Search This thread

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Style (Pure)
q & followup

Quick question - does anyone know of a way to prevent the USB SD mount screen from always popping up whenever I connect the USB cable? In GB, there was a menu somewhere that you can pick from for which option it would default to - "usb sd mount", "usb tether", "ask me what to do", "do nothing", or something along those lines. I've scoured the settings, but can't find it; am I missing something obvious, or can this just not be changed as is? If so, does anyone know of a way to change it?

While we're on the topic of "minor questions", is there any way to get a toggle for the 3G EvDo data in the pulldown menu?

Since you mentioned "screenshot", those are actually photos of the screen. Which the only reason I make the clarification is because I tried to take screenshots as I figured it was more software-related, which if I viewed said shots on the Epic they depicted the problem, yet on my computer they look perfectly normal :eek: Wasn't an install problem unfortunately as I've done a clean of ROM before flashing the kernel (correctly). Effsi knows about it, and DynamicN has experienced it too. According to Effsi it has something to do with the color profile that is configured in Voodoo Color, yet something makes me think it might somehow be linked to hardware revision as well, otherwise it'd be happening to everyone. It's still a bit surprising to me that it occurs even in TWRP, as I didn't think Voodoo Color stuff would've been loaded yet, but that's just my ignorance speaking as I'm looking at it from a PC point of view.

Interesting. Do you see the symptoms before installing voodoo control as well, or just after? I assume you've tried reinstalling and/or clearing data for Voodoo control? Are you on the latest version (they actually changed its name to "voodoo sound" recently for whatever reason)?

bill

Reactions: AndyYan

Burban502

Sep 12, 2007
/TN/Decatur
Interesting. Do you see the symptoms before installing voodoo control as well, or just after? I assume you've tried reinstalling and/or clearing data for Voodoo control? Are you on the latest version (they actually changed its name to "voodoo sound" recently for whatever reason)?

bill

It happens immediately after flashing the kernel, unfortunately. First boot ani has those corrupt colors.

Alias8818

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
If its a green tint, turn the colors up a bit. I remember a bug with the colors when too dark. Then again, your personal colors won't take effect until booted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Reactions: TexasLTE

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Quick question - does anyone know of a way to prevent the USB SD mount screen from always popping up whenever I connect the USB cable?

Enable USB debugging in Settings - Developer options. If Dev option isn't shown yet, go to Settings - About phone, click on Build number 7 times and press Back to see the newly added Dev options.
Keep in mind that whenever you REALLY want to mount SD and transfer files, turn off USB debugging first, and plug in the cable afterwards.

Sent from HTC Incredible S @ PACman v21

Burban502

Sep 12, 2007
/TN/Decatur
Alias, did you get committed to Official status? I seem to recall the thread title included "Unofficial", or am I imagining things? :silly: lol

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Style (Pure)
q

Enable USB debugging in Settings - Developer options. If Dev option isn't shown yet, go to Settings - About phone, click on Build number 7 times and press Back to see the newly added Dev options.
Keep in mind that whenever you REALLY want to mount SD and transfer files, turn off USB debugging first, and plug in the cable afterwards.

I actually get the popup weather USB debug is enabled or not. Is this not normal?

bill

BloatedDuck404

May 5, 2012
Can you disable the capacitive lights. I rely on the nav bar since my home button and back doesnt work on this or cm10.1 etc... If im using the bars its annoying to have the lights on.

NewYorkLaw

Sep 21, 2008
staten island, new york
Anyone else have garbled text in outgoing sms messages? Mine look good to me, but garbled to many recipients... Seems random.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app.

Running this rom with no other mods.

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Anyone else have garbled text in outgoing sms messages? Mine look good to me, but garbled to many recipients... Seems random.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app.

Running this rom with no other mods.

Make sure in settings that split SMS at 160 is checked. If its not there then try pulling the MMS apk from the latest cm 10.1 ROM and use that one.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
AOKP doesn't have an Advanced menu, or is it hidden somewhere? Not that I want to disable them as I won't use onscreen (though I would like to maybe increase their timeout duration), but I'm all for more options to play with! lol

If it's not there, try using Nova Launcher's "Activities" shortcut. Find "Epic 4G Settings" in the activities list and add it as an icon to the desktop.

Reactions: DynamicN

brandon489

Jul 23, 2012
Roaming problems ugh.

I was running pa 2.52 for a long while and decided to try something new so I swapped to the new aokp 4.2.2 rom. I odined back to stock and went through the entire process fresh. My phone ran fine all night and this morning I decided to start customizing the phone. I made the mistake of opening up cdma data roaming settings and selecting domestic roaming. Now I am back in the problem a lot of old roms had where you could not roam. The domestic roaming setting is not sticking. I used to be able to fix this problem by disabling roaming guard in a multibook of fc09. Tried that and no go. I have tried factory resetting and flashing slim bean as well and still no roaming. Any help would be great.

DynamicN

Jan 8, 2013
Reno
I was running pa 2.52 for a long while and decided to try something new so I swapped to the new aokp 4.2.2 rom. I odined back to stock and went through the entire process fresh. My phone ran fine all night and this morning I decided to start customizing the phone. I made the mistake of opening up cdma data roaming settings and selecting domestic roaming. Now I am back in the problem a lot of old roms had where you could not roam. The domestic roaming setting is not sticking. I used to be able to fix this problem by disabling roaming guard in a multibook of fc09. Tried that and no go. I have tried factory resetting and flashing slim bean as well and still no roaming. Any help would be great.

Try an app called Roam Control.

brandon489

Jul 23, 2012
Try an app called Roam Control.

I know about Roam control, but I was holding off on spending the 3.99 in case i can find a fix. I can re-odin back to stock once I get home. I have no roaming data or voice. I appreciate that though. I will probably give it a shot either way later because I spend the majority of my time roaming.

brandon489

Jul 23, 2012
I know about Roam control, but I was holding off on spending the 3.99 in case i can find a fix. I can re-odin back to stock once I get home. I have no roaming data or voice. I appreciate that though. I will probably give it a shot either way later because I spend the majority of my time roaming.

It is definitely something in the kernel. I flashed an old nyan kernel, rebooted recovery and went in to an fc09 multiboot. I was able to disable roam guard from the multiboot and have service fine in fc09. Rebooted to AOKP and I had service for the beginning of the startup sequence, but about 10 seconds in to booting roaming cuts off again.

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Style (Pure)
mms and roaming

It is definitely something in the kernel. I flashed an old nyan kernel, rebooted recovery and went in to an fc09 multiboot. I was able to disable roam guard from the multiboot and have service fine in fc09. Rebooted to AOKP and I had service for the beginning of the startup sequence, but about 10 seconds in to booting roaming cuts off again.

This is probably the single biggest problem in this rom. If I didn't already have roam control, I probably would've gone back to gingerbread myself. The free version of roam control has been dead for a while, so for most people (those who need full capabilities of their phone with roaming), plunking down $4 for the software is a must. Paying money just to be able to adequately use a rom certainly doesn't please me, but I had roam control already, so it wasn't a big deal. Maybe post a request thread on mobilism?

In other news, I did get MMS working by "tap n hold" on the launcher, tapping "shortcut", choosing "activites", scrolling down to "settings", then picking "apns", then clicking the newly created shortcut. This will let you add the necessary APNs:

Name: CDMA
APN: 1
MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
MCC: 310
MNC: 120
APN type: mms
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Name: Production
APN: mms
MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
MCC/MNC: Same as before
APN protocol/APN roaming protocol: same as before

A data connection needs to be established before you can attempt to send MMSes, not sure about inbound. PRL 01120 or similar is needed for EvDo 3G data while roaming.

If you're curious, there's actually a lot of other interesting stuff under the "activities" menu including (but certainly not limited to) a torch widget ("AOKP Torch"), Battery meter (and other various settings shortcuts), and some cool capacitive button settings ("Epic 4G Settings").

Good luck.

bill

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Style (Pure)
messaging question

Quick question - does anyone know of a way to stop the stock messaging software from sending text messages when you hit enter? I'm used to the enter button doing what anyone would expect it to do - to insert a new line, but I found you actually have to press "control+enter" to do that, which is acceptable, but I find myself accidentally hitting enter at times when I don't mean to, forcing me to apologize for incomplete messages. Can this behavior in the stock messaging application be reversed?

Thanks.

bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP(4.2.2) For the Samsung Epic 4g

Epic AOKP Presents!

cm9-promo-1+%281%29.png

For newest release, check here: Link

[OLD]AOKP Build 4 for Epic 4G now available!

Follow the Epic AOKP team for the most up-to-date news, changes, or releases for the AOKP Rom:
    Epic 4G AOKP: [Google+][Facebook][Blogspot]

Links:
    News
    Features/Screenshots
    Progress/Change Logs
    Install Guide/Downloads
    Notes...

We have moved to a more organized way of giving you information!
    As you can notice, there is now an issue tracker. (helps me sort issues)
    All the information that was in these two posts are now at our blogspot: here.
    Alias can always fix that up for us though , I'm sure ... ;)

If I get some time tonight, we will go for another build.
    Also, I put my app in tonight to be a device maintainer.

Thank you for the update notice.

LTE data toggle should be WiMax instead since the Epic doesn't even have an LTE radio...

Also what's up with b34?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    If I didn't know this already, I shouldn't be compiling a ROM for you all.
    And since you want to be rude and tell people about taking pills... have yourself a chill pill :)
    #noanger

New build, in case no one knew o_O
    http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases/_/build-34-r19

P.S. Why aren't we officially supported?! ):

As mentioned, its going through some proper channels.
    There are some pieces of code I edit manually that enables ours and disables others.
    I have to figure out a way to make both happy before we can be joyously supported.

Annnnddd further more. There are a few of you that appear to feel you are entitled to the work I do.
    Maybe a reminder is needed... I don't get paid for this. This is not my job.
    I have a life, which you are merely included in because you click the download button on the work I've shared.
    You are not entitled to it, its a privilege.
    If I had the choice to take that privilege away, some of you would no longer have it.
    Be grateful for what life and people give to you, it all can be taken away.