• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 7.3 & 9.2 | High Quality & Performance | O/C | Legendary

Last edited:

zepp3lin

Mar 29, 2011
I come here once in a while to update my old standby phone HTC DHD. Mike should support more on LTEs model phone as that gonna be the future in every phone. Using a Samsung Note2 LTE for now and maybe a Note4 by the end of this year and definitely a LTE model.

gcarter

May 4, 2011
Gloucester
I know it's an odd request but does anyone still have a copy of the Modified quicksettings xl for v5 version? The links are no longer working on the 1st page

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

jvchawk

Nov 17, 2009
Frozen screen after (apparent!) successful flash

Hello,

First I do apologize in case after wandering more than 5 hours today in dozens of different forums trying to fix my problem I finish asking for help in the ...wrong forum :eek:. Should it be the case then please help redirect me to the new path. Thanks.

I managed days after days to convince my girl friend to let me flash her HTC Desire HD to a better, smoother, nicer, faster Android_Revolution_HD rom. After long hesitations she said yes and I launched myself immediately this morning.

Recaps:

1. No problem to unlock via htcdev (I bypassed the intermediate upgrade rom as the upgrade regularly failed) and managed to generate and use the "device Identifier Token" to unlock the device. (See pic).

2. No problem to use fastboot from PC to install ClockworkMod Recovery V5.8.1.5 .(See pic).

3. No problem to download the custom roms "Android_Revolution_HD-4G_7.3.zip" and "Android_Revolution_HD-4G_9.2.zip" and store them on a 16GB sdcard.

4. No problem to start in bootloader mode and use Recovery (ClockworkMod Recovery) to install the rom from sdcard (See pic).

5. When flash completed, wiped the cache partition, the Data and Dalvik Cache. Here something weird happened. An error message and at the bottom left corner of the screen, a counter appears tallying and tallying...(See pic red circle).

6. Rebooted the system and the HTC logo stops there ...forever (See pic).

7. Tried to restore from the backup done earlier with ClockworkMod Recovery and realised with terror that...the card has been reformatted few moments earlier during different hopeless tentatives to fix!

8. Tried to swap with a 8GB sdcard instead of 16GB. Nothing changed.

9. Since there's no way to run fastboot or RUU exe from the PC, I downloaded the stock ROM (RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1_R_Radio_12.6 5.60.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_233505_signed.exe) and extracted the rom.zip file. The recovery always refused the file. "Bad file" or something like that all the time along the different tentatives.

Thanks to tell me if I've bricked my Desire HD and with it a long and lovely relationship with my girl friend :(.

Attachments

Last edited:

jvchawk

Nov 17, 2009
[SOLVED] Frozen screen after (apparent!) successful flash

You did all the steps correctly except one, you forgot to flash boot.img. extract boot.img file from the android revolution zip file and flash using fastboot through command 'fastboot flash boot boot.img'

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
Thank you very much! Did it and got my phone back to work. Really appreciated your help.

Last edited:
Reactions: yumm91
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone