[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - maguro - JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

salivaman

Nov 10, 2010
hi,

i have a problem loading some pages where the page would complete loading, but what appears is just a white blank screen and i would have to click or zoom in/out of the page in order for the content to appear. so just wondering, is there a difference in the way the browser in this rom renders the web pages compared to the browsers in other roms/stock?

A

alexluckett

Cannot explain how impressed I am with this ROM, the customization options are fantastic!

Is anybody else getting some noticeable lag, when pressing the "recent apps" button? I've got it set to the usual ICS theme (rather than horizontal).

raubkatze

Nov 8, 2009
St. Petersburg
www.offenberg.ru
Why was the 2g-3g toggle removed and is anyone elses Rom control fc-ing when you open lockscreen settings?

ROM Control > Toggles > Enabled toggles > 2G

Use english menu. There is a problem with deutsche translation

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Cannot explain how impressed I am with this ROM, the customization options are fantastic!

Is anybody else getting some noticeable lag, when pressing the "recent apps" button? I've got it set to the usual ICS theme (rather than horizontal).

works fine for me in normal and tablet mode

Nordpolcamper

Jul 5, 2010
Heinsberg
ROM Control > Toggles > Enabled toggles > 2G

Use english menu. There is a problem with deutsche translation

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

works fine for me in normal and tablet mode

Thank you very much, the language change solved it ;) didnt even recognize the difference from before ^^

kingchris

Apr 17, 2007
For all Users of the GERMAN LOCALE

i have fixed the ROMControl.apk and added the missing Strings and Values

pleas backup your old ROMControl.apk if you have problems or FC's after replacing
for me, it works without Problems

PS: I also fixed the Toggles-Translation and added the Fast Charge Toggle

---EDIT---
HERE is version 2 of the FIX.

in the first Version you can't change the Lockscreen-apps while the german locale is set

Last edited:

RensoreK

Apr 15, 2007
Just wondering if anyone has had this minor annoyance. After a while it seems the UI bogs down greatly, doesn't matter the kernel, doesn't matter the launcher. The frame rate drops noticeably, this can be solve by restarting the UI, or enabling the Horizontal Tasks option (which essentially does the same thing). Does anyone know why this happens? I've tried to isolate it myself and try to keep it from happening but I haven't been able to. I searched the thread and haven't found anything close to mentioning that (forgive me if it IS there). Thanks for any info anyone can provide to help me out.

schizophrenia

May 11, 2009
Gtalk on AOKP

guys... when on stock Android 4.0.2, during gtalk video chat, you can click on your own video frame and enlarge it and then choose effect like the face transformations effects etc

is this feature disabled on AOKP? I am on b28 and tried gtalk video chat and on my own video frame there is a lock icon and it wont enlarge when i click on it. that means there will not be any face transformation effects.

any insight? thanks

Edit: it works now after charged full and a reboot
i suspect it has something to do with disabled during low battery level or something

Last edited:

dj666jp

Jun 23, 2010
<edit>
I still can't flash M4 or b28 (bootloop) but I tried and had same problem with FoxHound ROM, so I'll try to find where it come from, and where is the good place to post about my problem.
</edit>

Last edited:

hasnol143

Jan 2, 2012
Montreal
Can someone tell me how to deactivate the select input method that pops up every time i try to type? Plus i got a new Japanese keyboard that i did not manually add...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

spaceman860

Jan 11, 2012
Can someone tell me how to deactivate the select input method that pops up every time i try to type? Plus i got a new Japanese keyboard that i did not manually add...

Rom control> General UI> Show IME switcher

Sent from my GNex {GSM} T-Mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: hasnol143

neotekz

Oct 7, 2007
Ottawa
anyone have problem with the official swype beta? i installed swype from the activation email but the resolution is not right, the keyboard is tiny. i didn't change the lcd density it's set at the default 320dpi.

Maguire11

Feb 22, 2012
I'm on b28 francos m2. 3 days ago I switched over from CNA. AOKP won me over mainly from the pictures that you can add to the custom lock screen targets. Also the fact that roman is so involved and responsive is a plus.

One bug (i think) to report. I can't seem to toggle swagger off.. I mean I can't go around being so swagtastic 24/7.. It's tiring.

I'm using the toggle icons if it means anything.

MuayThaiFighter8

Jan 7, 2011
Antwerp, Belgium
I'm on b28 francos m2. 3 days ago I switched over from CNA. AOKP won me over mainly from the pictures that you can add to the custom lock screen targets. Also the fact that roman is so involved and responsive is a plus.

One bug (i think) to report. I can't seem to toggle swagger off.. I mean I can't go around being so swagtastic 24/7.. It's tiring.

I'm using the toggle icons if it means anything.

Don't worry swagger doesn't do anything. It's just swagga baby!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: jroyalty7

raubkatze

Nov 8, 2009
St. Petersburg
www.offenberg.ru
anyone have problem with the official swype beta? i installed swype from the activation email but the resolution is not right, the keyboard is tiny. i didn't change the lcd density it's set at the default 320dpi.

No problem with keyboard size. Neither on 320 or 192 (tablet mode) dpi

6866590354_9f119cbd47.jpg

mikeandjaimie

Aug 5, 2010
Kingston

Works perfectly well here.. Been using it for a while, can't use anything else lol

tnicko

Mar 6, 2010

You didn't change the navigation bar height or width did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Whitehawkx builds Unofficial AOKP

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Roman! AOKP sucks at the moment! Please do something innovative!

Bad dev....

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Bad user
    Seriously though

If AOKP sucks, don't let the door hit you on the way out :D
    you could clearly see it was downloaded 3000+ times.

People are sickening. Always thinking they are better than you and always have worthless **** to say to make them selves feel superior or better than you. How much does it really bother you people? Always wasting my time reading your smart ass remarks did you really have to waste posts to correct this person? His post helped me to know there was a new build without having to scroll back pages but posts like yours are what gets me. So much juvenile drama makes me wonder how old most are. How bad would it have hurt you to just ignore his post without adding to it with more senseless posts? Give it a rest you will be ok. Don't worry I bet he won't dare do it again.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
    AOKP JB first nightly: http://mirror.xfer.in/maguro/aokp_maguro_jb-0729.zip source: aokp_rom twitter
    GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip source: goo.im/gapps
    GAPPS PICASA WORKING: http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-eos-signed.zip source: http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/gapps/

Features so far:
    ROM Control -> General UI -> Misc -> Enable Volume Panel
    ROM Control -> General UI -> Misc -> Show notification count
    ROM Control -> LED options -> LED On/Off
    ROM Control -> Clock -> Clock style
    ROM Control -> Clock -> AM/PM style
    ROM Control -> Clock -> Day of the week
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Enable Toggles
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Toggle order
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Toggle Layout
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Advanced settings -> Toggle style
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Advanced settings -> Reset toggles
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery icon style
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery icon in notification
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options ->
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar location
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar style
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Charging animation
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar color
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar thickness
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Menu location
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Menu visibility
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Navigation quantity
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Navigation bar buttons
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Advanced settings -> Navigation bar height
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Advanced settings -> Navigation bar height landscape
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Advanced settings -> Navigation bar width
    Themes -> Theme Chooser

..this should avoid a lot of repeating questions :)

Bugs I have:
    Gallery wont sync (TeamEos gApps fix this)
    Navigation bar longpress action Menu wont work in launcher (wont go to settings)

It's impressive to see how many features they already have included - considering they started from scratch! and I must say the butter really makes the 4.1 smooth!
    It can't be long before all their features is included!