Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

PieR

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2005
Pisa
www.pernici.net
I'm confused, aokp_i9100_jb-build-1_pier.zip is more recent than aokp_i9100_jb_pier_20120820.zip right? I'm asking because the aug 20th release is on the latest build section on OP.

Yes sorry, let me explain it:

aokp_i9100_jb-build-1_pier.zip and
aokp_i9100_jb_pier_20120820_oldkernel.zip

Those builds are pretty the same.
I made this build to align my builds with upstream AOKP.
Using old TeamHacksung kernel becouse of the lack of "performance settings" on the new TeamHacksung kernel (and this causes FC on ROMControl -> Performance)

aokp_i9100_jb_pier_20120820.zip
Same as above but with the new TeamHacksung kernel

Think to the "dated" builds as nightlies :)

Reactions: NunxPT

*SanSiro*

Sep 11, 2010
@home
I'm confused, aokp_i9100_jb-build-1_pier.zip is more recent than aokp_i9100_jb_pier_20120820.zip right? I'm asking because the aug 20th release is on the latest build section on OP.

Yes, build-1 is the latest.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

While making a backup I get "can't generate md5 sum"
so it's missing in the backup folder.
I'm on JB build-1.

Reactions: NunxPT

deep_707

Nov 14, 2010
Great Built

Hello Pier a true smooth stable built I would say after half a days usage...can't comment on the battery yet which has always been a concern with the amount of time I spent on the phone. Just a question is there any way to hide the soft key buttons?
Also noticed that the external card in visible in the PC but not accessible with USB debugging, am I the only person with this?
Looks that I would be sticking to this after flashing:good: few JB's now.
Thanks again.

Last edited:

ImpheOtus

Apr 22, 2011
Puebla
nextiaanimaciones.com
I've been searching everywhere but maybe it's just me: Have you guys noticed that event colors in the calendar app are darker than they should be? I mean they're almost black! If I go to Google Calendar in the PC, colors are shown with light colors (as they should be) but on the phone those same colors are extremely black.
Do you guys know of any solution? Are you having this too?

deep_707

Nov 14, 2010
Soft keys are disabled by default.
You can turn them on off as you prefer

Sent with a pigeon

Thanks for the prompt response Pier, can you please let me know the place to disable in case?
And also I can access external sd using Air droid but not connecting to PC, with USB debugging ,am I doing something silly.

Thanks again

fabioascoelho

Jun 7, 2011
Hello Pier,
Thank you for the ultra fast update for our i9100. How did you manage to do it? On AOKP site i don't see build1 for our S2, just for Nexus and Galaxy TAB.
And another thing, can you tell me if AOKP have already implemented the Volume Key to skip songs?

john3166

Aug 21, 2011
England
This is a great rom. AOKP roms are my favorites but CM10 is way faster than AOKP JB.
Thanks PieR for this rom.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

It's been a few hours but everything seems to be working perfectly.
Only bug I've noticed (which also happens in RootBox) is that TVoff effect when locking screen sometimes doesn't work, screen just turns off without the effect.
I know it's extreme low priority because it's just cosmetic, but as it's the only bug I've found untill now I thought I should mention it.

One suggestion, in RootBox there was an option in SMS/MMS app to show "Sent time" of SMS instead of default "Received time", also change default behavior of "Enter" key in the keyboard to be "Send" or "New text line" instead of "Emoticons". I think this implementation is really useful, you think you can add it to this ROM?

Anyway, this is an excellent work as always Pier, extremely clean and stable ROM.
Thank you very very much!

Use this modified mms.apk, it has all the features/options you ever need in SMS/MMS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1583232

Reactions: ImpheOtus

ImpheOtus

Apr 22, 2011
Puebla
nextiaanimaciones.com
Use this modified mms.apk, it has all the features/options you ever need in SMS/MMS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1583232
Thanks a lot john!! I'll try this ASAP
Update: It works perfectly! Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Anyone experiencing this?
I've been searching everywhere but maybe it's just me: Have you guys noticed that event colors in the calendar app are darker than they should be? I mean they're almost black! If I go to Google Calendar in the PC, colors are shown with light colors (as they should be) but on the phone those same colors are extremely black.
Do you guys know of any solution? Are you having this too?
It doesn't matter if you don't know the solution, I just want to know if I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

PieR

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2005
Pisa
www.pernici.net
Hi all.. I hav one doubt.. Is the RAM management solved? I mean after a day of usage RAM usage goes to 700+ MB.. Is this solved.?? I dont hav much time as my ofc timings r too srict.. I hardly get time// :)

Since the devicetree is the same as CM10 we should have pretty the same issues as CM10: hwcomposer, memory leak etc...

Hello Pier,
Thank you for the ultra fast update for our i9100. How did you manage to do it? On AOKP site i don't see build1 for our S2, just for Nexus and Galaxy TAB.
And another thing, can you tell me if AOKP have already implemented the Volume Key to skip songs?

Build1 source has been pushed to github the same minute I started compiling it. Being in IRC with the AOKP crew has some advantages it seems :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pics_logo.jpg
    aokptitleblue-1.png

THREAD NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE:
    THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN MERGED IN A BIGGER "THING":

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1850942

Those are UNOFFICIAL AND EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS, use at your own risk!

changelog-2.png

Latest build:

Changelog:
    Code:
    Project name: vendor_aokp
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - Disable maguro (temp)
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - Adding i9100G & adding new dicts for LatinIME (WIP)
      •remicks - Update SuperSU

Project name: packages_apps_Settings
      •Tanguy Pruvot - Hide Adb Notification icon (settings)
      •Tanguy Pruvot - Adb over network (Settings part for Jellybean)

Project name: platform_manifest
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - Adding i9100G
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - Realigned with upstream

Project name: android_device_samsung_i9100g
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - Disabled BACKUPTOOL in releasetools (AOKP doesn't have one yet)
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - Overlay fix

Project name: platform_manifest
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - Adding i9100G
      •Pierpaolo Pernici - Realigned with upstream

Project name: frameworks_base
      •Tanguy Pruvot - Option to hide Adb notification icon (framework)

JB-BUILD-1:

installation-1.png

• Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    • MAKE A NANDROID
    • wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    • flash ROM
    • flash Gapps
    • reboot
    downloads-4.png

All builds are available on:
    http://xfer.in/pier and
    http://goo.im/devs/pier

contribute-1.png

THANKS AND CREDITS TO:
    - AOKP, CyanogenMod and Teamhacksung Crews
    - Sixstringsg, Xplodwild, Snipa, Codeworkx
    - Bajee11, Rodries and the "real" SGS2 developers :)

Developers spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage them, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Roman
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx

Donate to CyanogenMod

Donate to Teamhacksung

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to them on #TeamKang Channel!

source-2.png

Check out my ROM fork source on my github . Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

Best way to help out or contact me is via IRC:
    irc.freenode.net on channel #AOKP-SGS2 (click and connect nooow!)

USE THAT THANKS BUTTON!!! NOW!
    Pier, I think I'm not the only one that would love to see you as an official device maintainer for SGS2.:highfive:

You are a great guy, who treats users fairly and nice (something rare in xda!) and have a good grasp of things. Would you be willing to? ;)

Here are the guidelines:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h_rvey95RA6igRLTzG_fZS3peniyDzO_LTTSGHcoSTE/edit

And the application form:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDFqU3dFSHdrTy10d0hxcHcxS0Z6TkE6MQ#gid=0

You got my support.

Cheers!

+1
    I can't think of anyone better suited to take that place.

+1

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks friends :)
    I really appreciate that! You make me fell "important" ^^

Maybe you guys know that me, Bajee11, Rodries and others "kangers/devs" started to meet on #AOKP-SGS2 IRC channel.

We're somewhat a "friendly team" right now now but we're talking about this opportunity to offer our "service" to the official AOKP.

Stay tuned :)
    Screenshots:

More screens on this Google+ Gallery

:cowboy:
    To finish today's (hard) work I just released:

aokp_i9100_jb_pier_20120820.zip
    MD5: 6223cd7e35d63e64b3470b7b0501d61f

All repos up-to-date with the AOKP tree.
    No big changes yet, so if you already has a working "19" build, stay with it.

g'nite ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone