[ROM] AOKP (4.2.2) (Beta) For the Samsung Epic 4g - 03/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno
I just downed Effsi's PacMan and will get around it tomorrow, but if it persists I wonder if it might be some sort of issue between AOKP's code and Nitest kernel...? (since Pac incorporates some of AOKP)

I don't think it's Pac or Aokp, I think it's the kernel cuz I wasn't on either of these roms when I had the weird washed out colors.

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
EasterBanner2013_zps6d81c74e.png

Bill720

Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
mms

Quick question again, anyone else been having problems with MMS? I can't even remember the last time I had it working, even on GB. Back then, they always suggested doing the "APN Backup and restore" trick, but that never worked for me. Now, if I send a test MMS to myself, it appears to go through, but I never actually receive it. I'd like to at least have a look at those APN settings, but I couldn't find those settings to save my life. Have any of you got MMS to work or found where the APN settings are?

bill

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Quick question again, anyone else been having problems with MMS? I can't even remember the last time I had it working, even on GB. Back then, they always suggested doing the "APN Backup and restore" trick, but that never worked for me. Now, if I send a test MMS to myself, it appears to go through, but I never actually receive it. I'd like to at least have a look at those APN settings, but I couldn't find those settings to save my life. Have any of you got MMS to work or found where the APN settings are?

bill

Open voice dialer and say open apns
Use nova launcher and create a shortcut either will work

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

Bill720

Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
q

Open voice dialer and say open apns
Use nova launcher and create a shortcut either will work

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

That was the other thing I wasn't able to figure out. Voice dialer never worked for me, so I just uninstalled the Google search nonsense altogether, I figured I could live without it since the only thing I really used it for was iriS. Is there any other way beside using another launcher?

thanks

bill

TPMJB

Jun 28, 2010
www.blackcats-games.net
That was the other thing I wasn't able to figure out. Voice dialer never worked for me, so I just uninstalled the Google search nonsense altogether, I figured I could live without it since the only thing I really used it for was iriS. Is there any other way beside using another launcher?

thanks

bill

I was unable to send MMS, but fully able to receive. I was on an alternate carrier though.

I'm still on an alternate carrier, but a different one. Boost mobile gets reception circa 1994

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno

thanks

bill

Download Nova and make a shortcut for it. Or if your default launcher has that ability then use that.

I was unable to send MMS, but fully able to receive. I was on an alternate carrier though.

I'm still on an alternate carrier, but a different one. Boost mobile gets reception circa 1994

Are you using the native messaging app?

Bill720

Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
review

Full Review

All right, it’s been about a week now since I made the switch from Touchwiz Gingerbread roms to AOKP and JellyBean, and I’d like to share my considerations on what I thought about it. Bear in mind that I don’t mean to sound overly critical of this, as I am pretty thorough and relatively “picky”. Also, some of the things I note may be specific to the Nitest Kernel which I am using or just quirks of stock JellyBean as a whole – at any rate, I hope my thoughts will be useful to anyone running gingerbread or earlier and contemplating an upgrade to AOKP for everyday use:

(Installation)

After backing up, I went ahead and reset my data and caches and ran the installer. It did freeze on the first time, but I reset and ran it a second time, and that went without a hitch and relatively quickly. I also installed the Nitest kernel and memory patch while I was at it so that Voodoo control would work.

Screenshot_2013-04-05-21-58-05.png

(First impressions and notes on settings)

The first boot was an interesting one, and I just took a bit of time to dive in and learn the different features of JellyBean and adjust the settings (for some reason, I did have to hard reset again to get some of the settings to come out right, but everything appears to be working okay now). I was a little disappointed to find that the “background data” checkbox had gone, and now I occasionally get unwanted notifications from applications at times when they don’t need to be wasting my data (especially the android market); Not a huge deal, but worth noting. Another weird setting change forces the phone into vibrate mode if the ringtone volume is turned all the way down through the settings – not too significant either, just worth noting. One gaping problem in the settings (that has been documented before on XDA Developers, but never solved) is the fact that the roaming and system selection menu does not work right; The default item selected is “home only”, but when you try to change it to “automatic” (“roam only” is unfortunately not an option), it just changes back again; I don’t know if this glitch is actually forcing the phone to not roam, but I didn’t stick around to find out- The only reason why this is not an issue for me is because I use “Roam Control” for Android, a software that “gets the system selection menu right”; for anyone else who lives in or uses the device in a fringe area and doesn’t have Roam Control, this may be a major problem. In other weird problems, the VPN settings apparently “aren’t to be reckoned with” unless you’ve set a lockscreen PIN.

Screenshot_2013-04-05-20-34-07.png

(New Features)

Other new arrivals to JellyBean (and possibly IceCream Sandwich as well) include a slightly different font and a redesigned “recently used applications” menu (the one that happens when you hold down the home key). It does take up the whole screen now and doesn’t let you use the arrow keys to maniupulate it, but it is a nearly accurate representation of what’s actually running, and it lets you close applications right from within it, which is handy. Also new (to me anyway) is the camera application. It works okay I guess. The whole approach to “no words, only symbols” is a bit cryptic at times, but I got used to it and it kind of grows on you after a while. It seems like a few of the resolution modes are gone, but I was impressed by the fact that the controls now fully work in any orientation and the ability to record video out of the front facing camera and in portrait mode (I absolutely despise portrait orientation videos, but I suppose there could be times when it could be useful).

Screenshot_2013-04-05-21-54-10.png

(Essential data restoration)

My first step in getting started with a new device (or more commonly, a new rom) is restoring my contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, and SMS messages. SMSes restored fine with the same SMS Backup & Restore program that I’ve been using, and everything else synced back with the miracle of an application that is MyPhoneExplorer. I also set up my email with the included email application. It is nice to see at least some included applications on a lightweight rom (the last one I used lacked an email client), but I didn’t understand the inclusion of “Movie Studio” or the exclusion of a Voice Recorder application and to a smaller degree, a music player (even though I usually use Winamp anyway).

Screenshot_2013-04-05-20-33-45.png

(Notification bar)

Going back to new stuff, the notification area has been overhauled. It’s actually not too bad, especially after giving it a once over in the included ROM Control. It actually looks kind of cool now, although I wouldn’t have minded a more “green” theme rather than blue, but I’m going to stick with this for now and give it a chance first (like the camera, it too kind of grows on you). I liked how it was designed to save space, but the consolidated data indicator and signal strength icon make the arrows (that show when data is being transferred) especially hard to read (maybe I’m the only one who actually reads them?) and no differentiation is made between 1xrtt and Evdo while roaming. I was, however impressed that those data transfer indication arrows are now present on the WiFi connection icon, something I always missed on the old gingerbread roms. I was also pleased to see that the “brightness control” feature (where you drag left and right on the notification bar to change the brightness) is still present in JB and AOKP.

Screenshot_2013-04-05-20-33-23.png

(Miscellaneous small changes)

As for small changes, the “smilies” shortcut on the keyboard no longer works (this is a touchwiz exclusive feature from what I’ve heard) and you can no longer set the keyboard/capacitive key backlight timeout duration, although the default 5 seconds is how I would’ve set it anyway if it were an option. The indicator on the front of the phone also now blinks purple when the battery is low as a reminder to fill it up. Another small software change that I noticed is text selection, which is now executed by doubletapping some text instead of tapping and holding, which seems to be an improvement.

Screenshot_2013-04-05-20-32-25.png

(Dialer and messaging)

As far as the basics go, voice calls and messaging still work fairly well. The dialer is themed similarly to how it was on the last rom I used (and I really liked the blue numbers with the green underlines ;) ), but the dialer input seems ever so slightly less responsive (maybe it’s just me). Also, I can’t figure out how to set speed dial entries, which wouldn’t be as big of a deal if the feature where you can search for contacts by typing in the dialer worked better (it just doesn’t return as accurate of results as close to the top of the list as it used to). Overall, it is workable for me though as I don’t make a lot of voice calls. As for the stock SMS application, that works well enough, but it doesn’t handle “split messages” (that is, messages longer than 160 characters) as seamlessly as before – apparently I’m too longwinded in my text messages also :). In the textbox, pressing “enter” on the keyboard now sends the messages instead of actually advancing to the next line, which annoyed me at first, but I discovered that you can press Fn+Enter to achieve this – an annoying extra step, but atleast it can be done. I’ve also been unable to get MMS to work, but this may be because of my setup.

[Forgot to grab a screenshot, but it looks not unlike the screenshots in this thread]

(Performance)

Performance and battery life with AOKP and Jellybean is good as well. With about 50-60% of my full “payload” of applications installed, startup and shutdown times are still pretty quick and the device is still very responsive in general. The screen rotation animation is a nice touch. Sleep mode and device locking are actually even more responsive now, and the annoying locking bug (the one where if you hit a hardware button within about a second after putting the device to sleep, it would wake the phone up right away) is thankfully nowhere to be found. Available RAM is actually greater now with the Nitest kernel, but free memory still is about the same amount. Memory management is significantly improved (at least since the “Samurai” kernel) as well, and I can now actually leave the browser running with tabs open without fear of it being unnecessarily killed.

Screenshot_2013-04-05-20-34-21.png

Phew! With all that said, I was mostly pleased with Jellybean and AOKP as a whole. I know a lot of the things I wrote kind of sound “nit picky”, but I know this is exactly the kind of detail I would like to read before making a jump like this on a primary device, so I hope this will prove useful to someone. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

bill

Reactions: NewYorkLaw

TPMJB

Jun 28, 2010
www.blackcats-games.net
Download Nova and make a shortcut for it. Or if your default launcher has that ability then use that.

Are you using the native messaging app?

Yes, and I've heard "Go SMS" fixes the problem, or something. Currently I don't have data on Verizon Wireless and have hell of a time trying to fix it, with no success. My donor phone can't seem to get the right HA/AAA shared keys or something.

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno
Yes, and I've heard "Go SMS" fixes the problem, or something. Currently I don't have data on Verizon Wireless and have hell of a time trying to fix it, with no success. My donor phone can't seem to get the right HA/AAA shared keys or something.

As far as I know you have to have the right ha/aaa keys to send mms so I think that's the problem. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, maybe try asking the op member of the thread you used to flash to a different carier.

Bill720

Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
data

I'm actually running with the cloned service from my HTC phone myself ($30 a month on their Sero plan is a lot better than their current nonsense price considering the terrible data speeds these days), and I can tell you that I'm pretty sure you won't get Evdo data either if your keys are incorrect. Basically, if you do have data working, then your keys are probably good and the problem lies somewhere else.

bill

TPMJB

Jun 28, 2010
www.blackcats-games.net
I'm actually running with the cloned service from my HTC phone myself ($30 a month on their Sero plan is a lot better than their current nonsense price considering the terrible data speeds these days), and I can tell you that I'm pretty sure you won't get Evdo data either if your keys are incorrect. Basically, if you do have data working, then your keys are probably good and the problem lies somewhere else.

bill

I thought the keys were good from my donor phone, but I might try reprogramming the donor. It's a Samsung U740, which AFAIK gets 3G and MMS.

Alias8818

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Full Review
One gaping problem in the settings (that has been documented before on XDA Developers, but never solved) is the fact that the roaming and system selection menu does not work right; The default item selected is “home only”, but when you try to change it to “automatic” (“roam only” is unfortunately not an option), it just changes back again; I don’t know if this glitch is actually forcing the phone to not roam, but I didn’t stick around to find out.

I just wanted to thank you. That review MUST have taken you a lot of time.
I wanted to address this part directly, though.

There has been a fix for this in the past/previous versions of Android.
However, this requires getting in and cherry picking some commits to get it working.
I didn't bother, and haven't bothered to really, to get in an edit code/add code/etc.

Lack of will or want to, one could say..

I am currently building my own personal ROMs for my S3. Haven't bothered releasing.
I dislike parts of this community as I feel pressured to commit, when really this should be a hobby and be fun.

Building ROMs is very easy. Not too terribly much programming knowledge needed. Just the will to learn.

I thought the keys were good from my donor phone, but I might try reprogramming the donor. It's a Samsung U740, which AFAIK gets 3G and MMS.

If you have NO data at all or no connection to 3G/4G, you have incorrect HA/AAA keys. They are the means to data, 100%.

Last edited:

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
I am currently building my own personal ROMs for my S3. Haven't bothered releasing.
I dislike parts of this community as I feel pressured to commit, when really this should be a hobby and be fun.
Building ROMs is very easy. Not too terribly much programming knowledge needed. Just the will to learn.
:good: THANKS A TON for all your hard work on AOKP for our OG EPIC4G :highfive: - I ( and many others ) have been very grateful for all you've done - Thanks Again ! :good:

Reactions: didhiy

Burban502

Sep 12, 2007
/TN/Decatur
Bill, great review man!

I haven't tried WinAmp so I can't compare, but my friend with an S2 (so unfortunately no Wolfson love) is a WinAmp addict and I told him to give PowerAmp a try... he converted :p He's a partial audiophile as well, so at the very least there was no change in quality for non-Voodoo users, but it does offer a couple of it's own internal tweaks to help it out. He particularly liked the lock-screen controls, as do I, but that I know isn't PowerAmp exclusive in any way heh He just said it worked better.

Also, I'm pretty sure Effsi's package of Nitest includes Big Mem by default, as I understand it from my PMs with him. He also has a seemingly "unposted" (forum-wise) Kernel that is sans Voodoo Color and most of the bells and whistles of Nitest, but still has Voodoo Sound; I can confirm it fixes the color issue. I personally feel it falls in between the stock kernel and Nitest in terms of performance. Like Nitest, I encountered no stability issues using it, so for those who want to keep Voodoo Sound and ditch the slightly skewed color issues (if you experience them like I do, pics to tell), then give his TRaK Kernel (with Epic modem) a try.

Unfortunately, as for stock AOKP, the speed Bill noticed was thanks to the Nitest kernel, as I played with the stock one for a few days and *cough* there's a Nitest and day difference in performance. (Sorry, I couldn't help from using the pun lol)

Yet, I can't really fault AOKP or Alias for that. Most people that likely won't know or care are those who flash the ROM for what it provides in updates, primarily wanting the phone as a phone-with-benefits. The stock kernel does just perfectly for that and I had no stability issues using it. :good:

I can't really fairly comment on battery life though. I use mine as a Portable Media Device, run in Airplane Mode 24/7 and don't use WiFi all too often. I do have it overclocked to 1200MHz and play games a lot though, and it handles that very well; however, I also use the Deep Sleep Battery Saver [XDA Edition] and I love it! This Epic used to blaze through it's battery without it, just idling and doing nothing, but not anymore (even while overclocked). The best part is, it plays music still when in Deep Sleep mode which will be of great benefit come Vacation with long airplane rides and layovers.
(Worth noting: I'm on what appears to be a knock-off "SAMSUNG" battery as it looks very different compared to pics of an original and those of a Stratosphere, plus it's made in China. But I can't confirm this for certain. It works, I'm happy lol)

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Unfortunately, as for stock AOKP, the speed Bill noticed was thanks to the Nitest kernel, as I played with the stock one for a few days and *cough* there's a Nitest and day difference in performance. (Sorry, I couldn't help from using the pun lol)

Yet, I can't really fault AOKP or Alias for that. Most people that likely won't know or care are those who flash the ROM for what it provides in updates, primarily wanting the phone as a phone-with-benefits. The stock kernel does just perfectly for that and I had no stability issues using it. :good:

How come stock goes slow... Mine running stock kernel at stock frequency (1000MHz) is real smooth. I do use Autostarts to cut most apps that automatically start on boot and on other circumstances, to save memory. Free mem is always 200+MB without BigMem in this way, and nothing other than launcher, systemui and input method is running, which could be why my experience is okay. As usual, because people may choose to run background apps, YMMV
I also don't use the phone as a "phone". Games, flashing (love switching ROMs) and occasional 3G is what I do.

P.S. AOKP is long not updated (I don't mean @alias don't build, rather, AOKP's source hasn't got big updates recently)

Sent from HTC Incredible S @ PACman v21

Bill720

Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
followup

I just wanted to thank you. That review MUST have taken you a lot of time.

You're welcome; glad it helped.

There has been a fix for this in the past/previous versions of Android.
However, this requires getting in and cherry picking some commits to get it working.
I didn't bother, and haven't bothered to really, to get in an edit code/add code/etc.

Lack of will or want to, one could say..

I know what you mean. I personally don't have a lot of free time, so I can't spend a ton of time tweaking the device, but I do try to get things "good enough" to where it's a breeze to use on a daily basis.

Thankfully, Roam Control appears to still be fully doing its job, and I have to wonder if the control in the menu does anything at all (my guess is that it probably keeps the phone in "auto" mode even though "Sprint only" is the default selection). At any rate, "auto" is still better than "home only" if you're in a Sprint Fringe area.

I know what you mean exactly - back on windows mobile, I used one of the pre set up kitchens and experimented and learned how the packages worked and stuff and put together my own rom for that phone, and honestly, it was my favorite and I never went back to anything else. Sometimes when loading different roms, after you've owned the device for a while, you just one day install "the one" that you know your phone will probably spend the rest of its life with.

Bill, great review man!

I haven't tried WinAmp so I can't compare, but my friend with an S2 (so unfortunately no Wolfson love) is a WinAmp addict and I told him to give PowerAmp a try... he converted :p He's a partial audiophile as well, so at the very least there was no change in quality for non-Voodoo users, but it does offer a couple of it's own internal tweaks to help it out. He particularly liked the lock-screen controls, as do I, but that I know isn't PowerAmp exclusive in any way heh He just said it worked better.

Thanks. I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile, I just really like the bass boost that Voodoo Control brings to the table for smaller headphones and earbuds (I usually turn it down or off completely for amplified headphones or speakers). What makes it nice is that it gives the effect for every application, unlike a software equalizer, and even though Winamp (for android) has its quirks, I like its simplicity and layout even though I can't even remember the last time I used Winamp for Windows :).

Also, I'm pretty sure Effsi's package of Nitest includes Big Mem by default, as I understand it from my PMs with him. He also has a seemingly "unposted" (forum-wise) Kernel that is sans Voodoo Color and most of the bells and whistles of Nitest, but still has Voodoo Sound; I can confirm it fixes the color issue. I personally feel it falls in between the stock kernel and Nitest in terms of performance. Like Nitest, I encountered no stability issues using it, so for those who want to keep Voodoo Sound and ditch the slightly skewed color issues (if you experience them like I do, pics to tell), then give his TRaK Kernel (with Epic modem) a try.

My device never looked like those screenshots, my only problem was that there was always a slightly green tint to everything (more visible when you hold the device up to a well configured LCD). I just went into Voodoo control and turned "green" down to about the halfway point and eyeballed it to get the balance perfect.

Quick note for anyone who has installed voodoo control and can't get the amplifier above -7db, if you clear the data for the program and then reset your settings, it will go back to normal and let you go to the specified limit again.

Another general question I was wondering about was whether anyone had got a CRT "on" animation working with AOKP or cm10. I'd seen it once back on the Samsung roms, but I was just curious as to if anyone had got it up and running on here.

bill

Last edited:

Burban502

Sep 12, 2007
/TN/Decatur
How come stock goes slow... Mine running stock kernel at stock frequency (1000MHz) is real smooth. I do use Autostarts to cut most apps that automatically start on boot and on other circumstances, to save memory. Free mem is always 200+MB without BigMem in this way, and nothing other than launcher, systemui and input method is running, which could be why my experience is okay. As usual, because people may choose to run background apps, YMMV
I also don't use the phone as a "phone". Games, flashing (love switching ROMs) and occasional 3G is what I do.

I don't mean that I thought it was slow, I'd say it was "normal", like how it was with GB and stock kernel. With Nitest though, not only is responsiveness much better, but over-all performance is as well. For example in Angry Birds on certain levels when you'd launch the bird, you could tell it was dropping frames in flight (with screen zoomed out, so no panning), but Nitest is smooth as silk.

On startup, with two battery apps auto-loading (one monitors, the other is the Deep Sleeper I mentioned), I recall observing something like 182MB being used. The only thing I have killed is Phone.apk, which I renamed.

Thanks. I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile, I just really like the bass boost that Voodoo Control brings to the table for smaller headphones and earbuds (I usually turn it down or off completely for amplified headphones or speakers). What makes it nice is that it gives the effect for every application, unlike a software equalizer, and even though Winamp (for android) has its quirks, I like its simplicity and layout even though I can't even remember the last time I used Winamp for Windows :).

My device never looked like those screenshots, my only problem was that there was always a slightly green tint to everything (more visible when you hold the device up to a well configured LCD). I just went into Voodoo control and turned "green" down to about the halfway point and eyeballed it to get the balance perfect.

Give PowerAmp a go if you're bored sometime. It's simple IMO, but has plenty of options, including main-screen widgets so you don't even have to open the program if you don't want :) I like the "start playing music on headphone insertion" and lock screen controls primarily, but it's EQ and Tone controls (simple "bass" and "treble" adjusters independent of EQ) are nice for the various things you might end up connecting it to. As for Voodoo Sound I like it for the sound quality improvement, as I'm amazed at how crappy the stock sound is comparatively. I love my JVC FX40 earphones in combination with a VS equipped device as it is nearly perfect. Earphones usually offer two of three sound qualities, providing Bass and Mids but lacking in Highs, or Mids and Highs but Lacking in Bass, or Bass and Highs but no Mids. These somehow manage to provide all three beautifully, and for ~$15 lol They put my $100 Shure earphones to shame :eek: Depending on how I feel though I'll generally only use Sub-Bass mode at 2-5dB.

Consider yourself lucky that you don't have the color issue. It isn't present in everything, like watching videos or games, but on some UI popups it is faintly apparent. It's mainly just an annoyance than anything else, but it does a great job and making the boot animation ugly lol

Last edited:

Bill720

Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Pure
audio and color

Give PowerAmp a go if you're bored sometime. It's simple IMO, but has plenty of options, including main-screen widgets so you don't even have to open the program if you don't want :) I like the "start playing music on headphone insertion" and lock screen controls primarily, but it's EQ and Tone controls (simple "bass" and "treble" adjusters independent of EQ) are nice for the various things you might end up connecting it to. As for Voodoo Sound I like it for the sound quality improvement, as I'm amazed at how crappy the stock sound is comparatively. I love my JVC FX40 earphones in combination with a VS equipped device as it is nearly perfect. Earphones usually offer two of three sound qualities, providing Bass and Mids but lacking in Highs, or Mids and Highs but Lacking in Bass, or Bass and Highs but no Mids. These somehow manage to provide all three beautifully, and for ~$15 lol They put my $100 Shure earphones to shame :eek: Depending on how I feel though I'll generally only use Sub-Bass mode at 2-5dB.

Consider yourself lucky that you don't have the color issue. It isn't present in everything, like watching videos or games, but on some UI popups it is faintly apparent. It's mainly just an annoyance than anything else, but it does a great job and making the boot animation ugly lol

I'll keep PowerAmp in mind. WinAmp has a launcher widget as well, but it is a bit buggy sometimes. The color problem is still puzzling to me looking at those screenshots as I've never had anything like that; mine still looks just fine. Are you sure something didn't go wrong in the installation?

bill

Burban502

Sep 12, 2007
/TN/Decatur
I'll keep PowerAmp in mind. WinAmp has a launcher widget as well, but it is a bit buggy sometimes. The color problem is still puzzling to me looking at those screenshots as I've never had anything like that; mine still looks just fine. Are you sure something didn't go wrong in the installation?

bill

Since you mentioned "screenshot", those are actually photos of the screen. Which the only reason I make the clarification is because I tried to take screenshots as I figured it was more software-related, which if I viewed said shots on the Epic they depicted the problem, yet on my computer they look perfectly normal :eek: Wasn't an install problem unfortunately as I've done a clean of ROM before flashing the kernel (correctly). Effsi knows about it, and DynamicN has experienced it too. According to Effsi it has something to do with the color profile that is configured in Voodoo Color, yet something makes me think it might somehow be linked to hardware revision as well, otherwise it'd be happening to everyone. It's still a bit surprising to me that it occurs even in TWRP, as I didn't think Voodoo Color stuff would've been loaded yet, but that's just my ignorance speaking as I'm looking at it from a PC point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone