• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Android11] CherishOS 2.2.5 OFFICIAL [VINCE]

Search This thread

Alan Mathew

Oct 8, 2017
Idukki
cherish.png

CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. CherishOS is a reborn of pie based Dot-ExtendedOS.
Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
 * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

CLEAN FLASH :

-Reboot to recovery
-Take Backup (Not Necessary)
-Flash your firmware(If required)
-Reboot To Recovery
-Flash the ROM
-Flash Gapps
-Flash magisk (optional)
-Format Data
-Reboot

Download ROM

cherish.png

-Lineage OS
-AOSP
-MSM Xtended
-Pixel Experience
-Extended UI
-CrDroid ROM
-DotOS
-OctaviOS
-Others, I forgot to mention

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

cherish.png

CherishOS Source

Kernel Source
Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!
As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
for more READ THIS[/CENTER]

CherishOS for Redmi 5 plus
Device: Vince
Maintainer: Alan Mathew
Build Type: Official

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
ROM Firmware Required: Latest china weekly
Based On: AOSP

Android OS version: 11
Security patch level: February 2020
Build author:
ROM Developer: Hungphan2001

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 2.2.5
SELinux Status: Enforcing
Release Date: 2021-02-13[/QUOTE]

Reactions: FromRaftel

Teuf666

Jun 5, 2010
Hello,
Thanks for the OS, it runs smoothly except for a bug I have daily now : the gesture buttons stop working and I have to reboot the phone to get it back. Does anyone encounter the same issue ?
I'll try to reflash everything to see if it comes back. It started to happen after almost one week of use.

rafid0028

Jul 17, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / 5 Plus
Hello,
Thanks for the OS, it runs smoothly except for a bug I have daily now : the gesture buttons stop working and I have to reboot the phone to get it back. Does anyone encounter the same issue ?
I'll try to reflash everything to see if it comes back. It started to happen after almost one week of use.
Using the rom for long time now. No problem yet. erase everything and clean flash. Hopefully it'll solve your issue.

rafid0028

Jul 17, 2016
thank you, going to try it now.
Did you flash the latest firmware before falshing the rom too or just flashed the rom ?
I didn't flash any firmware. I really don't know why that's mentioned there. I think every vince device was on latest firmware during miui updates. Usually people put custom roms once the official updates are no longer available. So, that should mean those last officially updated devices are almost always on latest firmware before turing over to any custom rom. Probably that's why didn't need any firmware flashing. That's just my theory, I really don't know. Just wipe everything and flash the rom.

Teuf666

Jun 5, 2010
I didn't flash any firmware. I really don't know why that's mentioned there. I think every vince device was on latest firmware during miui updates. Usually people put custom roms once the official updates are no longer available. So, that should mean those last officially updated devices are almost always on latest firmware before turing over to any custom rom. Probably that's why didn't need any firmware flashing. That's just my theory, I really don't know. Just wipe everything and flash the rom.
I tried flashing again, the bug came back. So I flashed the cherishos 2.9 and the bug disappeared. The counterpart is that the APNs disappeared (it's mentionned in the bug of the rom but it's fixable by retyping them by hand).

Reactions: rafid0028

djlah

Jul 23, 2010
The official camera app takes 3/4 fluo green pictures, but with other camera apps (I use open camera now) it's ok.
same issue with stock camera. but no big deal, I install gcam and I loving it...

is anyone check "System update" from System menu. although already flashed to latest, but still show new update available. Not sure is the OTA function if coming from older version?

DizXDA83

Mar 12, 2012
I'am litle lost here... i count 3 diferent roms from CherishOS.
This 2.2.5 version, 2.9 version and 2.8 they all based on android 11.
Any reason for so many versions? Read that 2.8 and 2.9 have some bugs for daily use what's most stable?
is the patch security date still from February 2020? If i install this 2.2.5 can i install over a new version? thanks !

rafid0028

Jul 17, 2016
I'am litle lost here... i count 3 diferent roms from CherishOS.
This 2.2.5 version, 2.9 version and 2.8 they all based on android 11.
Any reason for so many versions? Read that 2.8 and 2.9 have some bugs for daily use what's most stable?
is the patch security date still from February 2020? If i install this 2.2.5 can i install over a new version? thanks !
2.2.5 is the most stable version, yet. Use OrangeFox as recovery instead of TWRP and flash NikGapps (Core is enough).

rafid0028

Jul 17, 2016
that's funny i had orange instaled but decided to flash twrp most recent instead... going back to orange!
problem with 2.2.5 is that security patch is quite old February 2020.
where can i get 2.2.5?? in this link i only see 2.9
It looks like they removed that version totally. But, I have the zip file somewhere, I need to search my hdd. I am still running on 2.2.5. No issues

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cherish.png

CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. CherishOS is a reborn of pie based Dot-ExtendedOS.
    Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
     * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

CLEAN FLASH :

-Reboot to recovery
    -Take Backup (Not Necessary)
    -Flash your firmware(If required)
    -Reboot To Recovery
    -Flash the ROM
    -Flash Gapps
    -Flash magisk (optional)
    -Format Data
    -Reboot

Download ROM

cherish.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -MSM Xtended
    -Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -CrDroid ROM
    -DotOS
    -OctaviOS
    -Others, I forgot to mention

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

cherish.png

CherishOS Source

Kernel Source
    Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS[/CENTER]

CherishOS for Redmi 5 plus
    Device: Vince
    Maintainer: Alan Mathew
    Build Type: Official

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest china weekly
    Based On: AOSP

Android OS version: 11
    Security patch level: February 2020
    Build author:
    ROM Developer: Hungphan2001

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.2.5
    SELinux Status: Enforcing
    Release Date: 2021-02-13[/QUOTE]
    wow man, after trying and testing ... wow, the device runs smoothly. spartan hug
    I tried flashing again, the bug came back. So I flashed the cherishos 2.9 and the bug disappeared. The counterpart is that the APNs disappeared (it's mentionned in the bug of the rom but it's fixable by retyping them by hand).