[ROM] Android Revolution HD 53.1 | ART | High Quality & Performance | 6.12.401.4_R

Search This thread

ahmed.ismael

Oct 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Xiaomi Poco F3
Great thanks. i just want to make sure i grab the right firmware -- i found mikes thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696282 and it says that i need to match my CID number --- if I'm superCID "111111.." it doesn't matter i can pick any one then correct?

ahhhh oops just re-read your post. i think that's what you're referring to. thanks

"
Your CID number must be exactly the same. If it's written "HTC__001" it means you can't flash it, if your CID is "02__001". The whole text must match!"

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

That's not what it says here.. ? in fact i found this method on the same thread you just linked me to...
There are 3 main methods to flash Firmware, which are technically the same (the actual flash is always carried out by the hboot, but the way to get there can be different). I will cover 2 methods. My “automatic” (FUU) approach (simulating HTC’s RUU) and a manual (RUUMode ZIP) approach. The third method, placing a firmware.zip on the SDcard is already covered by @skulldreamz over HERE.

http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/development/firmware-flashing-panic-attacks-t2824048

Instructions:

1. Download firmware of choice in above links
2. Rename firmware to 0P6BIMG.zip (the first character is a zero, NOT A LETTER O)
3. Put renamed firmware.zip on your external_SD
4. Boot into your bootloader and make sure your in hboot and let it update its firmware.
5. No PC, no adb, no fastboot, no terminal is needed, just a root explorer to rename and transfer the renamed firmware file to external_sd
6. After you have updated your firmware, make sure to remove the 0P6BIMG.zip from your external_sd because it will ask to update your firmware everytime your reboot to your bootloader which it is technically supposed to do but its unnecessary after you have done it once (unless you are planning on flashing firmware again).
7.Profit!
thats it good to go with this method

grafik2

Jun 13, 2007
Update your TWRP to the latest version. You are s-off, so you can flash any MM firmware of your choice, just make sure you flash it twice. Then you're ready for ARHD 53.1. Your os version will show again after you flash the new TWRP and firmware in that order. Enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

Well I got twrp v 3, downloaded the m8 firmware, renamed it on SD card, got it to install, and it said success, hit power to reboot. White screen says HTC powered by android for about twenty min. Figured something was wrong by then , only thing I can do is hold power and vol up to get screen to go black for five sec, then right back to the white screen. So I did it again and held vol down while screen was black, got back to bootloader. It finds firmware again and asks to install, I hit yes since u mentioned to do it twice. It finishes, same thing white screen for ten plus min.

Hoping it'll get to recovery after battery dies soi can flash arhd since its on my SD card, unless anyone has any other suggestions. Its showing the 6.20.502.5 as OS in bootloader

Einwod

Mar 1, 2011
Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Well I got twrp v 3, downloaded the m8 firmware, renamed it on SD card, got it to install, and it said success, hit power to reboot. White screen says HTC powered by android for about twenty min. Figured something was wrong by then , only thing I can do is hold power and vol up to get screen to go black for five sec, then right back to the white screen. So I did it again and held vol down while screen was black, got back to bootloader. It finds firmware again and asks to install, I hit yes since u mentioned to do it twice. It finishes, same thing white screen for ten plus min.

Hoping it'll get to recovery after battery dies soi can flash arhd since its on my SD card, unless anyone has any other suggestions. Its showing the 6.20.502.5 as OS in bootloader
Have you flashed the ROM itself? After flashing firmware, do not reboot but go to recovery. First rename or remove the firmware file, then flash the ROM. Are you sure your device is from AT&T? Post results of fastboot getvar all after removing your serial and IMEI numbers.

chiman

Dec 2, 2005
Just did a clean install again (53.1) and found a problem which was before not the case.

When using a older version of QuickPic, I can't modify any pictures which are saved on the SD card.
A "Load Failed!" message appears.

Before I did a clean install, this feature was working.
It seems like there is a restriction (of the app) writing on the SD card.

Anyone who have a solution to solve this?

ahmed.ismael

Oct 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Xiaomi Poco F3
Just did a clean install again (53.1) and found a problem which was before not the case.

When using a older version of QuickPic, I can't modify any pictures which are saved on the SD card.
A "Load Failed!" message appears.

Before I did a clean install, this feature was working.
It seems like there is a restriction (of the app) writing on the SD card.

Anyone who have a solution to solve this?
have you gave the app it's permission

Sent from my HTC M8 using Tapatalk

grafik2

Jun 13, 2007
Have you flashed the ROM itself? After flashing firmware, do not reboot but go to recovery. First rename or remove the firmware file, then flash the ROM. Are you sure your device is from AT&T? Post results of fastboot getvar all after removing your serial and IMEI numbers.

I didn't flash the ROM yet because the only thing I could do was get it back to bootloader, and which case it would find the firmware and ask if i wanted to install it. if i said no it would power off, i said yes it would reinstall and then bootloop again.

i took the SD card out, plugged it into PC renamed the firmware so that bootloader wouldn't see it, put it back in, and i was able to get to recovery finally. however my TWRP is gone it's a diferent recovery. i tried installing ARHD but while it says opening cache it finally says E: footer is wrong or something similar, and then installation aborted.

pretty weird

i used this firmware --- - M8_6.20.502.5_ATT_FullStock from this thread
http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/development/progress-fuu-m8-t2813792

in it it says:
FullStock Wipe ZIP/FUU: this type of zip also re-flashes the /data partition with HTC’s DZDATA files (meaning you lose everything on your internal SDCARD). Also replaces the Kernel, Ramdisk, recovery and Splash1 with latest stock images! The /system partition will not be touched. (Else this would be a RUU, not a FUU). Phone will NOT boot after using this! Be sure to put a ROM onto your EXTERNAL SD before proceeding with a FullWipe ZIP! Else you can also ADB push a ROM in recovery mode after fastboot reflashing a recovery.

i did not do a full wipe in recovery before installing the firmware i assumed that it would do it itself. should i have done full wipe in recovery before doing it? i might be able to now...

however at this point i'm still worried about why the ARHD wouldn't install... can i check MD5 from the PC somehow?

i wonder if it's the stock recovery....:
http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one-m8/help/flash-saying-efooter-wrong-signature-t3149087

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

so I went with a different firmware M8_6.20.502.5_ATT_NoWipe_TWRP3020 and after installing it i got the bootloop again so I remove the SD card to again rename the firmware something the bootloader won't see, putting SD back in i can get into TWRP. bootloader still showing the 6.20... OS

From TWRP I try to install ARHD 53.1 and I get"

updating partition details...
failed to mount '.carrier' (invalid argument)
...done
full selinux support is present
MTP enabled
installing zip file '/external_sd/Android_Revolution_HD-One_M8_53.1_c8bf38.zip'
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
Verifying zip signature...
zip signature verification failed!
Error installing zip file '/external_sd/Android_Revolution_HD-One_M8_53.1_c8bf38.zip'

Updating partition details...
failed to mount '.carrier' (invalid argument)
...done

Last edited:

grafik2

Jun 13, 2007
Unsure of WTF has happened in the past 12 hours, however I just UNCHECKED the zip verification box at the swipe to install screen, and voila next thing I know i'm installing 53.1. Some things I'll never understand.

I can only hope this will be helpful for someone in the future

Last edited:

IV3RCN

Jan 3, 2014
Two problem.... help me please!

Good morning
I have two questions:
I wanted to know if you do not work the T9 during searches of chrome it by writing something with google translator.
The second problem is that it no longer works the 'NFC. Can you help please?
THIS ROM IS OTHERWISE FANTASTIC!
GOOD JOB!

grafik2

Jun 13, 2007
Is there a setting to tweak to get the phone to ring?

I get voicemails, but when calling my cellphone from my desk, nothing shows up on the cellphone until the voicemail notification pops up. It rings regular 4 times on the phone I"m calling from but nothing happens on the M8, no option to answer or decline. Everything else working as expected.

As if, I removed and reinserted the SIM card. Phone rings regularly now. How the phone wasn't ringing, but data and outgoing calls worked fine, again beyond me. Might help anyone else having same problem

Last edited:

IV3RCN

Jan 3, 2014
Good morning.
After the flashing of the ROM I have these two problems:
First: no longer appears the NFC icon.
Second: the T9 will not work in google search.
Can someone help me?t
Thank you.

Hidden Username

Dec 25, 2012
Good morning.
After the flashing of the ROM I have these two problems:
First: no longer appears the NFC icon.
Second: the T9 will not work in google search.
Can someone help me?t
Thank you.
NFC is at Settings-->More... which is under Wireless and Networks

T9 I am not sure.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

IV3RCN

Jan 3, 2014
Thanks for your answer.
NFC works correctly, but not the icon on the top bar appears.
T9 will not work in research with chrome.
Help help.
The rest seems okay.

Hidden Username

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks for your answer.
NFC works correctly, but not the icon on the top bar appears.
T9 will not work in research with chrome.
Help help.
The rest seems okay.
I believe the NFC is an FTC/CSA mandated thing so that the user knows what connections are allowed. This ROM is based on international which does not have that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sep3w.png

Proudly presenting you the most popular ROM for HTC One M8...

one_2014.png

experience.png

"My phone is now perfectly smooth, fast, stable. I do not expect much more from my phone!"
    DarkAdrien

"This release is amazing! ROM feels super fast! Great job Mike & the team! (...) Never noticed any lag. 1 word: brilliant."
    Selec1

"Feels a lot smoother in use - scrolling, swiping between sense screens. Much nicer feel. This is a real good one, Mike. Many thanks :)"
    dsm52

Intro.png

about.png

System details:
    • Android 6.0.0 (Marshmallow) - latest official HTC One 6.12.401.4_R (WWE) firmware (53.x series)
    • Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) - latest *STOCK* ROMs without modifications ---> click here
    • This is improved version of stock ROM - no visual changes!
    • Very fast, clean & stable!
    • Full HTC Sense 7.0 Interface
    • Multi-language (WWE)
    • For HTC One M8
    • Thanks to HTC for the base firmware

Included kernel details:
    • Stock kernel (the most stable)

ROM details:
    • Removed software (CPU) rendering - full Snapdragon 801 (GPU) rendering
    • Fully optimized and tweaked
    • Root access
    • Unsecured boot.img
    • Newest BusyBox
    • RAM optimizations
    • System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
    • Improved virtual memory management
    • Speed optimizations
    • Enabled GPU UI rendering
    • Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
    • Bloatware applications removed
    • All /system applications updated to latest available
    • All /data applications updated to latest available
    • Improved CPU governors performance
    • Most optimal system scheduler
    • Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
    • Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
    • Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
    • Fully de-odexed
    • init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
    • Auto init.d permissions set on boot
    • sysro/sysrw commands support
    • Excellent battery life!
    • Improved EXT4 performance
    • OpenVPN support
    • Most up-to-date system files permissions
    • Adobe Flash Player support
    • Support almost 24h a day
    • ...and many more!

You need:

How to flash:
    • Download ROM and place it on your virtual SD card
    • Boot your phone in recovery mode (vol down + power)
    • In main menu, select "install zip from sdcard"
    • Select "choose zip from sdcard" and browse to the location of Android Revolution ROM
    • You can use data wiping option in AROMA (optionally if coming from earlier version of my ROM, obligatory if coming from stock or other custom ROM)
    • After flashing process is complete, reboot the device

changelog.png

Android Revolution HD 53.1
    --- release date: 29 January 2016 ---
    • Based on the latest 6.12.401.4_R update
    • De-odexed using latest smali/baksmali
    • Fully optimized with latest tools
    • SuperSU updated to latest 2.67
    • Removed Facebook - available in the Google Play
    • Updated HTC apps
    • Updated Google apps
    • Updated custom apps
    • Restored AntHal Serivce per popular request
    • Other minor changes and fixes
    • Included and updated applications:

--- Data partition ---
      Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.81 (minAPI 14)
      Adobe Reader 15.3.1 (minAPI 15)
      Dropbox 3.0.6.2 (minAPI 15)
      Twitter 5.92.0 (minAPI 15)
      --- System partition ---
      Gmail 5.10.112808100 (minAPI 14)
      Google Play 6.0.5 (minAPI 9)
      SuperSU 2.62
      --- Aroma installer ---
      Google Hangouts 7.0.113181153 (minAPI 16)
      Google Maps 9.18.2 (minAPI 18)
      Google Maps 9.18.2 (minAPI 18-arm64)
      Google Plus 6.9.0.109739908 (minAPI 15)
      Google Plus 6.9.0.109819508 (minAPI 19)
      Google YouTube 11.01.53 (minAPI 15)
      Google YouTube 10.49.59 (minAPI 15-arm64)
      Google TalkBack 4.4.0 (minAPI 16)
      Google Chrome 47.0.2526.83 (minAPI 16)
      Google Chrome 47.0.2526.83 (minAPI 21)
      Google Music 6.2.2224U.2493459 (minAPI 14)
      Google Keep 3.3.025.0 (minAPI 14)
      Google Keep 3.3.025.0 (minAPI 14-arm64)
      Google Drive 2.3.474.23.30 (minAPI 14)
      Google Drive 2.3.474.23.40 (minAPI 14-arm64)
      Google App 5.7.14.16 (minAPI 16)
      Google App 5.7.14.19 (minAPI 19)
      Google App 5.7.14.19 (minAPI 19-arm64)
    - If your current firmware version doesn't match ROM firmware version, wiping data inside AROMA is highly recommended!

Important notes:
    1. If you want to say "Thanks!"

There are many ways to show your support to the developer. You can:
    • Press the "Thanks" button.
    • Hit the donation button and "buy me a beer".
    • Share your opinion about my work and write some feedback in respective thread.
    • Advertise my work to your friends.
    • Rate my thread with 5 stars.
    Every way of support is highly appreciated, but it's not expected!

2. Sharing policy

This forum is about sharing. If you want to use any part of my work, please feel free to do it but remember about some simple rules:
    • Inform me about using my work by sending me a message. You don’t need my permission, just inform me.
    • Include link to my thread from where you took particular files.
    • Give proper credits for what you used.
    • When it comes to using my ROM as a base you are free to do it only if I don't have "Stock ROMs" thread available for particular device. If such thread exists, you are
      obligated to take ROMs from there instead. These threads with "Stock ROMs" are usually updated within 24 hours from the moment when I release my custom ROM.

Sharing is one thing, but please respect some areas of my work like:
    • ROM name - "Android Revolution HD", "Android Revolution", "Revo HD", "AR HD" etc.
    • Graphics used in my threads, especially head-banners designed exclusivity for me.
    • Other parts of my work that are not supposed to be used by others without proper permission.
    Please let me keep my threads design unique. I’m sure you can do something even better yourself!

3. Support

If you have any issues or questions, please feel free to post them in the respective thread. Due to my commitments in real life I can't answer every PM, tweet or facebook post.
    If you want to get the fastest and the best answer - ask the question in the thread. Every month I need to remove about 1.000 new messages from my XDA inbox. I’m sure it’s better if I spend this time cooking new ROMs.​

4. Signature banners for users

Due to the increasing number of users flashing my ROMs we introduced some time ago 3 special groups of members.
    • Android Revolution HD Recognized User – every user might get this rank with proper banner by being active in my thread (or threads).
      Helping users to solve problems, answering questions or preparing threads with add-ons for Android Revolution HD are the most common ways to gain this rank. Just be active and we’ll contact you!

• Android Revolution HD Advanced User – every user might get this rank with proper banner by doing some amazing modification, application, theme etc. for Android Revolution HD.
      Creating simple bootanimation might not be enough, but you never know! Having Recognized User status before is not needed!

• Android Revolution HD Supporter – every user who shared some server space with us (with proper bandwidth) will get this banner. Please keep in mind we can't use DropBox shared folders.
      What we can use is minimum 20 GB of space and 10 Mbit upload speed. If you want to donate some server space to us, please contact me via private message.
    Apart of those special banners, every user might use one of our amazing user banners collected in this thread.

Finally, thanks for using my work! I hope you will enjoy Android Revolution HD!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] Android Revolution HD 53.1 | ART | High Quality & Performance | 6.12.401.4_R, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    mike1986., langer hans, Mikanoshi, Lizard
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-03-26
    Last Updated 2016-01-30
    Sense 6 Toolbox

5Pmnoef.png
    Sense 6 Toolbox
    by Mikanoshi & me

What is Sense 6 Toolbox?
    Sense 6 Toolbox module contains a large variety of mods that will improve almost every aspect of your Sense device. You have to have Xposed installed to use these mods. For more info about Xposed refer to the original thread.

A note about compatibility. We develop the toolbox on ARHD on the HTC One M7 and M8. That ensures that every mod is compatible with ARHD. We can't test the mods on every other ROM. But as long as the ROM is near stock without deep changes, it should work there too. For the best and most complete experience I recommend using ARHD.

Which mods are included?
    For a complete list, please head over to http://sensetoolbox.com/6/modslist.

Here is a summary:

Interface mods
    • Transparent statusbar and notification drawer
    • Center clock, AM/PM removal, traffic meter, horizontal EQS
    • Gestures to manipulate recent apps and additional information about each app, AOSP styled recents
    • [Sense 6] Custom color themes for every app

Statusbar mods
    • Icons by vomer (CleanBeam)
    • Customizable color themes for all new statusbar icons
    • Ability to hide icons

Sense mods
    • Transparency for many UI elements (dock, clock widget, app drawer, folders, etc)
    • Infinite apps in folders, 7 home screens, home popup menu, more grid options for homescreens and app drawer
    • Actions for vertical swipes and shaking on homescreens, horizontal swipes on dock

Messaging mods
    • Wake on SMS, increase MMS size
    • Replace delivery notifications with toasts
    • Increase MMS size

Controls mods
    • Volume2wake
    • Activate flashlight on power long press
    • Bind actions to hardware buttons (Back long press and swipe up from Home)
    • Bind actions to volume keys for camera and music playback controls
    • [M8] Smaller softkey bar

Various mods
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Show more information about installed apps and apps that are being installed
    • Improved screen locking and unlocking
    • Hardware buttons backlight control
    • Large caller photo in dialer and on lockscreen during calls
    • Disable unwanted notifications and confirmation dialogs
    • On/off screen animations (Fade, CRT)

How to use the Toolbox?
    First you must have Xposed Framework installed (more Info here). After that enable the Sense 6 Toolbox module in the Xposed Installer, set up the mods you like and tap 'Soft Reboot' icon to apply them.

Backup functionality
    Toolbox supports settings backup and restore using default Andriod cloud capabilities. Enable backup in Settings > Backup & reset. Now every time you uninstall and install Toolbox its settings will be automatically restored. If you want to save/restore settings between reinstallations, use local backup on SDCard function (its button is next to Hot Reboot).

For downloads, support and more info, please head over to the Toolbox thread.