Course im frustrated. If i cant use a phone because i decided to upgrade and considering its always worked good i thought it would this time too but apparently not. And whats a "provided" if you dont actually use the quote system to actually notify the user that you have? That is what i assumed people would do if they provide something. But my bad. Ill search for it right away.
---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------
What firmware do i need for this? Is it 4.16.401.10 provided on the firmware collection?
---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------
Yes, as long as your CID matches/WWE model.
---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------
You need to be rooted. You'll find it here: /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/app_fota/
There is a more difficult way to find it thru TWRP but I have no idea.
Hi all I have one question so I hope that experts will give the correct answer. Before the official update appeared ruu.zip file on a Polish site and then for 3 days arrived official update for HTC One M8 with magical R letter. the question is whether it is one and the same or the difference is still legally ruu is imminent.If you're s-off....... download - rename to 0P6BIMG.zip - put on root of external sd-card - reboot to bootloader. That's it, wait for it to update.
Remember to delete from external sd otherwise it'll want to run whenever you enter bootloader.
Make sure file name is ".zip" not ".zip.zip"
First character in file name is zero.
Edit, once in bootloader follow instructions on screen, ie, which buttons to use to confirm you want to install it.
Mine, not. I'm S-ON.
You can, but you will not have the latest firmware. From what I've read, people have reported running the older firmware with MM just fine, but you're more likely to run into problems in the future than you'd be if you went the proper way and got the newest firmware. Either flash it directly (if you're s-off) or go back to stock and get the OTA (if you're s-on and it's available for your phone). Or just try this one and do the update at some later point.Hey people, need some help. I wanted to update to MM, but I thought it might be too much hassle (getting to stock again), and I wanted to try this rom.
The question is, can I simply add rom to external, go to my TWRP rec and zip install this? Also wipe data/system I guess. My m8 is android v5.0.1, sense 6.0, software # 4.20.631.3
I may be missing something, but where can I dl 53.0? All I see is 51.0 on the front page. Thanks.
Sorry for making you answer questions on Mike's behalf, but; do you know when it'll be available? Trying to decide whether I should just go for the current 51.0 or wait for this. Not sure how long it usually takes for him to publish.
I hope somebody released a good and easy to understand guide for upgrading the m8 firmware from 4.xx to 6.xx for an unbraned (belgium WWE phone) s-on M8 with twrp and ARHD 51 installed. Because i want to upgrade to the new firmware but i am somewhat lost in all the different forums/guides that are available out there for doing it (and im not that super good at flashing and stuff). Hope also that mike realeases v53 fast so whe can flash that one.
Also have a small problem with google play music on v51. It seems it cant fine all my music files that are on my extrenal storage; a problem with the program or the rom? did upgrade this rom from v45 (i think) to v51 with dirty flash.
What is Sense 6 Toolbox?
Sense 6 Toolbox module contains a large variety of mods that will improve almost every aspect of your Sense device. You have to have Xposed installed to use these mods. For more info about Xposed refer to the original thread.
A note about compatibility. We develop the toolbox on ARHD on the HTC One M7 and M8. That ensures that every mod is compatible with ARHD. We can't test the mods on every other ROM. But as long as the ROM is near stock without deep changes, it should work there too. For the best and most complete experience I recommend using ARHD.
Which mods are included?
For a complete list, please head over to http://sensetoolbox.com/6/modslist.
Here is a summary:
- Transparent statusbar and notification drawer
- Center clock, AM/PM removal, traffic meter, horizontal EQS
- Gestures to manipulate recent apps and additional information about each app, AOSP styled recents
- [Sense 6] Custom color themes for every app
- Icons by vomer (CleanBeam)
- Customizable color themes for all new statusbar icons
- Ability to hide icons
- Transparency for many UI elements (dock, clock widget, app drawer, folders, etc)
- Infinite apps in folders, 7 home screens, home popup menu, more grid options for homescreens and app drawer
- Actions for vertical swipes and shaking on homescreens, horizontal swipes on dock
- Wake on SMS, increase MMS size
- Replace delivery notifications with toasts
- Increase MMS size
- Activate flashlight on power long press
- Bind actions to hardware buttons (Back long press and swipe up from Home)
- Bind actions to volume keys for camera and music playback controls
- [M8] Smaller softkey bar
- Advanced Power Menu
- Show more information about installed apps and apps that are being installed
- Improved screen locking and unlocking
- Hardware buttons backlight control
- Large caller photo in dialer and on lockscreen during calls
- Disable unwanted notifications and confirmation dialogs
- On/off screen animations (Fade, CRT)
Toolbox supports settings backup and restore using default Andriod cloud capabilities. Enable backup in Settings > Backup & reset. Now every time you uninstall and install Toolbox its settings will be automatically restored. If you want to save/restore settings between reinstallations, use local backup on SDCard function (its button is next to Hot Reboot).