[ROM][AOKP 7.1/Nougat][HLTE]OFFICIAL AOKP for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified) Nightlies

Search This thread

misko2k

May 16, 2010
I have noticed since last update that from time to time my signal is not available,
after reboot i have full signal again.

(I have flashed new version over previous old version after this i flashed last Magisk. I have not cleaned dalvik and cache)

any hint what could it be ?

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
I have noticed since last update that from time to time my signal is not available,
after reboot i have full signal again.

(I have flashed new version over previous old version after this i flashed last Magisk. I have not cleaned dalvik and cache)

any hint what could it be ?
More than likely, it is due to the age of these devices. The last firmware for these devices was designed for Android Lollipop. We use a lot of little hacks to make it work with all of the changes since Lollipop. It's similar to the issue we are facing on Oreo with Bluetooth. Anyway, chances are that some of ril hacks that we use are causing occasional hiccoughs.

Reactions: misko2k

JaphyTm

Jan 15, 2015
I have issues with the keyboard apps not coming up in some screens. Please any help?

I have issues with the keyboard apps not coming up in some screens. Please any help?

Unidave199

Nov 18, 2013
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Japhy,

What keyboard apps are you using? Can you be a little more specific on what 'screens' you are using? I presume that you mean the default keyboard will not display when you are using certain apps.

Have you tried installing GBoard or another fairly standard and popular keyboard?

JaphyTm

Jan 15, 2015
Japhy,

What keyboard apps are you using? Can you be a little more specific on what 'screens' you are using? I presume that you mean the default keyboard will not display when you are using certain apps.

Have you tried installing GBoard or another fairly standard and popular keyboard?

I have the issues with two apps specifically. When I try using ussd and it prompts for a response, I can't get the keyboard to work. Same thing happens in LinkApp wireless control app for my Alcatel one touch MiFi device. I should also mention that my phone has a cracked screen and I only use the S-pen for control.
I have tried Gboard and SwiftKey both with same results.
Thanks!

koekto69

Nov 2, 2018
stops receiving calls after a while

the problem i am having is people saying i am not answering phone calls but i am not receiving any
after i reboot its fine and then few hours later people can't call me
i have n900t
i flashed modem and bootloader

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
All builds after 30.1.2019 Bluetooth no longer works, can't see any new devices or connect to currently paired either. 30.1.2019 works fine though.

That's true. Bluetooth radio seems not to work at all.

Some news about BT?
Where can i get the 30.1.2019 firmware?

The 4.3.2019 update still has broken Bluetooth for me even with clean flash.

Hey guys, I'll see if I can take a look at Nougat this weekend. I have been super busy lately, but I'll see if I can dig something up. I won't lie to you guys, I probably won't be working on hlte much anymore. My hlte bit the dust, so I have no way to test builds anymore, and I have started working on OnePlus 5 cheeseburger, since that's what I am using now. I will do what I can for hlte, though, just no guarantees.

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
All builds after 30.1.2019 Bluetooth no longer works, can't see any new devices or connect to currently paired either. 30.1.2019 works fine though.

That's true. Bluetooth radio seems not to work at all.

Some news about BT?
Where can i get the 30.1.2019 firmware?

The 4.3.2019 update still has broken Bluetooth for me even with clean flash.

Hey guys, I'll see if I can take a look at Nougat this weekend. I have been super busy lately, but I'll see if I can dig something up. I won't lie to you guys, I probably won't be working on hlte much anymore. My hlte bit the dust, so I have no way to test builds anymore, and I have started working on OnePlus 5 cheeseburger, since that's what I am using now. I will do what I can for hlte, though, just no guarantees.

So I dug back through LOS commits for the nougat/cm-14.1 branches, and I found a couple of commits from 2/8 that have to deal with bluetooth, specifically they changed the way bluetooth firmware is shared among hlte variants. I have pulled those commits into AOKP, and the next build, which should run on 4/10, will have them. Hopefully that will get bluetooth back up and going for you guys. I would do a test build, but I haven't had the full nougat tree on my box for quite some time now. Hopefully my build server will be up and running soon, which will let me have more storage for multiple trees and branches. Again, no guarantees on continued hlte support, but I will do what I can.

Once the new build posts to the AOKP site, test it out and let me know how it goes.

pearljohn

May 17, 2012
Redmi Note 8
Realme 6
So I dug back through LOS commits for the nougat/cm-14.1 branches, and I found a couple of commits from 2/8 that have to deal with bluetooth, specifically they changed the way bluetooth firmware is shared among hlte variants. I have pulled those commits into AOKP, and the next build, which should run on 4/10, will have them. Hopefully that will get bluetooth back up and going for you guys. I would do a test build, but I haven't had the full nougat tree on my box for quite some time now. Hopefully my build server will be up and running soon, which will let me have more storage for multiple trees and branches. Again, no guarantees on continued hlte support, but I will do what I can.

Once the new build posts to the AOKP site, test it out and let me know how it goes.
Thanks so much, you are very kind.
I will test it on release day. ?

pearljohn

May 17, 2012
Redmi Note 8
Realme 6

Thanks so much. Updated to 10.4.2019 hlte build and Bluetooth and everything else is working great.

Reactions: svbarbosa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    106.png

[ROM][AOKP 7.1/Nougat][HLTE]OFFICIAL AOKP for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified) Nightlies

Code:
    *** Disclaimer***
    Your warranty is now void!
    I am not responsible for damages caused by this ROM
    YOU are choosing to install it!
    If you have any concerns about potential issues or features with this ROM, do your research!
    If you accuse me of causing problems with your device, you WILL be ridiculed!

Introduction
    AOKP is a ROM developed by TeamKang, based on AOSP with magical unicorn bytes (awesome features) baked right in!
    These builds have only been tested on SM-N9005! @Buslova confirmed working on SM-N900P for Sprint

Features
    • Full OMS/Substratum support - Theming built right in
    • ROM Control app - A central place to manage all almost all the cool features Magical Unicorn Bytes!
    • Gesture Anywhere/App Circle Bar/App Sidebar - Use gestures/side bars to launch frequently used apps/activities
    • PIE - Quickly access common actions by swiping up above home key
    • LED Control - Control color and pattern for notification LED
    • Tons of other tuneables - So many aspects can be changed, from the LockScreen to the hardware button mapping, and much more!

Installation instructions
    • Backup your data! (nandroid, TiBu, etc.)
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset (You did backup, right?)
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS (OpenGapps or similar; ARM platform; Android 7.1)
    • Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

Download

Changelog
    Code:
    Changelog is available at the download link above

Thanks To/Credits
    *TeamKang
    *tdm
    *LineageOS

PayPal Donations and thanks are always appreciated!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Kang Project for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (HLTE), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    shane87
    Source Code: [url]http://aokp.co/source[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2017-11-26
    Last Updated 2017-11-26
    Guys, I FINALLY got a successful Oreo AOKP build! I am going to do some basic testing in the next couple of days (make sure it boots, can make calls, take pictures, etc.) Once I have done that, I will be looking for a few testers to do some more stringent tests that I just can't do, since I have to test using my wife's phone. As of right now, I am NOT giving out the link to the ROM!
    Update
    So I have been trying to bring more s-pen support to AOKP Nougat. The s-pen currently works as a stylus, but there is no support for using the stylus to input gestures like you can on stock. Lineage recently merged a few commits to implement stylus gestures into their trees, and I have been trying to cherry-pick those over to AOKP. I've got the changes to CMParts pulled in and merged, and everything still builds. But when I merge the code to actually make the gestures work, it breaks hlte builds. On doing some digging, it appears our framework is missing some commits that lineage has merged. And I'm talking a large number of commits, going back a couple of years. With everyone working on Oreo bring up, I'm just not sure if we can get it straightened out for Nougat. On the plus side, the commits are there for Oreo, so adding stylus gestures for Oreo should be a cinch, once we get Oreo going that is. Again, NO ETAs!!!
    GIVE YOUR NOTE-3 N9005 STEREO SOUND with built-in speakers

Hello again! Last night i managed to enable dual stereo mod for this ROM (or maybe all lineage roms in general as this rom is based on lineage). I have previously tried using the mod that already exists for TouchWiz based roms but it failed in giving me any sort of output so i took the file of this AOKP ROM and did the modifications myself in order to keep things from braking up. The big problem was that after enabling the dual stereo i discovered that I lost the loudspeaker function during voice calls. Today i managed to fix that too so i am uploading the file for you to use. I am happy to share this with you but please BEWARE that i haven't tested it in depth so do keep a backup of your original file before copying mine over just in case.

The installation is very simple - use any root file manager (I am using "Total Commander") to copy the attached file to your /system/etc folder after renaming the original file there to something else like mixer_paths_old.xml. After copying make sure you gave it the proper permissions for reading and reboot your phone. Open any youtube or other media file and enjoy STEREO SOUND ! :) Left speaker is the ear speaker (the one over samsung logo in front) and right speaker is the speaker at the bottom (next to stylus).

"Thank you" 's appreciated if you found this mod useful ;)
    Alright guys, I have tested the AOKP Oreo build, and it does boot! Calls work, camera sort of works (pictures work, app crashes when trying to save video), root works, at least the basics are there. I'm not sure what all features have been ported at this time, if any have. I know that ROMControl has not been ported yet. If anyone wants to test, pm me and I will get you the link to my unofficial build.