Development [ROM] [Android14] crDroid | OFFICIAL | Poco F4 | Redmi K40S | MUNCH | Always Latest Build

Search This thread

DollyFord

Dec 4, 2022
National Capital Region
I followed the instructions with my friend on Discord for assistance in installing this ROM

But when we try to sideload the .zip, it just cut-off at 50% or something and when the device rebooted, it shows "Can't load android" message. Same to SparkOS ROM.

Maybe there's some crucial step that I missed?

I will not try to install again this year since it's nerve wracking and this is just a new phone. I won't risk bricking the phone.

Any solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance.

kembruk

Oct 26, 2022
very good rom

if possible add on and off schedule for aod and theme. I see AOD doesn't want to fade away and move places like Spark OS... I really appreciate your hard work

meltbanana

Feb 13, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
I followed the instructions with my friend on Discord for assistance in installing this ROM

But when we try to sideload the .zip, it just cut-off at 50% or something and when the device rebooted, it shows "Can't load android" message. Same to SparkOS ROM.

Maybe there's some crucial step that I missed?

I will not try to install again this year since it's nerve wracking and this is just a new phone. I won't risk bricking the phone.

Any solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance.
installation failed for me too with twrp but not with orangefox (as recommended at crdroid website.)
it would be awesome to have a vanilla version, cause on my poco f1 I got vanilla crdroid9 with microg, and it works pretty good g-free.

heino_h

Dec 29, 2022
Hey, thanks a lot for this ROM. I finally was able to install it via OF. Now CR resides on slot b on my phone and I get an update info in the updater that a new version is available.

When I download this update the resulting file is

crDroidAndroid-13.0-20230104-munch-v9.0.zip

But this is the file I already installed yesterday. I can clearly see in the crDroid changelog on my phone that I have a 20230104 build installed. Why does CD keep telling me that there is an update available?

Anyway, In #1 @akash.galaxy07 wrote that I need to boot into recovery for an update and when I do that I can see that crDroid obviously killed my OF recovery with its own version. Is that normal on an A/B phone? In this recovery I can only update via sideload which I did not do yet. And what would happen if I hit "Install update" in the system updater?

Apart of that this ROM is really great. Very lean yet feature-packed. Thanks a lot!

UniNick

Dec 6, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hey, thanks a lot for this ROM. I finally was able to install it via OF. Now CR resides on slot b on my phone and I get an update info in the updater that a new version is available.

When I download this update the resulting file is

crDroidAndroid-13.0-20230104-munch-v9.0.zip

But this is the file I already installed yesterday. I can clearly see in the crDroid changelog on my phone that I have a 20230104 build installed. Why does CD keep telling me that there is an update available?

Anyway, In #1 @akash.galaxy07 wrote that I need to boot into recovery for an update and when I do that I can see that crDroid obviously killed my OF recovery with its own version. Is that normal on an A/B phone? In this recovery I can only update via sideload which I did not do yet. And what would happen if I hit "Install update" in the system updater?

Apart of that this ROM is really great. Very lean yet feature-packed. Thanks a lot!
I noticed the same as you. I think it's normal that crDroid puts its own recovery on the phone.
Currently I do all updates via sideload, which is really easy and totally unproblematic:
Boot the phone into recovery, from there activate ADB sideload, connect it via USB, enter in the terminal on your PC "adb sideload update.zip" (replace update.zip with the path to the ROM update file, e.g. by drag and drop).

heino_h

Dec 29, 2022
Thanks a lot for your reply. This morning I was brave enough to click on update in the system updater. After a while the updater asked for a restart. The phone stopped at the "POCO" logo and I had to restart it several times until crDroid finally came up. Maybe I should have been waiting longer? Next time I think I will update via sideload.

The update seems to be applied because it now shows a build date from 04. January (was 03. January before) and a much longer changelog. Just a bit irritating that the filename was the same as for the version before (both from 20230104) and they are clearly different (hash and file size).

Thanks again for your info regarding the sideload update!

psklf

Apr 9, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Xiaomi Mi A2
Try several times, but I still get the error of Google Play Offline (see attachment) it said that
"You're offline" even if I have connected to Wi-Fi and I CAN visit google.com successfully.

IDK Maybe there's some thing to do with my location in China...

Screenshot_20230106-141502_crDroid Home.png

Dimon909

Dec 8, 2013
Hi. Version crdroid 13.0-20230109-munch-v9.1 All is good, but same problems with status bar. It runs to the left and to the right beyond need.
One man say this: "The burn in protection is a little too aggressive, you could ask your maintainer to add this to overlay
<!-- Burn-in protection -->
<dimen name="burnin_protection_horizontal_shift">1dp</dimen>"

Can you correct it, please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230117-162453_Nova Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20230117-162453_Nova Launcher.png
    1 MB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_20230116-103402_Nova Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20230116-103402_Nova Launcher.png
    1 MB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20230116-110125_Nova Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20230116-110125_Nova Launcher.png
    1 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Hi. Version crdroid 13.0-20230109-munch-v9.1 All is good, but same problems with status bar. It runs to the left and to the right beyond need.
One man say this: "The burn in protection is a little too aggressive, you could ask your maintainer to add this to overlay
<!-- Burn-in protection -->
<dimen name="burnin_protection_horizontal_shift">1dp</dimen>"

Can you correct it, please?
Thanks for the fix. I will implement it in the next update.
For now, I have just released a update some time back with many fixes. please try that

Reactions: Dimon909

Dimon909

Dec 8, 2013
Weird. Volume control does not work when the screen is locked and the "Control playback" function is on. If turn it off - the volume is adjusted, but the tracks do not switch.

Last edited:

shamllakh

Oct 28, 2015
Jeddah
===== 23 January, 2023 =====
- Included IH8SN for safetynet passing
- Battery improvements
- A small, hidden surprise for everyone

Wondering: What could that hidden surprise be !! :unsure:

Reactions: Dimon909
- Battery improvements

Hmmm
- Battery improvements

He implemented KernelSU. But what is this? I don't know. Any suggestions?? @akash.galaxy07 ?? It's root without magisk?

Zapalot

Mar 3, 2021
Hmmm

He implemented KernelSU. But what is this? I don't know. Any suggestions?? @akash.galaxy07 ?? It's root without magisk?
From Telegram:
About KernelSU module:

1. It was compatable with Magisk's module format, there isn't a "KernelSU module format".
2. Systemless should work now, including /system
, /product
, /vendor
, /system_ext
, /odm
, /oem
partitions. Write a module and put files in module's /system
directory and it should work.
3. No support for Modules in Recovery, which means you can not install any module in Recovery, you can only install it in Manager or cli.
4. These Magisk's module feature is supported:
- post-fs-data.sh

- service.sh

- system.prop

- Systemless
And these features are unsupported and will be supported in the future:
- sepolicy.rule

- common post-fs-data.sh and common service.sh
5. KernelSU's module use a mechanism like "AB update", the updated module will be installed only if it can boot system successfully, if device cannot boot, it will be reverted and won't be installed. So if you encounter a bootloop after install a module, just reboot the phone should be OK. If it still doesn't work, delete /data/adb/ksu
must work.

Yes, root without magisk.
No safetynet issues and root detection

From Telegram:
About KernelSU module:

1. It was compatable with Magisk's module format, there isn't a "KernelSU module format".
2. Systemless should work now, including /system
, /product
, /vendor
, /system_ext
, /odm
, /oem
partitions. Write a module and put files in module's /system
directory and it should work.
3. No support for Modules in Recovery, which means you can not install any module in Recovery, you can only install it in Manager or cli.
4. These Magisk's module feature is supported:
- post-fs-data.sh

- service.sh

- system.prop

- Systemless
And these features are unsupported and will be supported in the future:
- sepolicy.rule

- common post-fs-data.sh and common service.sh
5. KernelSU's module use a mechanism like "AB update", the updated module will be installed only if it can boot system successfully, if device cannot boot, it will be reverted and won't be installed. So if you encounter a bootloop after install a module, just reboot the phone should be OK. If it still doesn't work, delete /data/adb/ksu
must work.

Top Liked Posts