is leaving :(

What you think about Samsung Ace Plus or HTC Desire C ?? Maybe an other?

Maybe you should try the HTC Golf? I thought it looked pretty good.

I also have a question: do I install Gapps after reboot? or can I just install it right after the rom?

Last edited:

KillerBeaver

Oct 19, 2010
I'm going to get a onex tomorrow so I understand as well. This has been one of the greatest phones with regards to developers, support, and overall kindness of people in this forum. I'm going to miss it. I hope the onex forum will be close to the experience I've had here with the aria forums. :)

Sent from my Liberty using xda app-developers app

j3r3goss

Apr 11, 2011
Gladewater, TX
What you think about Samsung Ace Plus or HTC Desire C ?? Maybe an other?

I recently picked up the Samsung Exhilarate, it's a little bigger but still not a monster, has dual core 1.2ghz, and found that the Samsung Blaze has very similar chipsets so CWM and roms for it mostly working on Exhilarate.

Thanks for all your hard work keeping the liberty alive:thumbup:

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium

dansou901

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus Nord
I just wanted to mention a few bugs. First of all, there is some graphics glitch in the notification bar, for example after successfull market installations and incoming emails. Also neither USB connection to PC nor Links2SD work, as already mentioned. The graphics problem do get problematic when trying it in Launcher7 with a background picture; the screen becomes unusable then because it won't refresh correctly. For me, everything else what I need works; so thank you for this surprinsingly smooth ROM. It's sad you're going to leave the forum, but it would be nice if you would just fix these three bugs; highest priority is a working apps2SD solution. Thank you!

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
HTC Desire C only has 600 Mhz processing speed. At this time and day, i'd look for something over 1 Ghz. Personally i'm getting the samsung galaxy s3 come october.

Got it yesterday... quadrant score is 2600 runing on stock 600mhz (without owerclocking) and its new armv7 procesor with new generation floating point and I must to say phone runing very good... screen is 5mm around larger than htc aria... on quadrant scores I can see some quys runing phone owerclocked to 1000mhz with quadrand larger than 3000, video fps is >60 so these all things is realy good for this small phone...etc, I am satisfied now with new phone because there is ics 4.0 sense with everything working and with good speed improvements in new hardware...

Last edited:

supetawesomedude

Mar 17, 2011
Gilroy
Got it yesterday... quadrant score is 2600 runing on stock 600mhz (without owerclocking) and its new armv7 procesor with new generation floating point and I must to say phone runing very good... screen is 5mm around larger than htc aria... on quadrant scores I can see some quys runing phone owerclocked to 1000mhz with quadrand larger than 3000, video fps is >60 so these all things is realy good for this small phone...etc, I am satisfied now with new phone because there is ics 4.0 sense with everything working and with good speed improvements in new hardware...
So now you won't be developing at all for the HTC Aria anymore? :(

AlbinoAsian

Nov 2, 2010
Thailand

Glad to hear you got something thats perfect for you. I've been on Galaxy Nexus for the past 4 months. Never dreamed of having such a good phone. Thanks for all your hard work on the Aria, recently I gave it away to someone as their first android. They're happy :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Liberty

This is a CM10 bassed rom for HTC Aria/Liberty based on CM10 source repo

Screenshoots:
    24263065.png
    22817104.png
    93373800.png

68135773.png
    49049274.png
    54380721.png

Currently working and not working:

What works:
    • Hardware acceleration (EGL)
    • Audio, audio plyer, equilazer
    • Wallpaper, live wallpaper
    • Mobile network and search mobile networks (mobile internet untested)
    • Wifi
    • ... not have time for testing!

What not works:

What working but not good:
    • Bluetooth (sometimes could not turn on/off)
    • Camera
    • Lightsensor (its in reverse order - in darkness button light turning off, in lightness button light turning on, auto levels for screen is untested)

Download CM10 rom - 28.Jul.2012__testversion 1:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/ZgO03jDD/cm10_liberty-ota-engroot_testv.html
    md5: C987FB0447C03CBC10B117A78B134177

Download CM10 rom - 31.Jul.2012__testversion 2:
    NOTE:
    For this version you need hboot_cus installed because standard partition layout have no enought space for system partition!!! Generate/install hboot_cus (hboot_cus 1984 320 1417) !!!
    http://www.2shared.com/file/1kwbRmqk/cm10_liberty-ota-engroot_testv.html
    md5: 5D160EF260507D9D3068B72109EF2393

Gapps for JB::
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip
    (This is maybe old so you can search for new gaps!)

First, big thanks to Qualcomm and their user space library that was needed for HW acceleration!!!
    Google - for his great aosp source (stil not very because armv6 is allways broken after his update) :)
    CyanogenMod and CyanogenMod Team for his always hard work on source
    Shelnutt2 for giving me some help and ideas in asembly
    Instruction/fixes/changelog is here:

28.Jul.2012__testversion 1:
    • First test version

28.Jul.2012__testversion 2:
    • Work in progress in media codecs (low video on youtube full working, hq video freze)
    • Work in progress in liboverlay (low video on youtube full working, hq video freze)
    NOTE:
    For this version you need hboot_cus installed because standard partition layout have no enought space for system partition!!! Generate/install hboot_cus (hboot_cus 1984 320 1417) !!!
    Testversion 2 is out, please read carefully red line in changelog!

Happy testing!
    Beta 2 will be uploaded today... still I am one of the 2 developers active here(maybe only one?), allso I see few users is only active here... this phone I think going to legend and I think moderators will move soon this forum to legacy devices forum because here is low forum activity... so I think I will stop all develpment for this phone now... going to buy new one!
    Or maybe he wanted to know if there is more/less things working on this rom.

Exactly! This is what I meant. Thanks for clearing the air for me