[ROM][AOKP 4.4.x//kitkat][HLTE] UNOFFICIAL Android Open Kang Project for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified)

Search This thread

amicoda1

Jul 7, 2008
Which launcher does this rom use guys?
also does it have same issues as CM rom? random reboots, screechy speaker etc
The issues are the same
Do you know why? I'm with these issues too.. Just flashed the room yesterday:(
Does anyone know which room is the most stable one for our n9005?

amicoda1

Jul 7, 2008
Latest unofficial is pretty stable for me. Runs well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've just installed aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-05-03.zip 2 days ago - completely wiped data before - Is it the latest, right? I've already experienced random reboot once... :crying:
Hope I don't experience random reboots anymore... This is so bad...

Svid

Sep 8, 2010
TLV
I've just installed aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-05-03.zip 2 days ago - completely wiped data before - Is it the latest, right? I've already experienced random reboot once... :crying:
Hope I don't experience random reboots anymore... This is so bad...

Yes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
scar45.me
Hi all! First off, my apologies for being somewhat inactive on this thread. Life is really busy, and since no one seems to be building pure AOKP unofficials for HLTE, I have taken it upon myself. They're compiled on the actual build server which builds the official ROM, and I usually just cherry pick a few commits in between nightlies.

That said, I too was experiencing a heavy amount of random reboots and other such nasty behaviour. However, recently things have been running MUCH smoother after I flashed the latest stock 4.4 ROM (with bootloader/radio/etc.), then put AOKP back on with a fresh install. If you are experiencing random reboots, and by chance hadn't upgraded to a full 4.4 stock ROM (with bootloader), then I might suggest the same.

As a bonus, I was also able to track down a workaround for the proximity sensor issues. You'll need a terminal app (or ADB access), then as SU, run the following commands (which appear to reset the calibration of the proximity sensor):

Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/sensors/proximity_sensor/prox_cal

and then:

Code:
echo 1 > /sys/class/sensors/proximity_sensor/prox_cal

...it was noted that these needed to be performed after each reboot, but after doing it once, then rebooting (without running them a second time), the prox sensor still seemed to work much better for me while in calls. I used an app to test the sensor.

With all of the above, you should also know that a new unofficial is available, 05-18-2014, and can be found on the unofficial builds link in the OP. It has all merged commits since that date, plus 2 interesting cherry picks:

• DownloadProvider: DownloadManager: add support pause/resume/stop notifications
  • Lockscreen blur (really cool!)

Hope the above can help you iron out any issues with HLTE, and once again, forgive me if I am not as responsive as I'd like to be (and thanks to those who step into the discussions)!

Reactions: nickster1

nickster1

Dec 8, 2011
Minneapolis
I have been kicking around the idea of updating to the new bootloader & your information might of given me the push I needed to do so. Thanks for the great rom man & no worries on the activity on this thread. You provide the great builds & that's what makes us happy.

Reactions: scar45

worshipfulone

Aug 8, 2010
Hey all. I use aokp on my Note 3 and I love it. This thread seems really quiet. Is there somewhere else you all gather?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][AOKP 4.4.x//kitkat][HLTE] UNOFFICIAL Android Open Kang Project for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified)

83.png

Device: HLTE // Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE)

Welcome to AOKP for the HLTE aka Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE)(Unified)!
    These are UNofficial builds (pure AOKP with some cherry-picks of open commits for now) maintained by scar45.

This ROM is tested and working great, with exception to NFC, about the only non-functional component. Hopefully a fix will appear soon (this applies to multiple AOSP-based ROMs for the Note 3).

Many thanks to @ProTekk and CM for their assistance with bringing AOKP to this device!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png

» The latest Changelog is always found on the Download site by clicking on the "Changelog »" link.

80.png

» Downloads are found at aokp.co/unofficial-builds »
    * Be sure to download ROMs that are ONLY for "//SAMSUNG/HLTE"

82.png

» SOURCE on AOKP.co
    » AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github

Enjoy!

.end OP

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Kang Project, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    scar45
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: GAPPS for Android 4.4 (kitkat) (on ROM Download page)
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-24
    Last Updated 2014-03-24
    Just one question that annoys me... Why can't the lockscreen wallpaper have the right orientation. I mean... When you try to set it it switches to a square shape instead of a vertical one.
    Am I clear? lol

You are coming in clear good sir! I have noticed this bug myself, however a lot of ROM Control is still a work-in-progress, hence AOKP for HLTE not being 'official' just yet. We're working on it, and if any fixes are made before an official build is released, I'll get another unofficial ready and post a quick update here. :)
    Just a quick update to let everyone know that I built HLTE fresh this evening, and it has a handful of cherry picks outside of the latest nightly.

(hlte) Downloads on AOKP.co/unofficial-builds

Changelog for aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-05-03.zip
    • fix the width of traditional scrollable toggles
    • Toast Animations [1/2]
    • RC: Toast animations [2/2]
    • QuickContact: onLongClick save item data to clipboard
    • Fullscreen UI when in Incoming call based on CM
    • RC: make animations faster by default
    • Change video recording toggle drawable in Quick Settings
    • FW: Swap Stylus pointer with TW dot
    Enjoy!
    Well I hope the OP doesn't mind me posting this here.... ;)

aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-09-24.zip

Compiled today with Temasek's kernel... Remember this is for hlte only!! Enjoy :D

Screenshot_2014-09-24-13-53-16.png