[ROM][AOKP 4.4.x//kitkat][HLTE] UNOFFICIAL Android Open Kang Project for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified)

Search This thread

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Same here haven't used aokp in 2 years.. Haven't had a issue yet. Bar 1 video freeze and lock up but that was probably MX player I was using.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app

I've had no major issues yet, got very nearly 2 days out of battery and close to 4 hours screen time so I can't complain, I might try building it with temaseks kernel for my next build ;)

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Well I hope the OP doesn't mind me posting this here.... ;)

aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-09-24.zip

Compiled today with Temasek's kernel... Remember this is for hlte only!! Enjoy :D

Screenshot_2014-09-24-13-53-16.png

Last edited:

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield

gianton

Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2009
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi Mi 9
Sorry about that I've changed link in post above and I've uploaded it again to devhost here

Devhost - aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-09-24.zip

and also uploaded it to mega here

Mega - aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-09-24.zip
Nice ROM mate thanks a lot! AOKP used to be my daily driver on all my nexus devices and I'm glad it works great on my Note3.
I can't change the color of the notification light with Rom control. Using Light Manager app from Play instead.
Rest is running great so far.

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
scar45.me
Hey [vertigo], no problem at all with posting your unofficial builds whenever you compile any!

I've actually departed with my Note 3 and moved to the OnePlus One, but the official buildbox will always generate nightlies when scheduled, and they can always be found @ http://aokp.co/devices/hlte.

Glad the ROM seems to be working very well for everyone too! Cheers.

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
scar45.me
One simple question. Is every modification in this CM-based CustomROM OpenSource?

Just wondering is aokp actually a cm rom but with its unique feature OR a its own but packed with cm feature and its feature

To answer you both (in a way), AOKP is completely its own ROM. We are not based on CM, but rather AOSP. All that we do use from CM would be their device trees (getting the ROM to work with certain/specific hardware).

bibiner

Jul 10, 2012
To answer you both (in a way), AOKP is completely its own ROM. We are not based on CM, but rather AOSP. All that we do use from CM would be their device trees (getting the ROM to work with certain/specific hardware).
Awesome. That will mean most bug from cm will not occur on this rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][AOKP 4.4.x//kitkat][HLTE] UNOFFICIAL Android Open Kang Project for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified)

83.png

Device: HLTE // Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE)

Welcome to AOKP for the HLTE aka Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE)(Unified)!
    These are UNofficial builds (pure AOKP with some cherry-picks of open commits for now) maintained by scar45.

This ROM is tested and working great, with exception to NFC, about the only non-functional component. Hopefully a fix will appear soon (this applies to multiple AOSP-based ROMs for the Note 3).

Many thanks to @ProTekk and CM for their assistance with bringing AOKP to this device!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png

» The latest Changelog is always found on the Download site by clicking on the "Changelog »" link.

80.png

» Downloads are found at aokp.co/unofficial-builds »
    * Be sure to download ROMs that are ONLY for "//SAMSUNG/HLTE"

82.png

» SOURCE on AOKP.co
    » AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github

Enjoy!

.end OP

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Kang Project, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    scar45
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: GAPPS for Android 4.4 (kitkat) (on ROM Download page)
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-24
    Last Updated 2014-03-24
    Just one question that annoys me... Why can't the lockscreen wallpaper have the right orientation. I mean... When you try to set it it switches to a square shape instead of a vertical one.
    Am I clear? lol

You are coming in clear good sir! I have noticed this bug myself, however a lot of ROM Control is still a work-in-progress, hence AOKP for HLTE not being 'official' just yet. We're working on it, and if any fixes are made before an official build is released, I'll get another unofficial ready and post a quick update here. :)
    Just a quick update to let everyone know that I built HLTE fresh this evening, and it has a handful of cherry picks outside of the latest nightly.

(hlte) Downloads on AOKP.co/unofficial-builds

Changelog for aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-05-03.zip
    • fix the width of traditional scrollable toggles
    • Toast Animations [1/2]
    • RC: Toast animations [2/2]
    • QuickContact: onLongClick save item data to clipboard
    • Fullscreen UI when in Incoming call based on CM
    • RC: make animations faster by default
    • Change video recording toggle drawable in Quick Settings
    • FW: Swap Stylus pointer with TW dot
    Enjoy!
    Well I hope the OP doesn't mind me posting this here.... ;)

aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-09-24.zip

Compiled today with Temasek's kernel... Remember this is for hlte only!! Enjoy :D

Screenshot_2014-09-24-13-53-16.png